Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Please can you help as I am confused with the different views on the test I should take to prove french language learning ?

1. Does CIC accept DELF and TEF certificates? as I have read posts from the forum that TEF is mostly advised due to fixed marking grades unlike DELF which is provided points as decided by the case officer ?
2. As the testing is done for Listening, reading, writing, speaking - do we have to score a certain minimum for each section as I also saw that we only have to sit for listening and speaking ? If yes, can we ignore the remaining two i.e writing and reading ?

Thanks very much

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanity said:
Please can you help as I am confused with the different views on the test I should take to prove french language learning ?

1. Does CIC accept DELF and TEF certificates?( for Federal then only TEF and for Quebec then both) as I have read posts from the forum that TEF is mostly advised due to fixed marking grades unlike DELF which is provided points as decided by the case officer ?
2. As the testing is done for Listening, reading, writing, speaking - do we have to score a certain minimum for each section as I also saw that we only have to sit for listening and speaking ? If yes, can we ignore the remaining two i.e writing and reading ?
for federal, each module points are to be counted and for Quebec, Only listening and speaking. But please note that if you appear for delf exam then there is a pass/ fail criteria. To pass this exam you need 50 out of 100. Each module has 25 maximum marks. So 25X4=100. In delf you can't appear for only 2 modules)
Thanks very much

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
francaise said:
[blue] @ sanity,

As rightly said by francaise, for DELF, you must clear all sections with minium 5/25 marks and with overall passing score of 50/100 marks. This is not the situation with TEF.

Also in TEF, you can get different scores for different sections of assessment, but DELF gives you overall score of all sections, for ex. passing DELF A1 will give you points at A1 level, but in TEF, you can get different points for sections, based on your score in the test for each section, and thus you will be getting points for different levels for each section in TEF. which is not in DELF.

hope your concerns are answered. [/blue]

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Iceberg7 said:
Hey Angeleye..

Don't have to know all of these..it's not a test about Quebec culture/history.

Just know the normal fair knowledge about the place you intend to live in.

Easy!
thx iceberg, such a relief ;)

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicante.ph said:
yes, I have sent my application 1st week of aug. Did you send any French exams with your application? You're from Phils too right? For me I did not send any exams only completion of A1 I'm a bit confuse whether to take the exam or not..or just play by luck during thé ineterview.. LOL if ever i Will réach interview hahah.. Whats ur initial points? And profession? Thanks
good luck! you'l receive ur aor soon. sent you PM.

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
angeleye said:
thx iceberg, such a relief ;)
I think we're on the same boat now my friend. I'm also starting to become anxious about the interview! Are you scheduled on the 12th? I'll be interviewed on the 14th. I hope we'll both have good news to share after the interview.

Cheers!

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
joidiple said:
good luck! you'l receive ur aor soon. sent you PM.
thanks dear!! God bless on ur application too.. :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi friends!
I am asking here this very distinct question. But surely it holds some importance.

Seeking ur true and valuable advice on this.

If a person has filled for his divorce application, then what should he send for documents with initial application?
Because he will not able to get any documents from his spouse.

Also in this case, will he be considered as single applicant or married appkucant.

Also, if a person has kept file as married applicant, but then he gets divorced, so what will happen here.

Pls advice.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal

HELLO EVERYONE AND MY FRIENDS

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES.

I AM VERY HAPPY TO SHARE MY INTERVIEW DETAILS WITH YOU GUYS.

MY INTERVIEW WAS LAST ALMOST 1HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. INTERVIEW WAS VERY VERY GOOD. LUCKILY MY IMMIGRATION OFFICER WAS VERY VERY GOOD AND GENTLE. MY INTERVIEW WAS 75% AND 25% IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH.

ACTUALLY WE DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, WE SPOKEN IN ENGLISH ONLY INSTEAD OF FRENCH AND SHE ENCOURAGE US TO SPEAK FRENCH BUT WE SPOKEN VERY LESS FRENCH.

MOST OF THE TIME SHE JUST LOOKING OUR DOCUMENTS AND WRITING OUR ANSWERS ON THE COMPUTER.

WE MADE A ALMOST 22-25 PAGE ASSIGNMENT ON QUEBEC WHICH WE COVERS ALMOST ABOUT EVERY THING ON THAT ASSIGNMENT WE SHOWN TO HER WHICH WE COVER THESE TOPICS
WHY WE CHOOSE QUEBEC,
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN QUEBEC
WHERE TO SETTLE
EDUCATION SYSTEM
HOUSING IN QUEBEC
ECONOMY , CURRENT LABOUR MARKET, COMMON VALUES, SOCIETY , QUALITY OF LIFE , COST OF LIVING , FINANCIAL PLANNING. ETC ETC.

SHE WAS VERY IMPRESSED TO SEE THAT FILE SHE SAID DEFINITIVELY I WILL GIVE YOU EXTRA POINT FOR YOUR RESEARCH.

SHE CHECKED OUR ACADEMIC DOCUMENT AND CALCULATING POINTS. SHE ALSO SEEN OUR DELF EXAM CERTIFICATES. SHE ASKED ABOUT OUR JOB WHICH WE ARE DOING AT THE MOVEMENT AND ANY MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE AND WHAT TYPE OF JOB SEARCH WE DID TO SETTEL DOWN THERE THEN WE EXPLAIN ABOUT OUR JOB AND WE SHOWN OUR JOBS SEARCHES TO HER.

END OF THE INTERVIEW SHE SAID CONGRATULATION I AM ACCEPTING YOU AS A QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER.
WE ALSO DISCUSS LOT OF OTHER GENERAL THING IN INTERVIEW.

ONE QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO GOT CSQ, WHICH ONE IS PRIORITY CODE.

if any thing more i remember then i let you know or you can send me message about interview then i will let you know if she asked me in interview because it is hard to remember and to explain here.

thanks again

STILLHOPE

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Thank you very much stillhope for sharing your experience and the details regarding the interview. I'll be interviewed next month but I haven't done as much research as you probably did. I'll make sure to cover all the things that you've mentioned in your post.

Good luck on your federal application! ;D

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
thanks dear,

i did lot of research because i feel that my french is not very good so i decided that i can make other thing strong instead of french.

good luck for your interview.

one more thing be positive and confident in your answers then no body can stop u.

stillhope

solokru said:
Thank you very much stillhope for sharing your experience and the details regarding the interview. I'll be interviewed next month but I haven't done as much research as you probably did. I'll make sure to cover all the things that you've mentioned in your post.

Good luck on your federal application! ;D

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Thanks very much Francaise and mkshah .
Does it mean that TEF will allow us to sit for only listening and speaking ( and ignore the other two) as the points will be allocated independant of each other ?

thanks again for being so helpful !

mannemv

Feb 16, 2011
ae03yy said:
mannemv,

I remember that when i needed to change my address i simply called the MICC at 1-514 873-5760 (then press 5).
The person i spoke told me i could simply give her my address and when i did (on the phone that day) she entered it to the system.

You need to call btw 8:30 and noon. Sometimes, i tried many times as they seem always busy. I believe they will be able to verify if your contact is updated without difficulties.
Thank you and I will do that...

one more question that for USA residents there is no selection interview is that true?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
mannemv said:
Thank you and I will do that...

one more question that for USA residents there is no selection interview is that true?

[blue] no thats not true, i seen many people from new york on this site discussing about their own experience in interview.