Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
It is not compulsory anyway so far you will be able to make it to the employability threshold and ultimately get to interview without this but it is better for both of you to study french at the same time as this will afford you the opportunity to have someone to practise your french with, at least that was what i did with my spouse and it paid off. Further more, your spouse will earn you additional points by taking the exam and ultimately will make integration into the Quebec society easier for the both of you.

Good luck!

agnes_blush27 said:
@ donsoft.is it ok it i will be the 1 who will take the delf.and my partner will just study french later on?

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Yes please.

agnes_blush27 said:
can somebody help calculate my points
a. Education – RN from philippines and finish masters degree - 10 (http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PHILIPPINES.pdf)

@ donsoft
can i be given 11 points for my education cause i was able to finish my masters degree?it was writen the link above that masters degree 11 points.ty

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Please go here - www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

naxar99 said:
hi all
this is my 1st post on this forum and i can see many seniors like shahi sharing very good and helpful info on this forum. like lot of members i am confused too how to evaluate my points i have done the assessment online alone or with my dependants and result has been positive both times here is my detail
BBA 3 years (pak)
MBA London
27 years age
2 years experience in marketing
spouse
BBA 3 years (pak)
MBA 1 years (PAk) in 2005 experience nil

French (i have taken admission in beginner course)

i have Son aged 2 and half both of my dependent's are living with me here in uk
should i go ahead to apply with my dependent's or apply alone
please help

Thank you

regards

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
The link below will go a long way in clearing your doubts;

www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

Read through and revert if need be.

Zoultrex said:
Hi guys, im trying to get some help about points under experience in the Quebec list areas of training.

I have posted my question here:
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/question-about-quebec-list-of-qualifications-and-points-in-trainingeducation-t78930.0.html;msg917122#msg917122

but I think that maybe instead of creating a new topic I should have posted it under an existing and live thread :D

Any help appreciated
sorry for double posting

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
rugzo said:
Hi Everyone,

I am an international student in NYC at an ABET credited engineering school. I have three semesters to complete my undergrad degree. I am not planning to spend time and look for work and for a sponsor for H1 work visa in NYC. I want to relocate to Canada and most probably to Quebec.

My questions are:
How long does it take to get a green light to land in Quebec? - about a year and above
Can I apply towards the end of my degree or Should I wait until I graduate? - wait till you graduate so you can claim the maximum number of points alloted to education.
Has anyone taken the French test? yes How is it in general? all depends on you, if you devote time you will be able to get to a comfortable level of french in less than no time
Those of you who are engineers in Quebec, how is the work situation? It is is a regulated occupation Your experiences as an immigrant?- search for landed immigrants forum for more info
Is there anyone who went to Quebec immediately after graduating from university? yes this is possible once you are able to get enough points to qualify for selection

Please go here for more info - www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

Thank you for your answers.

Walatbe

Aug 7, 2011
Quebec CSQ Application

I applied for the Quebec CSQ after filling an online assesment and qualified, but after my application, i got a response saying i was refused and that i could appeal. I feel i have a good ground for my appeal as i was scored a zero in the oral french which i should not be scored as i was in Belgium for 2 years in which i was able to communicate passably in french even though it had been a while now and more over i went to do a beginners class in french during the period of my CSQ process as i thought i would be called for an interview and i am still registered for an intermediate class in french as i intend to reside in Quebec due to my background in Biotechnology. I will like to know if i stand a chance with the appeal or any other advice will be welcomed. I was sored a 54 points out of the needed 57 points. Advice and informatons needed. Thanks

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Sorry about this development. Kindly advise us of your profile using the format below so we can analyse your case further and advise you properly;

1. Training
a. Educational Attainment –
b. Area of Training –
2. Experience -
3. Age -
4. Language
a. English -
b. French -
5. Family and Stay in Quebec -
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. French -
7. Validated Job Offer -
8. Children –
9. Financial Self Sufficiency –

Walatbe said:
Quebec CSQ Application

I applied for the Quebec CSQ after filling an online assesment and qualified, but after my application, i got a response saying i was refused and that i could appeal. I feel i have a good ground for my appeal as i was scored a zero in the oral french which i should not be scored as i was in Belgium for 2 years in which i was able to communicate passably in french even though it had been a while now and more over i went to do a beginners class in french during the period of my CSQ process as i thought i would be called for an interview and i am still registered for an intermediate class in french as i intend to reside in Quebec due to my background in Biotechnology. I will like to know if i stand a chance with the appeal or any other advice will be welcomed. I was sored a 54 points out of the needed 57 points. Advice and informatons needed. Thanks

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
montreal789 said:
Hi Solokru. Thank you very much for responding to my case.

Surprisingly enough I only received a rejection letter. I never made it to an interview. I always thought that they would send an "intent to reject or refuse" with 60 days to provide additional documents that may help your case. I guess with mine, they rushed to judgement.

Wow...I can't believe they overlooked your nursing degree especially since it's in the priority list. This is what makes me believe that they only take into account the "higher degree" which is the Bachelor's, because it's greater than a diploma. Even in the Quebec immi procedure guide it states that they have to consider which diploma will give the applicant the most points. Do they not follow this rule?????

I'm glad that you finally got an interview. You are the second person who I've encountered with a similar case as mine.

Did you mail your documents to montreal for admin review? After how long did you hear from them?

Thanks again for your input and encouragement.
In our country (Philippines) a nursing degree is also equivalent to a bachelor's degree. No, I didn't file for an administrative review in Montreal. The intent to reject letter states that you need to submit the supporting documents to their office (BIQ-HK) and if they're response is still not favorable you can file for an administrative review in Montreal.

Yes, I must admit that it is kinda irritating and disappointing for them to have that kind of mistake. They should've read my DCS application stating that I am applying as a nurse and not as a biologist but I believe things happen for a reason. I hope you'll get a favorable response after filing your administrative review.

Cheers!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ Walatbe,
yeah d online assesment might av told u dat u qualify, but then u should also note that their is usually a disclaimer at d end of d assessmnt result. Now haven said that, can u pls answer d ff:
1) how many years ago did u stay in Belgium?
2)Where u there on study?
3)was d study done in french?
4) Did u include french class enrolment receipt with ur applicatn?
5) For aw long av u been in d french clas now?
6)Why havent u been able to sit a french exam b4 now?
I think one or more of these questns MIGHT av been casting doubt on ur RO. BIQ/MICC is nt interestd in informal learning they want conscious & delibrate learning. Being to Belgium is quite different 4rm learning french there/studying in french there

canadien85

Star Member
Jul 22, 2010
INDIA.....MONTREAL.....INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
hong-kong (New Delhi)
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Nomination.....
Dec, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
mkshah said:
Hi Kaps1706,
I am also in need for the same info.
So I check on the net for test centres of TEFaQ in India. It showed as "Alliance Francaise" is their authorized test conducting body.

But, when I inquired at Alliance Francaise centre in my city, they didnot responed in any affirmative.

The lady at reception desk told me that They seldom take TEF or TEFaQ test, as they have less students seeking this test, and they only take DELF/DALF test, that too after completion of 150 hours of study for each level A1, A2 etc.

So, why not you check with your local AF centre or AF center in nearby city and ask them about TEFaQ test?

Also share the response here.

What i
up 2 my knowledge.......Delhi center takes this exam as per request......may aslo mumbai...

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi canadien85,
are u sure about this?
Pls can u share some more info. If u know someone who has taken this test in India, pls ask him.
canadien85 said:
up 2 my knowledge.......Delhi center takes this exam as per request......may aslo mumbai...

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
Hii experts,

Do i hv to get a certificate from my school and colleges that the medium of studies was english.
and in the form, for fench language if i fill intermediate 8, haw many points will i get ?? and what level should i prepare for delf A2 or delf B1 or B2.
How many points are there for french for these levels 1,2,3,4, 5,6,7,8. for french language ?
If i hv cleared delf b1 then which level should i put in the qsw selection form.

thanks

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish

Hello Guys,
Did anyone send their application to BIQ Paris in Mid March by any chance,I've send my application but still waiting for AOR,I've phone couple of weeks ago they said they dealing with the end of Feb application,if anyone have the information can you share please. Cheers

Abmir

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting

ABMIR said:
Hello Guys,
Did anyone send their application to BIQ Paris in Mid March by any chance,I've send my application but still waiting for AOR,I've phone couple of weeks ago they said they dealing with the end of Feb application,if anyone have the information can you share please. Cheers

Abmir
Hi Abmir,

I think u need to wait for like couple of months... but u will get it... i got my AOR in 9 months from Paris...

Bonna chance

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hi canadien85,
are u sure about this?
Pls can u share some more info. If u know someone who has taken this test in India, pls ask him.
you can go for TEF exam. I think AF doesn't conduct TEFaQ in India. TEF only conducts in the AF if there are minimum of 3 candidates register for test.