V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
niravk said:
Immigration to Quebec from India

I am Nirav Khatri from Mumbai working as a senior research executive with a listed IT company. My basic role is to provide market intelligence support to our clients. I have done my PGDBA ( Finance) from Mumbai. I have successfully passed free evaluation test on quebec website. Hence I am encouraged to write this post and seek your help.

-Is it necessary for me to hire the services of an immigration consultant while filing the application form? - NO THE PROCESS IS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD.

-What are the job prospects for a researher like me in quebec? - CHECK emploi quebec

-Do the immigration authorities conduct an interview for granting a CSQ? Sometimes, it all depends on individual cases. What is the criteria that is followed by them for allocation CSQ certificates to respective applicants (points, profile etc) - Here are some useful websites - http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

-After successfully obtaining CSQ certificate, they will despatch me an application for PR Visa. No, you will be the one to submit an application for PR at a Canadian Embassy Can I submit these PR Visa application in my home country (India) YES Please or I need to land in Canada first and then proceed to immigration counter for issuance of PR visa. NO

-Is it possible to get a medical test from India itself? YES What are the cost associated with it? Shahi will be in a better position to respond to this

-Is it necessary to appear for IELTS exams for Quebec immigration? No I have read it in many posts that IELTS scores are not required for an applicant seeking quebec immigration. is it true? YES, provided you have a proof to show that you studied in English or you work in an organisation where English Language is the official Language for conducting businesses.

Thanks for your help - Welcome

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
[size=10pt][size=10pt]You are welcome.
[/size][/size]

quebecaspirant said:
Hey really and donsoft,
Thanks a lot for your efforts to clarify me :)(i was away and not able to respond to u immediately)

thanks and regards,

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Yes you can but i would have suggested you also back it up with an atestation of age from the National population council in India.

b.indiano68 said:
Please help us with this information. Our local municipality in India can not issue Birth Certificate for people born before 1972. However, My wife would be the principal applicant and she has her Birth Certificate. Can I enclose declaration from First Class Magistrate besides, my School certificates etc where my date of birth is written.

mamuka_kh

Mar 10, 2011
DONSOFT

Thank you very much.

Improve your French and you will be able to make the cut off. Good luck.

What you mean in "cut off" ?

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
mickeymouse said:
Hi,
We(Me, my husband and our 1 year old son) are in the process of filing for Quebec CSQ. Need your opinion in deciding who should be the principal applicant , me or my spouse? Here are certain points we are considering:

1. My educational qualification is Master of Engineering in Computer Science whereas my spouse's qualification is Master of Science(Electronics) - Both of you will score 12 points for educational attainment, however you were silent about your first degree and whether the experience you have acquired is related to your area of Training or not. Kindly let us know if any of the degrees is less than five years or not as well.

I have read somewhere that there are more points for Computer Science specialization. Is that true? Well i can only say that Computer Science has more points than Electronic Engineering in the Area of Training Criteria.

2. My age is below 35 and my spouse is above 35. Does it matter that the younger partner should be the principal applicant? A younger person will obviously score the highest point for age which is sixteen but that does not necessarily mean that the younger person will score more points when all the points are added up.

3. My work experience in last 5 years is for 4 years. I have been a stay-at-home mom for the past 1 year for our newborn. Does it make a negative impression if the principal application is not working recently. Before this, I had been working for 7.5 years as Software Engineer. YES, you may likely loose points for Area of Training as you are supposed to be practising within the last one year a profession that is related to your area of training.

Keeping in mind these points, who do you think should be the principal applicant for CSQ application? Please use the format below to fill in your individual points so we can advise you better.

1. Training
a. Educational Attainment –
b. Area of Training –
2. Experience -
3. Age -
4. Language
a. English -
b. French -
5. Family and Stay in Quebec -
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. English -
e. French -
7. Validated Job Offer -
8. Children –
9. Financial Self Sufficiency –
10. Adaptability (you will earn points here if and only if you attended a selection interview)

Please pour in your opinions.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Find below the points i was referring to;

Employability Cut-off – sum of all factors except factors 8,9 and 10
i. Single (42)
ii. Married (50)

b. Cut-off for preliminary review – sum of all the factors except factor 10
i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)

c. Selection - sum of all factors
i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)

mamuka_kh said:
DONSOFT

Thank you very much.

Improve your French and you will be able to make the cut off. Good luck.

What you mean in "cut off" ?

mamuka_kh

Mar 10, 2011
DONSOFT said:
Find below the points i was referring to;

Employability Cut-off – sum of all factors except factors 8,9 and 10
i. Single (42)
ii. Married (50)

b. Cut-off for preliminary review – sum of all the factors except factor 10
i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)

c. Selection - sum of all factors
i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)
one more question.
English is not my native language, but I studied and graduated my bachelor in English language (English sector). If I will present the proof, how much points I will earn for ENGLISH PROFICIENCY without IELTS (as I know IELTS scores isn't must).

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
mamuka_kh said:
one more question.
English is not my native language, but I studied and graduated my bachelor in English language (English sector). If I will present the proof, how much points I will earn for ENGLISH PROFICIENCY without IELTS (as I know IELTS scores isn't must).
You can score the maximum 6 points as long as you can present a proof from your Institution stating that English was the medium of study.

LiNa2010

Nov 5, 2010
Croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2012
AOR Received.
14/11/2012
egrace62 said:
Important Update
Attn: LAPLATTO et les'autre

in order to ensure faster processing,a new form for the federal process is now out.... all application for PR r'cvid after july 18th 2011, must be in the new form.......
laplatto i hope this infor is not too late for u.
pls check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/apply-application.asp
thanx....but i have one question
is this the same list as FSW list of documents? ???.....I mean this is a lot of documents :eek:
even for CSQ there are less documents to be send
to be honest i didn't even saw this list till now, and I am shocked....

Jul 15, 2011
Hello Donsoft&Quebec2011,

I started to organise my documents relevant to CSQ. I need few more details on the same.

1) i dont have birth certificate(I think birth certificate is mandate for those who born on or after 1989 in India). Do i need to get it now or can i use any of other documents like school certificates,Driving license.etc.

2) I can get a letter from institute for proof of language.But is there any standard template available for the same or i can go with my institute's template.

3) I am working for a company for more than 5 years and still continuing. I think I will not be able to get work experience certificate with my job description mentioned on it.

Can I produce documents like my Offer letter,pay hike letter(even today i got one ;D), communication letter of my redesignation as retail manager ,latest Payslips for 3 months(which contains my date of joining).

Please clarify

As of now, i have these doubts..will come back to you friends if i need more help. :)

Paddy78

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June
Doc's Request.
All Submitted
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
PER 18 Oct
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Second Line updated
Hello still hope,

Any idea on minimum stay required in Quebec. What if, one is not able to get a job in Qubec. Can one move to other states,if a relevant job is available. Is there any official information available somewhere?

thanks

Pradeep

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
quebecaspirant said:

I started to organise my documents relevant to CSQ. I need few more details on the same.

1) i dont have birth certificate(I think birth certificate is mandate for those who born on or after 1989 in India). Do i need to get it now or can i use any of other documents like school certificates,Driving license.etc. - if you were born after 1989, then apply for yours, if not an age declaration from a High Court and maybe attestation of age from population council in your country would do. Of course, you may wish to support it further by including the documents you mentioned as well. The data page of your passport will also be a conclusive proof of your true age.

2) I can get a letter from institute for proof of language.But is there any standard template available for the same or i can go with my institute's template. No, go with whatever they give you provided they stated that English is a requirement for admissions and also the medium of instruction.

3) I am working for a company for more than 5 years and still continuing. I think I will not be able to get work experience certificate with my job description mentioned on it. Why???? Are you claiming points for area of training? If you fail to get that, you can always include your employment letter, new post letter, promotion letters and all others that will help validate your point.

Can I produce documents like my Offer letter,pay hike letter(even today i got one ;D), communication letter of my redesignation as retail manager ,latest Payslips for 3 months(which contains my date of joining). do you mean producing on your own or getting your organisation to produce it?

Please clarify

As of now, i have these doubts..will come back to you friends if i need more help. :) Send them in anytime .... [/color]alll the best

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Technically speaking, you are expected to make Quebec your permananent home and that is the essence of filling IMM 008 (Declaration of intent to reside in Quebec) or so when applying for your PR. This does not mean that you cannot move around Canada, of course you can visit other parts of Canada but you are not expected to reside outside Quebec. You are not expected to move to another province as you were specifically selected by Quebec to work and pay taxes in their province to help in the further development of the province. If for any reason they doubt your intentions to reside in Quebec, the CSQ will not issued to you in the first place. Applying for a CSQ automatically means that you have an intention to stay in Quebec and that is it. The risk of moving to another province is that you may likely have issues obtaining Citizenship when the time comes usually after three years. However, you can move to any other province of your choice once you become a Canadian Citizen.

Find below an excerpt of the message sent to me by one of the well respected immigration lawyers in Canda when i sought an answer to this same question. Try to digest the last sentence in blue;

you will still have the right to something which is called "Freedom of Movement". That right will be available to you upon the first day of your arrival in Canada. All Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to move freely, anywhere they wish within Canada's borders. However, keep in mind that by offering you this immigration program, the government of Quebec is trying very hard to entice you to stay in their province. They want you to have a genuine and sincere interest in the
possibility of making a new future for your family in Quebec. Thus, during the application process, you must have the intention of living in Quebec.
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]After you have landed in Canada, you then have the right to live and work anywhere you wish.[/size][/size][/size]

Paddy78 said:
Hello still hope,

Any idea on minimum stay required in Quebec. What if, one is not able to get a job in Qubec. Can one move to other states,if a relevant job is available. Is there any official information available somewhere?

thanks

Pradeep

Jul 15, 2011

1) i dont have birth certificate(I think birth certificate is mandate for those who born on or after 1989 in India). Do i need to get it now or can i use any of other documents like school certificates,Driving license.etc. if you were born after 1989, then apply for yours, if not an age declaration from a High Court and maybe attestation of age from population council in your country would do. Of course, you may wish to support it further by including the documents you mentioned as well. The data page of your passport will also be a conclusive proof of your true age. ok..will get that
2) I can get a letter from institute for proof of language.But is there any standard template available for the same or i can go with my institute's template. No, go with whatever they give you provided they stated that English is a requirement for admissions and also the medium of instruction.

3) I am working for a company for more than 5 years and still continuing. I think I will not be able to get work experience certificate with my job description mentioned on it. Why? Are you claiming points for area of training? If you fail to get that, you can always include your employment letter, new post letter, promotion letters and all others that will help validate your point.

i dont want my organisation to know my immigration plan at this point of time..it is too early..i dont have any other valid reason to ask for certification mentioning my roles and responsibility.:(
Can I produce documents like my Offer letter,pay hike letter(even today i got one ), communication letter of my redesignation as retail manager ,latest Payslips for 3 months(which contains my date of joining). do you mean producing on your own or getting your organisation to produce it?

No..i meant i already got these documents which is produced by my organisation on different times during these years

Please clarify

As of now, i have these doubts..will come back to you friends if i need more help. Send them in anytime .... [/color]alll the best

Air Canada

Jul 16, 2011
Lahore-Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010 CHC Islamabad
File Transfer...
30 June 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
CSQ interview Nov 2009
Iceberg7 said:
Salut à tous..

J'ai déjà envoyé mon application vers l'ambassade, mais je n'ai réçu point de réponse.

Ne manques pas de patience :)
Salut Iceberg !

c'est un plaisir de voir votre message en français... Vous êtes d'ou? Je suis titulaire de CSQ et habite à Lahore.

A bientôt