+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
geribubaboy said:
Hi Harsha,
Congrats for your first AOR.
You can qualify for the Federal also but don't apply because they are connected. Quebec is a province of Canada, and after you get accepted by Quebec Immigration you also have to be accepted by the federal. I have withdrawn from my first Federal Skilled Process and when I went to the Interview for CSQ the officer asked me why I had withdrawn my application for the federal Skilled Workers. They had that info, because they investigate about you.

Good Luck
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess that makes sense. Should wait then. I feel that since my french is not that great I would have a better chance with Federal than Quebec, but since I have already applied I guess I should wait to know the QSC result before I federal again.

Since myself and my husband are applying for QSC and I am the principal applicant, can he apply under federal skilled worker program as the principal applicant? would that work?

Thanks
Harsha

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
harsha said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess that makes sense. Should wait then. I feel that since my french is not that great I would have a better chance with Federal than Quebec, but since I have already applied I guess I should wait to know the QSC result before I federal again.

Since myself and my husband are applying for QSC and I am the principal applicant, can he apply under federal skilled worker program as the principal applicant? would that work?

Thanks
Harsha
Hi harsha,

I would again say NO to that. You are a family and as such don't risk. You should have thought about that before applying, Now that you have the first AOR it would be better for you to start working on your french so you can succeed.

Again Good Luck to you.

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
geribubaboy said:
Hi harsha,

I would again say NO to that. You are a family and as such don't risk. You should have thought about that before applying, Now that you have the first AOR it would be better for you to start working on your french so you can succeed.

Again Good Luck to you.
Sounds good. Thanks for your advise. I guess waiting is better. Can you please share your timeline for CSQ and skills and interview experience. Also do you have any tips for interview preparation and since I have mentioned basic french in my application, what kind of supporting proof should I have - just learning french myself is enough or should i give some certification?

Thanks once again for all your help.

regards,

Harsha

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
harsha said:
Sounds good. Thanks for your advise. I guess waiting is better. Can you please share your timeline for CSQ and skills and interview experience. Also do you have any tips for interview preparation and since I have mentioned basic french in my application, what kind of supporting proof should I have - just learning french myself is enough or should i give some certification?

Thanks once again for all your help.

regards,

Harsha
My pleasure to help you.
I think that they will ask you to send them a certificate for your french proficiency so if you don't have one I would advice you to take lessons at the french alliance if you have one near you and then take the TEF-aq test. My timelines for CSQ are longer than the others because the VO in Vienne gave me some time to take the french test because I didn't have a certificate either and they also gave me a chance that if I reached B2-B2 in the TEF-aq they would waive my interview but I got B2-B1 so i had to send them the certificate and after that I waited about two months till my interview. So as I told you, You'd better start your french course and prepare for a test.

Regards

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
shootingstar said:
Vipulgarg,
i'm also talking about CILA. Looks like they just want to get us to hurry and use their services...i don't think any quebec rules are changing until this year end...dont u think so?
I doubt Quebec Immigration Laws will be changed this year, because I guess they made some changes recently.
Also, these immigration things are very uncertain. You can't be very sure about any thing. They will make every effort to reduce the fake immigrations.

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
geribubaboy said:
My pleasure to help you.
I think that they will ask you to send them a certificate for your french proficiency so if you don't have one I would advice you to take lessons at the french alliance if you have one near you and then take the TEF-aq test. My timelines for CSQ are longer than the others because the VO in Vienne gave me some time to take the french test because I didn't have a certificate either and they also gave me a chance that if I reached B2-B2 in the TEF-aq they would waive my interview but I got B2-B1 so i had to send them the certificate and after that I waited about two months till my interview. So as I told you, You'd better start your french course and prepare for a test.

Regards
Thanks for the sharing the info geribubaboy.

I need some information on your French certificates. Is Tef-aq test is similar to DELF test. Also, is B2 level is same difficult as DELF B2 course.
Also, how many points you had before they gave you another chance to send certificates?

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
harsha said:
I applied in Feb 2011 & received my First AOR in April 2011 with application date. I haven't received anything after that. How much is the wait these days before I hear anything from the Visa Office. Also is there any number or website where I can check my file status.

I have done my MBA in finance and am a business managment analyst. Basic French & advanced English language skills. No proof for French provided, IELTS submitted for English.

I wanted to check if I could also apply for Federal skilled worker as I barely know any french or should wait for my result on CSQ before I apply for Federal skilled worker?

Thanks,
Harsha
Thanks for the info Harsha. Did you applied from India. I don't think you can track your application. You need to write them for any queries.
Did you sent any french certificates along with application. What is your Bachelors?
Can you please post your points breakup?

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Iceberg, best of luck my frd for your interview :)

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VipulGarg said:
Thanks for the sharing the info geribubaboy.

I need some information on your French certificates. Is Tef-aq test is similar to DELF test. Also, is B2 level is same difficult as DELF B2 course.
Also, how many points you had before they gave you another chance to send certificates?
Hi Vipul,
I am sorry but I don't know if TEF-aq B2 is similar to DELF B2 because I had never done any french course before I did TEF-aq, because as I am really fond of languages, I had learned the basic french autodidact. And about the points before, I had reached them but as their (Quebec) point is to make immigrants learn their official language they try their best to achieve that goal. But in my opinion if you have DELF B2 certificate I don't think that they will ask you to take another test, only if you don't reach the points.

Regards
Good Luck

VipulGarg

Mar 9, 2011
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
geribubaboy said:
Hi Vipul,
I am sorry but I don't know if TEF-aq B2 is similar to DELF B2 because I had never done any french course before I did TEF-aq, because as I am really fond of languages, I had learned the basic french autodidact. And about the points before, I had reached them but as their (Quebec) point is to make immigrants learn their official language they try their best to achieve that goal. But in my opinion if you have DELF B2 certificate I don't think that they will ask you to take another test, only if you don't reach the points.

Regards
Good Luck
Thanks geribuddy. I have not taken any French test till now. I mentioned my French skills as basic in the application form. Including basic French points (2 points), my total is 51 points. I will taking DELF - A1 exam very soon, may be in June. Lets see.

How is TEF-AQ. Is it very difficult? If its not very advance, I may plan to take. How much preparation you need clear TEF-AQ?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
VipulGarg said:
I doubt Quebec Immigration Laws will be changed this year, because I guess they made some changes recently.
Also, these immigration things are very uncertain. You can't be very sure about any thing. They will make every effort to reduce the fake immigrations.
VipulGarg,
yeah..i too feel that these consultants are trying to pressurise us into this. may be things will change, but hopefully not this year :)

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Hello all,

Just a quick question............. Is there anyone who had his/her CSQ Interview in Accra, Ghana before or who is scheduled to have one as I am scheduled for mine next month.

QUEBEC_ASPIRANT

May 21, 2011
mannemv said:
Thank you STILLHOPE for your quick response..

Iam confusing that area of training, what it is?

I applied from USA.. sent documents to Qubec immigration and got the letter yesterday.

Thanks
Vasu
Hi Vasu,
I am Geeta,

We(My husband and I am together) are applying for Quebec PR and recently sent all the documents to below address, (We are living in NY, USA)

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
U.S.A.

But unfortunately they mailed the documents back saying that the address is wrong

After surfing Quebec website found the below address, but we need your confirmation on whether this is the right address or not.

{
Direction de l'immigration économique - Amérique du Nord
Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA
Telephone: 514 873-5760
Fax: 514 864-9221
E-Mail : E-Mail form

}

PLEASE HELP US BY PROVIDING RIGHT ADDRESS OF QUEBEC IMMIGRATION ADDRESS FOR US APPLICANTS.

Thank You.
Please help us on the exact

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello

that is the right address you written below and i am sending you the link for the address again.
good luck

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/reach.html

stillhope

QUEBEC_ASPIRANT said:
Hi Vasu,
I am Geeta,

We(My husband and I am together) are applying for Quebec PR and recently sent all the documents to below address, (We are living in NY, USA)

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
U.S.A.

But unfortunately they mailed the documents back saying that the address is wrong

After surfing Quebec website found the below address, but we need your confirmation on whether this is the right address or not.

{
Direction de l'immigration économique - Amérique du Nord
Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA
Telephone: 514 873-5760
Fax: 514 864-9221
E-Mail : E-Mail form

}

PLEASE HELP US BY PROVIDING RIGHT ADDRESS OF QUEBEC IMMIGRATION ADDRESS FOR US APPLICANTS.

Thank You.
Please help us on the exact

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, can i pay the fee thru credit card? im from philippines and i cant find international banks where i can get international money draft..thanks ;)