[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
OlehD said:
Could you provide me with the information about test of French? It isn't necessary, is it? But what was the reason to demand the test? How much immigration points you had got before you have been passing the test?
hello OlehD,

I have done the TEF-aq which is the test available for Quebec. As far as I know if you apply to immigrate to Quebec as a skilled worker it doesn't matter if you reach or trespass the points as far as I know if you don't have french as your native language they ask you to take the test so they can see what is your french level.
Regards

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shersta said:
BIQ-HK only accepts the following forms of payment:

certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank)
Canada Post money order
bank draft or international money order
@ stillhope
thanks for the info.

@shersta

thanks, which one did you use to pay the fees? since we are both from the philippines i believe.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, i need your help & expertise. im sending my application this coming month with all the posible required documents. I got my self and my wife enrolled in a french language lessons in an agency offering different language lessons. this is the only one available in our place. it is like a tutorial and one on one setup . unlike in alliance francaise which i believe a classroom setup. my concern is that, i got a certificate of enrollment from the agency and the official receipt for the fees i paid for the lessons. is the certificate and receipt from this agency enough to prove that i am learning the french language and can i say now that my application and supporting documents is complete and ready to submit? and may i ask which test should i take as a beginner. or else can you explain which test comes first and second and so on.. until i become confident with the french language. i just have no idea yet about delf dalf tefaq etc.. thanks guys.. ;D

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Re: (No subject)

hello egrace,

Busy with kids and at work that's why not very active.
Hope you will get your good new very soon.
good luck

Stillhope

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
joidiple said:
guys, i need your help & expertise. im sending my application this coming month with all the posible required documents. I got my self and my wife enrolled in a french language lessons in an agency offering different language lessons. this is the only one available in our place. it is like a tutorial and one on one setup . unlike in alliance francaise which i believe a classroom setup. my concern is that, i got a certificate of enrollment from the agency and the official receipt for the fees i paid for the lessons. is the certificate and receipt from this agency enough to prove that i am learning the french language and can i say now that my application and supporting documents is complete and ready to submit? and may i ask which test should i take as a beginner. or else can you explain which test comes first and second and so on.. until i become confident with the french language. i just have no idea yet about delf dalf tefaq etc.. thanks guys.. ;D
Hello, joidiple,
I wish you luck with your application.
Now I would advice you not considering the fees and the certificate of those classes because the immigration office doesn't recognize them. You have to present them a certificate where it is tested your french level and they (as far as I know) have all asked to take a test at the french alliance. You could take eacher Delf of TEF-aq because both can show your level but I guess TEF-aq is better as it is a test available for Quebec.
Regards

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
hi joidiple,

I think you can provide the registration & payment made docs with your application (something is better than nothing ;) ) Its your imperative to show that you are putting in an effort to learn the language with whatever resources available to you.

But since this outfit wont be recognized by biq, its most important that you take any french test and be ready with the scores as proof. For DELF - its A1 that you should look at. I think this one is easily achievable.

You can even buy/download one of the delf a1 books and start practising for it. Its not very hard (if you put in the effort bien sur !)

bonne chance ! 8)

joidiple said:

fobie1

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
NOC Code......
J'sais pas!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2011 + 10-06-2011
Salut! tous le monde,

Sept 13, 2010 - sent my CSQ application from the UK. (Training: legal profession; Experience: non-relevant financial services)
(Royalmail tracking confirmed it was signed for on 20th of Sept)
Deafening silence till Feb 2011. So what did I do?

Called BIQ Paris countless times, and each time they replied my dossier was not in their possession. Sent them emails, filled a couple of web-enquiry forms to no avail. The website had given a time-scale of 20 working days for AoRs!
Jan 2011 - called my bank to confirm the status of my bank draft. It had not been encashed.
Jan 2011 - called BIQ Paris again and they stated my application had not been received. :eek:

Jan 2011 - prepared to start the process from scratch. So I applied for all the relevant documents again. Cancelled my banker's draft and requested a new one.

Well, guess what?
Feb 2 - My dossier was returned citing, 'paiement non inclus'. If receipt/timescales had been confirmed in the first place this would have been avoided, non? :mad:

Feb 4- re-sent dossier with new payment
Er..... no response again for another 2 months. In the meantime, I contacted the complaints centre based in Quebec, and explained that I was not complaining but just needed an update as I had been in the dark for too long. The lady was uber-helpful and efficient, she checked the database and confirmed they had not started working on my file and I could email them for more info, she also advised I be a bit patient. Sent me a mail with BIQ Paris' email address. Lovely lovely lady.

Apr 23 - received request for the 2011 version of 'the contract for financial self-sufficiency' and an 'Accuse de Reception' (that's the AOR, I take it?)
Apr 26 - sent the requested document, and have put the project on my mental back-burner till the BIQ deems it necessary to update me on events.
Meanwhile, steadily compiling the docs needed for the next stage and getting on with the rest of my life. 8)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ fobie1, whao, yours is an interesting case that clearly shows ur resolve to make things work by going d extra-mile. I salute ur courage. I wish u best of luck as u progres in d Quebec journey.

fobie1

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
NOC Code......
J'sais pas!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2011 + 10-06-2011
eGrace,

Mille mercis for your encouragement. There's nothing more discouraging than the absence of feedback.

It shouldn't take too much to say, 'yeah we've got your docs'! I pictured my poor application lying in some dark and dingy alleyway in Paris, with all my lifetime credentials - and the draft, of course - in the hands of less than scrupulous individuals.

I'd thought the first stage (from delivery of file to AoR would take just 20 days).

Well, there you are. Like they say, 'patience is indeed a virtue' ::)

Trust you're making some headway with yours too?

All the best, everyone :)

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011

egrace62 said:
@ fobie1, whao, yours is an interesting case that clearly shows ur resolve to make things work by going d extra-mile. I salute ur courage. I wish u best of luck as u progres in d Quebec journey.
hey egrace, no medicals for you yet? have you tried contacting them to see whats going on? why is it taking so long?

my status changed to in process on the 17th but nothing in the mail just yet.

Am going! going!

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 - 07-2011
Doc's Request.
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2012
Interview........
01-06-2012
Bonjour Fobie1,

am in the UK aswell will be submitting my application to Paris next month, your experience there's got me thinking, thought they were one of the most efficient offices if not the most or well....

What's the level of your french proficiency by the way?

fobie1

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
NOC Code......
J'sais pas!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2011 + 10-06-2011
@I'm goingx2,

It's not as though they're ineff', just that they have some ranking method as to the order of files to attend to. Your main concern should be submitting your initial applic' ASAP, so you can wait on the AoR at your leisure. I'm in the UK on a work permit, so for me time is very much of the essence.

I got a DELF A2 certificate in '08, but I'm constantly updating my connaissance de francais. I listen to french radio, and music regularly and watch some french soaps to get a feel for expressions, etc. Dropping by Paris from time to time also helps build the confidence to converse naturally in french.

If you've got all your docs together, review them against the checklist and just pop them into the post. If they need anything more, BIQ would get back to you when they can be bothered to.

Fret not, ay, it will turn out all right in the loooooooooooooong run.
;)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ wINGS, I Still av not gotten my MR am stil expecting. CONGRAtulatns for the change in status to IN-PROCESS.but what details do u see on display after click on the IN-PROCESS? DOES it state d date they started processing ur file?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
seems i still av along wait ahead. my visa office has just stated that the processing time for Quebec Applicants to their office has been increased from 6months to 9months.uuuh :eek:. so my file is
now 6months and 12days old in their office :-\