25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011
Mansoor,

Once you get your file number maybe it would be a good idea to update your Biq about your current level with the supporting doc.
I think it could help you get the interview.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ monsoor, u ought not to av tick zero for french since u plan taking classes & even writing an exam. BIQ only ask applicants to submit french attestatn that's proportional with what each applicant had ticked out on d form. But since u tickd zero it implies that they shld not ask u french attestatn. Unless of course u score sufficienly high on other criterias & ur AOT falls under priority list ur APPLicatn stand d risk of rejection @ d review stage. But if while submiting u had included a cover letter explain ur action & ur plan to sit an exam that can b enough saving grace 2 excape rjectn. My advice is that u leave Ur BIQ To worry about what they are gonna do while u keep at ur french so that u will av ur result handy whenever they come calling

snow

Apr 12, 2011
What will I put on the form for french proficiency if I will aim for delf b2?
Do you think I can achieve that by the time I'll be called for an interview?
And considering upon submitting my application, I will just include an enrollment certificate for french classes.
Would that be ok? Stating it for delf b2 where in fact I'm still taking classes?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
@Snow,

if you hav just started learning french then put level 2 or 3, so by the time your interview comes you will definitely be at tht level. if however you go beyond the mentioned level, dont worry you can always send the supporting doc to tell them the your french level has improved to such and such level.

Hope this helps .

Shahi

Rach_D

Apr 20, 2011
Dear all,

Let me just say that I have been considering immigrating to Quebec along with my spouse and it has been this thread that I came across that has motivated and inspired me enough to start my application process. I am truly amazed at all of your dedication to help others who are in the same situation that you were all in a year or more ago so HURRAY! to that :)

I have a couple of questions about the application process and I hope you would be able to give me an answer:
1. My spouse and me currently reside in the US on H-1b, H-4 respectively. Based on this, where do we need to send our CSQ application?
2. My spouse studied French for 2 years as part of his school curriculum. He has a very basic knowledge, but would be now enrolling in beginner French classes in June to refresh his conversational skills as he is not very confident. I have 0 French knowledge and I too would be enrolling in French classes along with him. Based on this, what should I put down as his and my French proficiency level when filling out the CSQ application?
3. Finally, I am currently pursuing a graduate level degree which I would be completing next year. Based on this should I attach transcripts of the courses I have completed?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Dear Seniors,

Thanx alot for your usual support...

Mansoor

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ Rach_D, welcome on board.(1) if u av resided in the U.S for a minimum of 1yr on those visas, u will av to apply to the BIQ office covering the U.S ( Montréal i think) (2) fill-out the french level that u will b able to provide documentary evidence for/cope with @ d exam. BIQ will demand for ur Prove of french proficiency based on the level u indicated in ur form. (3) d Quebec grading scale is tailored around completed yrs of schooling. Although some people apply b4 completn of their course but more often such applicatn are usually delayd till d applicant finishes his/ her program.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Hii Friends,

I have got a LOT of support from you guys and I my process has started. I am collecting the documents needed :) . and my application should be ready in 3 weeks time!!! Hurray!!!

I have a question for my friend:

One of my friends is also applying to this quebec program(I told him about it). But, they had a problem when filling the form. The wife has done electronics and telecommunication degree but this degree is not mentioned anywhere in the Quebec occupations list. So how many points will they get for this? the husband's degree is computer science and engineering..so that is 4 points I believe..nowhere is a electronics degree mentioned.....so what can we put on the form?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Rach_D said:
Dear all,

Let me just say that I have been considering immigrating to Quebec along with my spouse and it has been this thread that I came across that has motivated and inspired me enough to start my application process. I am truly amazed at all of your dedication to help others who are in the same situation that you were all in a year or more ago so HURRAY! to that :)

I have a couple of questions about the application process and I hope you would be able to give me an answer:
1. My spouse and me currently reside in the US on H-1b, H-4 respectively. Based on this, where do we need to send our CSQ application?
2. My spouse studied French for 2 years as part of his school curriculum. He has a very basic knowledge, but would be now enrolling in beginner French classes in June to refresh his conversational skills as he is not very confident. I have 0 French knowledge and I too would be enrolling in French classes along with him. Based on this, what should I put down as his and my French proficiency level when filling out the CSQ application?
3. Finally, I am currently pursuing a graduate level degree which I would be completing next year. Based on this should I attach transcripts of the courses I have completed? I think you need to send your registration/enrolemnt documents..yes, if you have transcripts you can send it.Thank you in advance for your time and help!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013

egrace62 said:
@ Rach_D, welcome on board.(1) if u av resided in the U.S for a minimum of 1yr on those visas, u will av to apply to the BIQ office covering the U.S ( Montréal i think)
egrace, I have a question here - is the montreal office that we need to send the application? My city does have a Canada immigration office . I am in US too.....so I also have this doubt.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ shootingstar, the ministre des immigration et culturale communaute (MICC) maintains a seperate office (BIQ) which's different 4rm canadian visa office. Go to quebec site & check d BiQ office that will b responsible to treating ur file based on ur country of residence. If u av not spend up to a year in ur current country of residence then u will av to submit to d BiQ covering ur country of birth

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
hello guys,

I have a question. I have been thinking of filing equivalency of my degrees!!... the cost is around 350$ i guess!!... Is this helpful in quebec to secure a job??..please help!!

Shahi

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013

egrace62 said:
@ shootingstar, the ministre des immigration et culturale communaute (MICC) maintains a seperate office (BIQ) which's different 4rm canadian visa office. Go to quebec site & check d BiQ office that will b responsible to treating ur file based on ur country of residence. If u av not spend up to a year in ur current country of residence then u will av to submit to d BiQ covering ur country of birth
ok, got it now. THANK YOU :)I thought we need to send the application to my US office itself.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Shahi said:
hello guys,

ZI have a question. I have been thinking of filing equivalency of my degrees!!... the cost is around 350$ i guess!!... Is this helpful in quebec to secure a job??..please help!!

Shahi
Shahi,
do you mean using evaluation agencies like this http://www.wes.org/ca/ ?

These agencies just convert your education as per CA standards and give it to you..yes, it might be helpful but 350$ for that is little expensive...do some more research before you pay the money :)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ shahi, if ur AOT falls under regulated profession, then focus on aw to get ur accredication as that is d only thing employers care about. But if ur AOT Is not regulated, u may wish to opt 4d equivalency stuff although not doing it wont affect u. Equivalency is majorly useful when u want excemptn 4rm some courses during M.sc or P.hd.