03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Hi,
Thank you so much quebec2011. My wife is the main applicant and she has a MSc in financial management. I am not so sure whether it is in the preferred list. I was indeed very lucky both for the CSQ application and the federal part. I was not expecting tht it will take 11 months overall with 3 mth delay on my behalf. May be bcoz of other criteria such as french level (my wife is fluent in french), we both had MSc, and we also have a 3 yrs old daughter.
Regards
Shahzad

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
That's great. You made it and it is our time now to prove ourselves. just pray for us . Hope to get called for interview in 1 or 2 months. I am just waiting for it.

Best of luck

new2can

Sep 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
chibiks said:
@ egrace62
Montreal is handling my csq file but it now takes 1 year from montreal to process csq file making it arguably the slowest processing office for non-priority candidates. Applied April 2010 ending, first AOR received july 2010; they said it takes about 8 months from first AOR to receive interview call when I called their office to find out status so I am expecting to hear from them this month or next. But I have learnt my lesson, will not submit federal to buffalo, running back to ACCRA!!!

Also I can tell you that Quebec is a very nice province, with a vast land mass actually representing 20% of the Canadian economy. Also the Government has a lot of free french programs for immigrants; One friend was receiving about $600-$700 or soo per month to study french full time. The biggest favor we can do ourselves is actually to become at least B2 fluent at landing time as that will make getting a job way easy as its very difficult to get a job without french.

egrace if you are in Canada, you could go to Quebec city for for like 1 month immersion, if in europe, 1-3 month immersion in lyon or marseille will do, if in africa, 1 - 3 months immersion in cotonou, senegal or any french speaking african country will do wonders for ur french!
I sent my docs to Montreal in the last week of Dec 2010, i am still waiting for AOR. Havent heard anything so for. As per your timeline, looks like it takes 3 months to get AOR from the submission date.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi,
Thank you so much quebec2011. My wife is the main applicant and she has a MSc in financial management. I am not so sure whether it is in the preferred list. I was indeed very lucky both for the CSQ application and the federal part. I was not expecting tht it will take 11 months overall with 3 mth delay on my behalf. May be bcoz of other criteria such as french level (my wife is fluent in french), we both had MSc, and we also have a 3 yrs old daughter.
Regards
Shahzad

Shahzad...congrats man ;D!!... wonderful timelines...i think ur case will inspire a lot of ppl.... enjoy the day...n keep us all updated as to the initial experiences u ll have in quebec..!!

Good luck

Shahi

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saga said:
Dear All,

Happy to share my experience with you. I would also like to check if anyone has more details on processing times of the Abu Dhabi office. Here's my case:

Application Date to Quebec: November 2009
CSQ received: January 2010
Federal application: August 2010
Immigration file number issued: September 2010
IMM5549: September 2010

I am still waiting for the next step which I presume would be the medical test. Can someone share his/her experience in the processing times from submission of the IMM5549 till medical test and then till immigration visa issuance?

So looking forward for Canada.
This is quite strange in that ur federal application seems to enjoy great speed and all of a sudden it kind of went to sleep. i will like to suggest the following and ask the following
1) send a case specific enquiry to them demanding the status of ur application.
2) Order for ur CAIPS note as this will give u a detailed information an reason for delay.
3) what is the present status of ur e-cas?
4) is ur application 2ru sponsorship.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
chibiks said:
@ egrace62
Montreal is handling my csq file but it now takes 1 year from montreal to process csq file making it arguably the slowest processing office for non-priority candidates. Applied April 2010 ending, first AOR received july 2010; they said it takes about 8 months from first AOR to receive interview call when I called their office to find out status so I am expecting to hear from them this month or next. But I have learnt my lesson, will not submit federal to buffalo, running back to ACCRA!!!

Also I can tell you that Quebec is a very nice province, with a vast land mass actually representing 20% of the Canadian economy. Also the Government has a lot of free french programs for immigrants; One friend was receiving about $600-$700 or soo per month to study french full time. The biggest favor we can do ourselves is actually to become at least B2 fluent at landing time as that will make getting a job way easy as its very difficult to get a job without french.

egrace if you are in Canada, you could go to Quebec city for for like 1 month immersion, if in europe, 1-3 month immersion in lyon or marseille will do, if in africa, 1 - 3 months immersion in cotonou, senegal or any french speaking african country will do wonders for ur french!
Good work here Chibiks. more of it pls.
Montreal used to b very fast with their files, am suprised to knw now that fastness is now alien to them ( Perhaps they felt since u guys are already there, they need not hurry ;D. i once planned going to cotonou for to spend some time there but for my job. After getting my PRV i sure will visit cos i now av friends there now. pls more of this wonderful info

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi everyone,
I got my visa today. I went in person at around 9.00am. Submitted everythng (Landing fees, photos and passports) at 9.30am. They told me to come n get the landing papers and passports at 11 am. On my landing papers, its written destination "Montreal", however now i want to go to Hull. So the best option for me is to land at Ottawa. Will tht be an issue?
I also want to thank u guys for the support and guidance and wish u guys all the bests.
Regards
Shahzad
Congrats. dream come true n'est pas?
pls note that there will be lot f issues if u should land in Ottawa. just as FSW applicant are not allowed to land In Quebec so also QSW applicants are not allowed to land anywhere else except Quebec. tis Teeth for Tat bro :D

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
egrace62 said:
Congrats. dream come true n'est pas?
pls note that there will be lot f issues if u should land in Ottawa. just as FSW applicant are not allowed to land In Quebec so also QSW applicants are not allowed to land anywhere else except Quebec. tis Teeth for Tat bro :D
Hello E-grace...i somewhat disagree... yes FSW cannot land in Quebec..but quebec ppl can land anywhere in canada..provided they have proof that they will continue their journey to Quebec!!... i once read Qorax say this... so we might confirm on this!!

Cheers guys

Shahi

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Hi guys,
I am very confused about the port of entry. Will really appreciate if someone can help me out on this issue. Well, on my landing papers, its written Montreal as destination. However, i want to stay in Hull and Ottawa is the easiest port of entry (Just 15 mins drive from Hull). I can land in Montreal and travel to Hull the same day but with a 3 yrs old kid, its a bit difficult especially after 26-30 travelling time. Staying in Montreal for 1-2 days before travelling to Hull will cost me alot... I have to written to BIQ Hongkong about this matter hoping tht they can advise me. Do u guys know who else i should write about this? I am planning to travel on 8th May 2011.
Regards
Shahzad

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Hi Egrace62,

Please give me ur valuable input in my case.. i sent my papers and received their office on 3 Nov. 2010. since then i didnt get any information from them. i sent them some emails but no reply. my visa office is Paris.
Tell me wot should i do i tried to call but answering machine is not giving any help... should i wait or any other way to access them to inquire...

plz help me...
Mansoor

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Dear all,

Can you help concerning the waiting times to expect on my case? I already received the CSQ and sent the IMM5549 in September 2010. I am still waiting for a reply from the Canadian authorities.
My status on the tracker is IN PROGRESS but don't know at what stage it is. Can you please help?

Cheers

peso

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys

any news from honk Kong for September applicant for csq, if interview or any info thanks

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
Mine is 2nd week of October but still no news I think you should get a good news next month.

Is there anybody with file number of August, September or possibly October 2010 who has recieved the date of his/her interview from BIQ HK?

Baiyang

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept, 2015 (RPRFee)
AOR Received.
March, 2015
File Transfer...
March, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront Dec 2014
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2015
LANDED..........
03-12-2015
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi everyone,
I got my visa today. I went in person at around 9.00am. Submitted everythng (Landing fees, photos and passports) at 9.30am. They told me to come n get the landing papers and passports at 11 am. On my landing papers, its written destination "Montreal", however now i want to go to Hull. So the best option for me is to land at Ottawa. Will tht be an issue?
I also want to thank u guys for the support and guidance and wish u guys all the bests.
Regards
Shahzad
Plz see the relevant post by Qorax on the link below
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi guys,
I am very confused about the port of entry. Will really appreciate if someone can help me out on this issue. Well, on my landing papers, its written Montreal as destination. However, i want to stay in Hull and Ottawa is the easiest port of entry (Just 15 mins drive from Hull). I can land in Montreal and travel to Hull the same day but with a 3 yrs old kid, its a bit difficult especially after 26-30 travelling time. Staying in Montreal for 1-2 days before travelling to Hull will cost me alot... I have to written to BIQ Hongkong about this matter hoping tht they can advise me. Do u guys know who else i should write about this? I am planning to travel on 8th May 2011.
Regards
Shahzad
a
Shahi said:
Hello E-grace...i somewhat disagree... yes FSW cannot land in Quebec..but quebec ppl can land anywhere in canada..provided they have proof that they will continue their journey to Quebec!!... i once read Qorax say this... so we might confirm on this!!

Cheers guys

Shahi
well as u already knw., getting reply from BIQ is always a foreever kind-of story cos u only knw when u send d enquiry and u never will knw when u are gonna get reply. i still knw that u will still need to meet with Quebec officials in Montreal ( with all those who landed with u). i wish to suggest that u send BEAUHOE a PM ( Beauhoe is a regular on the thread: You are a quebec selected Applicant). He is a PR card holder, he has two jobs ( one in Quebec and d other in Ottawa), and he stays in HULL. I believe he is in a good position to advice.