+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
hellgate said:
Hi, I am Electrical and Electronics Engineer and WES evaluated me as Bachelor Degree. I am going to apply April Intake. However in online evaluation program if I select Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineer, the system found me eligible but if I select only Electrical Engineer than it says ineligible because of the requirement of governing regulatory body. How is system working? As far as I know, I have to pay the fee during my application but what if they will say that I am Electrical Engineer and find me ineligible. Are they going to give back the fee ? Please help about the process.
Its better to consult with an immigration lawyer.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Amrinderghumann said:
Hello everyone
June 2016 applicant I have problem with name.My paspprt have full name with surname like Amrinder Singh Ghuman as ghuman added in surname section but my all other docs have only given name say Amrinder Singh .Will it create any problem in csq process. Or i have to tell quebec that both are name of same person . Please solve if anyone knows abt it
Thanx
Hi Amrinder

I think you can provide them an affidavit stating that both the names belongs to the same person which is you.

Moreover you can consult the same with any of the immigration lawyer.

HASB

Jun 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello All,

Could anyone tell me how much time the ministry takes to reply back to a formal letter in regards to discontinuation of an immigration consultant?

I sent them a letter attached with a form on January 18th. so far I have not heard back from them on the topic. In that letter I requested them to cancel the power of attorney given to them by me and communicate directly with me.

Please share (if) Any personal experience

Thanks in Advance!

Quebecon

Jan 15, 2015
Hello all!

Am extremely proud and happy to let you know that I got my visa intimation a few weeks back and just received my passport today with the canadian quebec visa on it. Tentative take off date is sometime mid-june. However, I am not going for the long haul as I need to give some academic exams here so i plan to return to my home country as soon as i get my Permanent Residence Card. Does anyone know how long it takes to get PR card after landing in Quebec and is there a way to apply for it on urgent basis?

Ragheb

Feb 3, 2017
Ragheb said:
Hello everyone
May I have answers about my file status
I applied to Quebec on 03/2014 I received file number on 7/2014 I submitted IELTS exam result on 08/2014 and then on 08/2016 I received a request for update that were normal documents , sign declaration letter and update of my resident visa , and since that date I haven't recieved any update I asked my lawyer who said that I have to wait
My calculated points were 61 with wife and daughter and in my application I didnt claim any points in French , now what shall I expect ? Interview or rejection or CSQ many people said that French language is not required if your points are over than 57 is this right
Please advise what can I do

Remercier
Hello guys
I sent this request for help week ago abd no one even try to answer

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Ragheb said:
Hello guys
I sent this request for help week ago abd no one even try to answer
I submitted my CSQ application without French and English test results and I got CSQ. All MIDI cares about is if your passing their cutoff or not.

HASB

Jun 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
APPNOV2014NY said:
I submitted my CSQ application without French and English test results and I got CSQ. All MIDI cares about is if your passing their cutoff or not.
What's their cutoff mean or based upon? Points or some other factors as well?
Please elaborate appnov2014ny

HASB

Jun 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
APPNOV2014NY said:
49 points for single
57 points for family
Well,

Thanks for sharing APPNOV2014NY

I'm wondering what happened with me:

I applied in 2012 (received my file no. in July 2012)
received intent to reject in October 2014, replied back with documents and proofs which they asked for.
After that Radio Silence..
I have 57+

Any Idea what should I do? (I've contacted MIDI over the phone couple of times recently and they say no updates yet.)

Nicolasquebec

Feb 14, 2017
Hi,

I have a question and have not find answer anywhere, I hope someone can help me here. I passed my application in january 2016. At that moment I had B1 in the TCFQ. Last exam i got a B2 in listening but B1 in oral expression. Does anyone know if I can present in the next exam only the competence that I have in B1. I have seen in the frequent asked questions in MIDI that they only checked the last exam but it is possible to suscribe to only one competence in the TCFQ. If anyone know something please answer.

Thanks!!!

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Quebecon said:
Hello all!

Am extremely proud and happy to let you know that I got my visa intimation a few weeks back and just received my passport today with the canadian quebec visa on it. Tentative take off date is sometime mid-june. However, I am not going for the long haul as I need to give some academic exams here so i plan to return to my home country as soon as i get my Permanent Residence Card. Does anyone know how long it takes to get PR card after landing in Quebec and is there a way to apply for it on urgent basis?
Hi Quebecon

Congratulations and I wish you a very good luck with your Studies and with the new Life waiting for you in Quebec.
Well the processing time is estimated to be 49 Days as per CIC Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

there is an option for Urgent processing of a permanent resident card as per CIC site too: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

I hope it can help

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
HASB said:
Well,

Thanks for sharing APPNOV2014NY

I'm wondering what happened with me:

I applied in 2012 (received my file no. in July 2012)
received intent to reject in October 2014, replied back with documents and proofs which they asked for.
After that Radio Silence..
I have 57+

Any Idea what should I do? (I've contacted MIDI over the phone couple of times recently and they say no updates yet.)
There is no other way to get the status of the application. Just keep calling them after some days and hopefully you'll surely achieve the csq one at dear.

All the best

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Quebecon said:
Hello all!

My brother got his PR card after 2 and half month, usually they issue within 1-3 months.

HASB

Jun 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
sunnymks said:
There is no other way to get the status of the application. Just keep calling them after some days and hopefully you'll surely achieve the csq one at dear.

All the best
Thanks SUNNYMKS!

HASB

Jun 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nicolasquebec said:
Hi,

I have a question and have not find answer anywhere, I hope someone can help me here. I passed my application in january 2016. At that moment I had B1 in the TCFQ. Last exam i got a B2 in listening but B1 in oral expression. Does anyone know if I can present in the next exam only the competence that I have in B1. I have seen in the frequent asked questions in MIDI that they only checked the last exam but it is possible to suscribe to only one competence in the TCFQ. If anyone know something please answer.

Thanks!!!
Hi Nicholasquebec,

I also hit a similar scenario couple of years back, I also wanted to know if I can pick one module on the TCFQ - I did it from Alliance Francaise - they told me I'd have to give the complete test again and I can't pick one module (which is speaking and listening).
You can check with the the body that provides TCFQ Certification in your country.

regards