07-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2015
mohanad999 said:
Hello All,

I've two questions:

1. I'm working in Bahrain and my embassy refused to provided certified copies of my education certificate and transcript. So, can I send the original ?

2. Here in Bahrain there's no tax or social contribution for us as expat. So, what to do in this case?

Best regards,
Mohanad.
1. If you submit the original, you cannot be sure that it will be returned to you. I would prefer to submit the documents in the required format stated in the checklist, in this case, a Certified True Copy. Please note that even if your embassy certified your educational certificates, the Immigration will not accept it. Your educational certificates should be certified by the school/university.

2. I am working in the GCC region. In my case, I only provided a declaration of NO INCOME TAX explaining that there are no personal taxes and social security contributions applicable to expatriates in the country.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Missionquebec said:
Please careful while authenticating your educational documents. You must follow the Quebec procedure; otherwise they will reject your application. As I know, embassy authentication is not valid. Anyhow, make sure of it.
Hello Missionquebec,

I obtained my MSc from the UK and am back home. We have the British Council in my country instead, no BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION.

So I've had my degree certified by the British Council instead.

Is that going to cause any problems??

Also, do I need to certify my secondary school certificates??

Thanks in advance

ak-pdl

May 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for Quebec Immigration and I am new to this process. I would like to ask some questions:

1) Can I apply now or CAP has become full? It would take 15 days to complete my application.

2) I don't understand what does the following mean?

"To apply as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must:

have received a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec) from the Quebec government and
apply to CIC for permanent residence."

3)Lastly, is french necessary for QSW?

I would be really grateful if anyone answers my queries.

Thanks and Best Regards

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
ak-pdl said:
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for Quebec Immigration and I am new to this process. I would like to ask some questions:

1) Can I apply now or CAP has become full? It would take 15 days to complete my application.

2) I don't understand what does the following mean?

"To apply as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must:

have received a certificate of selection (Certificat de sélection du Québec) from the Quebec government and
apply to CIC for permanent residence."

3)Lastly, is french necessary for QSW?

I would be really grateful if anyone answers my queries.

Thanks and Best Regards
The CAP for 3500 paper applications has been met.

Online application for 2800 remaining places begins January 18th, 2016.

French is not a must.

That's all I can offer...

Good Luck

ak-pdl

May 22, 2014
The CAP for 3500 paper applications has been met.

Online application for 2800 remaining places begins January 18th, 2016.

French is not a must.

That's all I can offer...

Good Luck
[/quote]

Thanks for your quick response.

How many more applications will they accept? What is the maximum CAP limit?

and what does this mean?
To apply as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must:

apply to CIC for permanent residence.

ak-pdl

May 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I would like to know answers of my following questions:

and what does this mean?

Thanks and Regards

khanhngd24

Nov 2, 2015
Can anyone please explain the meaning of this sentence from quebec immigration website: "If you are a temporary resident and entitled to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec, you can submit anytime before dec 31st."
Does it mean if you are in Quebec as a temporary resident (can be a student, a worker or a tourist), and you are qualified then you can submit the qsw application before dec 31st?
Or
If you are in Quebec as a temporary resident, and you are allowed to submit then you can submit at anytime before dec 31st?

Please someone with experience clarify this for me?

Thank you.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak-pdl said:
Hello everyone,

I would like to know answers of my following questions:

Quebec will accept 2800 applications from January 18th 2016, via the new online tool which has not yet launched

and what does this mean?

It means you are reading the CIC website, & should go read the Immigration Quebec website first. Immigration to Quebec is a different procedure/under different rules.
Thanks and Regards
Start here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

Then read links in my sig

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Missionquebec said:
Hi,

Thank you. As I know, if I validate my PR then I need to stay 2 years among 5 years to keep the PR, right? Also, that 2 years means 730 days, I understand that it does not have to be continuous. For the next 2 to 3 years I can not do that, so I would like to delay everything as much as I can.

Regarding spouse, thank you for clarifying temporary visa extension question. By the way, once I get PR then I can sponsor her PR directly instead of applying CSQ, is that okay? I do not think she will have enough points to get CSQ as a single applicant ( I think they evaluate based on the rule functions in that year), so I feel direct PR sponsor would be a right choice. Please share your opinion.
Thank you
Once you have landed as a PR you can sponsor your wife. This comes under "Family sponsorship", not QSW, so no, the points are not required.

As a PR, to sponsor your wife, you will need to be resident in Canada during the sponsorship period.

The info is all here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/index.html

gnole

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney N.S
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
Med's Request
10-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Hi, it will be my first message.
I applied CSQ on 3th of June 2015 and Recently I received a mail form Immigration, Diversite et Inclusion Quebec about my CSQ application. They are asking some additional documents. One of them is from the AA-1520 form, the “Work experience acquired as an employee over the past five years” section, 22th question (Proof of legalty of your work experience).
Here is the full text.

EXPÉRIENCE PROFESSIONNELLE ACQUISE À TITRE D'EMPLOYÉ OU EMPLOYÉE au cours des cinq années précédant le dépôt de votre demande de certificat de sélection
22. Original ou copie certifiée conforme des preuves de légalité de l’expérience professionnelle acquise au cours des cinq années précédant le dépôt de votre demande de certificat de sélection
Il doit s’agir de preuves de cotisations sociales ou d’avis de cotisation à l’impôt sur le revenu. S’il vous est impossible d’obtenir l’une de ces preuves, vous devez fournir l’original ou la copie certifiée conforme d’une preuve d’exonération du paiement des primes de sécurité sociale délivrée par une autorité gouvernementale (qui n'est pas votre employeur).
Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale 
Original de la traduction des preuves fournies ci-dessus
Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale  
Attention !
Quel que soit le secteur d’activité dans lequel vous travaillez (privé, public, parapublic, etc.), vous devez présenter une preuve de légalité de votre expérience professionnelle.
Tous les documents attestant la légalité de l’expérience professionnelle doivent être délivrés par une autorité gouvernementale. Les documents émis par un employeur ou un comptable ne sont pas acceptés.
L’avis de cotisation à l’impôt sur le revenu est un document officiel délivré par les autorités fiscales qui confirme la réception de la déclaration fiscale et l’évaluation des informations soumises.
Voici quelques exemples de documents qui ne sont pas acceptés à titre de preuve de légalité :
- les déclarations de revenu ;
- les accusés de réception des déclarations de revenu ;
- les cartes d’immatriculation à un organisme de sécurité sociale ;
- les cartes d’immatriculation fiscale ;
- les fiches de paie.

I worked for 10 years (2004-2014) as a Research Assistant in an University in Turkey and till 2013 I am working as a Postdoc in McGill University.

For McGill work experience I have my T4A and RL-1 forms for 2013 and 2014 from my McGill employee web page. Has anyone an idea about that, will the print outs of this document be enough or do I need to contact with Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec for these document?

For my work experience in Turkey, what kind of documents do you thing I will need.
I am going to ask a document from " Republic of Turkey Social Security Institution" (which I was already send this document with a proper translation, however I think because it was a e-document and because I forgot to certify it from the Turkish Embassy they dont accept this document and ask again) with a signature this time and another document (if possible of course) from the "Revenue Administration of Turkey.

Ozzy

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
silasnjita said:
Hello Missionquebec,

I obtained my MSc from the UK and am back home. We have the British Council in my country instead, no BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION.

So I've had my degree certified by the British Council instead.

Is that going to cause any problems??

Also, do I need to certify my secondary school certificates??

Thanks in advance
Quebec may (won't) not allow embassy authentication for academic documents. However, it may differ based on your country. Please check in this link
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/list-authorities.html#other

All copies must be certified. Sometimes they request you to submit the certified documents, so no worries. However, you must follow the exact protocol if they requested for it.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Once you have landed as a PR you can sponsor your wife. This comes under "Family sponsorship", not QSW, so no, the points are not required.

As a PR, to sponsor your wife, you will need to be resident in Canada during the sponsorship period.

The info is all here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/index.html
Thank you very much for your reply.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
gnole said:
Hi, it will be my first message.
I applied CSQ on 3th of June 2015 and Recently I received a mail form Immigration, Diversite et Inclusion Quebec about my CSQ application. They are asking some additional documents. One of them is from the AA-1520 form, the “Work experience acquired as an employee over the past five years” section, 22th question (Proof of legalty of your work experience).
Here is the full text.

EXPÉRIENCE PROFESSIONNELLE ACQUISE À TITRE D'EMPLOYÉ OU EMPLOYÉE au cours des cinq années précédant le dépôt de votre demande de certificat de sélection
22. Original ou copie certifiée conforme des preuves de légalité de l’expérience professionnelle acquise au cours des cinq années précédant le dépôt de votre demande de certificat de sélection
Il doit s’agir de preuves de cotisations sociales ou d’avis de cotisation à l’impôt sur le revenu. S’il vous est impossible d’obtenir l’une de ces preuves, vous devez fournir l’original ou la copie certifiée conforme d’une preuve d’exonération du paiement des primes de sécurité sociale délivrée par une autorité gouvernementale (qui n'est pas votre employeur).
Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale 
Original de la traduction des preuves fournies ci-dessus
Pour : Requérant principal ou requérante principale  
Attention !
Quel que soit le secteur d’activité dans lequel vous travaillez (privé, public, parapublic, etc.), vous devez présenter une preuve de légalité de votre expérience professionnelle.
Tous les documents attestant la légalité de l’expérience professionnelle doivent être délivrés par une autorité gouvernementale. Les documents émis par un employeur ou un comptable ne sont pas acceptés.
L’avis de cotisation à l’impôt sur le revenu est un document officiel délivré par les autorités fiscales qui confirme la réception de la déclaration fiscale et l’évaluation des informations soumises.
Voici quelques exemples de documents qui ne sont pas acceptés à titre de preuve de légalité :
- les déclarations de revenu ;
- les accusés de réception des déclarations de revenu ;
- les cartes d’immatriculation à un organisme de sécurité sociale ;
- les cartes d’immatriculation fiscale ;
- les fiches de paie.

I worked for 10 years (2004-2014) as a Research Assistant in an University in Turkey and till 2013 I am working as a Postdoc in McGill University.

For McGill work experience I have my T4A and RL-1 forms for 2013 and 2014 from my McGill employee web page. Has anyone an idea about that, will the print outs of this document be enough or do I need to contact with Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec for these document?

For my work experience in Turkey, what kind of documents do you thing I will need.
I am going to ask a document from " Republic of Turkey Social Security Institution" (which I was already send this document with a proper translation, however I think because it was a e-document and because I forgot to certify it from the Turkish Embassy they dont accept this document and ask again) with a signature this time and another document (if possible of course) from the "Revenue Administration of Turkey.

Ozzy
Based on my experience, I would suggest you to submit the social contribution certificate or your original tax statement certificates. I did in this way and during CSQ interview they asked the evidence for my employment and I indicated that I have already submitted my original tax statement certificate along with my experience certificate.

Please carefully handle the extra document request from immigration office because they want you to follow the exact protocol.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Missionquebec said:
Quebec may (won't) not allow embassy authentication for academic documents. However, it may differ based on your country. Please check in this link
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/list-authorities.html#other

All copies must be certified. Sometimes they request you to submit the certified documents, so no worries. However, you must follow the exact protocol if they requested for it.
Thanks for the information.

On their website it states that,

''Copies certified as true by the embassies and consulates of the countries or territories that issued the original document are accepted.''

But in my case, we only have the BRITISH COUNCIL no High Commission or Embassy. The British embassy was moved to Ghana many years back.

So I've had it done by the British Council.

yulia_uk

Nov 18, 2015
Hey folks,

I am in a very weird situation. I applied for CSQ in Paris at the beginning of October, 2015. The reason for that was to get a work permit in Quebec. I never received any confirmation, nothing at all form Paris. A week ago I figured out that I don't need CSQ at all as I will do an academic job. So I decided to withdraw my application. That's where fun starts!!! I found the phone number of the service of Quebec immigration in Paris, which is +33 153 93 45 45. I tried to call but it sounds like the number is not existent. Ok! I tried to write an e-mail to them (biq.paris@mri.gouv.qc.ca) but my message was returned back with an error message. I e-mailed to the central office in Quebec explaining that I can't reach Paris office but they said they couldn't help and I had to contact Canadian embassy of my country of residence. I e-mailed to London today and got an automatic e-mail saying that they will reply me in 28 days!!!!!!!!! Did anybody encounter such a situation? How can I reach BIQ! How can I withdraw my application?

Thanks a lot.

Yulia