+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

SHAISHMA

Sep 30, 2015
Dear Experts,

I have received 'Votre demande de certificat de sélection du Québec‏' letter from Quebec authorities, assessed on August 19, 2015. Need some clarification and guidance on total points required.

Overall I have scored 58 points as of now. However, under employability criteria I have 49 points, short by 1 against 50 points. Authorities have given me time till November 17th to revert with any additional documents which can help me to cover this shortfall. Currently, I am planning for IELTS through which I can secure minimum additional 4 points and will clear the employability criteria, taking me to 62 in total.

Recently I have seen news regarding removal of 'adaptability criteria'. I am little confused and uncertain about the implications of this new development. Do I still need to make 63 points in total or I should be fine with 57 (points for married applicant) per new rules.

I would really appreciate if someone can guide in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Shailesh

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
kanarf said:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-process/schedule-missions.html

New missions out....praying for all of you who are without csq
Thanks for the link. However, I dont see any missions schedule for persons in the Caribbean. What would this mean if someone from the Caribbean was placed on an interview list?

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
khan1984 said:
Modifications to the selection grid for skilled workers: the “adaptability” factor is no longer considered in the evaluation

Modifications have been made to the selection grid for skilled workers in order to improve the selection process for immigration applicants, making it more uniform and efficient. Consequently, points will no longer be attributed for the “adaptability” factor. The passing scores have been adjusted to take this modification into account.

These modifications have been made as part of the Ministère's modernization efforts and are in effect immediately, that is, they will apply to all applications received on August 5, 2015 or after as well as to those received before this date and for which a notice of referral for francization or intention to refuse at the selection stage has not been sent.

I just want to ask about; I submitted my application before August 5,2015 and I haven't received intention to refuse at the selection stage. However, I have no idea what does; "Notice or referral for francization" means?
Hi

Referal to francization means that your file is attractive to them but you do not have enough points. So they have given you an opportunity to increase your points by sending them updated french scores (referral to do French) within a certain time frame from 12 - 18 months. You must achieve the level within this time frame or a combination of factors that will increase your score by the date stipulated or your file can be closed.

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
Bajan4Quebec said:
Thanks for the link. However, I dont see any missions schedule for persons in the Caribbean. What would this mean if someone from the Caribbean was placed on an interview list?

I really don't know. I was on interview wait list for 9 months then I got csq without interview. Have you tried calling to get an update on your file?

pappu13380

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
refferal Francisation provide 12 to 18 months to complete points to come under selection.

why there are three stages of processing ( Eg for india 1st verification of docs takes 41 months , 2nd preliminary review takes 1 to 3 months and 3rd selection review takes 1 to 9 months )

I got AOR on 17 dec 2011 and now 45 or 46 months passes so my file may be in selection review stage as 41+3+2 months passes . but they did not sent me anything yet.
but when i called them they said your file is waiting to be processed so what can i do, just wait or write to them.

i calculated my points as follows :-
Masters in maths : 12 , Aot chemistry (12) as studied ( physics , chemistry , maths in graduation), age ( 16) as 31 when applied , ielts (4 points for 5.5 academic) ,experience (8) as chemistry teacher and also primary teacher, fin suff (1) and french =0 as not submitted but filled in DCS form as A2 user or begginer.
12+12+16+4+8+1=53 then passes accoring to 49 point system and 2009 list of AOT
But
as i choosen AOT chemistry and had experience in that but if they count me in teaching as according to new 2015 AOT list where primary and secondary school teacher are getting only 6 points of AOT.
then
12+6+16+4+8+1=47
now i am thinking that whether they will provide me with 12 points or 6 points of AOT. also if i submit them with A2 french will they give me 6 points of that as A1=2 and A2=6 in 2011.
i need suggestion how to maximise my points and what to do until i receive any next communication.
i also dont submitted my Birth certificate but provided them matric certificate and passport in which DOB is mentioned . DO birth certificate is mandatory?
No tax documents or CPF statement sent to them but i have all as being a govt. employee. registered PAN card and printed my 26AS . do 26AS works or 143(1) intimation is neccessary . who will sign tax exemption certificate ?

anniemathew

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/ London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
AOR Received.
29/11/2016
File Transfer...
10/12/2016
Med's Request
29-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
16-Jan-2017
Interview........
Decision made -05 Feb 2017
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
aashu241 said:
have you received updates from quebec immigration ??
i am from kerala India. I am staff nurse working in KSA. Just got updation letter from quebec..They about tax exemption certificate/PF ETc.im not paying any taxdue to NRI status.please advice me .if anyone sample of this certificate or idea....

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi

Referal to francization means that your file is attractive to them but you do not have enough points. So they have given you an opportunity to increase your points by sending them updated french scores (referral to do French) within a certain time frame from 12 - 18 months. You must achieve the level within this time frame or a combination of factors that will increase your score by the date stipulated or your file can be closed.
Thanks for your reply.

Since I haven't received any of these i.e. intent to refuse or refer to francization; I should not be evaluated on ADAPTABILITY points as per latest announcement and only needs to cross 49 points as a single applicant. Also shall i expect interview even-though I have already cross 49 points? Quite confuse.

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
pappu13380 said:
refferal Francisation provide 12 to 18 months to complete points to come under selection.

why there are three stages of processing ( Eg for india 1st verification of docs takes 41 months , 2nd preliminary review takes 1 to 3 months and 3rd selection review takes 1 to 9 months )

I got AOR on 17 dec 2011 and now 45 or 46 months passes so my file may be in selection review stage as 41+3+2 months passes . but they did not sent me anything yet.
but when i called them they said your file is waiting to be processed so what can i do, just wait or write to them.

Masters in maths : 12 , Aot chemistry (12) as studied ( physics , chemistry , maths in graduation), age ( 16) as 31 when applied , ielts (4 points for 5.5 academic) ,experience (8) as chemistry teacher and also primary teacher, fin suff (1) and french =0 as not submitted but filled in DCS form as A2 user or begginer.
But
as i choosen AOT chemistry and had experience in that but if they count me in teaching as according to new 2015 AOT list where primary and secondary school teacher are getting only 6 points of AOT.
then
12+6+16+4+8+1=47
now i am thinking that whether they will provide me with 12 points or 6 points of AOT. also if i submit them with A2 french will they give me 6 points of that as A1=2 and A2=6 in 2011.
i need suggestion how to maximise my points and what to do until i receive any next communication.
i also dont submitted my Birth certificate but provided them matric certificate and passport in which DOB is mentioned . DO birth certificate is mandatory?
No tax documents or CPF statement sent to them but i have all as being a govt. employee. registered PAN card and printed my 26AS . do 26AS works or 143(1) intimation is neccessary . who will sign tax exemption certificate ?
I think no one can answer your questions with confidence. Since you are 2011 applicant you should be evaluated on old criteria and should get points for A2 french as well as per old criteria prevailing at that time. However, than there is a belief that French points are re vamped on in August 2013 and hence only more than B2 in French will qualify for points to be allotted.

Also recently they removed the need of ADAPTABILITY points as well. Won't consider for those who got intent to refuse or refer to franciaztion.

In my opinion all you need is to keep on practicing and improving your French language and wait for interview; as that would mean that you have crossed the minimum threshold of points needed. Recently they have announced mission for Hong Kong and interviews are being conducted but applicants of 2011 are still not sure about their breakdown of points even I am not.

jashjass

Aug 31, 2014
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2016
AOR Received.
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hlo frnnds.anbody from india got interview date.

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Experts,

Can you advice what kind of preparation I should do in advance before next intake start.

Like..
Filling some form?
Education assessment(Do we need to evaluate education gained outside Canada?),
Funds requirement?
Other documents like Work experience letter..etc etc..

Please advice.

Thanks

jacobj

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
13-05-2014 But filed opened in 25/04/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application. French A1 finished but certificate not yet received.
anniemathew said:
i am from kerala India. I am staff nurse working in KSA. Just got updation letter from quebec..They about tax exemption certificate/PF ETc.im not paying any taxdue to NRI status.please advice me .if anyone sample of this certificate or idea....
Hi annie,

Congrats for ur updation mail. If u dont mind please share ur timeline here. In roder to get Tax exemption letter, u hav to visit the appropriate Income Tax office in your hometown. (I hope u hav already filed ITR for previous years.) Then they will ask u to make an affidavit from Notary (will send u the format if u can gv me ur mail id) and then submit it to the Income Tax officer. They will issue the Tax Exemption certificate for the required period.

Note : Also, it is noticed that in many parts of Kerala, Income Tax offices do not issue this certificate because of several reasons. So try ur luck and all the best !

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeev31aug said:
Experts,

Can you advice what kind of preparation I should do in advance before next intake start.

Like..
Filling some form?
The new online system (to be implemented before the end of 2015) will be mandatory, so no forms to fill in advance. However, looking at the currently available forms and required documents list will help you see what's needed

Education assessment(Do we need to evaluate education gained outside Canada?),
No

Funds requirement?
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#sufficiency

Other documents like Work experience letter..etc etc..
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/documents-dcs-en-dyn.pdf

Please advice.

Thanks

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pappu13380 said:

But
then
12+6+16+4+8+1=47
It seems your application in incomplete as
1 Birth certificate is mandatory
2 The experience is to validated by proof of pf/nps contributions or tax assessment orders

May be somebody looked at your file and kept aside and forgot.