QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
appypatel said:
Hello guys,

I am very confused about Quebec Skilled Worker Program. I walk through the website but its too confusing. I have heard that Quebec Gov. plan to re-open QSWP in October 2015. Is it correct? How to check eligibility? And what government forms and documents we need to submit? Is it online or we have to mail them? My wife(as dependent) and I(Main Applicant) would like to apply for QSWP, can anyone please guide me from the scratch?

Thank you in advance.
Quebec has announced it plans to introduce an online application system by October 2015. It also states that the opening date for QSW applications is "to be announced" (see website).

To evaluate your eligibility:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

The list of documents required, & current paper based application forms are all on the website (links on the page I've given), so you can get an idea of what's needed.

Hope this helps.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
Quebec has announced it plans to introduce an online application system by October 2015. It also states that the opening date for QSW applications is "to be announced" (see website).

To evaluate your eligibility:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

The list of documents required, & current paper based application forms are all on the website (links on the page I've given), so you can get an idea of what's needed.

Hope this helps.
In you evolution online you never select without B2 Level. I think this system is old one.

cryptic0

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Here is the news release that suggests the new system will open in early October 2015.
www immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2015/new-tool.html

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapsora said:
In you evolution online you never select without B2 Level. I think this system is old one.
it's the most current evaluation tool.

I've played about with it a bit; depending on one's education & work experience credentials, one can still be eligible even if French level is low.

For a detailed check, one should review the AOT list, and the points grill:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
mkshah said:
Hi,
One query: They have asked for birth certificates of me and my spouse. Now, I don't have spouse's birth certificate. (and also I could not get it from local municipal authorities.)

So keeping this in mind, which other document can be produced in place of birth certificate.

We have already sent copy of School Leaving Certificate along with the Quebec application.

Guys, pls suggest.
No other option... u have to submit only birth certificate.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
legrand said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks to God I received my CSQ a few days ago. I just want to say to all applicants not to give up hope but to persevere and to keep praying. :)
Congrats Legrand...on to the next stage. Are you B2 in both listening and speaking? I'm B2 in speaking, writing and reading but B1 in listening

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
appypatel said:
Hello guys,

I am very confused about Quebec Skilled Worker Program. I walk through the website but its too confusing. I have heard that Quebec Gov. plan to re-open QSWP in October 2015. Is it correct? How to check eligibility? And what government forms and documents we need to submit? Is it online or we have to mail them? My wife(as dependent) and I(Main Applicant) would like to apply for QSWP, can anyone please guide me from the scratch?

Thank you in advance.
Hi appypatel...

Many of us here can estimate your points for you. Can you give us more details for you and your wife. Such as Age, Education level (high school, University, Masters, PhD). What you and wife studied (Engineering, Accounting etc.) Your (you and wife) current occupations and length of time employed. If any children, level of French, English any relatives living in Quebec, etc? If any job offer in Quebec...After you submit this we can estimate your points that will inform you if it is feasible to submit an application.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
mkshah said:
Ok.
I am also Nov-2011 applicant and I received letter to submit additional documents.
- Social Security contribution or tax payment records for me and my spouse
- Birth Certificates for me and my spouse
- Work certificate for my employment
- two labels of my address.

They have asked to send this documents within 90 days.
Since, they have reduced the selection points now, so will they consider all applications for 57 points only?

I have reached to A2 level of french and my spouse have A1 level of french. How many points can be given for this?

My AOT is chemistry which is not given 0 points for AOT and my wife AOT is accounting (B.Com with Accounting major subject) which can give me 3 or 4 points as per new AOT rules.
So do you mean to say that we will get AOT points as per this new list of training published in January 2015?
Hey mkshah

Are you still within the 90 days to send this information that you quoted above? I was asked for similar information sometime ago and then I was referred to francization a couple months...So I can tell you that they're looking at your file to make a decision. This brings me to my next point...you asked the question if all need the 57 points? No, if no decision was made on your file all you need to pass is 49 points (single) or 57 (joint persons) to get the CSQ - this is the reason we will see a lot of persons getting CSQ. But if a decision was already made ie. to refer you to francization (like me) or intention to reject like some others, there will be a possibility to attend an interview if you have not gained enough points after you submit your information requested. In this respect, if you gained enough points after you submit your information I suppose you will get the CSQ. Yes, I said interview, but it is yet to see if you will have to gain adaptability points in these interviews which will be contradictory since they indicated that they removed these points...

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi appypatel...

Many of us here can estimate your points for you. Can you give us more details for you and your wife. Such as Age, Education level (high school, University, Masters, PhD). What you and wife studied (Engineering, Accounting etc.) Your (you and wife) current occupations and length of time employed. If any children, level of French, English any relatives living in Quebec, etc? If any job offer in Quebec...After you submit this we can estimate your points that will inform you if it is feasible to submit an application.
Hello,

as per above message can you please evaluate my points
age = 27
Education = Masters from uk (WCA report equivalent to canada masters)
Experience = 3years (approx.) in NOC 2131
English = L/R/W/S = 7.5/6.5/6/6.5
Relatives = No

Wife = intermediate (currently studying in uk)
age = 23
English = L/R/W/S = 6.5/9.0/6/6.5

No job offer for both of us

Please let me know. Thank y0u very much

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey mkshah

Are you still within the 90 days to send this information that you quoted above?
No, I surpassed this 90 days now.

I was asked for similar information sometime ago and then I was referred to francization a couple months...So I can tell you that they're looking at your file to make a decision. This brings me to my next point...you asked the question if all need the 57 points?
Yes, and also, if my application will be treated as per old rules at the time of submitting it or as per new rules?

No, if no decision was made on your file all you need to pass is 49 points (single) or 57 (joint persons) to get the CSQ - this is the reason we will see a lot of persons getting CSQ.
Till now I have received this letter to provide additional documents. But not letter for francization or letter of rejection is received by me.

But if a decision was already made ie. to refer you to francization (like me) or intention to reject like some others, there will be a possibility to attend an interview if you have not gained enough points after you submit your information requested. In this respect, if you gained enough points after you submit your information I suppose you will get the CSQ.
I have no idea if I meet the CSQ cutoff or not. My French level is A2 and now my AOT is zero points as per new rules. So, if my file was to be treated as per new rules, I would have received letter of rejection by now. But no such letter is sent to me.

Yes, I said interview, but it is yet to see if you will have to gain adaptability points in these interviews which will be contradictory since they indicated that they removed these points...
thanks buddy for replying :)

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adil Khan123 said:
Hello,

as per above message can you please evaluate my points
age = 27
Education = Masters from uk (WCA report equivalent to canada masters)
Experience = 3years (approx.) in NOC 2131
English = L/R/W/S = 7.5/6.5/6/6.5
Relatives = No

Wife = intermediate (currently studying in uk)
age = 23
English = L/R/W/S = 6.5/9.0/6/6.5

No job offer for both of us

Please let me know. Thank y0u very much

Hello Me Adil Khan,
You both have excellent IELTS Score why not you try Express entry.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I haven't traveled since I've got my new passport,but I've traveled many times with my old one!
So,do I need to provide old passport's information?
or just the last one?

Regards,

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
mapsora said:
Hello Me Adil Khan,
You both have excellent IELTS Score why not you try Express entry.
I am in that pool. and my current score is 385 only.. given IELTS for the 4th time to get to level 9... lingering for results now..alongside that trying for PNP's....

so this is where i am :(

mina_zeko

Aug 14, 2015
ils m'ont rejete mon dossier car la traduction de la legalite sociale sans la signature de la traducteur, j'ai fait une contestation de rejet avec une nouvelle traduction pour ce document , est ceque ca va reussir????

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adil Khan123 said:
I am in that pool. and my current score is 385 only.. given IELTS for the 4th time to get to level 9... lingering for results now..alongside that trying for PNP's....

so this is where i am :(
Very lol last week my was also 4 th time, but only for 6 in all modeul.