+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

bollypizzle

Oct 16, 2014
Hello House,

I have been contacted by the Immigration Office to provide Prove of the Legality of your Work Experience: Original or Certified Copy of Proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption. Do we have anyone from Lagos State, Nigeria who has provided similar in the past? What exactly was submitted.

I urgently need help... I would appreciate urgent response please

Abiola KY

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2013, Federal 2nd Sept 2016
Doc's Request.
NONE
Nomination.....
13th June 2016
AOR Received.
4th December 2013, Fed-CIC Dec 12 2016
IELTS Request
sent with application
bollypizzle said:
Hello House,

I have been contacted by the Immigration Office to provide Prove of the Legality of your Work Experience: Original or Certified Copy of Proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption. Do we have anyone from Lagos State, Nigeria who has provided similar in the past? What exactly was submitted.

I urgently need help... I would appreciate urgent response please

hi bollypizzle.

i have sent a pm to u now. u can contact me tomorrow using my details in the pm. i am in lagos and got our details from LIRS before submitting. thx to David cohen, who sent the exact format of what LIRS issues to us. check the top right corner up there. u should see inbox there or a msg beeping. Lets talk tomorrow. its well.

Jasvir Kumar sidhu

Aug 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
s152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 July 13
Doc's Request.
15 july 2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2013 file opened 21 nov13
julietkq said:
Hi,

I am new to this topic and I would like to hear your advice.

I am from Singapore. I applied for Quebec skilled worker program in 2013. I received a letter of intention to reject my application in Jun 2015. They asked me to submit documents as below:

PREVIOUS STAY IN QUEBEC
As a foreign student or foreign student :
32. Photocopy of the work permit or study permit or proof of exemption permit
work or study permit under the applicable regulations
To : Principal applicant or principal applicant  
Photocopy of proof of studies ( certificate of the educational institution )
To : Principal applicant or principal applicant 

I have requested a transcript from my uni in Canada but I dont have study permit as I only study one semester (student exchange program) which does not require either study permit or CAQ. But I dont know what they require as proof of exemption. I have my visa with entry and exit stamp that show I only stay in canada for 4 months. I also print out from websites (both Canada and Quebec websites) that say study permit/CAQ are exempted for course less than 6 months.

I do not know if my visa and what website said can be used as proof of exemption.

I went to canadian embassy but they cannot do anything for me.

Please please advise me what you think they need as a proof of exemption....many thanks
sorry friend in which month did you apply.

Jasvir Kumar sidhu

Aug 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
s152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 July 13
Doc's Request.
15 july 2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2013 file opened 21 nov13
julietkq said:
Hi,

I am from Singapore. I applied for Quebec skilled worker program in 2013. I received a letter of intention to reject my application in Jun 2015. They asked me to submit documents as below:

PREVIOUS STAY IN QUEBEC

I have requested a transcript from my uni in Canada but I dont have study permit as I only study one semester (student exchange program) which does not require either study permit or CAQ. But I dont know what they require as proof of exemption. I have my visa with entry and exit stamp that show I only stay in canada for 4 months. I also print out from websites (both Canada and Quebec websites) that say study permit/CAQ are exempted for course less than 6 months.

I do not know if my visa and what website said can be used as proof of exemption.

Please please advise me what you think they need as a proof of exemption....many thanks
sorry friend in which month did you apply.

Krups19

Jul 23, 2015
Hi Expert,
i have applied for my file on 11/2013.
I have received Fees receipts on April /2014.
Then i have send a application of address changes and i have called immigration(May/2015) to confirm address and they said they have received application and address is updated and file is in process.
Till date i did't get any updates ?
How can i check file status ?

Can anyone help me out on further.

Thanks.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mazigh said:
Dear Forumers,

I am feeling distraught as my CSQ just got rejected. The reason is that "Les preuves de cotisations sociales n'ont pas été produites pour toutes les années précédant le dépôt de la demande. (Les "Tax return transcript" ne sont pas la preuve du paiement de l'impôt sur le revenu).

In the United States, I have not paid towards social security since I am an international student. I sent them my income tax returns for proof of having paid taxes on my income, and they're saying that the tax return transcript does not meet the criteria. I really cannot think of what else to provide them to for this particular document.

What did I do wrong? What am I missing?

Also, how does the repeal process work and how can I find this document that they're asking for in the US.

Much thanks!
Hello,
Can you please provide more details likes what types of document you send how many years and your aot and country please.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
julietkq said:
Hi,

PREVIOUS STAY IN QUEBEC

How about just giving them a call to inquire about your situation? Failing that, then maybe just write a letter. I don't think all the immigration officers reviewing the cases are informed with all the guidelines/policies/procedures that Canada has, so maybe it's just a matter of explaining that you have been an exchange student for a course that lasted less than six months and therefore does not require a permit. Then show them the printouts of the websites and other proofs that you have. Good luck!

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Mazigh said:
Dear Forumers,

I am feeling distraught as my CSQ just got rejected. The reason is that "Les preuves de cotisations sociales n'ont pas été produites pour toutes les années précédant le dépôt de la demande. (Les "Tax return transcript" ne sont pas la preuve du paiement de l'impôt sur le revenu).

In the United States, I have not paid towards social security since I am an international student. I sent them my income tax returns for proof of having paid taxes on my income, and they're saying that the tax return transcript does not meet the criteria. I really cannot think of what else to provide them to for this particular document.

What did I do wrong? What am I missing?

Also, how does the repeal process work and how can I find this document that they're asking for in the US.

Much thanks!
[/quote

It seems that they always ask for the social security contributions. They have asked for mine despite me having sent them my income tax return. In the US, how can you have income, file an income tax, but not have social security contributions? In the US, regardless if you're an international student or a worker, when you work, you will always have social security contributions and taxes. Or am I right in assuming that the income tax you're referring to is probably from another country where you worked before or after being an international student in the US? If such is the case, then tell them that; tell them that you worked for these years, and you were a plain international student on these years. I think that they give you instructions in the letter of rejection on how to appeal the case.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Dear Expert is it necessary to present Company name ( by yearly where I had worked) in tax document?
Because there is no company name in our govt tax document format. Here saying assessment has complete and tax paid and other info. is it Ok.
Please help who have got CSQ after update tax document.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Bacteria said:
Hello guys, i really need your help.

I applied from Egypt in 2011 as i was living and working there (Country of Residence not nationality), after a long long long time of waiting and updating my file with French and English language test results. :'( 3 and half years have passed.
Then i got a job offer in Qatar, so i moved to Qatar to live and work there.

After a couple of months in Qatar, Quebec sent me an email asking me to update them will all the changes that occurred since i sent the innitial application, so i sent them all the required documents and updated them with all the changes and my presence in Qatar (Work letter, new address, Residency card, Tax proof).

After 2 months they send me my CSQ without Interview. i was soon happy :D, after almost 4 years of waiting, then i've noticed in my CSQ that they mentioned under the Bureau Federal: BVC Cairo :eek:.

I know for the federal step we have to send to Sydney Nova Scotia, they will then make sure the file is complete and then transfer it to the Federal Bureau mentioned on the CSQ.

Now, i'm a resident of Qatar not a resident of Egypt anymore, and Quebec Immigration know that and they have been notified and updated with these changes. now my question is:

Q1. Shouldn't the federal bureau on my CSQ be Abu Dhabi (there is no Federal bureau for Qatar)??? since i'm not a Resident of Egypt anymore and i'm a Resident of Qatar.

Q2. Do i have to apply for Federal from Qatar, even tho my federal office is in Egypt or should i return back to Egypt and get my Residency and apply from there???

Please, if any of you know what i'm talking about and can tell me what to do, i will be really grateful. Thank you.
My agency told me before that when applying, it has to be the country in which you have the most number of years of residency. It seems that at this point, in your case, it still is Egypt, not Qatar. Maybe that's the reason why they still put your federal bureau as Cairo despite your updates. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I know that Cairo has a longer wait time than Abu Dhabi when it comes to the federal stage (5 months more), but come to think of it, if you're going to request Quebec to change the federal bureau, don't you think the delay is going to be much longer, not to mention all the extra steps you have to go through? I'm just saying that maybe it's going to be easier to let it stay as it is. Maybe the immigration officer really just missed reading your update with regards to the change of residency, but then again, what can we do, it has already happened. You can probably call them how to go about with changing the federal bureau and how long that's going to take and other repercussions that might have, then decide if you're still going to have it changed or not. Hope this helps.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
mapsora said:
Hello,
Dear Expert is it necessary to present Company name ( by yearly where I had worked) in tax document?
Because there is no company name in our govt tax document format. Here saying assessment has complete and tax paid and other info. is it Ok.
Please help who have got CSQ after update tax document.
Hi,

In the income tax return (ITR) I have submitted, there were no company names. Just how much my income was for the year and the taxes I paid. However, despite me giving my ITR documents, they still asked for my social security contributions. After that, I got my CSQ. :)

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raistlin17phil said:
Hi,

In the income tax return (ITR) I have submitted, there were no company names. Just how much my income was for the year and the taxes I paid. However, despite me giving my ITR documents, they still asked for my social security contributions. After that, I got my CSQ. :)
Dear raistlin17phil,

They did not accept your tax document ?
Then what document you have provided by getting CSQ?

Please replay your country, i am from Bangladesh.

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Guys if you could kindly answer to this question!!!!!

I gave TEFAQ test in June 2013, got my results that I submitted to Immigration office on July 2013.
Now my question is; Since, more than 2 Years have passed by for my TEDAQ test, will I have to re appear for exam and re submit the new TEFAQ results to immigration office or my old results submitted earlier in July 2013 are still valid for immigration office and there is no need for re appearing and re submitting the results.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khan1984 said:
Guys if you could kindly answer to this question!!!!!

I gave TEFAQ test in June 2013, got my results that I submitted to Immigration office on July 2013.
Now my question is; Since, more than 2 Years have passed by for my TEDAQ test, will I have to re appear for exam and re submit the new TEFAQ results to immigration office or my old results submitted earlier in July 2013 are still valid for immigration office and there is no need for re appearing and re submitting the results.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Old one is OK.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raistlin17phil said:
Hi,

Dear raistlin17phil,

Didn't They accept your tax document ?
Then what document you have provided by getting CSQ?

Please replay your country, i am from Bangladesh.