QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello ladies and Gentlemen,
First, I have to start with an apology for bringing this update late, it is due to some circumstance beyond my control.

Our timeline:
I and my family applied for CSQ on October 4, 2013 with zero French and got AOR on April 8, 2014. By July 14, 2015 we got request for document update within 90 days which we submitted on October 1st,2014.
Interview fixed on February 25, 2015 in AbuDhabi and CSQ issued at the end of the interview.
Federal applied on March 17, 2015.

Our Interview Experience:

We started the journey for our interview on 23/02/2105 but the airline didn't allow us to fly because my wife's Saudi resident permit expiration date was less than 3 months from that day. She had to visit her workplace the following day for an urgent renewal,then we flew on 24/02/2015 and arrived Abudhabi in the mid-night due to the delays from the permit renewal.

The following day,We got to the venue of the interview by 11.30 am though our scheduled time was 1.30 pm, by few minutes passed 12.00 noon we were invited in by the interviewer as those whom she was supposed to attend to then have not yet arrived.
She was nice, soft-spoken, direct and intelligent all the time we were there.

After the formal introduction of her name. She laid the objective of the interview before us. She said at the end of the interview she will be able to approve or reject our application for CSQ based on our performance.

She asked questions on our education, job duties and experiences, values of Quebec society, tested our knowledge on how to get our professional licenses , choice of city to live in and why,relatives and friends in Quebec and Canada,our effort in learning French(where,when and how we learn ), what to expect as we relocate and how to cope with it ( she said we being expatriate workers for years now will adapt easily when we relocate).

The interview was conducted in English. We only spoken a sentence in French ( when she asked us our age). She asked in French and we replied in French. She encouraged to learn French harder and keep the receipts of whatever we spend on learning French in order get a refund on arrival to their province.

It lasted for about 40 minutes and she softly said you have been selected. I and my wife could not hold ourselves as we erupted in joyous shout and hugged each other in her presence.
She printed the CSQ for each of us, signed and wished us well in our future endevours .

Lessons to learn:

1) Always plan to travel to the city of your interview 3 or more days before the scheduled date to enable you have time to sort out any misfortune that might rear its ugly head along your way. If we had started our journey on 24/02/2015, we would have missed the interview.

2) It is good to prepare very well for every interview as it will help to boost your confidence.
3) Try to be seated at the interview venue at 30 minutes before time
4) Learn French as much as you can but do not get yourself tensed on the interview day because of your French language limitations.
5) Pray to whichever God you worship for favour and hope for the best.

Thanks

Talk2melas

tallayousef

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
soooon
talk2melas said:
First, I have to start with an apology for bringing this update late, it is due to some circumstance beyond my control.

Our timeline:
I and my family applied for CSQ on October 4, 2013 with zero French and got AOR on April 8, 2014. By July 14, 2015 we got request for document update within 90 days which we submitted on October 1st,2014.
Interview fixed on February 25, 2015 in AbuDhabi and CSQ issued at the end of the interview.

We started the journey for our interview on 23/02/2105 but the airline didn't allow us to fly because my wife's Saudi resident permit expiration date was less than 3 months from that day. She had to visit her workplace the following day for an urgent renewal,then we flew on 24/02/2015 and arrived Abudhabi in the mid-night due to the delays from the permit renewal.

The following day,We got to the venue of the interview by 11.30 am though our scheduled time was 1.30 pm, by few minutes passed 12.00 noon we were invited in by the interviewer as those whom she was supposed to attend to then have not yet arrived.

After the formal introduction of her name. She laid the objective of the interview before us. She said at the end of the interview she will be able to approve or reject our application for CSQ based on our performance.

She asked questions on our education, job duties and experiences, values of Quebec society, tested our knowledge on how to get our professional licenses , choice of city to live in and why,relatives and friends in Quebec and Canada,our effort in learning French(where,when and how we learn ), what to expect as we relocate and how to cope with it ( she said we being expatriate workers for years now will adapt easily when we relocate).

The interview was conducted in English. We only spoken a sentence in French ( when she asked us our age). She asked in French and we replied in French. She encouraged to learn French harder and keep the receipts of whatever we spend on learning French in order get a refund on arrival to their province.

It lasted for about 40 minutes and she softly said you have been selected. I and my wife could not hold ourselves as we erupted in joyous shout and hugged each other in her presence.
She printed the CSQ for each of us, signed and wished us well in our future endevours .

Lessons to learn:

1) Always plan to travel to the city of your interview 3 or more days before the scheduled date to enable you have time to sort out any misfortune that might rear its ugly head along your way. If we had started our journey on 24/02/2015, we would have missed the interview.

2) It is good to prepare very well for every interview as it will help to boost your confidence.
4) Learn French as much as you can but do not get yourself tensed on the interview day because of your French language limitations.

Thanks

Talk2melas
congrates
you are which category and you are resident in saudi ?

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
well said @ talk2melas. congrats woot woot!!! me and Newjwel next :)

Abiola KY

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 July 2013, Federal 2nd Sept 2016
Doc's Request.
NONE
Nomination.....
13th June 2016
AOR Received.
4th December 2013, Fed-CIC Dec 12 2016
IELTS Request
sent with application
desperaux_0101 said:
Hi, Abiola Ky,

May i ask how your husband knows he got C1in speaking without any certificate on hand. You said waiting for result from Paris. Did your husband took the listening part as well?
Thanks. Please reply :)
Hi desperaux,

AF Paris released list of students that took the exam and their scores to AF Nigeria.

The director sent the result(list ) to all the students to congratulate them and gave the time to except the certificate from the Ministry in Paris.

It takes 2-3 weeks from the date of result release for the certificate to be ready.

Yes he took listening also and got A2-Listening, C1- Speaking.

Newjwel

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sep 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
kanarf said:
well said @ talk2melas. congrats woot woot!!! me and Newjwel next :)
Amennnn

engineer2003

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW 10-10-2011: Federal 01-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 18-12-15
AOR Received.
13-11-2011 Federal 31-03-2016
IELTS Request
3-12-2011 7.0 bands & DELF B2 17-1-2015
Med's Request
20-4-2016
Med's Done....
4-5-2016, MEDICAL RECEIVED 8-5-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-5-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon!
talk2melas said:

Our timeline:

I wish you good luck for the entire federal process!!

Congrats on your CSQ!!

Lessons to learn:

Thanks

Talk2melas

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
sango said:
Thanks Stylove,
I am now filling the federal forms and I have a little challenge. I just noticed one of my daughters passport is expired in March 2015. In the document checklist they are requesting copy of pages of travel documents and passports. The same checklist says if you cannot provide any of the requested documentations, provide a written explanation with full details.
So i intend to apply for her new passport, attach the application receipt to a copy of the expired one, instead of waiting another say three months for the actual passport to be issued. What do you guys think?
Sango I think that is the best idea. Attach a photocopy of the expired one as well. Good luck.

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talk2melas said:

Our timeline:

Lessons to learn:

Thanks

Talk2melas
Congrats Bro!!

hafizit075

Dec 22, 2014
talk2melas said:

Our timeline:

Lessons to learn:

Thanks

Talk2melas

Thanks brother. Valued information.

sanjeev31aug

May 21, 2014
NCR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NEED EXPERT ADVICE PLZ..
====================================================================
(A) What I am suppose to answer for these question?

1)Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO
2)Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM) YES NO

I have completed "Master's of Computer Application" in 2010, and fall under AOT "Computer Science (Bach.)"

(B) In my Wife's Passport, Family Name is blank and only Given Name is present combined as (GivenName+" "+FamilyName) let say ABC XYZ, So what i am suppose to fill in Family Name and Given Name columns on all these forms? Which Column I should left blank and which should I fill?

(C) Do me any my wife both have to fill "DECLARATION BY SPOUSES" declaration on both forms(principal applicants and Accompanying spouse A-0520-AA form) and both fields ("Declaration of the principal applicant" And "Declaration of the spouse accompanying the principal applicant")?

(D) For these two questions, DO I have to answer these question or can leave it blank. (I have no other marriage or de facto spouse)

Please indicate if the statements below correspond to your situation.
1)At the time of my marriage to this person, I was married to another person. YES NO
2)I have a de facto spouse, and have been living separated and apart from my spouse since. YES NO

(E) Should I fill below question in Accompanying spouse A-0520-AA form ?

4. Family members who may or may not be accompanying you in Québec. It is imperative that the principal applicant declare all the members of his/Her family.
(F) Should I attach Photographs for me and wife on both forms(principal applicants and Accompanying spouse A-0520-AA form)?

Plz Advice.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
dear Members,

after they receive our medical and they send us the letter to provide the passport? please advice me how many days normally they give us to send them the passports for stamping the visa?
please advice urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you in advance

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
I have received an email from quebec authorities asking to proof the legality of my work exp for a certain year time frame.............can i just send notarised copies of Form- 16 that we get from the employer...??

Plss help!!! its urgent.

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
tallayousef said:
congrates
you are which category and you are resident in saudi ?
Quebec Skilled Workers. We are resident in Saudi Arabia. The profession of the primary applicant is Nursing

Dreamer2014

Apr 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 January 2015
Doc's Request.
10 August 2015 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
21 April 2015
AOR Received.
8 July 2015
IELTS Request
13 May 2015
Med's Request
8 August 2015
Med's Done....
20 August 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
5 December 2015
What if I want to withdraw my application??

Any one can help throw this :)

zaydoov

May 28, 2010
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-03-2015, Received 27-3-2015, Decision Made 25-5-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015
Dear Friends. I have a Quebec file since October 2011 and they just requested an update last month. in the same time I applied for the federal last year and i'm waiting for the last step, so probably I will got the visa and land by June or July.

if I do land in Toronto then moved directly to Quebec and rent an apartment and settled there without CSQ, will I be eligible to the Francization courses and the other benefits that Quebec provide? or I will need to apply for CSQ? in this case will I continue on my file or apply a new inland application.

please advice. Thanks