NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello guys,

need your help!!...please advise me whether the bank account for Proof of Funds can be a joint account ...or must be held on my name only ..the account..!!

Regards,
Shahi

hamadaahmed

Jul 6, 2010
Shahi said:
@ hamadahmad..

Does not matter whether your wife will accompany to quebec or not..till the time you are not divorced..you will be treated as a married
man.

Shahi
Thanks for your reply, Can i say that we are separated then, any required proof ?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
separated is not good enuf...you wud need divorce papers!!..

shahi

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
@canadien85, thank you, I will try to keep you posted about new important details.

@shahi, I think is the same, because independently if you wife is coming or not, they will consider her, to evaluate your application, as part of your family, so to check your funds, it is the same but backwards, you could have a joint account and it is still part of your family funds. Let's see what others think.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hey AmGRA,

The situation is that i m single(Never Married until now) 25 yrs is a bit too young i guess!!..lolzz...on a serious note..the acount is with my mother..so thats y i was not sure!!...

Shahi

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
hi all,

I went to my local AF to register for french classes for DELF - all seemed good until I heard about $418 for 28 hours & this is probably before tax! for DELF courses (3). I find that this is quite expensive so i want to find out if AF teaching method is effective before enrolling - whats the method - have you retained learnt material i.e. you dont forget?

Second thing i wanted to find out is if there are any chances of interviews this year for interview for canada (outside Quebec applicants). Shahi, I applied same time as you - is there likely to be interview in november like new delhi?

raavikp

Aug 14, 2010
I am applying for Canadian Immigration through QSW, I need to present a letter with my intent to stay in Quebec. Can any one please provide me with a sample letter?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
@Chikbiks,

Yes AF is very effective...go for it. Yes there are chances that interviews will be help in New Delhi this Nov-Dec 2010. Let us see. Good Luck!

Shahi

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
chibiks said:
hi all,

I went to my local AF to register for french classes for DELF - all seemed good until I heard about $418 for 28 hours & this is probably before tax! for DELF courses (3). I find that this is quite expensive so i want to find out if AF teaching method is effective before enrolling - whats the method - have you retained learnt material i.e. you dont forget?
I am currently enrolled in AF in my country. So far for the teaching method, I can give positive reviews.

As to the "dont forget" part, you should try to interact with people who knows the language. Since it is not everyday that I get to interact with people who knows the language, I watch french films put on the subtitles. I also listen to french song. This way, I teach myself to be familiar with the french sound (nasal sound). :)

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamadaahmed said:
I found it very interesting forum, your guys are really helpful.
I am new to this forum, i need your guys assistance regarding CSQ application. In this website explain that if a single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 63 points. I am married but my wife has no qualification and french skills and in case include my wife in my application i will not be eligible to apply for Quebec immigration, i would like to say that she is not going to accompany me, will that mean that i will be assess as single applicant or married applicant .Thanks in advance.
Regards .
@ hamadaahmed
In my opinion, you can apply for CSQ as single i.e. someone who is not accompanied by his spouse. No need to show that you're divorced / separated. You will require 55 points to qualify for CSQ instead of 63 poinits, if your wife is not accompanying you.

@ Shahi
Can you quote any specific clause of the immigration rules to support your opinion ? I request you not to comment if you're unsure about something. Your advice can make/break someone's future. Be Very CAREFUL !!
Cheers

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Hi,
@acemsyed-In the application form, you have to mention whether u r married or not. Furthermore, u have to mention all your family members whether they will accompany you or not. Based on tht, hamadaahmed cannot apply as single. It is not mentioned anywhere that if ur spouse is not accompanying you, u will be qualifying at 55 points. In fact, "The Summmary table of factors and criteria used to select skilled workers" specify the points needed as married and single. check out the table:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

In my opinion, everybody who is not getting enough points as married, can just say tht their spouse is not accompanying them and later when get PR, sponsor the wife. I think it will not be fair to others and BTW, u have to give true information on ur forms. We are just here to advice and help each other based on personal experience.
Regards
Shahzad

senuphilip

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Shahi

How did you got your police clearance certificate? please help

Today, one of my friend who is applying for PR through FSW lived in chennai for 3 years before going to UAE, Infact he got PCC from UAE within 3 days but today when he came to chennai, he had very bad experience.

When we went to the police station, they asked him for the following things

• Passport copy
  • 2 passport size photo
  • Request letter for the PCC
  • letter from the owner of the house were he stayed
  • House owner's ID
  • letter from the neighbor stating that he stayed in the house/area
  • He stayed in UAE came to india 3 times, so all the travel documents while travelled to India 3 times.

I think this is ridiculous.
I am sure there should be some other way by which PCC can be acquired timely.

You can imagine my friend have to go back to UAE and he caught up in this web for Chennai PCC.

Kindly suggest

Thanks

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Acemsyed..i hope u got ur doubt clear...n please let me know on what basis did u now say that he can apply single inspite of being married..can u quote me a document... i suggest u better not give suggestions to others which u urself cannot follow..i give my opinions according t my knowledge..no one is bound to follow it...!!..U better think that in future..

@Senu..no i have not applied for PCC...but from ur friend's story looks pretty bad..i m worried what will happen!!

Shahi

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Acemsyed..i hope u got ur doubt clear...n please let me know on what basis did u now say that he can apply single inspite of being married..can u quote me a document... i suggest u better not give suggestions to others which u urself cannot follow..i give my opinions according t my knowledge..no one is bound to follow it...!!..U better think that in future..

@ Senu..no i have not applied for PCC...but from ur friend's story looks pretty bad..i m worried what will happen!!

Shahi
Yes I am glad you brought that up but quite disappointed with your comments. I think you owe an apology to all the people on this forum since you have misguided them all on this particular topic. You should have at least once checked the guidelines and then commented any further. It takes quite a thick person to not understand why they have put everywhere on the application forms and guidelines "spouse or de facto spouse ACCOMPANYING". Surely there has to be a simple way if a married person wants to immigrate to Quebec alone, other than practicing your bright idea of divorcing his/her spouse ! Use your common sense dude! You cannot take away somebody's freedom to choose to live wherever he/she likes and penalise them if his/her spouse decides against his/her will. I agree nobody's bound to follow your advice but when a newbie like me or hamadaahmed sees a big ol' "Hero Member" written under your name he thinks oh well this person is "Mr.Know it All" he can't make any mistakes and as you can see, nobody following this thread has so far objected to your comments 'cause they believe your words so you better be very careful with them or just shush and save yourself the trouble if you're unsure about something (which is exactly what i meant to say in my previous post). And if you cannot help yourself from commenting, its best to write "others please comment" to give others an idea that you're open to suggestions. But advising somebody to get divorced just to qualify for Canadian immigration is certainly not the way to go. OK now let's get to the point, shall we ?

Refer to "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION" page 17, clause 3.2.1 called "Évaluation de l'époux ou du conjoint de fait et prise en compte des enfants à charge".

And with recently passed flashy B1, it shouldn't be a problem for you to translate the following paragraph (copied from "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION") into English. Do read it out loud in English to everbody who's following this thread:

3.2.1 Évaluation de l'époux ou du conjoint de fait et prise en compte des enfants à charge
Au moment d'examiner la demande d'immigration, le fonctionnaire à l'immigration choisit la grille de sélection qui s'applique à la situation du candidat, soit la grille de sélection avec conjoint ou celle sans conjoint. Ces deux grilles diffèrent quant à la présence, dans la première grille, du facteur Caractéristiques de l'époux ou conjoint de fait qui accompagne et quant aux seuils de passage en sélection à satisfaire. Mentionnons que si le conjoint n'accompagne pas le requérant principal au sens de l'article 1.k) du RSRE, c'est-à-dire si le conjoint ne fait pas partie de la demande d'immigration du candidat, soit parce qu'il ne souhaite pas s'établir au Québec, soit parce qu'il est déjà résident permanent ou citoyen canadien, la grille de sélection sans conjoint doit être alors utilisée. De façon générale, les membres de la famille qui n'accompagnent pas le requérant principal au sens de l'article 1.k) du RSRE ne doivent être pris en compte, ni dans l'évaluation des facteurs et critères de sélection, ni dans le calcul du montant faisant l'objet d'un engagement financier au regard du facteur Capacité d'autonomie financière. Les seules exceptions à cette règle concernent :
1. l'enfant à charge citoyen canadien du requérant principal ou de son conjoint au regard du facteur Capacité d'autonomie financière. Celui-ci doit être considéré dans le calcul, qu'il accompagne ou non;
2. l'enfant résident permanent ou citoyen canadien domicilié au Québec (« résidant ») qui doit être considéré au critère Famille au Québec.
L'enfant citoyen canadien est pris en compte au facteur Enfants s'il est un enfant à charge qui fait partie du projet d'immigration du candidat et s'il est domicilié à l'étranger1. Il sera plutôt considéré au critère Famille au Québec s'il est domicilié au Québec, qu'il soit à charge ou non. Dans les deux cas, cet enfant sera pris en compte au facteur Capacité d'autonomie financière.

There you had it, sorted ! :-* :p

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi,
@ acemsyed-In the application form, you have to mention whether u r married or not. Furthermore, u have to mention all your family members whether they will accompany you or not. Based on tht, hamadaahmed cannot apply as single.
I think you got hamadaahmed's point wrong. He wants to apply as a married person but doesn't want to include his wife in the immigration selection process (per se the spouse will not be accompanying him) as she doesn't score enough points. A married person applying for CSQ without wife fills out a CSQ application form as a principal applicant and mention in the "relationship status" that he's married. Then in section 4 mentions that the spouse will not be accompaning. Problem solved (no false info given !!). Bear in mind that for accompanying spouse, a separate CSQ application form has to be filled out and its clearly written in top left corner of the form as to who is filling out this form "Principal Applicant" or "Accompanying Spouse". The summary of table you're referring to is designed for a single applicant and married applicant with ACCOMPANYING spouse. Obviously a person applying without his/her spouse or kids will be considered and assessed just like a single applicant as per the guidelines.