+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

JayAJay

Aug 6, 2010
@ Candian 85

EVALUATION OF FOREIGN CREDENTIALS
In cases where the applicant holds a foreign degree, the immigration officer refers to scores of Part 1 of the list of training areas in 2009 (the column "Foreign Degrees").
- To be awarded points in the test area of training, candidates must hold a diploma recognized by the official authorities of the country where he graduated. Moreover, the degree must be "terminal" and lead directly to professional practice.
Training leading to a certificate equivalent to a university degree in 1 cycle of 2 years may be awarded points if the duration and content similar to a technical college 3 years in Quebec, according to tables of CEFAHQ. Otherwise, the diploma is not acceptable for evaluation of the test area of training.
- To determine the area of training related to a foreign training must:
- Establishing the correspondence of foreign degree in the education system in Quebec, from the comparative table of the degrees of the country concerned CEFAHQ (SEE IPG 3-1, ANNEX 4); - Determine if a secondary vocational education, technical college or university. If the degree corresponds to a DVS or technical college 1 to 2 years (eg certificates of college [FAC]), look for related training courses among high school List of professional fields training. If the degree corresponds to a 3-year technical diploma or a university degree in 1, 2-year cycle, where the training meets the prerequisites, it should look for a related training among college-level training technique 3 years included in the list. If a diploma equivalent to a university degree in 1 cycle of 3 years or more or graduate, must be sought among the related training courses at university level 1 cycle of 3 years or more included in the list . In this case, we must ensure that foreign training is at least a period equal to that of the training included in the list (eg 4-year Bachelor, Master);
- Compare the transcript of the candidate list of Quebec during the training (the latter is available to MICC or from Internet sites Infoway FPT MELS or IMT online Emploi-Québec).
- If the applicant's education leads to a profession or trade regulated in Québec, it is not necessary for the evaluation of the field related training, provide evidence that the equivalence of or training he has been recognized, or that he holds a permit to practice his profession or trade.

Above is an extract from the procedure guide. My understanding is the evaluation a candidate does is for him to be granted points for the area of training and not to make it quebec equivalent. In order to determine quebec equivalence there is another set of rules below.

Remarks on the evaluation of qualifications of Quebec:
- In cases where the applicant holds a "diploma of Quebec or a diploma or a qualification which can be assimilated to a degree of Quebec, the immigration officer refers to the scores of the Part 2 List of areas Training 2009 (the column "Degrees of Quebec).
- The "degree of Quebec" is defined by either of the following situations:
- A diploma issued by the Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sport (MELS), high school or college or a university in Quebec. The training may have been followed in Quebec or abroad OR
- An attestation of college studies issued by a college institution recognized by the MELS. The training must have been followed in Quebec and have a duration of one year full-time.
- Is considered a "degree of Québec"
- The Canadian diploma, if issued by the Minister responsible for education or a university in a province or territory of Canada. The training may have been followed in Québec or abroad;
- The equivalent foreign diploma recognized by a regulatory organization in Quebec, except for a medical degree;
foreign diploma or training leading to Quebec to pursue a profession or occupation regulated, if the candidate already holds an authorization to practice this profession in Quebec, including a restrictive permit to practice physician
;
- The title of training covered by a mutual recognition arrangement (MRA) agreed in the framework of an agreement of mutual recognition of professional qualifications concluded with another government for the exercise of a profession regulated by a professional order in Quebec . The candidate must possess the legal capacity to exercise required by the arrangement and the latter must have been implemented. Note that the only country with which such an agreement is being concluded is France.
- The foreign qualification or training set by ARM and Quebec leading the pursuit of a profession regulated, if Québec regulatory agency certifies that the applicant meets the training requirements and, where appropriate, to 'professional experience required for the exercise of this profession.
- Points are awarded for a diploma Québec diploma or equivalent to a diploma of Quebec without regard to language teaching.
- A candidate holding a diploma attesting to Quebec of the success of a program of distance education provided by TELUQ (Open University, UQAM) or Cegep @ distance (part of the CEGEP system in Quebec ) may be granted a diploma in Quebec.
- Certificates of college authorized by the MELS are listed in the MELS website at the following address: www.mels.gouv.qc.ca / ens-sup / ENS-COLL / etablissements.asp
- Canadian facilities that received their provincial or territorial law to confer academic degrees are listed on the website of the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials at the following address: www.cicdi.ca/349/ directory-of-universities-schools-colleges-and-the-canada.canada.
- Professional associations are empowered by regulation, to recognize a diploma equivalence or training equivalence. The points corresponding to a degree of Quebec agreed to with any degree obtained recognition of equivalence of the regulatory body concerned, regardless of whether a
diploma leading to the exercise of exclusive profession, or as reserved.
- For the points corresponding to a degree of Quebec be granted, the applicant must be able to provide an official document (letter, certificate, permit or authorization to practice) issued by the regulatory body to ensure it has obtained recognition of the equivalence of his diploma or training or authorization to practice the profession or trade involved. For example, the junior engineer's permit allows the taking of items Diploma Quebec. For cons, the documents for preliminary assessment of eligibility, as the unofficial score of university education issued by the Order of Engineers of Quebec, do not allow the allocation of points for a diploma in Quebec, because it is not a certificate of diploma equivalence or training.

Let me know if you have any other query after this.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
JayAJay

i graduated in 2005, and my 1.5 years of experience is directly related to the filed of training.

ImmiCa

Jul 23, 2010
Muscat OMAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JayAJay said:
According to angel 10 Points were awarded for qualification but points not awarded for the area of training which has stricter criteria.
Guys, may I know the difference between "qualification" and "Area of Training"?

Also Angel mentioned that he got points for schooling and no points for "Training". I always thought that Education and Training are the same.

Someone please clear my confusion.

JayAJay

Aug 6, 2010
angeleye said:
JayAJay

i graduated in 2005, and my 1.5 years of experience is directly related to the filed of training.
if the experience is within the last 5 years then the points should be awarded. I really think the confusionarose from the transcript, getting an evaluation for the appeal should sort out the problem.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
ImmiCa said:
Guys, may I know the difference between "qualification" and "Area of Training"?

Also Angel mentioned that he got points for schooling and no points for "Training". I always thought that Education and Training are the same.

Someone please clear my confusion.
by qualification they mean, highest level of degree u achieved eog bacelors, masters, PHD etc
by training they mean major subject in which u have received ur degree, like chemistry, marketing, finance etc...

others pls comment.

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hello All,

I am new on this thread and i am planning to apply for QSW very soon. My french knowledge is zero but i have just started taking french lesons @ AF. MY consultant has told me that he will be able to submit my application when i get to basic level 2. Does this mean A2 in Alliance?

Also, for QSW, do i have to take both the IELTS and the french exams? @ AF i have been told i should be able to take the exams by December if i continue my lectures religiously. Please which is the best/easiest exams to take as a beginner? Can anyone that has taken the exam please share on what it is like.

Thanks all and all the best.

canadien85

Star Member
Jul 22, 2010
INDIA.....MONTREAL.....INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
hong-kong (New Delhi)
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Nomination.....
Dec, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
hi jayajay...

i hav visited engineerscanada.ca website.......in that they hav International-Education Assessment Program....through that v can evaluate our degree as per Quebec standard.......
i want to know... will this worth for getting points for Quebec equivalency
check this link.....http://www.engineerscanada.ca/e/pr_international_ieg_3.cfm
give me ur view....

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
@ Smallie..

In AF ..there are 12 levels...after every two levels ...they take DELF... like after level 2 u can give A1..then after level 4 Delf A2..and so on..this is the general practice...however this is no hard and fast rule...u can giver Any DELF exam A1..A2..B1..or anyone..at anytime..however it is recommended u follow the general trend..as that will help u learn french in a better way...i cleared my DELF B1...

DELF is much easier than TEF...and in India much cheaper....

IELTS general should be ideally sent to visa office with initial application...

Shahi

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
@ Smallie..

In AF ..there are 12 levels...after every two levels ...they take DELF... like after level 2 u can give A1..then after level 4 Delf A2..and so on..this is the general practice...however this is no hard and fast rule...u can giver Any DELF exam A1..A2..B1..or anyone..at anytime..however it is recommended u follow the general trend..as that will help u learn french in a better way...i cleared my DELF B1...

Shahi
I am from Pakistan and we're advised to sit DELF exam after each three levels instead of 2 in Shahi's case (India). How many hours of study do you have to complete in order to finish a level Shahi ? Ours is 36 hours minimum !

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Shahi said:
@ Smallie..

Shahi

Thanks Shahi,

I am pressently doing A1,A2. The classes have been combined in pairs, A1,A2 as 1 class for 6 weeks, A3,A4 and another class for 6 weeks. Based on this, can i send in my applicaion on completion of my A1A2 class? Will that mean i gave attained basic level 2 in French? or do i have to complete the A classes and begin the B classes?

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Acemsyed

We have alternate classes i.e. 3 days a week (2 hour class) each week... for 10 weeks..that is one level!!...so thats what is in india...guys just try to clear DELF B1..that is a sufficent level of french...so good luck...!!

Shahi

eddie_thomas

Jul 19, 2010
Shahi said:
@ Smallie..

Shahi
Oh my... I took TEFAQ and I only got A0+. I have submitted the result and my 200 hrs french class. I hope they will give me a chance.

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Acemsyed

We have alternate classes i.e. 3 days a week (2 hour class) each week... for 10 weeks..that is one level!!...so thats what is in india...guys just try to clear DELF B1..that is a sufficent level of french...so good luck...!!

Shahi
Shahi

We also have classes on alternating days (3 days a week but 3 hours class instead of 2). I suppose the only difference is that our classes for each level run for 5 weeks whereas yours for 10 weeks and that's why we have to pass three levels instead of two. I was curious to find out about your class structure because i thought AF were perhaps taking too long to promote us to the next level. Thanks for clearing the confusion.

Cheers

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Acemsyed..

Good for u man..!! learning frnch so quickly...means less time to clear exams..i think if you know french ..u ll be able to do well for ur QSW!!

Shahi