+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Harsh5

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Re: MONTREAL LANDING EXPERIENCE AND LIFE AFTER THAT

rohitchaudhary1976 said:
No they dont ask Income tax return as far as i know. It could be one of 100 optional documents but not mandatory documents. How can you attach Income tax return when you are not in Quebec.
No what i meant was they ask for income tax proof for our job in India.
They want to make sure that our job is genuine that's why they want to see that we pay tax.
My wife is a Nurse and her salary does not cross the taxable limit hence she doesn't need to pay tax.
In this case what proof can we attach that she is exempt from paying tax.
We applied in Jan 2013 and Got AOR in March 2013.
Would appreciate your reply.

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A

Harsh5 said:
No what i meant was they ask for income tax proof for our job in India.
They want to make sure that our job is genuine that's why they want to see that we pay tax.
My wife is a Nurse and her salary does not cross the taxable limit hence she doesn't need to pay tax.
In this case what proof can we attach that she is exempt from paying tax.
We applied in Jan 2013 and Got AOR in March 2013.
Would appreciate your reply.
I guess you are asking for application process and not for comparative education. MICC says provide your job proof, e.g., appointment letter for date of joining so that they can check the joining date for experience points, job offer letter, latest 2-3 months' salary slips which show that you are currently working as a nurse and getting salary, bank statement if direct deposit, Form 16 which your wife's employer will provide every year and you can ask for form 16 even you dont submit I.Tax returns, either attach all or some of them and also one experience letter which show RN duties according canadian standard duties. All the best.

Harsh5

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014

rohitchaudhary1976 said:
I guess you are asking for application process and not for comparative education. MICC says provide your job proof, e.g., appointment letter for date of joining so that they can check the joining date for experience points, job offer letter, latest 2-3 months' salary slips which show that you are currently working as a nurse and getting salary, bank statement if direct deposit, Form 16 which your wife's employer will provide every year and you can ask for form 16 even you dont submit I.Tax returns, either attach all or some of them and also one experience letter which show RN duties according canadian standard duties. All the best.
Yep thanks bro.
We sent all these documents at the time of applying except form 16.
I was worried because many applicants are getting email from MICC to update their documents and they are also asking for Income Tax returns.
I guess we will send them these documents again if we get this sort of email from them.

Regards

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A

Harsh5 said:
Yep thanks bro.
We sent all these documents at the time of applying except form 16.
I was worried because many applicants are getting email from MICC to update their documents and they are also asking for Income Tax returns.
I guess we will send them these documents again if we get this sort of email from them.

Regards
Well dont worry, wait for their mail, dont worry unnecessarily. At least submit this years return before 31 july as this is the last date for last year's, 2013-14. All the best.

Harsh5

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014

rohitchaudhary1976 said:
Well dont worry, wait for their mail, dont worry unnecessarily. At least submit this years return before 31 july as this is the last date for last year's, 2013-14. All the best.
Can we submit the returns ourselves or should we ask the HR guys for form 16 at her Hospital because she doesn't pay tax.
Her Hospital also gives a document which says that she is not required to pay tax along with the pay slips.
If we file the income tax returns it will show nil in the amount section.
Sorry i don't have much experience with Income Tax in India as i work in New Zealand and the process here is very straight forward.

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A

Harsh5 said:
Can we submit the returns ourselves or should we ask the HR guys for form 16 at her Hospital because she doesn't pay tax.
Her Hospital also gives a document which says that she is not required to pay tax along with the pay slips.
If we file the income tax returns it will show nil in the amount section.
Sorry i don't have much experience with Income Tax in India as i work in New Zealand and the process here is very straight forward.
Bro don't complicate things if you have salary slips from office that is enough, if you have form 16 that is also fine doesn't matter it has tax, refund or nil in it. If you dont have returns then you can attach form 16 or salary slips, to prove that you work and you are paid for that work, so there are certain documents which can prove that which i typed on the first line, so doesn't complicate thing as Quebec immigration is in itself is very lengthy process and if you have already submitted docs then dont worry right now, you just do which you can do easily in India. Filling income tax return with zero tax or nil tax is not wrong, Tax department wont stop you. I am also not aware of Income tax or accounting. All these thoughts come into your mind and once you get the visa, you won't even open the canadavisa.com so wait for your Visa bro and all the best. Feel free to ask.

Harsh5

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014

rohitchaudhary1976 said:
Bro don't complicate things if you have salary slips from office that is enough, if you have form 16 that is also fine doesn't matter it has tax, refund or nil in it. If you dont have returns then you can attach form 16 or salary slips, to prove that you work and you are paid for that work, so there are certain documents which can prove that which i typed on the first line, so doesn't complicate thing as Quebec immigration is in itself is very lengthy process and if you have already submitted docs then dont worry right now, you just do which you can do easily in India. Filling income tax return with zero tax or nil tax is not wrong, Tax department wont stop you. I am also not aware of Income tax or accounting. All these thoughts come into your mind and once you get the visa, you won't even open the canadavisa.com so wait for your Visa bro and all the best. Feel free to ask.
Thanks a lot Rohit.
Cheers for the detailed explanation. Wish you all the best for your life in Quebec.

Regards

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013

Harsh5 said:
Thanks a lot Rohit.
Cheers for the detailed explanation. Wish you all the best for your life in Quebec.

Regards
Hi,

Could you plz. clarify what does form 16 mean and do u think ...MICC also ask proof of SS contribution for co-applicant since there is zero point on work experience.

Harsh5

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014

Sairam said:
Hi,

Could you plz. clarify what does form 16 mean and do u think ...MICC also ask proof of SS contribution for co-applicant since there is zero point on work experience.
Form 16 shows the tax contribution of a person in India.
Not sure about the second query. They might ask for it though.

shreyas3s

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
angie_a1721 said:
Bonjour again! ;D can you please translate this: vous devez prevoir un certain delai avant de recevoir une nouvelle correspondance de notre part. ll est par consequent inutile de nous contacter a ce sujet. Pour plus de precision sur le delais de traitement, vous pouvez consulter notre site internet. Thanks everyone!
Hi, it means - you foresee a delay before receiving a new correspondence from us. It is therefore unnecessary to contact us about it. For more precision on treatment delays, please see our website.

angie_a1721

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
Hopefully waived or soon
Merci shreya! Do you know the timeline of receiving the csq today? :)

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends

i really need help of some expets.....

i have applied for quebec skilled worker in march 2011 and got my AOR in 20 days on that time...

And since than i havenot heard any thing from Biq but on 7th july 2014 i got an email for documents update.....which i send last week.

They have ask for my experience and income tax proofs in which
i dont think there is a problem but they have also asked for my
masters degree documents....Now when i have applied i was not aware that it should be recognised but later on i came to know about the same....

So my question isthat if my MBA isnot from recognised university (as i had done from private institute) what can be the
decision from biq ???

Will they deduct the points for master or they will reject whole application ?

But at the same time my bachelor degree is from recognised university and i dont have problem with other documents....

Guys really need your propmt reply asap....

Regards

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
darshmodi said:
Hello Friends

i really need help of some expets.....

i have applied for quebec skilled worker in march 2011 and got my AOR in 20 days on that time...

And since than i havenot heard any thing from Biq but on 7th july 2014 i got an email for documents update.....which i send last week.

They have ask for my experience and income tax proofs in which
i dont think there is a problem but they have also asked for my
masters degree documents....Now when i have applied i was not aware that it should be recognised but later on i came to know about the same....

So my question isthat if my MBA isnot from recognised university (as i had done from private institute) what can be the
decision from biq ???

Will they deduct the points for master or they will reject whole application ?

But at the same time my bachelor degree is from recognised university and i dont have problem with other documents....

Guys really need your propmt reply asap....

Regards
To get a point for education, education should be full-time and from recognized institute or university where the education provided. Lets say your MBA is not from recognized university then you won't get the education points for Masters Degree and you will get the Bachelor's points if it is recognized one and full-time (regular college study). If they ask for your Master's degree then provide the same if it's genuine then only provide (just kidding) and if you can't provide then write them the reason why can't provide in detail, you lost or it's not from recognized univserity so you can't provide, etc. etc.

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitchaudhary1976 said:
To get a point for education, education should be full-time and from recognized institute or university where the education provided. Lets say your MBA is not from recognized university then you won't get the education points for Masters Degree and you will get the Bachelor's points if it is recognized one and full-time (regular college study). If they ask for your Master's degree then provide the same if it's genuine then only provide (just kidding) and if you can't provide then write them the reason why can't provide in detail, you lost or it's not from recognized univserity so you can't provide, etc. etc.
Dear Rohit

Thanks for your reply but i have already send the marksheet
also but my concern is if they will not give points i dont have any problem but i hope that they wont reject my application..

please confirm me and also i have send one personal email on your gmail account please reply if possible...

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
darshmodi said:
Dear Rohit

Thanks for your reply but i have already send the marksheet
also but my concern is if they will not give points i dont have any problem but i hope that they wont reject my application..

please confirm me and also i have send one personal email on your gmail account please reply if possible...
As long as you have required points to get the CSQ without that MBA degree then you dont worry. If you are short of points because of that MBA degree then there is a problem as you need points to qualify and as far as I know, last time interview came in New Delhi for Quebec Candidates was in March 2012 thats it after that they never came to Delhi and some times they used to call candidates to Hong Kong BIQ office but that too is history now as they ask candidates to send application to Montreal.

If you think that you dont have pretty strong case or enough points then dont hang on Quebec immigration, as they badly need people with area of training 16 or 12 and for 6 AOT points they take a lot of time, really a lot of time, and we candidates when we see that we are getting 63 points then also they dont bother to work fast on your application and keep on waiting frustrating. So if you get some other opportunity, grab that e.g., federal or something else, you know better your case. Dont lose hope and stay focused.