+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

hgalstyan

May 12, 2013
Hi Everybody!!!
I've received my AOR in April,2014. Is it available to check my application status online?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

bluereef

Apr 17, 2014
MALDIVES
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 18 2014
kuthpeters said:
I do not think it is mandatory 2 score such as long as ur spouse is not coming with u immediately- but u must let them know you new marital status . But are u male or female? no problem if male but if female, u have 2 intimate them about name change along with other documents to show the legality of your new marital status.
Thanks a lot bro. I am female Nurse. My fiancee is a Medical Lab Technician. Since his Diploma is only 2 year course,we're not sure about points for his Education. So we don't want to take risk. But if I could make French B2( I know it's not easy) before my interview then I would add him in application for CSQ. This is our plan. Does name change requires only on passport or any other things too??

shreyas3s

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
hgalstyan said:
Hi Everybody!!!
I've received my AOR in April,2014. Is it available to check my application status online?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
@ hgalstyan

It isn't possible to check the status online, except contacting the QC immigration on phone.

Good luck.

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
bluereef said:
Dear seniors,
I am a Nurse and now learning French. I am marrying on this August. Applied on March 18'2014. Awaiting for the file number. Without adaptability points I have 53 points. Now I have a doubt,kindly clear it friends.
1.Should I postpone marriage until I receive my file number?
2.After marriage is it mandatory to score 57 points even if the spouse would not be accompanying me at the first landing?
Thank you in advance friends.
Actually it does matter if you're married. Cutoff score for married couples is 57 before interview but you will require to have 63 in total so, if you cannot score that much as a couple you won't get your CSQ. Landing procedures are part of the federal process, but if you don't get CSQ then federal does not matter at all.

1. I don't think you need to postpone it. But definitely you can't update your file without file number. so in any case you have to wait until you have it to send all the forms to update your case.
2. Yes, it is mandatory for couples to score at least 57. If you don't then you application will be refused.

coolforyou

Jan 7, 2014
bluereef said:
Dear seniors,
I am a Nurse and now learning French. I am marrying on this August. Applied on March 18'2014. Awaiting for the file number. Without adaptability points I have 53 points. Now I have a doubt,kindly clear it friends.
1.Should I postpone marriage until I receive my file number?
2.After marriage is it mandatory to score 57 points even if the spouse would not be accompanying me at the first landing?
Thank you in advance friends.
Similar situation here. I send my file on Jan 2014, got married on April, received AOR on June 5. I was about to send an update to the immigration office. But my consultant is saying to wait till we get the request from immigration office for updates. Before marriage, i had 51 points. Now it will be 60 points if i update my spouse documents. Real confusion. :-\ :-\ :-\

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolforyou said:
Similar situation here. I send my file on Jan 2014, got married on April, received AOR on June 5. I was about to send an update to the immigration office. But my consultant is saying to wait till we get the request from immigration office for updates. Before marriage, i had 51 points. Now it will be 60 points if i update my spouse documents. Real confusion. :-\ :-\ :-\
I do suggest you submit an update to your application when there are major changes like marriage. MICC gives applicants 30 days to submit them after the change. :)

alexismanual

Jun 17, 2014
Experts,

i have applied to quebec immigration for the skilled worker category on 2013 may 25th. i have received the file number april 5th 2014. what i can expect next process. what it will be and when..

thanks for your valuable reply...

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexismanual said:
Experts,

i have applied to quebec immigration for the skilled worker category on 2013 may 25th. i have received the file number april 5th 2014. what i can expect next process. what it will be and when..

thanks for your valuable reply...

Wait wait and wait no FAQing news i hate waiting.... One years gone when i got CSQ i dont like waitingg....
I hate waiting i hate waiting i am going to mad for waiting......
Some of my friend applay 2011 after :3 years of waiting they said you are not selected
What kind of people there are. They dont have any humanity.
I can not write any more. We are wasting our life and time here.

Nora3

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Tirana Albania
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal L'Europe de L'Est
NOC Code......
U024
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2012
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS+TEFAQ
File Transfer...
FED AOR 11-06-2015
Med's Request
WAITING
hello,
i have just try to call the MICC and the service by phone was closed for the moment.
one capsule of information for everything but not one for the qsw.
this was never happened before,,,no service ,,,,???
:eek:
what do you think???

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
Nora3 said:
hello,
i have just try to call the MICC and the service by phone was closed for the moment.
one capsule of information for everything but not one for the qsw.
this was never happened before,,,no service ,,,,???
:eek:
what do you think???
Call during Montreal business hours... you posted at 5am so definitely there is no service at that time.. try calling at 9 or 10 am Montreal time

Xhanim

Apr 23, 2012
Greetings,

I applied for QSW and recently I got my CSQ this year and I'm waiting for the Federal AOR, my question is: Is there any way for me to get a work permit in Quebec to start working while I wait for the Residency to process? An easier way than for someone who hasn't got the CSQ.

Thanks a lot.

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
Xhanim said:
Greetings,

I applied for QSW and recently I got my CSQ this year and I'm waiting for the Federal AOR, my question is: Is there any way for me to get a work permit in Quebec to start working while I wait for the Residency to process? An easier way than for someone who hasn't got the CSQ.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

First of all congratulations on your CSQ.
yes you can work here and only thing you need is a job and offer letter. Your exempt from CAQ AND LMO to work in QUEBEC. These two are important to get the WP without CSQ. Now a days if you file an online application with job offer, copy of CSQ, WP takes 30-45 days from inland.
Mostly employers don't know about this and they prefer people with PR ( they don't want to 4-5 months for the while LMO process )or citizens for jobs. Hard thing is convincing them that you are eligible to work and the process is easy and fast.
All the best
Anand

Xhanim

Apr 23, 2012
Anand_Inida said:
Hi,

First of all congratulations on your CSQ.
yes you can work here and only thing you need is a job and offer letter. Your exempt from CAQ AND LMO to work in QUEBEC. These two are important to get the WP without CSQ. Now a days if you file an online application with job offer, copy of CSQ, WP takes 30-45 days from inland.
Mostly employers don't know about this and they prefer people with PR ( they don't want to 4-5 months for the while LMO process )or citizens for jobs. Hard thing is convincing them that you are eligible to work and the process is easy and fast.
All the best
Anand
Thanks a lot Anand_Inida! Been struggling to find concrete information about this.

One question, to apply for the work permit I would have to be inside Quebec/Canada (As a visitor or student) or can I do this from my own country? My situation is that I'm going to take a French course in Montreal and I already have my Student Permit, but still I would like to know if its possible to apply from outside with just the CSQ (And of course with the job offer).

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xhanim said:
Greetings,

Thanks a lot.
Congratulations! Can you share your timeline to us? :)

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....