bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caleb said:
Hi bosschips,

Thank you for your response. Actually, my status in my current employer is part-time employee but I work more than 8 hours a day and I am being paid per hour. When I went to a consultancy agency they told me that it's okay if I don't have SSS or ITR as long as I my employer makes a declaration about it and confirms that they did not deduct any SSS or ITR. My problem is that I am not familiar with that declaration or acknowledgement, I don't even know what is to be written in that declaration.

I hope you could help me on this.
Thank you so much.
if i were you, download all the forms and read everything. Its very easy trust me. No need for consultants. Actually, he (consultant) should be feeding you all the info you need...

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Stylove said:
SUBASH GIVE ME FIVE!!!!!! SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!
Dear Stylove,
Thank you so much Stylove.We all are missing you since long.Even your temporary absence here on the forum made us like we have missed medicine for all the ills.Please be with us.

prettymica

Oct 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2014
AOR Received.
04/07/2014
IELTS Request
sent along with the application
Hi i'm a newbie here and i need help. :( has anyone here already accomplished the work internship form required by quebec from the university? Hindi ko po alam what to write down on the task 1-4 part of the letter

vk0901

Nov 1, 2013
AbdelAllah said:
Good day.

I have Masters in "information technology" with 12 year experience and Bachelor degree "Engineering not IT", how many degree can I obtain under "Area of Training"?.

Thanks,
I have the same question. I have Electrical engineering bachelors followed by 7 years experience in Information technology and then an MBA. Not sure how to evaluate my Area of training.

Can someone please help us. Thanks!

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan_raw said:
Hi swamik ,

With all due respect to your answer, i would like to raise few questions. What if the IELTS / french certificates are expired at the time of interview since they are valid for 1 year. Also what about the age factor..e.g if someone applies while at the age of 35 ( claims 16 points for age 18 to 35) and after 1 or 1.5 yrs in the interview his age is above 35 so will the points for age and ielts etc wont be counted?

So in my understanding it should be purely considered at the time of application received by them which is confirmed by AOR date.

Reg
Rizwan,

The assumption I had was based on this, In case of Age, or IELTS or French certificates, its not in your hand at all, You cannot stop your age from counting, and you cannot determine when your application will be reviewed to take up your Language tests just in time. But, in case of qualification you know you do not work in the related area, and you still have time 1 or two years of time before your application is opened, hence you can very well work in the occupation related to AOT, and its definitely in your hand. If you go to the interview without any AOT experience you cannot prove that you will work in the related occupation and it may look like you are gaining points only for your education and not for the experience you gain out of it, hence the Interviewer may neglect either the experience or the AOT points, this was my assumption.

But Bachar had clarified that the 5 years will be based on the time the application will be received, hence may not be a concern. Thanks Bachar

rizwan_raw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Gandhinagar / Gujarat / India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
C018
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2012
Doc's Request.
Clear
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
IELTS Request
Sent IELTS in initial application, without DELF
Med's Request
Waiting....
Interview........
God will waive it.....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Dec 2014
swamik said:
Rizwan,

The assumption I had was based on this, In case of Age, or IELTS or French certificates, its not in your hand at all, You cannot stop your age from counting, and you cannot determine when your application will be reviewed to take up your Language tests just in time. But, in case of qualification you know you do not work in the related area, and you still have time 1 or two years of time before your application is opened, hence you can very well work in the occupation related to AOT, and its definitely in your hand. If you go to the interview without any AOT experience you cannot prove that you will work in the related occupation and it may look like you are gaining points only for your education and not for the experience you gain out of it, hence the Interviewer may neglect either the experience or the AOT points, this was my assumption.

But Bachar had clarified that the 5 years will be based on the time the application will be received, hence may not be a concern. Thanks Bachar
Swamik,

So what happens if my French knowledge drains out over the time? Poor French also means i might not get job in my AOT. (viz IELTS also) Because its not in my hand either.. Same with age. Time of receipt of application is a standardized method used by all high commissions of all countries.
As highlighted, we all know that without AOT experience the officer may neglect but here we are discussing the fact that what happens if the delay is from the BIQ side.

krishhmurali

May 14, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-July-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Feb-2016/ submitted 25 - Apr -2016
Nomination.....
Not Yet
AOR Received.
23-oct-2013
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Subash said:
Dear Stylove,
Thank you so much Stylove.We all are missing you since long.Even your temporary absence here on the forum made us like we have missed medicine for all the ills.Please be with us.
Hi guys .. as i mentioned earlier 3 weeks back even i got a mail from immigration confirming the file opening .. however the attachment was only 2 pages and only Réf. Individuelle DA0****** was there. when i rang them up to check on my Dossier number. I was told by them that either one is sufficient and they follow Ref Individuelle number to update and check status etc ... i called them twice and on both occassion i got simillar reply. can someone tell me whats the role of Dossier number ?? in later stage of application processing. or do i need to wait for further update from them. :-\ .. the below text is the first paragraph of my letter.

" Nous confirmons l’ouverture de votre dossier et vous transmettons l’accusé de réception attestant de la perception des frais liés à l’étude de votre demande de Certificat de sélection du Québec."

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan_raw said:
Swamik,

So what happens if my French knowledge drains out over the time? Poor French also means i might not get job in my AOT. (viz IELTS also) Because its not in my hand either.. Same with age. Time of receipt of application is a standardized method used by all high commissions of all countries.
As highlighted, we all know that without AOT experience the officer may neglect but here we are discussing the fact that what happens if the delay is from the BIQ side.
Rizwan,

definitely its possible, you have provided the test results after having pursued the course for several weeks or months and attained your score. This shows your inclination to stay in Quebec. Since no one need to learn French to succeed in the home country or anywhere else. infact its not going to be a value add beyond France, and Quebec.

You can definitely refresh on the language but unless you are in the environment its very difficult to retain same level of language skills. The officer can understand the situation and definitely grant you the point for the amount of effort you have invested in attaining the level.

But in case of AOT, no one forced you to take up the the specific AOT, and its you and you alone decided on what you want to take as your course. If you are working in an area which is not related to AOT, even after 6 or 7 years, it definitely proves that you dont have inclination to work in that AOT anymore as well.

But, as already pointed out by Bachar I am wrong and the rule defines it based on the time file is received, so why to worry at all ??

moreover, every case is different and all the decisions are only upto the BIQ and we have hardly any say, if BIQ decides we are not qualifying even with 70 or 80 points, what can we do ? We just have to accept the result or appeal to reconsider and carry on is it not ??

panshul

Nov 4, 2013
Hi
i have applied for Quebec in may 2011. till last year they are calling people for interview , but from last one year the site don't show any status change . can someone tell me how can i check the status of my application.
thanks
panshul

milpajz08

Oct 13, 2013
hi everyone. I'm new here. just applied for quebec canada, and im very anxious what would be the result.

is there a chance that i could pass for the quebec work thing? so confuse, im afraid that my money will be wasted.

thanks much.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
panshul said:
Hi
i have applied for Quebec in may 2011. till last year they are calling people for interview , but from last one year the site don't show any status change . can someone tell me how can i check the status of my application.
thanks
panshul
hi Panshul,

few people from 2011 have been called for interview,i think only the priority applicants.
i'm also May 2011 applicant and still waiting,i know many 2011 applicants and we are all in the same Boat of waiting.
by the way what is you file number and which BIQ?
Good luck for all of us.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
krishhmurali said:
Hi guys .. as i mentioned earlier 3 weeks back even i got a mail from immigration confirming the file opening .. however the attachment was only 2 pages and only Réf. Individuelle DA0****** was there. when i rang them up to check on my Dossier number. I was told by them that either one is sufficient and they follow Ref Individuelle number to update and check status etc ... i called them twice and on both occassion i got simillar reply. can someone tell me whats the role of Dossier number ?? in later stage of application processing. or do i need to wait for further update from them. :-\ .. the below text is the first paragraph of my letter.

" Nous confirmons l'ouverture de votre dossier et vous transmettons l'accusé de réception attestant de la perception des frais liés à l'étude de votre demande de Certificat de sélection du Québec."
Hi Kris
My e-mail contained 4 pages but contents are almost limited in 2 pages as some lines of contents were missing that is why it showed 4 pages.Howe ever,while copying out to save those 4 pages of attachments into my folder, all information occupied in 2 pages. Only difference is that ,there has been mentioned ref and dossier numbers on the right of upper column that are written in smaller font sizes as compared to the other contents.But everything seems same except dossier number on my attachments. I think you don't need to get worried on this as you have already got reference number.Of course, if that criteria of getting dossier number is mandatory,may be it is on a way to come for you. Hopefully, we welcome comments on this topic from senior members

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jimmy80 said:
halllo,

i called Quebec yesterday and they inform me that the status of my file has been changed from waiting phase to in process phase,

il est manintenant en phase de traitement.

hope that i will be called soon for interview.

any 2011 applicant has been called for interview or waiting list?
Hello Jimmy,

I am from 2011 as well. I am still waiting for interview call. Where are you exactly from? I mean where is your BIQ? Mine is Hong Kong and I don't think they have missions currently at this BIQ.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
khan1984 said:
Hello Jimmy,

I am from 2011 as well. I am still waiting for interview call. Where are you exactly from? I mean where is your BIQ? Mine is Hong Kong and I don't think they have missions currently at this BIQ.
Hi Khan,
My BIQ is Damas, i mean Montreal since there is a war in Syria. We always have mission but still i didn't get the interview call,

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy80 said:
halllo,

i called Quebec yesterday and they inform me that the status of my file has been changed from waiting phase to in process phase,

il est manintenant en phase de traitement.

hope that i will be called soon for interview.

any 2011 applicant has been called for interview or waiting list?

Dear Jimmy80

I can understand from your words you are in waiting list.

Is it correct or not?

If it is correct when did you received the waiting mail from them?

And could you please give me some details about your file like " did you send any French certificate, single or married etc?

The reason for that because two of my friends applied in May-2011 and they received

The mail of freezing the files to 18 month till they reach the B2 level.