Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
Re-posting....

Please help, my exact role is developing internet/web application (software programming). before my designation was software consultant, now senior software developer. but role is same as coding/programming only. My question is which NOC is closer to me. previously my consultant submitted with NOC 2171. But I suspect it supposed to be 2174. Please help to clarify. (i am not engineering category. Masters in Computer Application)

2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
A couple of examples of difference in French and Québecois:

French - Maraîcher
Québecois - Fruiterie

French - Épicerie de nuit
Québecois - Dépanneur

French - Faire vos course
Québecois - Faire vos épiceries

There are also words that in France mean one thing and in Québecois means another.

In France we use the word GOSSE as a informal word for Enfant or child, but if you use this word in Québec it is speaking about testacles!!!

In Québecois the word TURLUTTE is used to descride a certain kind of song or music, in France it means Oral Sex.

We were quite shocked when we went to the Science Museum in Montréal to be confronted by a "Machine de Turlutte" evidently had to take a picture of me playing with the machine ;D

So if you get some funny looks, just check to make sure you haven't said something with another meaning!!!
lol, turlutte....

yeah, right

"mange de la marde tabarnak", "je m'en calice", "osti de tabarnak" are the expressions that québecois use to say madly, mdr...

There are lot of words that the meaning is different in québec than france.

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Hi Ketevan

I just tried to send you PM but it gets bounced back... could you please make some space in your inbox and PM me...

Thanks with regards
-Vicky

Ketevan said:
:-* :-* :-*
Not as delicious as the one cooked by lemans207

LiNa2010

Nov 5, 2010
Croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2012
AOR Received.
14/11/2012
Did anyone find new GPI? Where can we check a new point system? Can we claim B2 in oral and comprehension without writing? I am so confused ??? it has been a year since we received AOR an there are no news for us.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ pongpong

i see how fast you got your aor after lodging your application. I think the wait time now is about 4-6months. Once i get a csq, will applying to federal be easier? I mean, are we treated like we have an offer of employment when it comes to processing? Exempted in caps, etc.?

do you think i should enroll in a french course now? I just submitted my docs last oct 4. I saw in your timeline that they requested a french diploma?

rjoyce

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 - July -2013
AOR Received.
09 - Sept - 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Request
18-March-2015
Med's Done....
25-March-2015
Interview........
08-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
21-April-2015
LEEVY said:
rjoyce your lucky dyn n papers mo anyway if u dont mine ask lng me.. kung bgbayad k thru credit card or bank draft?thnks best luck...\
hello leevy, i paid thru BPI by demand draft.. :>

pongpong1984

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2011
Doc's Request.
additional-French Diploma (March 21, 2012)
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
December 28, 2011
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
April 30, 2013 (started visa processing)
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013
Interview........
waived (received CSQ on February 25, 2013)
Passport Req..
September 11, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 18, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2014
bosschips said:
@ pongpong

i see how fast you got your aor after lodging your application. I think the wait time now is about 4-6months. Once i get a csq, will applying to federal be easier? I mean, are we treated like we have an offer of employment when it comes to processing? Exempted in caps, etc.?

do you think i should enroll in a french course now? I just submitted my docs last oct 4. I saw in your timeline that they requested a french diploma?
Yes, the receipt of my AOR was so fast..the delay of my application started when they requested for the french diploma..it took almost a year since my CSQ was sent..after i received my CSQ it only took about 4 months of visa processing..regarding french exam, i think you should enroll since most of the their job qualifications in montreal, they always ask for bilingualism..and who knows they might be asking for your french diploma along the course of your CSQ processing..

es

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Roma
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
september 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 20.01.2016
AOR Received.
25.01.2012 federal AOR 25.04.2016
IELTS Request
IELTS Tef-aq sent B2
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
When God has decided!
pongpong1984 said:
Yes, the receipt of my AOR was so fast..the delay of my application started when they requested for the french diploma..it took almost a year since my CSQ was sent..after i received my CSQ it only took about 4 months of visa processing..regarding french exam, i think you should enroll since most of the their job qualifications in montreal, they always ask for bilingualism..and who knows they might be asking for your french diploma along the course of your CSQ processing..

You are a lucky man.
I have applied in July of 2011 and still nothing, just this month they sent me an e-mail for updates to my file. require certificates from work and only high school diplomas because I had sent only university degrees.
After this They may require a degree in French since I have not sent any degree of language, but only confirmation that I'm on course to French Alliance

at this moment I do not know with which rules are processed my file.

Milad_86

Oct 3, 2013
mina_888 said:
hiii i am applied for QSW on 23 / 7 / 2013
and till now there is now news !! is it normal ???
my points was in old rules 55
but i lose 8 in french B1B1
and 6 in AOT Chemistry

this is the standard of bad luck

i was debutant in french but by hard work and some luck i get B1B1
i need your advice to get B2B2

i have big problem in listening and understand what i am listen to !!
should i take normal levels course ??
or its better to get conversation course ??

mr lemans and all members here
i realy need your advices and any matrial may help me to get B2B2 in this war of french
Hi / salaam..
Yes, taking this long seems normal due to the recent problems of visa office...but dont worry, wait...u'll soon hear from them.....
U will probabely be assessed against the NEW rules ,, NOT past rules...so, u'll have no points for ur B1 french...

BUT,,
Since u'll score more than 39 ( and less than 49 ) and because u have already got B1 , u'll be given 12 months to improve french...
U"ll have to achieve B2 in this 12 months, and after that, u have to have 49 or more to be eligible.

Milad_86

Oct 3, 2013
megoman said:
Dear Milad / Master_7

i have exactly the same condition of yours, however i am not sure which program are you discussing here! i failed to find any information related to that program on the Q website, kindly clarify
Hi dear,

We r talkng abt the Quebec skilled workers....
According the new rules, i have totally 45 without french......
I was investigating the francisation rules to see if I qualify to apply with 45 points and B1 french level....

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pongpong1984 said:
How long was the french course? Where did you take it? :)

ken99

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Hi All,

My cousin applied for CSQ and she got AOR and payment receipt after 3 months but she is confused because they have written her maiden surname on payment receipt, which is not mentioned on her passport after her marriage, however she has written her maiden surname with full name in previous name coloum because her all educational docs have maiden surname.
now plz guide what to do? should she write them to correct it or this is there way to write applicant name.

Regards

Ken

abacosis

May 9, 2013
Hi all,
Has anyone here done an "Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec" outside of Quebec / Canada ?
I was just on their site and the only method of payment available to me (outside Canada) is the credit card. For this they require I fill out a PDF form with all my credit card information, including name, type, number and expiry date and then print sign and send via mail. This sounds very insecure to me. Any advice on alternate form of payment from anyone is welcome.

Thanks all.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
LiNa2010 said:
Did anyone find new GPI? Where can we check a new point system? Can we claim B2 in oral and comprehension without writing? I am so confused ??? it has been a year since we received AOR an there are no news for us.
What is GPI? I also got AOR it is One year One month and twoo weeks, no word from them. My Country Cameroon has a selection mission this Nov. Inspite of my B2 in Speaking and listening of TEF. I think I will surely hear from them when the next missions will be out from Jan,Feb,March. So Patience is the rule of the game. Cheers