18-March-2015
Med's Done....
25-March-2015
Interview........
08-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
21-April-2015
guhazel said:
Hi! You got your AOR fast. :) They received my application on July 8, only 4 days after you. I haven't got any response from them yet. :(
hello guhazel, dont worry, maybe your AOR is already on its way.. mine just arrived a week ago in my address, but its actually dated sept 9 on the paper. :)

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Reposting guys.... pls confirm...
vicky4frendz said:
Hi All .. could you please confirm if below address is the correct address to update the CSQ file at Montreal.. ??

To,
Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
Direction de l'immigration économique-International
Service de sélection des travailleurs qualifies

285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4ème étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

Thanks with regards
-Vicky

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
vicky4frendz said:
Reposting guys.... pls confirm...
Hi,

Yes, this address is correct. I also sent my docs before. no worry.

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Thanks for responding...
manibalan said:
Hi,

Yes, this address is correct. I also sent my docs before. no worry.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
Lemans, you once said that even B2 isn't enough but it's good to land with it. I somewhat agree with it because the real french can be learned only in the surroundings of native speakers media. Everything that learned at home will be just a preparation. If you take for example those who have B1 or B2 they will all experience initial difficulties upon arrival. The test levels are just to get points needed for CSQ. Although, they are relative in terms of applicable knowledge. Everyone who's non-francophone will need learn mainly upon arrival.
yeah you were in usa , how was your English when you arrived? how much you struggled accent etc same will happen to us.

cancalling

Aug 21, 2013
Toronto,Canada
Elkevdh said:
Aarrgghh!!

I received my application back today!!
My credit card got blocked, I sent a new form with the new credit card data and both letters seem to have crossed in the mailing. :-(
This is sad. So I have some questions:

1) Does anyone know whether I have to fill in all the new forms now (as I applied before 1st August) before I can send it back again?
2) I really hate this, but on the other hand, this is a sign that the file was complete, as they tried to charge my credit card, right?
Let's hope I can send it in soon again...
3) And one more question: They sent me a letter in French, asking me to complete some forms too (with a link to the French ones) while my application was in English. Do you think I can use the English ones as well then?
When did they tried to charge your credit card?.

Elkevdh

May 21, 2013
cancalling said:
When did they tried to charge your credit card?.
September 30th, a couple of days after it was blocked (but before my new payment form reached them apparently). :-(
Stupid coincidence of course...

I'm now filling in the new application form (I think the other documents didn't change as from August 1st)... In English though, as my whole application is in English too. I hope that will be fine, even though their letter was sent to me in French...

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
Please help, my exact role is developing internet/web application (software programming). before my designation was software consultant, now senior software developer. but role is same as coding/programming only. My question is which NOC is closer to me. previously my consultant submitted with NOC 2171. But I suspect it supposed to be 2174. Please help to clarify. (i am not engineering category. Masters in Computer Application)

2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
yeah you were in usa , how was your English when you arrived? how much you struggled accent etc same will happen to us.
When I came I had 6.5 in academic IELTS which is relatively good. But it took 1-2 years to feel comfortable. I had to struggle at the beginning because I enrolled into grad school and had to learn a very good academic writing. Many regular converstional phrases have to be picked up when communicating on a daily basis. They can't be learned by books :) What I mean is that those who come with B2 will also have difficulties maybe not less than those with B1. And in the end it's all relative :D everybody will learn and adapt eventually. The purpose of all these standartized tests to get the minimum score for points to get admission to university/job requirement/CSQ. But it doesn't show the overall command upon the language. The tests don't mean much. I've seen many chinese in usa who don't know how to combine a simple phrase but they had perfect scores on the test :)

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Ievgen said:
Lemans, you once said that even B2 isn't enough but it's good to land with it. I somewhat agree with it because the real french can be learned only in the surroundings of native speakers media. Everything that learned at home will be just a preparation. If you take for example those who have B1 or B2 they will all experience initial difficulties upon arrival. The test levels are just to get points needed for CSQ. Although, they are relative in terms of applicable knowledge. Everyone who's non-francophone will need learn mainly upon arrival.
I am English and have C1 and C2 in French and my other half who is French 100%. We went on holiday and even my other half had a few problems due to the accent and difference between French french and Quebec French, yep there are subtle difference.

The ordering of POUTINE for example our first night in Montreal will be forever remebered as the night of the two old ladies who served in the restaurant who my other half had to demand at least ten times to repeat whatever they said because we didn't understand. I didn't even try, I work with a lot of French people and speak 99% of my life in French, I couldn't understand one word that was coming out of her mouth!!! tabernacle I understood though, so I guess I understood one word after all...

After a few days though you get the hang of the accent, strangely enough I got it quicker than my other half, but then I speak to people everyday with accents.

Search youtube for videos of Québec people speaking French and compare it to a French person speaking French.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
I am English and have C1 and C2 in French and my other half who is French 100%. We went on holiday and even my other half had a few problems due to the accent and difference between French french and Quebec French, yep there are subtle difference.

The ordering of POUTINE for example our first night in Montreal will be forever remebered as the night of the two old ladies who served in the restaurant who my other half had to demand at least ten times to repeat whatever they said because we didn't understand. I didn't even try, I work with a lot of French people and speak 99% of my life in French, I couldn't understand one word that was coming out of her mouth!!! tabernacle I understood though, so I guess I understood one word after all...

After a few days though you get the hang of the accent, strangely enough I got it quicker than my other half, but then I speak to people everyday with accents.

Search youtube for videos of Québec people speaking French and compare it to a French person speaking French.
lol, that is tabarnak. Québecois use to say this word very frequently.

LEEVY

Nov 14, 2012
rjoyce said:
:) hello guys, i just want to ask how many months would it take before an invitation for interview will be sent to the applicant? or should i say, at approximately how many months after recieving the AOR?
thank you guys..
rjoyce your lucky dyn n papers mo anyway if u dont mine ask lng me.. kung bgbayad k thru credit card or bank draft?thnks best luck...\

guhazel

Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-July-2013
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2013
rjoyce said:
hello guhazel, dont worry, maybe your AOR is already on its way.. mine just arrived a week ago in my address, but its actually dated sept 9 on the paper. :)
I really hope so. I will now start checking the mail every day. :) Thank you!

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
grande_folie said:
lol, that is tabarnak. Québecois use to say this word very frequently.
yeah you are right :p

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
A couple of examples of difference in French and Québecois:

French - Maraîcher
Québecois - Fruiterie

French - Épicerie de nuit
Québecois - Dépanneur

French - Faire vos course
Québecois - Faire vos épiceries

There are also words that in France mean one thing and in Québecois means another.

In France we use the word GOSSE as a informal word for Enfant or child, but if you use this word in Québec it is speaking about testacles!!!

In Québecois the word TURLUTTE is used to descride a certain kind of song or music, in France it means Oral Sex.

We were quite shocked when we went to the Science Museum in Montréal to be confronted by a "Machine de Turlutte" evidently had to take a picture of me playing with the machine ;D

So if you get some funny looks, just check to make sure you haven't said something with another meaning!!!