IELTS : 5.5
French : Not Given
Spouse IELTS : 6
Spouse Edu : B.Sc (2yrs)
Spouse Age : 25yrs
Kid : 1 (2.5yrs)

smallwhale

Feb 24, 2010
I am sorry if this has been answered already. But I cannot really read all the pages of this thread to dig the answer.

I am planning to apply for Quebec PR before the current programs ends (on 31st July).
However I have no knowledge on French. I am eligible to apply even without claiming any
points in French.

After reading a few posts, I realized that in such circumstances I shall be called for an interview
for the final stage of the PR process. Shall I have to show my French knowledge in that interview
even though I did not claim any points in French. Is it even realistic to apply for Quebec PC without knowing
any French ?

Appreciate your help.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
smallwhale said:
I am sorry if this has been answered already. But I cannot really read all the pages of this thread to dig the answer.

I am planning to apply for Quebec PR before the current programs ends (on 31st July).
However I have no knowledge on French. I am eligible to apply even without claiming any
points in French.

After reading a few posts, I realized that in such circumstances I shall be called for an interview
for the final stage of the PR process. Shall I have to show my French knowledge in that interview
even though I did not claim any points in French. Is it even realistic to apply for Quebec PC without knowing
any French ?

Appreciate your help.
If your file meets the minimum required points to apply without french, then hurry up and apply before the deadline reaches.

After that, immediately enrol in intensive french classes or simply start learning french because you will OBVIOUSLY be called for interview to proof your french knowledge and mind you, you might even be required to proof a B2 at the interview. So you gotta lot of work to do, but apply first.

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Matt95 said:
Khan, Hi! just like to know where you got your TCFQ from? anywhere in South India?
I got it from Pakistan. But you can check Allaince Francaise website if they do so in South India.

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
QuebecPEQ said:
You think? Or will they retroactively check my TEFAQ grades and make sure I got B2? I got the impression that it was going to affect me when I submit my federal app.
Take a chill pill man............. You are way ahead to be affected by these changes....... you are already out of fire range..... just relax.......

gucci10

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
u118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2014
IELTS Request
submitted
Stylove said:
If your file meets the minimum required points to apply without french, then hurry up and apply before the deadline reaches.

After that, immediately enrol in intensive french classes or simply start learning french because you will OBVIOUSLY be called for interview to proof your french knowledge and mind you, you might even be required to proof a B2 at the interview. So you gotta lot of work to do, but apply first.
is the French exam really hard? how'd you get B1/C1? thanks!

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Check this out:

http://www.cicnews.com/2013/07/quebec-announces-major-immigration-programs-072652.html

vikastoj

Mar 1, 2013
Punjab, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
BACC-ans (U002)
App. Filed.......
Re-applied in 2 December 2016
Doc's Request.
Landing Fee. 16 March 2017
AOR Received.
23 February 2017
File Transfer...
VO New Delhi 15 March 2017
Med's Request
15-9-2017
Med's Done....
16-9-2017
swamik said:
Hi,

I got my AOR within 3 months and I have heard cases where CSQ was directly sent and in some cases AOR sent after 6 months, So you can wait for another 1 month and then check with BIQ Montreal. If you do not mind sharing ..What is the profession you are into ? if it is for AOT 12 / 16 points you may receive directly too.
Hi Swami

Thanks for your comments, please find my application profile

Education: 12 Master Degree (MBA in Sales & Marketing)
Area of Training: 12 (Business Management)
Work Experience: 08 9 Year in (Sales & Marketing)
Language 06 English
Spouse Education 03 Master (Government Teacher in English Subject)
Spouse Age 03 30 Year
Children 04 1 & half Year
Funds 01
TOTAL = 65

Please shear if you have any further information.

Thanks once again

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""These language rules will be effective for new applicants beginning August 1st, 2013. The rules will be effective retroactively for submitted files for which preliminary processing has not already begun. What constitutes ‘preliminary processing’ has not been made clear in the government’s announcement""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallwhale said:

points in French.

any French ?

Appreciate your help.
many of us in this forum have applied without any French point claims or minimal claim, however, we use the time before the interview to prepare French. None here, knows for sure if french will not be checked in the interview. But, to attempt to immigrate to Quebec, I would always want to be in the same plane as my places, which even the interviewing officer may desire to see. Hence prepare for French, in your spare time.

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Umer Shahzad said:
yes it means everyone is effective now

What constitutes ‘preliminary processing' has not been made clear in the government's announcement

Something to worry about.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikastoj said:
Hi Swami

Thanks for your comments, please find my application profile

Education: 12 Master Degree (MBA in Sales & Marketing)
Area of Training: 12 (Business Management)
Work Experience: 08 9 Year in (Sales & Marketing)
Language 06 English
Spouse Education 03 Master (Government Teacher in English Subject)
Spouse Age 03 30 Year
Children 04 1 & half Year
Funds 01
TOTAL = 65

Please shear if you have any further information.

Thanks once again
The reason I asked for AOT was to know if you are in a Priority list, with considerable french points. Anyways, my suggestion is to wait for a month and get in touch with them through phone.