+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
lemans207 said:
you got your CSQ,,,,, no worries, i
You think? Or will they retroactively check my TEFAQ grades and make sure I got B2? I got the impression that it was going to affect me when I submit my federal app.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
No it will not affect you. The rules changed many times since I got my CSQ and it did not affect me. You got your CSQ and you are done with provincial part of your application.

QuebecPEQ said:
You think? Or will they retroactively check my TEFAQ grades and make sure I got B2? I got the impression that it was going to affect me when I submit my federal app.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nouvelle pondération des langues

Voici les détails de la nouvelle pondération au niveau des compétences linguistiques qui seront dorénavant applicable:

Pour le français:

Requérant principale:

Compréhension orale : B2=5;C1=6;C2=7
Production orale: B2=5;C1=6;C2=7
Compréhension écrite : B2=1;C1=1;C2=1
Production écrite : B2=1;C1=1;C2=1

Conjoint:

Compréhension orale : B2=2;C1=3;C2=3
Production orale: B2=2;C1=3;C2=3

Pour l'anglais:

Compréhension orale : IELTS 5.0 à 7.5 = 1 ; IELTS 8.0 à 9.0 = 2
Production orale: IELTS 5.0 à 6.5 = 1 ; IELTS 7.0 à 9.0 = 2
Compréhension écrite : IELTS 4.0 à 9.0 = 1
Production écrite : IELTS 5.0 à 9.0 = 1

Source: http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=1&file=60019.PDF

ernie84

Jul 15, 2013
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
Geochaddy said:
Hi Ernie, my application was submitted on March 28 to the Montreal office. It was transferred the Mexico BIQ some time in April. I got my AOR on June 6 and I was charged the same day. So it seems that the card will be charged on the date of the AOR.

Thanks for the reply. I'm grateful. Were u also sent an email on the day your AOR was sent?

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
CSQ RECEIVED BUT APPLICATION RETURNED FROM SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA :(

I have sent my federal pkt with my CSQ to Sydney and they got it on April 30, 2013 and on May 24, 2013 (this is the date appearing on the response letter) they sent it back through normal post which i received today July 17, 2013, highlighting on the checklist form, item number 13 and 14 with marker and above it written spouse and children birth certificates do not have names of the spouse and children, and the official letter issued by them it says:

"Please see the highlighted items on the enclosed checklist or the enclosed appendix (this letter is appendix i guess). IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR SECONDARY SCHOOL RECORDS THAT INDICATE YOUR DATE OF BIRTH AND PARENTAGE, PLEASE PROVIDE AN AFFIDAVIT THAT HAS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1) NAME OF CLIENT.
2) DATE OF BIRTH OF CLIENT.
3) PARENTS NAMES (MOTHER, FATHER OR BOTH IS ACCEPTABLE)."
((here client is me and my kids))))

Now i am confused should i go ahead and try to add my kids names and my own name in the Birth certificates which will take a lot of time, 15-30 days OR go for affidavit from notary for kids names and attach with the same birth certificate and for me attach my secondary certificate with B.certificate which has my name, dob, father's name, it wont take more than 1 day. Guys serious suggestions...First time heard this reason or it depends officer to officer.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi thanks for the info.
Pls can u share the source of data?
grande_folie said:
Nouvelle pondération des langues

Voici les détails de la nouvelle pondération au niveau des compétences linguistiques qui seront dorénavant applicable:

Pour le français:

Requérant principale:

Compréhension orale : B2=5;C1=6;C2=7
Production orale: B2=5;C1=6;C2=7
Compréhension écrite : B2=1;C1=1;C2=1
Production écrite : B2=1;C1=1;C2=1

Conjoint:

Compréhension orale : B2=2;C1=3;C2=3
Production orale: B2=2;C1=3;C2=3

Pour l'anglais:

Compréhension orale : IELTS 5.0 à 7.5 = 1 ; IELTS 8.0 à 9.0 = 2
Production orale: IELTS 5.0 à 6.5 = 1 ; IELTS 7.0 à 9.0 = 2
Compréhension écrite : IELTS 4.0 à 9.0 = 1
Production écrite : IELTS 5.0 à 9.0 = 1

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&gpiType=N&file=NPI2011-010.pdf&eoq=36870

May 5, 2013
grande_folie said:
Mauritius is covered under BIQ paris. BIQ paris stopped accepting new applications few months ago, now all new applications will be sent to Montreal. It's mentioned in the link given below:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/dcs-travailleurs/index.html

"Toute nouvelle demande et toute correspondance doivent être envoyées à la Direction de l'immigration économique – Europe de l'Ouest et Afrique subsaharienne et non plus aux bureaux de Paris et de Bruxelles. "
Ok!!! thank you so much! all the best :)

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
francaispourquebec said:
Hi folks, had my CSQ interview in April, and my experience is very similar to one of the earlier posts. After about discussing for half hour or so, the interviewer decided that our French proficiency wasn't enough, but our application satisfied all other parameters. this was despite me being at A1, and my spouse at B1. We were asked to give TCF and submit the results within 6 months. So, luckily there was the next round of tests scheduled in May, and we took the chance. I could not believe my eyes when i got an A2. Will be interesting to see if they now consider our application....
Hi all, finally, we got our CSQ this week. Needless to say, we were so relieved....I had applied before Dec 2011, so it took us little less than 2 years to finally get it.....I cannot thank this forum enough...for it was from here, that I got most of the advice and info....

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
francaispourquebec said:
Hi all, finally, we got our CSQ this week. Needless to say, we were so relieved....I had applied before Dec 2011, so it took us little less than 2 years to finally get it.....I cannot thank this forum enough...for it was from here, that I got most of the advice and info....
Thanks for releiving us with this good news my friend. I wish you the best for the Federal part!

agatumwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2013
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
sent with App.
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, congs. Good luck in all your endeavours

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A

I have sent my federal pkt with my CSQ to Sydney and they got it on April 30, 2013 and on May 24, 2013 (this is the date appearing on the response letter) they sent it back through normal post which i received today July 17, 2013, highlighting on the checklist form, item number 13 and 14 with marker and above it written spouse and children birth certificates do not have names of the spouse and children, and the official letter issued by them it says:

"Please see the highlighted items on the enclosed checklist or the enclosed appendix (this letter is appendix i guess). IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR SECONDARY SCHOOL RECORDS THAT INDICATE YOUR DATE OF BIRTH AND PARENTAGE, PLEASE PROVIDE AN AFFIDAVIT THAT HAS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1) NAME OF CLIENT.

Now i am confused should i go ahead and try to add my kids names and my own name in the Birth certificates which will take a lot of time, 15-30 days OR go for affidavit from notary for kids names and attach with the same birth certificate and for me attach my secondary certificate with B.certificate which has my name, dob, father's name, it wont take more than 1 day. Guys serious suggestions...First time heard this reason or it depends officer to officer.

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
rohitchaudhary1976 said:

1) NAME OF CLIENT.

Dear Rohit, i think they have given you 60 days to provide all the documents ? if no, make affidavit and send them and write one letter and ask them "you need some time to make changes in birth certificate, in the mean time i am sending you this affidavit, will send you corrected birth certificate very soon".

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
kool_007dude said:
Dear Rohit, i think they have given you 60 days to provide all the documents ? if no, make affidavit and send them and write one letter and ask them "you need some time to make changes in birth certificate, in the mean time i am sending you this affidavit, will send you corrected birth certificate very soon".
Well thanks. But they did not give me 60 days, actually they returned the whole package, forms, fees, support docs as they say becz birth certificate don't have names so either birth certificate with names, secondary school certificate which has my name, father's name, dob, etc, or affidavit and i guess as kids are in primary classes so only affidavit will work but i have my SSC certificate so i will add that and start the process allover again with new fees cheque....