+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
MSFK said:
Dear Seniors,

Please Calculate my point

I have attempted Etefaq French and my score is CO 31 and EO 241 total 272.

How many points do i get for this.

This is electronic result.

Regards
I think that would be A1 (CO 31), B1 (EO 241)= 1+4 if you are the principal applicant

lor

Jul 3, 2013
dear seniors
wish to apply for the QSC for skilled workers.i actually reside in cameroon i do not know how to pay the required fees. As the said they do not accept cash payment.

Khodor

Jul 2, 2013
Hello,

I'm currently applying from Lebanon,
There's a new rule requiring documents to be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs, do they mean all documents (Original, Certified, Photocopy) or only Certified True Copies?

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Credit card or a demand draft should do. Stylove????
lor said:
dear seniors
wish to apply for the QSC for skilled workers.i actually reside in cameroon i do not know how to pay the required fees. As the said they do not accept cash payment.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Today I finally received an e-mail from professional order with clarification on my prospective enrollment. I've previsously posted that the letter of eligibility I received is valid for a maximum of two years. My question was what if overall CSQ + fed process takes more than that, and by the time of my landing it can expire. Also, if I enroll and become a member right now it might accelerate immigration process as well. Here's the response:

Don't worry, your letter of eligibility will be valid as long as you maintain your competencies in chemistry.
You paid 125 $ for the current letter which covers the enrolment fees for the next 2 years. After two years it means that you will have to pay the regular fees for your enrolment.
Regards!
It says that actually there's no problem with expiry date. The difference would be extra fees associated with a delay of 2+ years. So, I've just updated my CSQ file with an eligibility letter and that's it at this point.

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Janki said:
Do anyone know what are the chances of getting rejected after getting file no.
After getting file no. if they find any missing documents related to education or anything then do they reject file or they will ask for it?
There are no chance of rejection if u are full filling there requirements. If u miss any document then they will ask u not reject ur file !! to reject ur file they should have strong reason for this !! so dont worry :D

Geochaddy

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013 at BIQ Montreal
Nomination.....
12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived
Ketevan said:
Exactly. BIQ doubted that I worked as auditor as I do not have accounting background. So they asked me during the interview questions on this.
Hi Ketevan, base on your timeline I see that you have landed in Quebec can you share experience. What is it like so far? Have you found a job already? How was/is the job hunting? How easy was it to find housing etc. please share. Thanks.

Geochaddy

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Hi Geochaddy,

It is easy to find housing - just watch kijiji.com and phone the numbers to view the flat.
I was working 2 months in call centre but quit because you get almost a minimum wage pay, almost zero respect from clients and constant pressure to make sales. I am going home this sunday and not sure whether I should come back.

I am fully bilingual, hold PhD from UK, yet am rejected even for bank cashier posts. So far I see only two ways - either work in minimum wage service jobs for the rest of life or study from the beginning with no guarantee to get job at the end.

The moral: think twice before quitting your job and boarding your flight 8)

Geochaddy said:
Hi Ketevan, base on your timeline I see that you have landed in Quebec can you share experience. What is it like so far? Have you found a job already? How was/is the job hunting? How easy was it to find housing etc. please share. Thanks.

Geochaddy

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:
Hi Geochaddy,

It is easy to find housing - just watch kijiji.com and phone the numbers to view the flat.
I was working 2 months in call centre but quit because you get almost a minimum wage pay, almost zero respect from clients and constant pressure to make sales. I am going home this sunday and not sure whether I should come back.

I am fully bilingual, hold PhD from UK, yet am rejected even for bank cashier posts. So far I see only two ways - either work in minimum wage service jobs for the rest of life or study from the beginning with no guarantee to get job at the end.

applicants were waiting around 4-6 years for visa to find their dream was not real, its not a land of opportunities as they say...

maybe you must be blond with blue eyes ?

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Ketevan said:
Hi Geochaddy,

Ketevan i feel sorry for your situation, but is your profession not regulated in Quebec?

As far as i know, it is not as if international credentials are not considered in Quebec/Canada, but there is a service called Comparative Evaluation which compares your international credentials with Quebec credentials, and makes you to be eligible to get registration into a professional order, which inturn asks for other documents and possibly a licensure exam, after which you are issued a license to practice in your ORIGINALLY TRAINED profession.

Have you tried that?

rao_ashraf

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
LVO
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011 MI2
Nomination.....
In process July 2012
Med's Request
DEC 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Passport Req..
Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 10, 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014 Inshallah

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
guyz....i found one link to track ur file http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/quebec-skilled-workers...kindly check and let us know its correct or not!!

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
kool_007dude said:
guyz....i found one link to track ur file trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/quebec-skilled-workers...kindly check and let us know its correct or not!!
It's just a spreadsheet created by a member of that Immigration Forum that allows those who are on THAT FORUM to insert their infos for each other's monitoring. There are several of those on this forum esp for FSW 2013. It is not an official tracking software from MICC

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Ketevan said:
Hi Geochaddy,

Ketevan,

That's incredible how things go. I'm really sorry to hear that you're returning back. You felt quite motivated when you went in person to show your degrees when submitting docs for comparative evaluation. That's a shame that in fact this evaluation worth nothing but it takes a very long time to get it. There's no guarantees anywhere in terms of jobs. I bet nobody would last call center job with disrespectful clients, and it's not a long-term solution. It's a pity that you didn't get a community college faculty position in economics. That would have been a right start. I would suggest you to go for academics to land a first job offer but it most likely requires a license and foreign degree accreditation like in the US.
Anyway, I wish you success in landing a good offer, and if you decided to return back that might be a better solution in a current situation.

sandhubajwa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 2008
Med's Request
26/10/2013
Med's Done....
29/10/2013
Interview........
28-03-2012
Passport Req..
18-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Janki said:
BSC Chemistry from Gujarat University, MSC Chemistry from Dr. C.V.Raman University, WHY?
becoz my sis has also done bsc chemistry hons from gndu. What job exp you have? Plz suggest can she apply?