+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the points weren't enough, so he gave them chance to improve and get more points, 100%

harit79 said:
Congratulations for getting A2. What minimum level they asked for during the interview?
Are they looking for TCF A2 for both?

I hope you will get CSQ soon.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
harit79 said:
Congratulations for getting A2. What minimum level they asked for during the interview?
Are they looking for TCF A2 for both?

I hope you will get CSQ soon.
I had shown minimum level of proficiency in the application, and my wife had DELF B1 certificates to show. I only had a certificate from a language institute showing a 6 week course that I had taken just before the interview. Clearly, that wasn't enough. To me, he did specifically mention that he expects A2 because I was the principal applicant. For my spouse, he said he's fine with any level...This indicates that those of you having an interview in the coming weeks, its safer to be at-least an A2

human_forever

Feb 5, 2009
francaispourquebec said:
I had shown minimum level of proficiency in the application, and my wife had DELF B1 certificates to show. I only had a certificate from a language institute showing a 6 week course that I had taken just before the interview. Clearly, that wasn't enough. To me, he did specifically mention that he expects A2 because I was the principal applicant. For my spouse, he said he's fine with any level...This indicates that those of you having an interview in the coming weeks, its safer to be at-least an A2
From where did you apply?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
francaispourquebec said:
Hi folks, had my CSQ interview in April, and my experience is very similar to one of the earlier posts. After about discussing for half hour or so, the interviewer decided that our French proficiency wasn't enough, but our application satisfied all other parameters. this was despite me being at A1, and my spouse at B1. We were asked to give TCF and submit the results within 6 months. So, luckily there was the next round of tests scheduled in May, and we took the chance. I could not believe my eyes when i got an A2. Will be interesting to see if they now consider our application....

Those of you in a similar boat, take TCF immediately if they ask you to, as this test definitely seems manageable.

Has anyone with a similar experience already sent the TCF results? If yes, did you send the original's/cover letter etc, and how long did it take to receive the csq?
Hello,

When did you apply ? before December 2011 or after that ?

Thank you in advance.

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi everyone, has anyone who applied in march received AOR yet? I mean everyone in the non priority. My AOT is accounting. I keep checking my credit card if there's been a debit initiated I can't find any, I called micc 2 weeks ago. The guy couldn't find any file opened, he says to wait for 4 to 6 months. Is this th case for most of us?.

Pak_UK

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Monteal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Master7 said:
Hello Pak_UK,

I feel obliged to ask you to confirm if what you received was indeed an AOR, from experience I can say that many people in this forum have misinterpreted themselves and confused AOR with just a delivery confirmation, I am sorry I have to ask this but unless you are already in Quebec with a job offer from a high demand industry, there is no way you could have gotten AOR in a little over a month. If so congratulations!! consider yourself very,very lucky!

Hi Master7,

Yes... I have recieved AOR (acceptance of reciept) which states that my file has been opened at Western Europe Division of the Ministry of Immigration; it also states the individual refernce and file number... starting with PA (I think that stands for PARIS).... I am in UK... and dont have any job offer from quebec... athough I have both degrees (1, computer science and 2,finance/accounting) and have 6 years of experience in Banking... I have applied under computrer science / IT category....

My question remained the same... what if I get the interview invitation ... how much time will be given to prepare for it... just in case if I get one...??

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Pak_UK said:
Hi Master7,

Yes... I have recieved AOR (acceptance of reciept) which states that my file has been opened at Western Europe Division of the Ministry of Immigration; it also states the individual refernce and file number... starting with PA (I think that stands for PARIS).... I am in UK... and dont have any job offer from quebec... athough I have both degrees (1, computer science and 2,finance/accounting) and have 6 years of experience in Banking... I have applied under computrer science / IT category....

My question remained the same... what if I get the interview invitation ... how much time will be given to prepare for it... just in case if I get one...??
Glad to hear it is indeed AOR what you received. Paris is the fastest and most efficient office in the world, lucky you!

whether you are called for an interview or not depends largely on your level of French and points accrued. How many points did you calculate yourself? did you submit French proficiency test? if so what is your level?

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharptooth said:
anyone who got aor or any message from biq after sending new demand draft with the letter mentioning that the previous one had expired
plz anyone here in a similar situation

LailaDulos

May 8, 2013
Got our CSQ last Nov 2012. we were interviewed in HK. Since my husband is a nurse, the interviewer ask him if he knows the hospitals and the 2 more hospitals coming in 2014. we did not submit any French exams. we onlu submitted our proof of enrolment in Alliance Francaise Singapour. His French was not good at the time of the interview. the officer ask him in French where does he work and he cant answer. the officer got angry and kept telling him that he was not yet ready. we thought we won't get our csq but we still got it. Thank God. :D

Well I guess if it's really for u, it will be yours. :)

Good Luck!

Anybody here processing their visa in Singapore VIsa Office?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats the point they only want nurse ;) ask your husband to take care of us when we land, and keep us posted which hospital :p

someone last time posted singapor VO, I am not sure who

LailaDulos said:
Got our CSQ last Nov 2012. we were interviewed in HK. Since my husband is a nurse, the interviewer ask him if he knows the hospitals and the 2 more hospitals coming in 2014. we did not submit any French exams. we onlu submitted our proof of enrolment in Alliance Francaise Singapour. His French was not good at the time of the interview. the officer ask him in French where does he work and he cant answer. the officer got angry and kept telling him that he was not yet ready. we thought we won't get our csq but we still got it. Thank God. :D

Well I guess if it's really for u, it will be yours. :)

Good Luck!

Anybody here processing their visa in Singapore VIsa Office?

luckystar123

Apr 19, 2012
Hi all

I have BS computer science (4 Years degree)

I work as 2 years as a Network engineer and 6 years as IT instructor. Spouse IELTS available My IELTS 6.5 preparing for TEF.

Could I apply for Quebec as Skilled Worker? How many points do I need and what is the minmum points grid?

do I qualify to apply before 31 july 2013?

Thanks

krishhmurali

May 14, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-July-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Feb-2016/ submitted 25 - Apr -2016
Nomination.....
Not Yet
AOR Received.
23-oct-2013
IELTS Request
submitted along with application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
luckystar123 said:
Hi all

I have BS computer science (4 Years degree)

I work as 2 years as a Network engineer and 6 years as IT instructor. Spouse IELTS available My IELTS 6.5 preparing for TEF.

Could I apply for Quebec as Skilled Worker? How many points do I need and what is the minmum points grid?

do I qualify to apply before 31 july 2013?

Thanks
hi you ll be scoring 6 pts for ur AoT .. and you cannot apply till 31st july ,, you can apply after 31st july provided if they accept applications with 6 pts in AoT

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
krishhmurali said:
hi you ll be scoring 6 pts for ur AoT .. and you cannot apply till 31st july ,, you can apply after 31st july provided if they accept applications with 6 pts in AoT
If you have 6 points in the AOt you can apply before the 31st July.

"Vous ou votre conjoint qui vous accompagne détenez un diplôme d’un établissement d’enseignement dans un domaine qui vous permet d’obtenir 6, 12 ou 16 points au critère domaine de formation de la grille de sélection des travailleurs qualifiés (voir Liste des domaines de formation permettant d’obtenir 6 points à la grille de sélection (PDF, 37 Ko) et Liste des domaines de formation permettant d’obtenir 12 ou 16 points à la grille de sélection (PDF, 34 Ko)). Le nombre d’années d’études requis pour l’obtention de votre diplôme doit être au moins égal au nombre d’années requis pour l’obtention d’un tel diplôme au Québec. Ce diplôme a été obtenu moins de cinq ans avant la date de présentation de votre demande. Si non, vous devez avoir exercé une profession dans un domaine relié à ce diplôme pendant au moins un an, à temps plein, au cours des cinq ans qui précèdent la présentation de votre demande."

Translation of the first part:

Your or your partner who is accompanying you holds a diploma from a teaching establishment in a domaine which allows you to obtain 6, 12 or 16 points in the training skills grill.