+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
darshmodi said:
Dear Friends

i wanted to know that if some one has recently given TCFQ exam...

As i am planning to appear for the same in July 2013..

So request you to share your experience like speaking questions and listening as well

pls share

thanks and regards
Take DELF exam as it is the most preferred exam and easier than TCFQ and level based exams whereas TCF/TCFQ are exam's just like IELTS. You will get score as per your performance and these exams cover question's of each level of difficulty

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
red_leaf said:
guys please do help me..i really need some advice..

I am planning to apply for QSW since i am not qualified anymore for fsw. My.concern is

1. Is it safe to lodge my QSW application even if i dont have french exam yet? My friend who applied last year submitted only a chertificate from the french school that he enrolled in. Recently he took the tefaq and is still.waiting for the result. Now he is already scheduled for interview on the 29th.

2. or should i take my french exam first, wait for the result and send my result together with my application? It would.really take a lot of time.since i dont really have any background in french.my concern is maybe it would be too late by the time my french diploma.is ready.maybe by then my profession is not qualified anymore.

Any input i greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I understand the way you have phrased your question that your occupation was previously listed in the federal program and now its no longer there. So you want to apply for Quebec as your occupation is fetching you a minimum 6 points. Note if you can't claim a minimum of 6 points in area of training in the current rules then your file will be returned back.

First of all, I have seen somewhere on this website that current Quebec rules have been extended till 31st of July, but please try to find the source/link yourself. So you have under 3.5 months time to apply under the current Quebec rules.

Second, check if you qualify under the existing rules and assess how many points you can claim. And yes you don't necessarily need to have French certificate included with your application in the current rules.

Third, call up French language examination centre and find out when is the next available slot for you to register your exam and how long will it take to get the result after you have appeared for exam. This time frame + time for postal delivery to BIQ should be less than 3.5 month.

If you have no background on French language and you fear that your profession will taken out from the Quebec list as well then better apply asap. Its not easy to learn a new language and score high in your exam in such a short duration. Language is passion for some and hassle for others to learn, so its entirely up to you.

Your occupation may or may not be listed after 31 July and equally it could be listed but may fetch you more points or less points. So its just a matter of chance. But one strong advise is if your Area of training is fetching you 12 or 16 points then don't wait for anything just apply and later update your French language proficiency.

Also I have heard that Quebec may put more emphasis on French language from next session. So even if you score an average score your score will be in their lowest band. To sum up, if I were you I would have applied yesterday but that's just me.

Hope you know what to do next!!!

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
Hey unlimited,

Could you please send me a copy of DELF or other French language material if you have one. Much appreciate it!!!!

Email: maaz.baig@hotmail.com

red_leaf

Apr 20, 2013
tubelight said:
I understand the way you have phrased your question that your occupation was previously listed in the federal program and now its no longer there. So you want to apply for Quebec as your occupation is fetching you a minimum 6 points. Note if you can't claim a minimum of 6 points in area of training in the current rules then your file will be returned back.

First of all, I have seen somewhere on this website that current Quebec rules have been extended till 31st of July, but please try to find the source/link yourself. So you have under 3.5 months time to apply under the current Quebec rules.

Second, check if you qualify under the existing rules and assess how many points you can claim. And yes you don't necessarily need to have French certificate included with your application in the current rules.

Third, call up French language examination centre and find out when is the next available slot for you to register your exam and how long will it take to get the result after you have appeared for exam. This time frame + time for postal delivery to BIQ should be less than 3.5 month.

If you have no background on French language and you fear that your profession will taken out from the Quebec list as well then better apply asap. Its not easy to learn a new language and score high in your exam in such a short duration. Language is passion for some and hassle for others to learn, so its entirely up to you.

Your occupation may or may not be listed after 31 July and equally it could be listed but may fetch you more points or less points. So its just a matter of chance. But one strong advise is if your Area of training is fetching you 12 or 16 points then don't wait for anything just apply and later update your French language proficiency.

Also I have heard that Quebec may put more emphasis on French language from next session. So even if you score an average score your score will be in their lowest band. To sum up, if I were you I would have applied yesterday but that's just me.

Hope you know what to do next!!!

Thanks Tubelight for the reply. I've got 12 on the area of training. After assessment i believe i have 50 points before french. So i will be needing 5 points more. Ill will be taking A2 and guess i jave to do it fast. thanks so much.God bless!

lounch23

Nov 20, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Feb. 27, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello guys,
I need help, please if you have materials for french exam. My email is lounch23@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
shootingstar said:
TCF Quebec or TEFaQ tests. I had DELF results, he insisted on TCF and said we are ready for the CSQ but he would need a TCF result from both of us. Tests is not mandatory for those of us who have applied before Dec 5, 2011, this officer was mean and unfriendly. He said that was the only reason and your profile is otherwise great(he actually used these words)

Has anyone taken TCF ? Any tips?
Shootingstar,

Sorry for the delays but I will still congratulate you because you are there already and you will have your CSQ in hand soon. I have personally wondered why QSW applicants take pains to sit for DELF exams when the TCFQ is far easier to pass. My wife and I sat for our TCFQ exams with just about two months French study with a home tutor who visit for about two hours on weekends only, I had a B1 and A2 while my wife had A2 and A1, I can't remember well the combinations/details of the scores. I will encourage you to prepare for the exams as much as you can and God will crown your effort, the A2 can't be too difficult to attain.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
islandbabe said:
Here is an unusual question...the opinions of all would be appreciated....If a person is successful in their FSW application can they THEN chose to land in Quebec????? Is this allowed? or will they have to still seek approval from Quebec?

Thanks
I know of a recently landed FSW immigrant that is currently relocated and settled in Montreal, Quebec and he is even studying French with the MICC French programme, also getting equal treatment as other CSQ holders, but the question about landing in Quebec is something am not too sure about because in the past it was commonly advised that FSW immigrants shouldn't process their landing documentation in Quebec (meaning FSW immigrants can't land in Quebec) but I have recently witnessed a few FSW immigrants do their landing documentation in Montreal before proceeding to their final destination in Canada.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merci 4glory

4glory said:
I know of a recently landed FSW immigrant that is currently relocated and settled in Montreal, Quebec and he is even studying French with the MICC French programme, also getting equal treatment as other CSQ holders, but the question about landing in Quebec is something am not too sure about because in the past it was commonly advised that FSW immigrants shouldn't process their landing documentation in Quebec (meaning FSW immigrants can't land in Quebec) but I have recently witnessed a few FSW immigrants do their landing documentation in Montreal before proceeding to their final destination in Canada.

cvrats13

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sg-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-4-13
AOR Received.
24-07-13
If nurse is not included in FSW NOC still can apply for QSW? As after QSW still need to go through federal application right?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
4glory said:
Shootingstar,

Sorry for the delays but I will still congratulate you because you are there already and you will have your CSQ in hand soon. I have personally wondered why QSW applicants take pains to sit for DELF exams when the TCFQ is far easier to pass. My wife and I sat for our TCFQ exams with just about two months French study with a home tutor who visit for about two hours on weekends only, I had a B1 and A2 while my wife had A2 and A1, I can't remember well the combinations/details of the scores. I will encourage you to prepare for the exams as much as you can and God will crown your effort, the A2 can't be too difficult to attain.
4glory, your words made me day! Thank you so much. God Bless. Seriously, I've been losing more sleep over this than my interview itself.
Well, I just looked up dates in my city and registered. We have an exam is about 40 days from now. The other is 6 months away, so we chose this. I hear conflicting information on whether DELF or TCFQ is easy. I have given DELF B1 and B2 and I found them easy. I hope the TCFQ is not bad too!
My husband needs an A2 and I need to keep hold of my B2 level (well, he said B1 will be ok too for me). Do you think it will be possible to attain A2 in a month's time? I can definitely guide my husband and we are planning to arrange a tutor too, something like your situation (weeknds only).

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
That is correct. Well, language tests seem to be important. In my case, I feel if we had both submitted IELTS and TCFQ tests, the interview would have been waived. So the bottom line is "SUBMIT TEST RESULTS for English and French".

and I applied in August 2011 (old rules)

signalmaker said:
Dears,

I was looking now in another forum called trackitt.com, and i found several cases like the case of Shooting star.

I am afraid this is what is going on nowadays.

Unless if shooting star and the other cases were for those who applied on the old systems before..

What i know is that points you get as soon as you get the File number are those that you will get in the interview, why do they recalculate points again then ??

And why they ask for another dimploms of DELF for B1 or B2 if someone can pass on A2 for example and already got file number on that basis ...

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Hello Friends,

As many of you know - I recently attended the CSQ interview (feel free to ask me questions about the interview here or by PM) and I have been asked to submit TCFQ results. MY level, according to DELF is B2 and I have the certificate. My Husband is somewhat of a beginner (a1). He needs to reach A2 level in the TCFQ and I need a B1.

I studied French in School and College and so picked it up at an early age. However, my husband is learning French exclusively for CSQ/immigration. Now, my question is, do you think it will be enough to work hard over the next one month and sit for the TCFQ so that he can get A2? We have one TCF test in 40 days and the next one is after 6 months. We have only 6 months time on-hand(as per the officer). Not much choice here interms of time, so we registered for the upcoming test in 40 days.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
shootingstar said:
Hello Friends,

As many of you know - I recently attended the CSQ interview (feel free to ask me questions about the interview here or by PM) and I have been asked to submit TCFQ results. MY level, according to DELF is B2 and I have the certificate. My Husband is somewhat of a beginner (a1). He needs to reach A2 level in the TCFQ and I need a B1.

I studied French in School and College and so picked it up at an early age. However, my husband is learning French exclusively for CSQ/immigration. Now, my question is, do you think it will be enough to work hard over the next one month and sit for the TCFQ so that he can get A2? We have one TCF test in 40 days and the next one is after 6 months. We have only 6 months time on-hand(as per the officer). Not much choice here interms of time, so we registered for the upcoming test in 40 days.
I was told by my AF professor in my country that exams within the same letter (A1-A2) or (B1,B2) are basically the same degree of difficulty they are just longer, the challenge comes when you want to upgrade a whole letter, then it becomes more difficult, if your husband studies hard but I really mean it, at least 1 hour a day, (you speak better French than him so you can help him practice) I don´t see why he can´t score an A2. I have my TCFaQ on May 13th so I will tell you how it went :)