+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so delf is no longer valid which is indicated in the micc guidelines.

Proficiency in French and English

Skilled worker candidates (principal claimants and spouses) who wish to obtain points for their French proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their immigration application the results of a French evaluation test issued by one of the two organizations recognized by the Ministère, specifically:

the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris (CCIP);
the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP);
the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;
the Test de connaissance du français (TCF) of the CIEP;
the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;
the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) of the CIEP.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Joidple,

It would be useful to hear from other persons who submitted DELF results and interviewed about the same time to see if indeed it is a policy change or just a really mean immigration officer.

joidiple said:

Skilled worker candidates (principal claimants and spouses) who wish to obtain points for their French proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their immigration application the results of a French evaluation test issued by one of the two organizations recognized by the Ministère, specifically:

the Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris (CCIP);
the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d'études pédagogiques (CIEP);
the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;
the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;

sujaarun

Apr 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0, DELF A1 submitted with application
Infact I was going through some blogs about TEF tests etc.
Please see this link about someone's experience. This is not for quebec though.

searhc for the blog - Ma Nouvelle Vie en France - My New Life in France
She has referred two books that helped her prepare for this.

Thanks.
Suja
islandbabe said:
@ Joidple,

It would be useful to hear from other persons who submitted DELF results and interviewed about the same time to see if indeed it is a policy change or just a really mean immigration officer.

sujaarun

Apr 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0, DELF A1 submitted with application
The title is again
All About the French exam test TEF (Test d'Evaluation de Francais).

sujaarun said:
Infact I was going through some blogs about TEF tests etc.
Please see this link about someone's experience. This is not for quebec though.

searhc for the blog - Ma Nouvelle Vie en France - My New Life in France
She has referred two books that helped her prepare for this.

Thanks.
Suja

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
islandbabe said:
Hi Shooting Star,

I think that you are right , they were hard on you because they had made up their minds already. So you basically know what you need to do to get your CSQ, if so unfortunate that they didn't tell you this before. Because they are basically saying the DELF is useless and they are really sticking out for the French no matter what the "requirements" are....BECAUSE the requirements STILL do not say that you must have any French at all! So now I am wondering if I should do any DELF at all or just do the TEF which if only offered in January in my country.....what a long wait!.

I really appreciate your post though. Thank you.
You can do DELF now, later give TCFQ.TEFQ too. Well, all this is a lot of money, which is what frustrates me.

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
islandbabe said:
@ Joidple,

I don't think they have any excuse for not accepting your French test while in fact it is officially declared by them that it is one of the acceptable tests.

mayingdts

Mar 26, 2013
I think it is odd that nearly all of you submitted delf of dalf instead of tefaq or tcfaq. as a matter of fact, Chinese candidate do submit the certificates of tefaq or tcfaq. I have never heard that any chinese candidate took the examination of delf of dalf.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
sujaarun said:
Shootingstar

I am shocked to hear this. Even I have submitted DELF that too A1. Does this mean that DELF is no longer accepted. Did u try speaking in French to the officer?

Thanks
I'm not sure if DELF is no longer accepted or whether this is specific to my case. the officer made it clear that " I will talk in English and later we can test French". Well, he just asked three questions in French, I'm not sure how he can assess level with that. He did not want us to answer in French, he said " Let's speak in English". MY French was indeed very good, I am a B2 speaker with many years f French experience from high school. I would be ok if he asked my spouse to give TEF because my spouse is a beginner but I don't understand why I need to give the tests, very unfair I would say because I could have completed the whole interview in French!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
alq814 said:
I know that the result of your recent interview was not something you look forward too, however, on a positive note...at least the officer gave you 6 months to submit french test result. You said, you already took DELF before, so i assume you only need a refresher course or review then go ahead and take TEFAQ (which is specific for Quebec applicants) asap and mail the test result/certificate as soon as you got it....and pray that the officer is true to his words about giving you the CSQ once you submit the TEFAQ A2 certificate. Best of luck ;)
Well, my DELF is B2 which means I will most likely attain B2 in TCf/TEF too. My spouse is A1, so it might be hard for him to come up to A2 levels in that time. he gave us a written letter saying, once we submit scores, the CSQ will be mailed to us.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mayingdts said:
it will be sure that you will get your csqs! To a candidate who obtain DELF B2, getting a result of A2 of TEF for quebec or TCF for quebec is quite easy! Your know, in China, most of candidates reach that score. so take it easy.

By the way, what is DELF? And how you get your classification of DELF A1/A2/B1..../C2?
What do you mean by "in china most have this score"?

Well, I think everyone has misunderstood my post. Let me clarify.

Main applicant DELF A1 - needs TCF/TEF A2
Spouse DELF B2 - needs TCF/TEF B1/B2.

The challenge here is A2 for my husband.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
This is what I though too, infact DELF is way harder than TCF.

joidiple said:

the Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Paris (CCIP);
the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d'études pédagogiques (CIEP);
the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;
the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
kumarbadalabad said:
I don't think they have any excuse for not accepting your French test while in fact it is officially declared by them that it is one of the acceptable tests.
I agree, I did not want to argue with the official. Do you have any suggestions on next steps?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mayingdts said:
I think it is odd that nearly all of you submitted delf of dalf instead of tefaq or tcfaq. as a matter of fact, Chinese candidate do submit the certificates of tefaq or tcfaq. I have never heard that any chinese candidate took the examination of delf of dalf.
Well, DELF is also officially accepted.

mayingdts

Mar 26, 2013
shootingstar said:
The challenge here is A2 for my husband.
yes, 6 month is not quite enough for your husband to get A2 ... bonne chance, bon courage...
But considering I don't know if your total points are 63 or above, I cant say this result is unfair to you. You know, to your husband, the principal candidate, 2 a1 make 2 points. To you, 2 b2 make 4 points. So the sum is 2+4=6 points. By contrast, to your husband, 2 a2 will be 6 points! So, I guess that maybe your current total point is 61 or 62 that is very close but not attain 63 points. And that's the reason why that guy order you to take a exam of tefaq/tcfaq