20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
Stylove said:
According to my understanding, the AOT of the principal applicant is not amongst the Skilled AOTs presently permitted to submit CSQ applications.......since it is well precised on their website that CERTAIN skilled jobs are not permitted to submit applications until March 31st 2013 which was further postponed to July 31st this year.

We still don't know if his AOT will be permitted to apply by July, so the best advice according to me now is to switch, and give your wife as Principal Applicant since at least some points were awarded for her AOT, and then update the file with French after submission.

Hope a bit clearer
Thanks for your advice.

As my understanding, when I am submitting without French, we can not update French???

In such case, do you think we have any chance to be selected if we have 65 pts? Remember that the principal's French is counted as ZERO.
i

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YES YOU CAN SUBMIT FRENCH AT A LATER DATE.

canadachocaccon said:
Thanks for your advice.

As my understanding, when I am submitting without French, we can not update French???

In such case, do you think we have any chance to be selected if we have 65 pts? Remember that the principal's French is counted as ZERO.
i

canadachocaccon

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
islandbabe said:
YES YOU CAN SUBMIT FRENCH AT A LATER DATE.
As I remember, when we submit application, we should stick the box "Je ne soumets pas d'attestation de resultats pour mes competences linguistiques en francais". If we have not attestation, and we don't stick on that box, our documents are also returned.

lounch23

Nov 20, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Feb. 27, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Soon
Bonjour!

I am a nurse from the philippines, married. I sent my application last Sept. 29, and received my AOR last Feb 18. I got a total points of 63, may I ask if I still need a diploma for delf A2 even if I already got the minimum points required. Thank you so much.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Stylove said:
According to my understanding, the AOT of the principal applicant is not amongst the Skilled AOTs presently permitted to submit CSQ applications.......since it is well precised on their website that CERTAIN skilled jobs are not permitted to submit applications until March 31st 2013 which was further postponed to July 31st this year.

We still don't know if his AOT will be permitted to apply by July, so the best advice according to me now is to switch, and give your wife as Principal Applicant since at least some points were awarded for her AOT, and then update the file with French after submission.

Hope a bit clearer
If by switching to make your wife a principal applicant you would still have the total points then it is ok. ( assuming that that was the reason as they sujjested )

and about your Question about french you can update as long as you are already accepted and have file number, but you cannot ASSUME points for it..

canadachocaccon

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
signalmaker said:
If by switching to make your wife a principal applicant you would still have the total points then it is ok. ( assuming that that was the reason as they sujjested )

and about your Question about french you can update as long as you are already accepted and have file number, but you cannot ASSUME points for it..
Yeah, we are not sure about the reason...so...

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
lounch23 said:
Bonjour!

I am a nurse from the philippines, married. I sent my application last Sept. 29, and received my AOR last Feb 18. I got a total points of 63, may I ask if I still need a diploma for delf A2 even if I already got the minimum points required. Thank you so much.
Hey there,
As a nurse, and with the threshold points already attained, you should be selected as priority, and probably without french.......but to be sure and confident that your file's gonna be treated as priority, just try to do some French even A1 and update your file with, which will also obviously act as an Interview waiver.

Good luck!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
canadachocaccon said:
Yeah, we are not sure about the reason...so...
what was your AOT, are you sure it was listed ? and what is that one for your wife ?

mayingdts

Mar 26, 2013
bon jous ,

Did anyone having applied to HongKong office receive the require of interview recently? any forwards information? the process is sooo slow in biq of HK that I'm half of crazy :-[

canadachocaccon

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
signalmaker said:
what was your AOT, are you sure it was listed ? and what is that one for your wife ?
My partner's AOT is information systems. But it is PhD degree. I don't know if PhD may be a problem while his BA and master is related to telecommunication.

Another question about cover letter. Usually, do we need to include a cover letter in our documents?

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
mayingdts said:
bon jous ,

Did anyone having applied to HongKong office receive the require of interview recently? any forwards information? the process is sooo slow in biq of HK that I'm half of crazy :-[
I am answering your question assuming that you have applied to Quebec recently.

If you are referring to AOR then most of us are still waiting. I applied to BIQ Hongkong in Sept 2012 and hopeful of receiving AOR in a month or two. Also all recent BIQ Hongkong application are now transferred to BIQ Montreal.

But if you are referring to the interview itself then almost everyone has to attend the interview unless your profession is fetching you 12 or 16 points on area of training and that you have a high proficiency in French language. Another option of having the interview waived off is that you have a job offer from a Quebec employer.

I suspect to get to the interview stage you may have to wait 18-24 months depending from where you are applying from. And another 6-12 months for the federal part. So all in all 2-3 years from the time of your application provided everything goes smoothly or if they fastrack the application process.

Hope I have answered your question!!!

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are there non-priority January-June 2011 applicants here? were you called for interview or at least shortlist for interview or any call from BIQ-hongkong?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
canadachocaccon said:
My partner's AOT is information systems. But it is PhD degree. I don't know if PhD may be a problem while his BA and master is related to telecommunication.

Another question about cover letter. Usually, do we need to include a cover letter in our documents?
Who is the Principal applicant, and the AOT at which you applied, were you sure that this AOT is from the domains needed ?

tmt161

Apr 15, 2013
Hi all,
Please i need an answer because i cant sleep
I sent my file to quebec in 19/2/2013 but with the attestation de reussite of the delf, not the deplome, and i read here that my file will return back to me because i sent the attestation not the deplome, but nothing new from quebec tell now, so if they want to return my file back how long it takes, i think if they will return a file they do that without processing so why tell now they did not send anything ?
Your advice please

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
tmt161 said:
Hi all,
Please i need an answer because i cant sleep
I sent my file to quebec in 19/2/2013 but with the attestation de reussite of the delf, not the deplome, and i read here that my file will return back to me because i sent the attestation not the deplome, but nothing new from quebec tell now, so if they want to return my file back how long it takes, i think if they will return a file they do that without processing so why tell now they did not send anything ?
Your advice please
I think I have bad news for you, this is from the actual, official immigration rules, GPI-3-1:

"Les relevés de résultats d'une session DELF ou DALF ne sont pas acceptés comme preuve de compétence en français. Pour faire valoir des résultats obtenus aux épreuves du DELF ou du DALF, il est nécessaire de produire un exemplaire de diplôme émis par la Commission nationale du DELF-DALF."

Or in english:

"The results of a survey of DELF or DALF session are not accepted as proof of competence in French. To enforce the results for the DELF or DALF, it is necessary to produce a copy of diploma from the National Commission for DELF-DALF."

Also many people stated in this forum, that their docs were returned to them, when sent with the attestation of DELF only... :(