+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

jeffh1687

Dec 6, 2012
I don't mean to spam, but I've not heard from anyone re my question. So I am posting this question again, and hopefully someone has an answer.

I got my CSQ in Atlanta in December 2012, and have sent my application for the federal process to Sydney in early March. But now, a month has passed and I still haven't heard anything from Sydney. Is this normal? Is there a tel number in Sydney that I could call and check? Thanks very much for your answer and help!!

rizwan_raw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Gandhinagar / Gujarat / India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
C018
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2012
Doc's Request.
Clear
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
IELTS Request
Sent IELTS in initial application, without DELF
Med's Request
Waiting....
Interview........
God will waive it.....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Dec 2014
goodmrng1947 said:
Hi,

i belive since your AOR is already released, you are through with the initial process and no need for anything additional as of now,
for interview waiver i am not sure if 66 points is the requirement,

do you have a job offer when you applied under QSWP?
No i do not have job offer.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffh1687 said:
I don't mean to spam, but I've not heard from anyone re my question. So I am posting this question again, and hopefully someone has an answer.

I got my CSQ in Atlanta in December 2012, and have sent my application for the federal process to Sydney in early March. But now, a month has passed and I still haven't heard anything from Sydney. Is this normal? Is there a tel number in Sydney that I could call and check? Thanks very much for your answer and help!!
I am not sure but this link might help.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Guyz my wife has cleared DELF A1 but she don't have 16-16 marks in listening and speaking...can we claim the language marks ? and how much chances are for interview ? i have cleared A2 with 16-16 marks in listening and speaking. and my AOT is in group c...i have done masters !!

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kool_007dude said:
Guyz my wife has cleared DELF A1 but she don't have 16-16 marks in listening and speaking...can we claim the language marks ? and how much chances are for interview ? i have cleared A2 with 16-16 marks in listening and speaking. and my AOT is in group c...i have done masters !!
Nope. She wont get any point according to new rules. She must need to score 16-16 respectively in Listening and Speaking. It is very difficult to tell about your chances of interview. It may depend upon French language competency, priority AOT etc.. Very few people get their interview Waived.

DELLCANADA

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hello
One of the consultant told me that I have eligible for Quebec immigration doesn't matter wether I know french or not.Therefore, I would like to know is french is mandatory for Quebec immigration.

In addition, one of my friend told me that if you meet Quebec immigration point but don't know french then they tend to reject applicant.

Regards

Maria_Sal

Feb 5, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER Received: 07-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
13-Jan-2014, Uploaded 16-Jan, ECAS 3rd line 'Medicals received' 20-Jan
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:14-July-2014, PPR2:28-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received passports with visa on 14-Aug-2014 :)
LANDED..........
inshaAllah in Jan-2015
Hi Guys,

As 4 May 2013 is going to be tomorrow....can we expect a new update on canada immigration website with new revised NOC list?
Ofcourse the procesure is going to be tougher now...but is there any light for tomorrow? please comment

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maria_Sal said:
Hi Guys,

As 4 May 2013 is going to be tomorrow....can we expect a new update on canada immigration website with new revised NOC list?
Ofcourse the procesure is going to be tougher now...but is there any light for tomorrow? please comment
Hey Maria

Tomorrow is 4 April not 4 May except montreal people are 1 month ahead then rest of the world ;) ;)

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
DELLCANADA said:
Hello
One of the consultant told me that I have eligible for Quebec immigration doesn't matter wether I know french or not.Therefore, I would like to know is french is mandatory for Quebec immigration.

In addition, one of my friend told me that if you meet Quebec immigration point but don't know french then they tend to reject applicant.

Regards
See Dear, quebec first language is french....if u don't know french who could u survive their....so they knowz better this thing....french is mandatory...if u will not give french exam they will call u for the interview....again u have to attend interview in french !! choice is urs whether u want to give exam or interview or both !!

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
alexblatnoi said:
Hi there, You have a very good chance to get your interview waived. I have applied with 63 points and my interview was waived and I got my CSQ in few month after I received my AOR. I wish you good luck but every case is individual.
Hello, I have a question about your interview waiver. Did you submit any french test score in your application? I came to believe that someone that has 63 points or more has a greater chance for interview waiver if he or she shows at least some knowledge of French. Not sure though.

Maria_Sal

Feb 5, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER Received: 07-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
13-Jan-2014, Uploaded 16-Jan, ECAS 3rd line 'Medicals received' 20-Jan
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:14-July-2014, PPR2:28-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received passports with visa on 14-Aug-2014 :)
LANDED..........
inshaAllah in Jan-2015
harit79 said:
Hey Maria

Tomorrow is 4 April not 4 May except montreal people are 1 month ahead then rest of the world ;) ;)
hahaha oops what a blunder.....so we wait for another one month.....
...are there any bright chances next month?

Laura7786

Mar 8, 2013
Hey all,

From past experiences, how long would you be expecting to wait from initiating the application process to actually being granted your visa and consequently moving to Quebec? I really want to start my application process as soon as possible, but just wanted to know a general timescale, if anyone can help?

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
Skilled workers

You can submit an immigration application as a skilled worker only if one of the following situations applies to you:

You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker. You meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Temporary worker) (PEQ - Québec experience program for temporary workers) or are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers.
You have obtained a diploma awarded by a Québec teaching institution for studies done in Québec or you are about to obtain that diploma and you meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec Graduate) (PEQ - Québec experience program for Québec graduates).
You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You reside temporarily in Québec within the framework of a youth exchange program subject to an international agreement, such as a work holiday program. You are working full time in Québec, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a Québec diploma or a diploma treated as a Québec diploma that sanctions at least one year of full-time studies. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold an employment offer made by a Québec employer and validated by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing.
You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec.

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until July 31, 2013

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
Laura7786 said:
Hey all,

From past experiences, how long would you be expecting to wait from initiating the application process to actually being granted your visa and consequently moving to Quebec? I really want to start my application process as soon as possible, but just wanted to know a general timescale, if anyone can help?
I think yours is an interesting question now that applications have been centralized. I'm looking forward to what others have to say. That said, the length of the process depends on your individual matrix-mainly AOT, job offer your nationality and (when BIQs accepted applications) where you lived at the time of applying. For example 2 sub-saharan Africans, one living in London and one back home both applied to BIQ paris but the London guy would get his application processed quicker. Overall, in addtion to AOT and job offer, western European natives and residents seem(ed) to get their applications processed quicker. Can't exactly put a time frame on as the waiting period seems to be getting longer and longer but, if you check the archives on this thread you'll find Indians, Africans living in London/Middle east for example who had their CSQ inside 12 months and those of the same nationalities living at home having to wait for inordinately long periods just to get the CSQ. So for me I think it the CSQ depends with your nationality and (or) where you live. Mind you after getting the CSQ have to deal with your visa office. Again seems to be faster in Europe/America as compared to say Nairobi or Ghana. Nairobi seems to be the most notorious. I know people who have been waiting for 2 years (on top of the intial 2 years to get the CSQ). So if you're a Londoner I'd say maybe 15 months whole process. If you're an African applying from anglophone (East) Africa...4 years is a consevative estimate. Regardless, the sooner you file the better!

rizwan_raw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Gandhinagar / Gujarat / India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
C018
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2012
Doc's Request.
Clear
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
IELTS Request
Sent IELTS in initial application, without DELF
Med's Request
Waiting....
Interview........
God will waive it.....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Dec 2014
Hi alexbaltnoi

I think your interview was waived cuz you must have submited french scores. Right?