+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
dez said:
Tiki,
I was wrong about you getting your diploma and your AF guys are right. Still, your papers won't be returned to you if you have enough points to pass the paper screening. Just keep in mind that your language points are now locked in as per your level at application. You can't update them afterwards like was the case before Dec 2011. Secondly it seems like french has become compulsory even if the rules still leave some wiggle room. so in my opinion, even if you don't want to claim french points, it's prudent to submit test scores just to be on the safe side. Sorry about your Delf experience buddy and all the best
Dez,thanks for the reply.

I still need to submit the application,as don`t get enough points without the French,I am Automobile Mechanic which awards 6 points and work experience over 10 yrs,married,one child,IELTS score 7.
As my wife took the exam too,she failed too.......so if we suceded on this exam by my calculation we could get 59 points.......next session is in June(arrrghhhhh)

So wish me luck next time!

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dez said:
So what does 'crazy mdrrrrrr' mean big man?
you want to immigrate to Quebec and you don't know the meaning of mdr... lol

In french, we say mdr = mort de rire. It means Lol in english....

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
grande_folie said:
I Don't know people are so crazy. I am sorry for that people who know good french, because of a1 and a2 level people, other people are suffering who know good french. Quebec people should do something So that people who gave their hard time in french language and achieved good level of french must get their turn first.
What I know is crazy is talking smack to people just trying to help each other out and doing so in some incoherent drivel. That's what's crazy and silly!

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Tiki said:
Yesterday i recieved the french exam results (DELF),i was eliminated coz i didn`t do anything on the writing part,so I have asked the Aleance Francaise for a document that I took part in the exam and scores on listening and speaking.

Would this document be enough for the QSW,to claim the points on French?
You can send this document with your application but i doubt if they will give points on AF letter instead they want a Certificate orignal with application.

However how many points you are qualifying?

If you score points within the criteria than shoot your application and later on if you try a bit of work on writing than (WALLA) you can upgrade your file.

Lastly if you can speak french than on interview you can satisfy your interviewer and get 6 points with your CSQ.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
grande_folie said:
you want to immigrate to Quebec and you don't know the meaning of mdr... lol

In french, we say mdr = mort de rire. It means Lol in english....

do you also know what smd means dude. too bad the BIQ guys forgot to tell us some infantile/retarded text speak is what we needed to immigrate to Quebec. ypos-go figure

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
Tiki said:
Dez,thanks for the reply.

I still need to submit the application,as don`t get enough points without the French,I am Automobile Mechanic which awards 6 points and work experience over 10 yrs,married,one child,IELTS score 7.
As my wife took the exam too,she failed too.......so if we suceded on this exam by my calculation we could get 59 points.......next session is in June(arrrghhhhh)

So wish me luck next time!
Tiki
I'll wish you luck always not just next time ha ha. We need it in this process. The good thing is both of you now have time to improve your french. I'm sure you'll do fine in june (and you won't forget to do the writing part!)

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
dez said:
do you also know what smd means dude. too bad the BIQ guys forgot to tell us some infantile/retarded text speak is what we needed to immigrate to Quebec. ypos-go figure

I totally agree with you no one told us that street language is important.What i was told treat or speak to someone with respect and expect the same.

French is a beautiful language but some people on this forum are trying to ruin it by their inner dark side.

MERCI :p

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
dez said:
Tiki
I'll wish you luck always not just next time ha ha. We need it in this process. The good thing is both of you now have time to improve your french. I'm sure you'll do fine in june (and you won't forget to do the writing part!)
Thanks,dez.

You are right,we need luck all the time...wish you the same in this process,hope we all achieve our goals!

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unlimited2access said:
Hi All,

I applied to Quebec immigration in Sep 2011 and received AOR dated 19 Nov 2011 and since than no update. Hence I took the TCFQ exam recently and got B1 in listening and A1 in speaking. Can anyone tell me how many points I will get as per the old rules. I know how many points I will get as per new rules but as my AOR is dated 19 Nov 2011 old rules might get applied. Please refer to this doc
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-3.pdf
You get A= 1 and B1 =4, total=5

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
signalmaker said:
I know this case well. This guy moved even before getting the PR, which is not a wise thing from him ! no one would thing to move even with the best offer of Job in the world because this will deprive him from the rights he would have had, if he waited to get at least ! the PR.
Please explain in detail If you get your CSQ why do you have to wait for PR.Cant you process your PR after your arrival in QUEBEC.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
kuro_shio said:
Hello friends, if you want to know what will be the Quebec skilled worker program like from 2013 onwards please take a look at this:

http://www.spl.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/medias/pdf/Charte/Revision_de_la_grille.pdf

It looks like having at least an "intermédiaire avancé" (B2) level will be required in order to get points for French, both applicant and spouse.
Guys
Since I'm away from this forum for extended periods, some important things that get discussed do pass me by so excuse me for digging this up while going over past posts. I'm just wondering, assuming B2 is indeed the minimum now, what happens to those who don't get B2 in both sections of TEFAQ for example. I mean if you have a B1/C1 for example, what will this be considered as? B1? B2? (Since the points add to 12) or C1? Any ideas?

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
dez said:
Just keep in mind that your language points are now locked in as per your level at application. You can't update them afterwards like was the case before Dec 2011.
This is not true.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/index.html

To request a change to your application for a selection certificate or that of your spouse, complete the Change to an application for a selection certificate (Dynamic PDF, 82 Kb) form and return it to us along with the necessary documents within 30 days after the change.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
kuro_shio said:
This is not true.
Kuro-shio
You could be right. The reason I said that is coz my friend called montreal last may to seek clarification regarding this issue. It is the lady she spoke to that told her the points are 'locked in' at application she then referred him to the instruction manual released late 2011. I'm not sure if I can trace the link right now but I saved both the English and French versions. In the English version it is on page 36 under section 3.3.4.1. If I can find the link then I'll post it here but if you have the document you can read it yourself. The BIQ highlighted the whole section in the pdf doc they posted online themselves. Like I say, it's just what the lady told my friend and what she told her to read that I was going by.

linleon329

Nov 8, 2012
Send my application last december 2012, got a email and a letter from CIC in Feb 2013 and ask me to apply for undertaking and CSQ. After 4 weeks waiting, i just got my CSQ. What should i do? Should i send a copy of my CSQ to CIC?

It says as longer my wife PR is in process, she can have a medical card.? How does it works?

Thanks

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
dez said:
Kuro-shio
You could be right. The reason I said that is coz my friend called montreal last may to seek clarification regarding this issue. It is the lady she spoke to that told her the points are 'locked in' at application she then referred him to the instruction manual released late 2011. I'm not sure if I can trace the link right now but I saved both the English and French versions. In the English version it is on page 36 under section 3.3.4.1. If I can find the link then I'll post it here but if you have the document you can read it yourself. The BIQ highlighted the whole section in the pdf doc they posted online themselves. Like I say, it's just what the lady told my friend and what she told her to read that I was going by.
Well, I don't know about that, but according to their website it is possible as long as the applicant sends that form with the required documents within 30 days after the change, maybe it wasn't like that before.

Besides, I also have some first-hand experience as I submitted my application without the IELTS result which I sent about 1 month after I got the AOR along with said form, I called the BIQ recently and they said it was already annexed to my immigration file.