AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
esssso said:
Hi Shay89,
Actually, we are working on this as a plan b in case i'm rejected, cause my wife is an accountant and can get 6 points under AOT and she knows some French, she will take TEFAQ in Feb, so we can send the certificate on March or April at most no matter i'm still the main applicant to give more support to our file or in case i'm rejected and she will be the main applicant, and in case she get B1 & B1 in TEFAQ, she can get 64 points without adaptability... ...But what do you think regarding my AOT zero point?? As i read today that there is one applicant named jeffh1687 have got his CSQ already while he mentioned that his French is not very good & he has zero AOT !!! What do you think????
Hello Essso,

Like Shay said if you AOT gives you 0 points and you applied after March 2012 your application will undoubtedly be rejected, if I were you I would go with plan B, your plan B is pretty solid since your wife falls in one of the AOT and she is fluent in French. Good luck!

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
Master7 said:
Hello Essso,

Like Shay said if you AOT gives you 0 points and you applied after March 2012 your application will undoubtedly be rejected, if I were you I would go with plan B, your plan B is pretty solid since your wife falls in one of the AOT and she is fluent in French. Good luck!
Hi Master7,
Thanks for your advice..as you said, we are working on plan "b" but hope till March or April no more changes..ha ha ha...We'll see what will happened...
Happy week end for all...

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
esssso said:
Hi Shay89,
Yes i agree with you regarding jeffh1687, but if they need to reject me, they would return back my file....not waiting 6 months till now....right? Plus also, according to the below point, that if the applicant OR THE SPOUSE..BLA BLA...SO, MAYBE IF THE APPLICANT get 0 but spous get 6 points for example, so we still can apply ?? I understand it like that...what do you think?? I'm just trying to calm down myself..ha ha ha..
you or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at
least equal to the number of years required to
obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have
practiced, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of
your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
Hi esssso,

As i understand it, and since your wife is falling under the 6 points AOT, they will accept your application but they will not grant you 6 points for AOT because you are the main applicant and the 6 point AOT is granted to the main applicant not to the spouse.

the link below shows that the 6 points AOT will be granted to the main applicant and your wife will get 2 points as a spouse.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

so once you receive your file number, send them your wife's french test to increase your points.

Cheers!

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
Amirjs said:
Hi esssso,

As i understand it, and since your wife is falling under the 6 points AOT, they will accept your application but they will not grant you 6 points for AOT because you are the main applicant and the 6 point AOT is granted to the main applicant not to the spouse.

the link below shows that the 6 points AOT will be granted to the main applicant and your wife will get 2 points as a spouse.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

so once you receive your file number, send them your wife's french test to increase your points.

Cheers!
Hi Amirjs,
Thank you for your reply, yes this exactly what i understand and mean, that my wife falls under AOT as an accountant, so no problem no need to get 6 points, even if just getting 0 points,cause they mention clealy IF YOU OR YOUR SPOUSE.......so i can get 62 points, even i'm zero AOT and once my wife get TEFAQ even with low score, maybe can get more few points...the main concern to me now are not the points as i concern to accept my fie first but i still wonder why it takes 6 month till now to get AOR or even return the file.

jeet 1155

Dec 9, 2012
hello i m from india i want to apply for quebec i have 2 years dipploma in skilled technical mechinist after +2 . my date of birth is 22_feb_1984. i have 8 years experience. i calculate 53 points witout ielts and french. can i apply for visa . tell me my reqiurements in ielts or french plzzzzzzz

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
jeet 1155 said:
hello i m from india i want to apply for quebec i have 2 years dipploma in skilled technical mechinist after +2 . my date of birth is 22_feb_1984. i have 8 years experience. i calculate 53 points witout ielts and french. can i apply for visa . tell me my reqiurements in ielts or french plzzzzzzz
Hi jeet 1155,

It is probably best to wait until January 2013 for the new language requirement rules to see exactly what you're dealing with.

Junny

Apr 29, 2012
jeet 1155 said:
Hi Jeet,

Its good that u have got enough points Jeet. Can i ask ur break up of points.
Whats ur highest qualification? means after year 10th, is it diploma after year 10th or year 12th?.
if u got enough points so u should apply before new rules.
thanks

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Hi Sango,
thanks for the info. I am also a cameroonian and interested in entering quebec. i have done the preliminary online evaluation and i am qualified. I am a nurse. I have this question for you. Is it necessary to use an immigration consultant? any advantages over someone who didnt use one?

Pls kindly respond cuz its a step am about to take and won't like to regret anything along the path.

thanks and waiting

mmquebec

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Doc's Request.
o4-12-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 26-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
July 2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015(With RPRF)
Med's Done....
28-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2015. Submission Sept 25, 2015. Decision made Oct 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 16, 2015. VISA RECEIVED..Oct 27, 2015
LANDED..........
March 11, 2016
Stylove said:
Hi Sango,
thanks for the info. I am also a cameroonian and interested in entering quebec. i have done the preliminary online evaluation and i am qualified. I am a nurse. I have this question for you. Is it necessary to use an immigration consultant? any advantages over someone who didnt use one?

Pls kindly respond cuz its a step am about to take and won't like to regret anything along the path.

thanks and waiting

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hey everyone,
I have just started a post graduate degree from Concordia, Montreal. My concern is that in my field (mechanical engineering) one needs to know expert level french in order to get a job. Plus to acquire a CSQ, one also needs to know some level of french.

I am having second thoughts on whether to apply for a PR from quebec or not. What i mean to say that what if the day i get a full-time work permit after my graduation, i move to a province like ontario, alberta etc, look for a job and apply through their provincial program for a PR. Would this be a good idea? i know that other provincial programs require much more time than quebec, but if you don't have a job, it can be really tough to sustain.

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stylove said:
Hi Sango,

thanks and waiting

Well you can use a consultant if you have the money to pay to them. They only give you directions which you your self can get from the main website. So many people not only Cameroonians have go to Quebec without using consultants. You just need to follow the instructions, fill the forms and send them with the required fees and documentations to the immigration office serving your country. Consultants are for people who do not have the time to read and follow the instructions.

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sango said:
SMANDY said:
Hi folks, any applicant from Cameroon in this forum?????? ??? ??? ???
Smandy, Welcome on board, I am from Cameroon; Bonaberi DOuala precisely. Je suis né et grandi ici au Cameroun et je pense que le moment est venu quant il faut exploiter le rest du monde. At what stage are u in the QSW? What is your profeesion? We need to network to follow our progress. You may talk to me on 77115637.

Good luck

Sango

We can create a forum for Cameroonians if you want.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Hello Guys,

can anyone give me the link in this forum where everyone has put the time line of his process?

Thank you all.

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Hi All,
I have been trying to get an answer for the question below for probably many moneths now, I had PM'd a few members as well but did not get any reply. If anyone on this forum can help me by answering this, please do:

I have completed an MBA degree course and it was a part time course, I did this while working. Earlier I had a 4 year bachelors degree in engineering, how many more points will I get now? My agent says I'll get only 6 more points added as I did my MBA as part time and not full time. Is this true? Is there a real difference in score calculation for the part time and full time degrees?