PP Submitted:02-03-2015 PP Received Back:12-03-2015
LANDED..........
soon....
I applied for quebec on 30th July,

My education is as follows
Bachelor of Computer application (2004)India
Msc IT (2006)India
MBA (2008) UK

AOT Selected for application wasGestion et administration des entreprises (BACC. - 3 ans)---U074

Work Experiece
Process Analyst(1 year)
Business Manager-Marketing(2.5 years)

1) Request you to suggest if have selected correct AOT and if i will get 6 points for AOT
2) How many points will i get for my education

Thanks in advance

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ CAN said:
Guys I do have the same issue. I have completed MBA in 2009 and I have experience in Finance more than 9years as an Accountant. I'm planning to send my application in this week but I'm bit confusing whether I have to fill a form for "Regulated profession" since, Accountant is a regulated profession. Please advice.

Other thing is do i have to send a address lables in french?
Also advice how many photos have to send from each applicant with the application? is it need to be fixed or attached?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Your occupation is not a regulated.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employment/regulated-professions/professional-order.html

It's not compulsory to send the address in french.

You have to attach the photo in given space. They haven't mention how many, but i have attached required photographs in space and keep 2-3 extra in envelope if they required. Please check the below link.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/Application-selection-certificate-dyn.pdf

The photos must:
1.show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;
2.have a plain white background;
3.be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split‑image or multi‑lens camera;
4.measure between 25 mm and 35 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;
5.have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

I hope that helps.

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harit79 said:

Your occupation is not a regulated.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employment/regulated-professions/professional-order.html

It's not compulsory to send the address in french.

You have to attach the photo in given space. They haven't mention how many, but i have attached required photographs in space and keep 2-3 extra in envelope if they required. Please check the below link.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/Application-selection-certificate-dyn.pdf

The photos must:
1.show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;
2.have a plain white background;
3.be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split‑image or multi‑lens camera;
4.measure between 25 mm and 35 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;
5.have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

I hope that helps.
Harit, Thanks for your reply. I have another small issue with the experience letter. In one plce there saying it will take some time to get the work experience letter . in that
case is it possible to send a copy or certified copy ( by a lawyer)?

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Today is exactly 600 days since I filed my application to BIQ and yesterday I received passport request. This is already my second passport request. I already had a passport request in July which was cancelled because London needed to conduct additional background checks. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It seems that I am already on "final approach". London accepts personal submissions of passport on Thursdays and stamped passports can be picked up in person again 2 weeks later on Thursday.

My full timeline is on the left for those interested.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:
Today is exactly 600 days since I filed my application to BIQ and yesterday I received passport request. This is already my second passport request. I already had a passport request in July which was cancelled because London needed to conduct additional background checks. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It seems that I am already on "final approach". London accepts personal submissions of passport on Thursdays and stamped passports can be picked up in person again 2 weeks later on Thursday.

My full timeline is on the left for those interested.
Congratulations for receiving passport request.
Hope you will get your passport stamp very quickly. Wish you all the best for your future life in Quebec.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ CAN said:
Harit, Thanks for your reply. I have another small issue with the experience letter. In one plce there saying it will take some time to get the work experience letter . in that
case is it possible to send a copy or certified copy ( by a lawyer)?
I am not sure about this but i dont think so that could be valid.
I think Master7 can help on this.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Thanks very much harit79, I wish you a speedy processing too!
harit79 said:
Congratulations for receiving passport request.
Hope you will get your passport stamp very quickly. Wish you all the best for your future life in Quebec.

garconbd

Sep 7, 2012
i have found a question in the form...i have to submit family booklet....i m single and applying single....
so can u tell me abt this...and how to make it???

Junny

Apr 29, 2012
ifmyleen said:
i applied canada visa application under quebec state port of entry..

Re: QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE
« Reply #15950 on: October 31, 2012, 09:38:43 am »

Hi Every one,

I am very new to this forum and I want to apply for Quebec PR. I am student in Australia and working part time job in my field also.

Qualification: B.tech Mechanical (sep'2009 & 4 yrs diploma of mechanical (tool and die maker) in dec,2006
exp in mechanical field: 4 yrs since last 5 yrs.
Ielts: 5.5 listenting and speaking. and overall 5.5 band
French level A2 listening and A2 speaking.
Unmarried.

I calculate my points as follows after observing this forum.
Education 10, AOT 6, exp 8, age 16, Ielts 4, French 6, finance 1.
hence total is 51
Seniors plz plz help me as I want to apply for that.

thanks in advance

Junny

Apr 29, 2012
Junny said:
Re: QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE
« Reply #15950 on: October 31, 2012, 09:38:43 am »

Hi Every one,

I am very new to this forum and I want to apply for Quebec PR. I am student in Australia and working part time job in my field also.

Qualification: B.tech Mechanical (sep'2009 & 4 yrs diploma of mechanical (tool and die maker) in dec,2006
Unmarried.

hence total is 51

thanks in advance

Hi Every one,

Unmarried.

hence total is 51

thanks in advance

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Guys, I got this generic reply from BIQ, HK regarding not being granted points for my AOT:

Bonjour,

Plusieurs éléments sont pris en compte lors de l'évaluation des diplômes et des domaines de formation :

· Durée : le nombre d'années d'études requis pour l'obtention du diplôme étranger doit être au moins égal au nombre d'années requis pour l'obtention d'un tel diplôme au Québec.

· Niveau de scolarité correspondant : de façon générale, la formation étrangère doit être du même niveau de scolarité que la formation québécoise. Par exemple, si le diplôme étranger est de niveau universitaire, il est comparé à la liste des domaines de formation de niveau universitaire.

· Pour qu'un diplôme soit évalué, le contenu de la formation étrangère suivie doit s'apparenter au contenu de l'une des formations québécoises inscrites dans la liste des domaines de formation. Lors de l'évaluation du domaine de formation d'un diplôme étranger, le relevé de notes détaillé est comparé avec la liste des cours de la formation québécoise.

· Si le diplôme a été obtenu plus de 5 ans avant le dépôt de la demande, le candidat doit avoir exercé dans une profession directement reliée à ce diplôme pendant au moins un an, à temps plein, au cours des cinq ans qui précèdent la présentation de la demande.

Salutations

Atleast the last point confirms that the experience need not be in the same field as the degree if you obtained it in the last 5 years. So even if I have experience as an Acctg. Assistant although my M.Com. specialized in Management, it is fine. Correct?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DebR said:
Hi Harit79,
I have some question to you as well as to Umer and Lemon. I am from Bangladesh. What about your assumption for me according to the quebec systems:
1. BSc. in Computer Science & Engg. (CSE)- 4 y course in 2006 (But spend 2001-2006)
2. MBA in Finance - 2 y course in 2011 (But spend Aug 2008 to Aug 2011)
3. Exp in IT for 6 years from 2006 - current .(13 months as Web Programmer, 22 months as ICT manager and curr as IT manager for 37 months)

Is there any complication with my education & AOT, because I assumed that my points for education 12 out of 12 due to Masters and AOT is 6 for group C?
I am not sure but i might doubt regarding to your AOT.
Not sure how many point they will give you for your AOT.
As you have completed MBA with finance, so most probably you will have 12 points for master but I dont know how they will compare your MBA with ICT manager or IT manager experience.
As you can see nevillek is facing the same issue.

Other forum members can put their inputs.
Sorry for not answering your questions.

mojmal

Nov 8, 2012
Hi.
I have a qustion:
what is the code indicated in section 9 from form no. A-0520-AA?
and a another question:
have i to send my spouse & child pasport,s copy to immagration office with my documents?
thanks.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Friends, I need urgent help please.

As you may be knowing, my application was returned due to no points allotted to my AOT. I think my biggest issue is with the AOT code which I put in the application. I have done B.Com. of 3 yrs in Acctg/Finance and M.Com. of 2 yrs in Management.

As per this PDF (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf), I put the AOT code for my B.Com. specialization like a fool which is U024 (Accounting: Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle de 3 ans) in my application but now I realized that my B.Com. degree of 3 yrs is considered as a degree of only 2 yrs in Quebec so I am going to re-send my application with the AOT code for my M.Com. in Management degree instead which is U074 (Gestion et administration des entreprises BACC. - 3 ans).

But again, I am not sure if that's the correct code either because it says BACC - 3 ans whereas my M.Com. in Management degree was not a BACC and lasted only 2 years. Also, Gestion et administration des entreprises means MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION which in literal terms means M.B.A. while my degree is not an M.B.A.

Can someone please please advise me on this? Should I put U074 as the code or not?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DebR said:
Hi Harit79,
I have some question to you as well as to Umer and Lemon. I am from Bangladesh. What about your assumption for me according to the quebec systems:
1. BSc. in Computer Science & Engg. (CSE)- 4 y course in 2006 (But spend 2001-2006)
2. MBA in Finance - 2 y course in 2011 (But spend Aug 2008 to Aug 2011)
3. Exp in IT for 6 years from 2006 - current .(13 months as Web Programmer, 22 months as ICT manager and curr as IT manager for 37 months)

Is there any complication with my education & AOT, because I assumed that my points for education 12 out of 12 due to Masters and AOT is 6 for group C?
i was in the same situation as every one was but my experience is related to my masters i have done Bsc agri engineering in 2008 but in 2008-2009 one and half year i was working as administration officer and then i went to Uk for my MBA i compeleted my MBA and i am currently working as business development executive in a local firm i personally believer your AOT is related to you latest degree ! and my specialization was in business administration and management which is also mentioned on my transcript ! and i personally believe my AOT Is Gesten de commerce but in ur case debr i think so ur job duties can give us an idea that you job is related to you MBA or BS ! if its a management job and it related to your MBA u ll get gesten da commerce and if it is related to your bacholars then u ll get pts for cs degree correct me if i am wrong