+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

dhumdum

Jun 14, 2012
pcbomb said:
Hello, my application was refused by BIQ, just 1 point less than the selection criteria, my tef result is B2/A2.
BIQ told me to contact with Head Office in Quebec, if I get B2/B1, is that possible to get my application alive?
Can you please share your time lins and other stuff like AOT,Experience,ETC?

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone, i got my interview waived and they sent me my csq. thanks to the Lord. do you know how much time does it takes for the federal part?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
New Governments always bring in some changes, small or big. All we can hope is the rules least affect immigration rules or, in more wishful thinking, benefit immigration rules!

BTW, I did not even know that Quebec was trying to separate from the rest of Canada. Wonder if they will sustain as a separate country.
reginaforquebec said:
I am worried about the next election in Quebec. Meaning new government, new rules, new regulation especially in immigration. I want to share this latest news from all of you and share your opinion because it will effect also our ongoing application in the future....

MONTREAL — Quebec separatists could win in next month's election and form a government but still fail in their ultimate quest for the province's independence from the rest of Canada, say analysts.
Beleaguered Quebec Premier Jean Charest on Wednesday called snap elections for Sept. 4, opening the door for the separatists' possible return to power in Canada's mostly French-speaking province.
The elections come against the backdrop of social unrest in Quebec, where students since February have challenged government plans to hike university fees, resulting in violent street protests and hundreds of arrests.
Alain Gagnon, who holds the Canada Research Chair in Quebec and Canadian Studies at the Universite du Quebec a Montreal (UQAM), predicted a muddy, rather than clear-cut result.
“A Liberal or Parti Quebecois minority government is the most likely outcome,” he said.
Charest, a three-term premier who is also facing a corruption scandal, has been lumbered with pressure from Labor groups and other opponents of the ruling Liberal Party who at times have joined forces with the students.
Yves Belanger, a political science professor at UQAM, suggested that the backlash against Charest could result in the separatist Parti Quebecois (PQ) winning enough seats to form a majority government.
He reckons, however, that this would require that an upstart third party, the Coalition Avenir Quebec (CAQ), which has attracted disenchanted federalists and separatists, does not siphon too much PQ support.
In Quebec's first past the post electoral system, just a few percentage points in support can translate into 10 to 15 seats won out of a 125 total in the national assembly, and determine the election outcome.
Despite Charest's vigorous and aggressive start to the race, touting his Liberals' strong economic record and assailing his rivals' platforms, Belanger believes that Liberal insiders fear the party will lose.
And the decision of several ministers in Charest's government not to stand in the election indicates that the party is “struggling to renew itself” after nine years in power.
“I don't think the Liberals are betting on a win, but rather are hoping to avoid being completely brushed aside,” Belanger said.
As for the cause of Quebec independence, the Parti Quebecois has vowed to move slowly, saying that if it wins the election it will seek to wrest new powers from the federal government in Ottawa.
Any failure could be used to bolster its separatist agenda. But observers do not expect a rush to a third referendum on sovereignty under a PQ banner.
Quebec twice rejected independence from the rest of Canada in referendums in 1980 and 1995, but only by a narrow margin last time.
A PQ win is necessary for holding a third referendum, but does not mean a referendum is “inevitable” under the PQ, said Gagnon.
Rather he expects to see a “public consultation” on “maximum decentralization” of powers from Ottawa to Quebec.
UQAM political philosopher Jean-Marc Piotte, however, was skeptical, noting that the separatists had failed to bolster their position for an independent Quebec since the last two kicks at the can.
According to Belanger, if the PQ returns to power, “some of its members will seek to push independence to the frontburner and for a third referendum,” but he is not certain the hardcore separatists within the party would succeed.
“Quebecers don't want to hear any more about referendums and independence,” which PQ leader Pauline Marois understands far too well and rarely brings it up except on the sidelines of the election campaign, he said.
All three pundits said Charest timed the election shrewdly to force voters to consider the student unrest of recent months in their decision.
A majority agree with Charest on the need to raise student fees to help rein in a deficit, according to polls. So if the students return to the streets to demonstrate they risk paradoxically bolstering the Liberals.
Gagnon, Piotte and Belanger also said that the election timing allows the Liberals to avoid possible damaging revelations when a commission of inquiry on alleged corruption in the construction industry resumes hearings mid-September.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
gigianne2011 said:
hi everyone, i got my interview waived and they sent me my csq. thanks to the Lord. do you know how much time does it takes for the federal part?
Great congrats! if I may ask, are you in the priority list of occpations?

I'm not sure how long the Federal processing takes. I hope someone here is able to answer your question. Good Luck!

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
shootingstar said:
Great congrats! if I may ask, are you in the priority list of occpations?

I'm not sure how long the Federal processing takes. I hope someone here is able to answer your question. Good Luck!
Hi

Federal processing times are different for Visa Offices. Mine was 9 months. You can check timelines here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

can-vishal

Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
26-06-2011
Interview........
10-04-2013
i had already applied for fsw last year
can i apply for quebec immi

ilovequebec

Aug 7, 2012
Hi everyone!

I have one question is that I applied CSQ in May 2011, my wife was pregnant at that time, and now we've got a new born baby, I'm still waiting for interview. Anybody knows that do I get 4 points due to have a baby?

Thank you very much.

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
can-vishal said:
i had already applied for fsw last year
can i apply for quebec immi
i don't think so. You should get your CSQ first and then apply for FSW (i was in the same situation, my VO told me that if i want to apply for CSQ when my Federal application is in process, i need to cancel it, apply for CSQ and then for FSW). So i just got my FSW Visa, landed in Toronto and next day came to Montreal. And i live here.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
gigianne2011 said:
Congratulation on the receipt of your CSQ, that's really a good one with the interview waived, I bet you demonstrated a very good French ability.

The time for the Federal process differs with the VO, just try to put in your application as soon as possible after getting the required documents like PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) etc. Here is wishing you the very best.

Cheers

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
ilovequebec said:
Hi everyone!

I have one question is that I applied CSQ in May 2011, my wife was pregnant at that time, and now we've got a new born baby, I'm still waiting for interview. Anybody knows that do I get 4 points due to have a baby?

Thank you very much.
Congratulations on the arrival of your baby, you need to get the appropriate form for the addition of a family member filled and sent to update your BIQ with the details of your baby, if you have your file number that will make it easier.

Cheers

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
ilovequebec said:
Hi everyone!

Thank you very much.
Congrats!
Yes definitely you will get 4 points for the baby :) go ahead and apply to BIQ for the new born with the fee.