Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
harit79 said:

I am not sure but as we are pre December 2011 applicants, we might get benefit of doubt.
That's all depend upon officer. BTW where are you standing with B1 points?
Harit,

Not sure I understand your question. B1 gets me 8 points. I am not sure about my overall points coz I don't understand how the AOT thing works to be honest. I applied with a Master's from a UK university but since UK qualifications are not included in that list of equivalences, I don't really know how many points I get for education and therefore not able to work out my points

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
dez said:
Guys
8 and a half months after I sent my application, I finally got my AOR from BIQ Paris today. It's probably not that much of big news coz I know there's still more waiting, twists and turns ahead but it's a step forward all the same lol.

If the timeline might be of interest to any/someone, here are the details

App'n sent: 11/11/11
App'n received: 16/11/11/
Bank Draft Cashed: 28/02/12 (That's the date on the AOR but my bank had told me it was cashed on the 12th of March)
AOR sent out on 3/07/2012
AOR received on 25/07/2012

And now a different kind of waiting begins.

Courage everyone.
Congrats dez. Atleast the ball has just started rolling for you. was the AOR by email or posted? whichare from an African country? My application was received 03rd February 2012 still waiting for AOR, 6 months soon.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
sango said:
Congrats dez. Atleast the ball has just started rolling for you. was the AOR by email or posted? whichare from an African country? My application was received 03rd February 2012 still waiting for AOR, 6 months soon.
Sango,

Thanks bro. Still a long way to go but yes, it's a start. Wish you you all the best too. You probably don't have to wait much longer for your AOR now. I am from Kenya. I assume you're from francophone Africa yourself? Cameroon maybe? Like I said in my post you replied to, the AOR was posted. Anyway, good luck buddy.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dez said:
Sango,

Thanks bro. Still a long way to go but yes, it's a start. Wish you you all the best too. You probably don't have to wait much longer for your AOR now. I am from Kenya. I assume you're from francophone Africa yourself? Cameroon maybe? Yes from Cameroon Like I said in my post you replied to, the AOR was posted. Anyway, good luck buddy. Thanks, will continue waiting patiently..

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dez said:
Harit,

Not sure I understand your question. B1 gets me 8 points. I am not sure about my overall points coz I don't understand how the AOT thing works to be honest. I applied with a Master's from a UK university but since UK qualifications are not included in that list of equivalences, I don't really know how many points I get for education and therefore not able to work out my points

Hi Dez and other seniors. I paid by debit Visa card, my bank has issued new card to all clients,now I want to fill a new Payment form and send, but I have forgotten the exact amount (old fees submitted application on 3rd Feb 2012 to BIQ Paris) 3 kids between 1-4 yrs 150$ each, spouse $......... and principal applicant $............ Please help.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dez and other seniors. I paid by debit Visa card, my bank has issued new card to all clients,now I want to fill a new Payment form and send, but I have forgotten the exact amount (old fees submitted application on 3rd Feb 2012 to BIQ Paris) 3 kids between 1-4 yrs 156 $ not 150$, spouse $..156...... and principal applicant $..750.......... Please help.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/cost-immigrating/fees-payment.html

You have to fill the below form for any update.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Dear Senior's

Please tell me what is category A,B and C for quebec immigration.I have been evaluated as fall in Category C.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
harit79 said:
Hi Dez and other seniors. I paid by debit Visa card, my bank has issued new card to all clients,now I want to fill a new Payment form and send, but I have forgotten the exact amount (old fees submitted application on 3rd Feb 2012 to BIQ Paris) 3 kids between 1-4 yrs 156 $ not 150$, spouse $..156...... and principal applicant $..750.......... Please help.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/cost-immigrating/fees-payment.html

You have to fill the below form for any update.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf
Thanks, buth I thought I have to pay but the old fees since my application was delivered on 3rd Feb 2012 well before the change of fees in April.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Better ask your BIQ whether you have to pay the fees according to new rules or old one.
sango said:
Thanks, buth I thought I have to pay but the old fees since my application was delivered on 3rd Feb 2012 well before the change of fees in April.

damisa

Jul 12, 2012
Hello All,

Please can someone help acalculate my points to know if we qualify for QSW.

Main Applicant

Education - Diploma in Business Management( Marketing) completed in 1 year
Age - 26yrs
Experience - Secretariat 3 years
IELTS - 6.5band
TEF (waiting for results but french is my mother tongue)

Husband

Education - Certificates
Age - 31yrs
Experience - IT (Network / System) Administrator
TEF (waiting for results but french is his mother tongue)

Child - 2yrs

Financial Ability - Yes

Thanks a lot for your help guys

BilalKhan101

Jul 11, 2012
damisa said:
Hello All,

Please can someone help acalculate my points to know if we qualify for QSW.

Main Applicant

Education - Diploma in Business Management( Marketing) completed in 1 year
Age - 26yrs
Experience - Secretariat 3 years
IELTS - 6.5band
TEF (waiting for results but french is my mother tongue)

Husband

Education - Certificates
Age - 31yrs
Experience - IT (Network / System) Administrator
TEF (waiting for results but french is his mother tongue)

Child - 2yrs

Financial Ability - Yes

Thanks a lot for your help guys
Hi Damisa,

Better if you could calculate it yourself. There are number of factors that could possible effect your final score. Please use the following link;

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Good Luck,
Bilal

BilalKhan101

Jul 11, 2012
dez said:
Guys
8 and a half months after I sent my application, I finally got my AOR from BIQ Paris today. It's probably not that much of big news coz I know there's still more waiting, twists and turns ahead but it's a step forward all the same lol.

If the timeline might be of interest to any/someone, here are the details

App'n sent: 11/11/11
App'n received: 16/11/11/
Bank Draft Cashed: 28/02/12 (That's the date on the AOR but my bank had told me it was cashed on the 12th of March)
AOR sent out on 3/07/2012
AOR received on 25/07/2012

And now a different kind of waiting begins.

Courage everyone.
Hi Dez,

Good to know about your smooth sailing so far. Time line you mentioned is very useful. Can you quickly list down the coming/expected milestones also? Plus, I am just in the process of collecting my docs. Hopefully will send my application by OCT2012. Hitting 60+ points as I calculated conservatively. Did not claim any points for French neither for me nor my spouse. In your opinion could they possibly waive-off my interview because I am applying from Saudi Arabia and as far I know there do not have any interview schedule for Saudi Arabia.
Since I did not claim any points for French, still they would consider my adaptability based on French communication? They know I did not claim points under french. Still would they expect me to use French in interview?

Thanks,
Good Luck.

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Dear Senior's

Please tell me what is category A,B and C for quebec immigration.I have been evaluated as fall in Category C.

Definitions of dependent child (types A, B and C)

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements of types A, B or C below:

TYPE A

The child is under the age of 22 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
TYPE B
The child has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full‑time student at a post‑secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent either:

since before the age of 22, or
since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship (if it happened before the age of 22).

TYPE C
The child is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for himself or herself because of a medical condition.

Note: Dependent children must meet one of the above definitions on the day CIC receives your application. For types B and C, the dependent children must continue to meet this definition for permanent residence to be granted or for a permanent resident visa to be issued.

spaniard

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello All,

I am new at this forum, can anybody help me in my assessment for Quebec immigration.

Education: Total year of education=17 years
MBA(Finance)=2 years
PGD-Cost & Management Accounting= 1 year
B.Com = 2 years
Experience:
4.0 years in bank (working in financial reportings(like off balance sheet items to Central Bank and management+ & handling different staff administrative matters)
Language:
IELTS Listening (7.5) Speaking (6.0)
FRENCH (DELF A2) Listening (09/25) Speaking (23.5/25)
Bank Statement:
2889CAD$
Marital Status:
Single

Thank you

Regards,

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
Hi Everyone,

I gat Higher National Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Business and Management from Cambridge International Clollege Uk.
and also Diploma in Work Place Safety and Health......
gat some week taring on basic banking, professional sale, customer service.....
age is 29....
work experience ....3yrs in the banking industry..
am single...
hope my diploma will help cus am about to take a french class