+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

raselsheikh

Jul 19, 2012
I live in US but just found out due to my non-residency at states my interview would be in Hongkong!!! Anyway Is there anyone who had interview for Quebec skilled worker program and want to share the experience? I would really appreciate some helps and how does it work?

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010 CSQ Application
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
Hi,

If you are a student or temporary worker currently in Quebec read this:
I was working in Quebec while my PR is being processed. My work permit was due to expire on June 13th and Immigration Quebec told me I would need an LMO and a CAQ in order to get a new one. However this changed on the 1st of June. Now workers/students who have a work permit which is about to expire, but have a pending PR application and a CSQ you can get a new work permit WITHOUT a CAQ & LMO.. The CAQ/LMO process takes about 3 months, costs around $364 and you might not be successful, so you want to avoid this process.

It seems they didn't publicise this very well, so unless you are checking the immigration Quebec website every day you would have missed this. I didn't find out about it until after I had already paid the $364 LMO/CAQ processing fee and and lost my provincial health care. Got my health care reinstated today and I'm trying to get a refund for the LMO/CAQ processing application which is still in processing but I don't need now.

Just thought I'd post this here in case any of you workers/students in Quebec have a permit which is going to expire before your PR is finished.

Workers: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html
Students: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/after-csq.html

Jul 19, 2012
Hi everybody,
this is my first post and i have some important questions.
i want to know if what i'm planning to do is possible.
according to my calculation i have right now 6+6+16+3+1=32 points
i dont have any experience i have just got my degree. And as for my linguistic skills i don't have any proof (no ielts no TCF)
I want to start the process of imigration as soon as possible since there's a limitation (14300). So, i've got this idea which is sending my file even if it's 32 points and after i got the AOR (in order to avoid the possible limitation), i will send them the linguistic skills proof(i will take both exams in english and in french in september as it's not available in my country in august).

it this idea doable and without any risk? and for experience i've called them many times and they let me know that i can't qualify as i don't have a 6 months minimum experience, is it true?

excuse me for my english it's my third language.

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
I'm pretty sure they will reject your application.

immigrationcanada said:
Hi everybody,
i dont have any experience i have just got my degree. And as for my linguistic skills i don't have any proof (no ielts no TCF)
I want to start the process of imigration as soon as possible since there's a limitation (14300). So, i've got this idea which is sending my file even if it's 32 points and after i got the AOR (in order to avoid the possible limitation), i will send them the linguistic skills proof(i will take both exams in english and in french in september as it's not available in my country in august).

it this idea doable and without any risk? and for experience i've called them many times and they let me know that i can't qualify as i don't have a 6 months minimum experience, is it true?

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
Yeah but you're required to reach at least the interview threshold when you send your documentation.

immigrationcanada said:
well i will not claim the points for language first but after i got the AOR i will modify my CSQ.
a modification form is available in the site.

Jul 19, 2012
kuro_shio said:
Yeah but you're required to reach at least the interview threshold when you send your documentation.
I don't think they calculate your points before giving you the AOR because if it's the case the process won't be as long as we see. they will give you an interview instead of an AOR. I think at this stage they just verify the documents sent, and as i said i won't claim points for language as this stage, so they won't require any test.
PS: i can get more than 49 points after i pass the tests + possible 4 points for experience

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
I wouldn't risk my documents and money doing it, but you can always try, let us know how your quest goes.

immigrationcanada said:
I don't think they calculate your points before giving you the AOR because if it's the case the process won't be as long as we see. they will give you an interview instead of an AOR. I think at this stage they just verify the documents sent, and as i said i won't claim points for language as this stage, so they won't require any test.
PS: i can get more than 49 points after i pass the tests + possible 4 points for experience

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smallie said:
Hello Egrace,

been quite awhile. i did mine with MICC. Got all the details from the officail Qubec immigration site. Is that different from this?
Hello, am fine thanks..... yeah, Credendtial evaluation is being sought by those who moved to/ dindt study in Quebec, so in a way credential evaluation is still considered as an immigration stepbe that as it may,there is a sub agency of MICC called CEFAHQ that is sadled with the responsibility of doing the evaluation.
so never mind cos i believe u av got the right one. the link is on d MICC website...
Any news from Paris?

@ Ambi1775,
Congratulations on ur MR!!!!!!!!! you are almost there....BIQ Paris is not doing so well in Africa. applicants who applied same time as u to BIq paris from Africa are still on d interview queeue. and worst still there is not date in-view.... Anyways Cheers
and savour the joy of the Moment

devang3d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrationcanada said:
Hi everybody,

@ImmigrationCanada

welcome to this forum...you calculated your points 32 is fine but how you will reach upto 57(Single)/63(Married)
Are you married or single?

You can submit french results after getting AOR but they will call you in interview only when you get 49(Single)/55(Married)
If you will get interview then your final total should be 57/63

How you manage this?
How you increase your point?

If you pass french with B1 level though you will get only 8 points...if you work for 1 year then only you can get 2.
so it would be 32+8+2=42..So please be careful..

I want to give one advise you...first you prepare your profile strong or you can go canada on Student visa...may be after your study you will get points for staying there.

Please take advise from other seniors too

Regards
Devang

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
egrace62 said:
Hello, am fine thanks..... yeah, Credendtial evaluation is being sought by those who moved to/ dindt study in Quebec, so in a way credential evaluation is still considered as an immigration stepbe that as it may,there is a sub agency of MICC called CEFAHQ that is sadled with the responsibility of doing the evaluation.
so never mind cos i believe u av got the right one. the link is on d MICC website...

@egrace,I hope u're fine?

Truely Paris Biq declard a moment of delay for African countries.This may be due to need for Accra to attend to backlog,since I think they use their staff for interview.Their staff that already occupied with VOs enormous backlog.

I think Biq Paris is totally unfair on African applicants.Let me wish all applicants from Africa a big success as soon as Biq Paris resumes treatment of our files.Cheers.
Any news from Paris?

@ Ambi1775,
Congratulations on ur MR!!!!!!!!! you are almost there....BIQ Paris is not doing so well in Africa. applicants who applied same time as u to BIq paris from Africa are still on d interview queeue. and worst still there is not date in-view.... Anyways Cheers
and savour the joy of the Moment

Jul 19, 2012
devang3d said:
@ ImmigrationCanada

welcome to this forum...you calculated your points 32 is fine but how you will reach upto 57(Single)/63(Married)
Are you married or single?

You can submit french results after getting AOR but they will call you in interview only when you get 49(Single)/55(Married)
If you will get interview then your final total should be 57/63

How you manage this?
How you increase your point?

If you pass french with B1 level though you will get only 8 points...if you work for 1 year then only you can get 2.
so it would be 32+8+2=42..So please be careful..

I want to give one advise you...first you prepare your profile strong or you can go canada on Student visa...may be after your study you will get points for staying there.

Please take advise from other seniors too

Regards
Devang
i have to get a total of 55 in order to get my CSQ because i'm single. i have 32 points untill now but when i will pass the TCF or TEFaq i'm sure i will get the 16 points as french is my second language and for the Ielts i will get at least 1 points so it will become 32+16+1=49. in addition to that, when i will get 6 months experience i can claim 4 points. so the total before interview will be 53.
Are you sure i can send them the results after? can you detail more please?

sm101

Apr 8, 2012
javeedislam said:
Dear Umer and others,

I would like to refer you guys to GPI with following paragraph:-

4.2.2 Exigences à l'étape de l'examen préliminaire
En vertu de l'article 7 du RSRE, la DCS du candidat travailleur qualifié fait l'objet d'un examen préliminaire suivant les facteurs prévus à la grille de sélection des candidats de cette sous-catégorie, à l'exception du facteur Adaptabilité. À cette étape, le pointage est attribué au candidat à partir des renseignements contenus sur la DCS.
Le candidat doit satisfaire aux conditions suivantes pour se qualifier :
• obtenir au moins 2 points au critère Niveau de scolarité du facteur Formation, c'est à dire détenir minimalement un diplôme d'études secondaires générales ou professionnelles (VOIR GPI 3-1, SECTION 3.3.1.1);
• satisfaire au seuil éliminatoire d'employabilité. Le seuil qui s'applique à cette étape est le suivant :
- 42 points pour un requérant seul;
- 50 points pour un requérant accompagné de son époux ou conjoint de fait.
Ce seuil s'applique aux facteurs Formation, Expérience, Âge, Connaissances linguistiques, Séjour et famille au Québec, Offre d'emploi validée et, le cas échéant, Caractéristiques de l'époux ou du conjoint de fait qui accompagne.
• satisfaire au s euil de passage à l'étape de l'examen préliminaire. Le seuil qui s'applique à cette étape est le suivant :
- un minimum de 49 points pour un requérant seul;
- un minimum de 57 points pour un requérant accompagné de son époux ou conjoint de fait.
Tous les facteurs sont pris en compte à l'étape de l'examen préliminaire, à l'exception du facteur daptabilité.

I Hope this information is beneficial for everyone and make all the points clear.
4.2.2 Requirements to the stage of preliminary examination
Under Article 7 of RSRE, the DCS of a skilled worker applicant subject to a preliminary examination according to the factors set the grid for selecting candidates for this subcategory, except for the Adaptability factor. At this point, the score goes to the candidate from the information on the DCS.
The candidate must meet the following requirements to qualify:
• get at least 2 points criteria's Education Training factor, ie minimally hold a high school diploma or vocational (SEE IPG 3-1, Section 3.3.1.1);
• meet the cutoff score for employability. The threshold that applies at this stage is:
- 42 points for a single applicant;
- 50 points for an applicant with his spouse or common-law partner.
This threshold applies to factors Training, Experience, Age, Languages, Stay and family in Quebec, Validated employment offer and, where appropriate, features of a spouse or de facto spouse who accompanies.
• satisfy s euil crossing the stage of preliminary examination. The threshold that applies at this stage is:
- A minimum of 49 points for a single applicant;
- A minimum of 57 points for an applicant with his spouse or common-law partner.
All factors are taken into account at the stage of preliminary examination, except Factor daptabilité.

i hope english translation would help better according to me it clear shows that at the 42 points you can put the file and according to this pera it clear shows that except adiptibility point you should reach 42 points
it means your point + adptibility should reach 49 points for csq
what you think ??