20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
immigrationcanada said:
she said that they still accept applications.
oh.. i too am sure they do..

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Does anyone know why everytime I open this thread, Page 1 appears instead of the last page? It is very annoying to go to the last page everytime. Also, after posting a reply I am taken to the lobby showing all threads instead of my last post. Pretty sick of this so felt I would ask here.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
nevillek said:
Does anyone know why everytime I open this thread, Page 1 appears instead of the last page? It is very annoying to go to the last page everytime. Also, after posting a reply I am taken to the lobby showing all threads instead of my last post. Pretty sick of this so felt I would ask here.

Yeah you r right... Apparently we have to live with this!
Back to our conversation, i cant see the counter of the received applications anywhere on their website after their recent change of 29 june... Do you have a link for that? I was wondering maybe they removed the cap and left it open for all applicants that fall in one of the categories....

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Amirjs said:
Yeah you r right... Apparently we have to live with this!
Back to our conversation, i cant see the counter of the received applications anywhere on their website after their recent change of 29 june... Do you have a link for that? I was wondering maybe they removed the cap and left it open for all applicants that fall in one of the categories....
Well, the number of recd. applications was only ~600 last month, so the 14300 limit would not be reached anyway by March 2013. Maybe they're rejecting most of the applications right away for insufficient points now so we don't need to worry about the quota even if they removed the counter from their website. This is just my opinion.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
nevillek said:
Well, the number of recd. applications was only ~600 last month, so the 14300 limit would not be reached anyway by March 2013. Maybe they're rejecting most of the applications right away for insufficient points now so we don't need to worry about the quota even if they removed the counter from their website. This is just my opinion.
I Agree

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
note that the first barrier is everything and when they gives time to your application they want you to learn french ! its up 2 u how u tackle it mates.

as you know that experience, Language points are not locked during the time of application

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends

I had a confusion and just thought of seeking your help.

One of my friend completed his masters in business admin from UK. It was one year full time course. He completed his graduation in commerce from Mumbai,India (15 yrs).

So his total years of formal education is 16. Can he claim 12 points for his education..?? Do the immigration authorities consider 1 yr full time MBA studies..??

Thanks for your help in advance.

quebec_uname

Jul 21, 2012
Hi,
Thank you all for sharing your experiences and expert advices. I have a query about my points. Can anybody tell me how many points do I secure? Following is my profile:

Married.
Education: Master in Computer science.
Area of Training: Computer Science.
No employment offer.
Work Experience: More than 4 years.
English: IELTS. Listening : 7.0, Speaking: 7.0
French: Beginner but not given the test and hence not claiming points at the time of application.
Financial self-suffuciency: Yes

Spouse characteristics:
Education: Master in business administration.
Area of training: Business administration
French: No.

I will be really thankful if you give me the number of points based on above profile.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebec_uname said:
Hi,
Thank you all for sharing your experiences and expert advices. I have a query about my points. Can anybody tell me how many points do I secure? Following is my profile:

Married.
Education: Master in Computer science. 12 points
Area of Training: Computer Science. 6 points
No employment offer.
Work Experience: More than 4 years. 8 points
English: IELTS. Listening : 7.0, Speaking: 7.0 5 points
French: Beginner but not given the test and hence not claiming points at the time of application. 0 point
Financial self-suffuciency: Yes 1 points

Spouse characteristics:
Education: Master in business administration. 3 points
Area of training: Business administration 2 points
French: No.

You can get more info from below link.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

I will be really thankful if you give me the number of points based on above profile.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi quebec_uname

As per new rules you need to submit your french proficiency test results at the time of application..

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yes you can show the fund through the Bank Statement.
Please go through the below link for the requirement of total fund for family.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#financial
!! KING OF THE KINGS !! said:
Hi All,

Is it possible for us to show the funds through Bank Statements if i am applying for Quebec Skilled Workers Class.

Regards,
!! KING OF THE KINGS !!

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

According to new rules you have to submit the result before applying for QSW.
It should be better to take French exam first and apply later. 57 points is ok but try to score around 60-61.
quebec_uname said:
If we reach threshold of 57 (married), cant we submit French exams results later before interview?