Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 01, 2017
Dear Shah

Thank you. I think I should enroll in DELF B1 course to continue my quest for french language :)

Take Care

Regards

Maruf

mkshah said:
hi,
ur profile is very strong and I am sure you are able to cross miminum 60 points with your credentials.

A2 level is considered as high beginner level and corresponds to 3-4 on the scale of 12 as it was asked in old applications for CSQ formats.

So, if you have mentioned ur level as high beginner for you and your wife in Application for CSQ, it is okay, else you must reach to the level mentioned by you.

My suggestion will be to continue your french learning as it will help you in quickly settling in quebec as well as the higher level in french will help you to get more points of adaptability during interview for CSQ.

Hope it helps.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
yes maruf, it will help you in settling quickly in quebec.
Good Luck for B1. :)
maruf_bd said:
Dear Shah

Thank you. I think I should enroll in DELF B1 course to continue my quest for french language :)

Take Care

Regards

Maruf

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Thank you sharptooth for your responses.
It cleared my many doubts.

Management course is definitely an option I m thinking about, especially Finance, as I am presently working in Life Insurance Co in India.
Pls can u suggest me other courses that may connect with my AOT Masters Degree in Applied Chemistry?
Thanks for you support. :)

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
Thank you sharptooth for your responses.
It cleared my many doubts.

Management course is definitely an option I m thinking about, especially Finance, as I am presently working in Life Insurance Co in India.
Pls can u suggest me other courses that may connect with my AOT Masters Degree in Applied Chemistry?
Thanks for you support. :)
management is better as you would be able to relate to your experience and it strengthens your case for obtaining successfully a study visa

as you already have masters another masters in a technical field is not advisable as it would weaken your case

so go for a course in finance or allied fields

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
mkshah said:
Thank you sharptooth & Pippin. So I got answers for my query 1 & 2 of below:
Pls help me with the other queries too.

1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in
montreal, can I still continue with my QSW
application?
2. Will this have any efffect on the result of my qsw application?

3. If I got admission in quebec college, then what will be my BIQ then? Currently, my biq is HK as I live in India and applied from here.

4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled? In India/HK or @ montreal?

5. Any other suggestions from you guys are most welcome.

6.what u guys think about my this thoughts?

7. If I get admission as student in any quebec university, can I take my wife as dependent with me?

Thanks in advance.
Hello Mkshsh,

It's a nice decision that you will go for study in Quebec.:)

My suggestion is that going for study in North American University is always fine. But, think about your money, loss of company experience years and also the burden of tension of being as a student instead of as an employee.

Moreover, the job prospect in North America is not so good at present till now, if you compared with rapidly developing asian countries like India, China. Moreover, many skilled, experienced persons are now getting it competitive in North American countries. Definitely, top universities such as Mc Gill, Univ of Toronto and University of British Columbia has gr8 gr8 course, both they attract High GMAT, Gr8 experience, Multilingual, gr8 volunteer, communicator students. Even, you have to put lot of efforts such as for getting recommendation, writing SOPs etc. In canada, in top 5 university there are very few scholarships, unless you are going for PHD or you are Godacademic talented student. Excluding these lower grade universities has no advantage. Just wasting time & Money and loss of years in which you can get your company experience.

So my suggestion is keep presence, and develop your professional skill, french skill, do some certification like CPA, CGA.. Then you will also be graded same as highly qualified in professional area.

Keep remember, if you have the good experience in company, you will be graded high. your immigration will be done in one day. Don't worry for that. But, to make it expedite don't take decision in a hurry. Make your life clear, well-positioned... may be you are in Germany, India, America, or Singapore.. that doesn't matter. But, your Big Boss.. that's the matter.. :)

After all, decision is yours!!!

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
Hi All,

I am a new member here. I was trying to find out if anyone else has applied in May 2012. My application reached BIQ Hong Kong on 18th May 2012, but i have not received any response yet.

fingers crossed.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Raza PK said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Skilled worker applications are not suspended. Only investor/enterpenure categories are suspended for the time being. They are accepting new applications for Skilled workers. Read the full paragraphs, and u will understand it. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
@raza,
If u read the detail including the last line u will understand. And here most applicants have not studied earlier from quebec nor temporary workers. And most of them are concern abt economic class only.

Intake of applications

Following a decision by the government published in the Gazette officielle du Québec on June 29, 2012, the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles has suspended the intake of applications for a selection certificate that can be submitted by certain economic immigration candidates.

New intake rules according to immigration class

Immigration subclass

Bussinesspeople
Investors
No new applications will be accepted
from April 14, 2012 to March 31, 2013
Entrepreneurs and
self-employed workers
from June 30, 2012 to March 31, 2013
Skilled workers
See below to determine if you can submit
an application in the Skilled worker class
between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013

Skilled workers

You can submit an immigration application as a skilled worker only if one of the following situations applies to you:

You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker. You meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Temporary worker) (PEQ - Québec experience program for temporary workers) or are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers.
You have obtained a diploma awarded by a Québec teaching institution for studies done in Québec or you are about to obtain that diploma and you meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec Graduate) (PEQ - Québec experience program for Québec graduates).
You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You reside temporarily in Québec within the framework of a youth exchange program subject to an international agreement, such as a work holiday program. You are working full time in Québec, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a Québec diploma or a diploma treated as a Québec diploma that sanctions at least one year of full-time studies. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold an employment offer made by a Québec employer and validated by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing.
You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec.

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until after March 31, 2013.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Indian4mSA said:
Hi All,

I am a new member here. I was trying to find out if anyone else has applied in May 2012. My application reached BIQ Hong Kong on 18th May 2012, but i have not received any response yet.

fingers crossed.
Did u got ur AOR? If u have tha. U have to wait for them to contact u or u can simply send email to know the progress of ur application.

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
@ raza,
If u read the detail including the last line u will understand. And here most applicants have not studied earlier from quebec nor temporary workers. And most of them are concern abt economic class only.

Intake of applications

Following a decision by the government published in the Gazette officielle du Québec on June 29, 2012, the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles has suspended the intake of applications for a selection certificate that can be submitted by certain economic immigration candidates.

New intake rules according to immigration class

Immigration subclass

Bussinesspeople
Investors
from April 14, 2012 to March 31, 2013
Entrepreneurs and
self-employed workers
from June 30, 2012 to March 31, 2013
Skilled workers
See below to determine if you can submit
an application in the Skilled worker class
between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013

Skilled workers

You can submit an immigration application as a skilled worker only if one of the following situations applies to you:

You temporarily reside in Québec as a temporary worker. You meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (Temporary worker) (PEQ - Québec experience program for temporary workers) or are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers.
You have obtained a diploma awarded by a Québec teaching institution for studies done in Québec or you are about to obtain that diploma and you meet the eligibility conditions of the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (Québec Graduate) (PEQ - Québec experience program for Québec graduates).
You reside temporarily in Québec as a foreign student, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You reside temporarily in Québec within the framework of a youth exchange program subject to an international agreement, such as a work holiday program. You are working full time in Québec, you are eligible to apply for a selection certificate under the regular program for skilled workers and you are submitting your application in Québec.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold a Québec diploma or a diploma treated as a Québec diploma that sanctions at least one year of full-time studies. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.
You or your accompanying spouse hold an employment offer made by a Québec employer and validated by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada informed you that your application for permanent residence in Canada was admissible for processing.
You reside temporarily in Québec, you were a Canadian citizen at one time and you are submitting you application in Québec.

If none of these situations applies to you, you cannot submit an application until after March 31, 2013.

hey man it is still on read carefully

this means if u have a foreign degre in diplome etranger column getting u 6,12,16 points u can apply it must be ticked in etranger column otherwise u cant apply

if ticked it must be less than 5 years old otherwise experience of atleast 1 year in preceding 5 years

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
sharptooth said:
hey man it is still on read carefully

this means if u have a foreign degre in diplome etranger column getting u 6,12,16 points u can apply it must be ticked in etranger column otherwise u cant apply

if ticked it must be less than 5 years old otherwise experience of atleast 1 year in preceding 5 years
yes, you are correct. only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply, even if they have the minimum marks( including French skill, kids, stay in quebec etc.) to apply.

Also note that, people in country like india, pakistan etc. who has completed their degree in BSc., B.COM( without any master degree) in 3 years will also not be able to apply. Because, in quebec the bachelor degree takes 4 years. the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse.

In previous cases, these people were eligible to apply. I think, putting this rule, they have cut down application at least 20-30%.

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
2146 Aeronautical Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
Hi there,

My application reached to BIQ, HK on 4th June 2012, so I am 3 weeks behind you. I haven't received anything as yet. :mad:

I expect that you should receive your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) sometime this month, July 2012. Typically it takes 4-8 weeks time. I think, as per their guidelines, if AOR isn't received within 90 days, you may write to them.

Hope this helps.

Indian4mSA said:
Hi All,

fingers crossed.

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
hec006,
"...only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply,..."

But, I think, this was the case, even before June 29 guidelines. In my humble opinion, nothing has changed regarding this rule!!

"...the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse..."

I agree. For everyone's benefit, here is a link to info on Quebec Education System available on MICC's official website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/finding-education/index.html

So, no reduction in applicants in this category.

hec006 said:
yes, you are correct. only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply, even if they have the minimum marks( including French skill, kids, stay in quebec etc.) to apply.

Also note that, people in country like india, pakistan etc. who has completed their degree in BSc., B.COM( without any master degree) in 3 years will also not be able to apply. Because, in quebec the bachelor degree takes 4 years. the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse.

In previous cases, these people were eligible to apply. I think, putting this rule, they have cut down application at least 20-30%.

bullrules

Star Member
May 22, 2012
hec006 said:

Can you please let me know if i am eligible to apply as per the new rules.

I completed my MCA (MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) from SVUniversity INDIA as a full time. I completed it in 2002 and currently having 10+ years of exp as software engineer.

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Dear Senior,

What about who have completed his graduation before 5 years ago and he is having full time acadmic experiance till now...Will he submit his application?

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
@c82,
See if you meet the requirement as highlighted below:

"The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma."

This text is taken from the MICC's official website: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html

Good luck!

c82 said:
Dear Senior,

What about who have completed his graduation before 5 years ago and he is having full time acadmic experiance till now...Will he submit his application?