Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
LiNa2010 said:
read crefully....most of us will be able to apply because we all belong here:

You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

this is the same decision made on March 21
Hello lina & regina,

Yes.. you are correct.. Thanks !!

These quebec immigration guys are really confusing !!! :D

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hello friends...
To everyone who has recently commented on my post of new announcement made by MICC regarding "receipt of applications" and also to those who have the same feelings like those but they have not expressed it explicitly....

I express my deepest appologies if you found that I am deceiving others or I m misleading others....

This is not my purpose or motive of joining this forum and this is not my philosophy of life.

Always I have believed that "Giving always gives back something more better in return.." so you will receive only that you have given to others.

In my previous post, I just expressed my understanding about the recent notice posted on quebec website and specifically about the words "will not be accepted" used in this notice.
and I think everyone on this forum is free to post about his views and thoughts.
If you dont agree with it, then surely you can comment on it... But pls dont use NEGATIVE words in your posts... Previously also we have a very long debate amongst forum members for use of such words.

I have always tried to help anyone on this forum coming from any part of this world whenever in need.
I wish you would have understand my intentions and feelings before the use of words for me such as "deceiving" and "misleading" in your post.

May GOD bless us all with the wisdom and respect for others. :)
We all are going to meet each other in quebec some or other times... And definitely we will be helping each other there also, such as we are trying to do it here in this forum. :) So why to create any negative atmosphere here among each other...

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
now i am going to submit a long post here this forum has been a blessing to all potential future quebecers but i think now some people have formed a habit of jumping to conclusions too early this leads to a sentiment that people are being misguided here although that might not be the reality

the quebec skilled worker is still open i quote from there site
skilled workers
See below to determine if you can submit
an application in the Skilled worker class
between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013

You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

the list of areas of training is same as before march 2012
the rules are same only they have been compiled and presented differently people with 2 or 0 points on aot cant apply now which was applicable earlier also as the same decision was already taken on 21st march 2012

nothing has changed guys so take a chill pill and qsw is wide open
also the aot list is going to change in october 2012 , believe it or not it will change in october 2012 i repeat 2012 and not 2013
u can see a video of a leading immigration consultant from montreal on youtube just type quebec immigration and you will have all your answers
so i want to tell all those who are ready with their application apply now asap as their aots might not be there after october 2012

also to explain the controversy of new rules applicable to old applicants pre 21st march regarding french results
see pre 21st march there was no marks criteria for french proficiency as a result all was very dark and ambiguous and it was the decision of officer to award points according to performance in interview
therefore immigration officers have very cleverly used this loophole to their advantage as now those old applicants called for interview if they have marks less than 16 officer uses this as an excuse to award less points as pre 21st march marks were awarded during interview in a very ambiguous manner and the applicant can do nothing here bcoz IO has the power and he can take decision without having to explain it to the candidate
this is the advantage of a marks based points system if you get more than 16 you are awarded points otherwise not its as clear as that
so plz dont be selfish and help others
also the main aim of quebec immigration ministry to take such a decision on 21st march was to prevent backlog from further swelling up and not reducing it.
the new applicants will always be cleared first as the rules are more strict now and the currennt system is for treating applications and clearing them in 1 year whereas old applicants will stiil have to undergo lot of pain and wait to be called for interview as the current priority of quebec ministry to prevent increase in backlog and not to treat the backlogs first as that will only further increase the overall backlogs as the current applications with latest updated documentswill add on to the current reserve of backlogs and why would quebec focus more on old applications as compared to up to date new ones.....

reginaforquebec

May 20, 2012
mkshah said:
hello friends...
To everyone who has recently commented on my post of new announcement made by MICC regarding "receipt of applications" and also to those who have the same feelings like those but they have not expressed it explicitly....

I express my deepest appologies if you found that I am deceiving others or I m misleading others....

This is not my purpose or motive of joining this forum and this is not my philosophy of life.

Always I have believed that "Giving always gives back something more better in return.." so you will receive only that you have given to others.

In my previous post, I just expressed my understanding about the recent notice posted on quebec website and specifically about the words "will not be accepted" used in this notice.
and I think everyone on this forum is free to post about his views and thoughts.
If you dont agree with it, then surely you can comment on it... But pls dont use NEGATIVE words in your posts... Previously also we have a very long debate amongst forum members for use of such words.

I have always tried to help anyone on this forum coming from any part of this world whenever in need.
I wish you would have understand my intentions and feelings before the use of words for me such as "deceiving" and "misleading" in your post.

May GOD bless us all with the wisdom and respect for others. :)
We all are going to meet each other in quebec some or other times... And definitely we will be helping each other there also, such as we are trying to do it here in this forum. :) So why to create any negative atmosphere here among each other...
Hi mkshah,

Yes i know you on this thread, i know your intention to help others and im one of those you guiding me in qsw and answer my query.I am new in this forum and i know thiswill help me in my journey to quebec one day thats why all the information here is very helpful for me. Im one of the aspiring applicant out there whom i preparing my docs and have my hope to succeed in this journey. Yes you are correct when you say 'we are here to help each other'..thats the kind of spirit we need most especially new applicants. MKSHAH im not saying a negative word from you is just to remind you whenever there is need for correction. I admire u alot when u advise someone who needed help and u guide them. I salute u for that. Anyway lets connect each other here to succeed in our journey. Lets be positive becos tomorrow we dont know what will happen to canada immigration as we know they very fragile in their immigration policy . Thank u mkshah continue to be a good example to others. Godbless us all.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi friend,
thank you so much for your positive words... :)

Just to share with you...

They have updated the page of "Number of Applications Received" and They have completely removed the number of applications received under each immigration sub-category as per the rules post 21-March-2012.

Pls check this link:
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html

I also read the point they have mentioned below the notice about AOT of 6, 12 or 16 pts.

reginaforquebec said:
Hi mkshah,

Yes i know you on this thread, i know your intention to help others and im one of those you guiding me in qsw and answer my query.I am new in this forum and i know thiswill help me in my journey to quebec one day thats why all the information here is very helpful for me. Im one of the aspiring applicant out there whom i preparing my docs and have my hope to succeed in this journey. Yes you are correct when you say 'we are here to help each other'..thats the kind of spirit we need most especially new applicants. MKSHAH im not saying a negative word from you is just to remind you whenever there is need for correction. I admire u alot when u advise someone who needed help and u guide them. I salute u for that. Anyway lets connect each other here to succeed in our journey. Lets be positive becos tomorrow we dont know what will happen to canada immigration as we know they very fragile in their immigration policy . Thank u mkshah continue to be a good example to others. Godbless us all.

LiNa2010

Nov 5, 2010
Croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2012
AOR Received.
14/11/2012
mkshah...I have no negative words for you....you have been helping a lot and keep on doing ;)

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
Guys, I have a question. I'm slight confused.

So they are no longer accepting new FEDERAL skilled Worker Applications, but does that apply to those who have a selection certificate too or is it just for the normal Federal Skilled Worker program (the one with NOC occupation list)? For example: What happens if say by November 2012, someone gets their selection certificate (given they applied for it a few months ago), does that mean that person has to wait until July 2013 to make a formal application for the Federal Application or can they still send their application? ???

Basically does the new "temporary freeze on immigration applications" law apply to Quebec Skilled Worker program too or just the normal Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shay89 said:

So they are no longer accepting new FEDERAL skilled Worker Applications, but does that apply to those who have a selection certificate too or is it just for the normal Federal Skilled Worker program (the one with NOC occupation list)? For example: What happens if say by November 2012, someone gets their selection certificate (given they applied for it a few months ago), does that mean that person has to wait until July 2013 to make a formal application for the Federal Application or can they still send their application? ???

Basically does the new "temporary freeze on immigration applications" law apply to Quebec Skilled Worker program too or just the normal Federal Skilled Worker Program?

It's only for the people applying at the federal level program with qualifying occupation ,someone selected by Quebec is not affected for the federal part .

calmblue

Jun 30, 2012
Hi all,

I'm a software engineer working in New Jersey, USA and applied for Quebec CSQ in Sept. 2011. I received my notification (AOR) in Nov. 2011 and am waiting for interview. I want to connect with other applicants to motivate each other for French and other aspects of interview preparation. I have made my email address public in my profile.

At present I'm using Rosetta Stone total 4E course to prepare myself for French.

What do you guys think about new rules that came in effect on June 29th, 2012. Do you think clearing TEFAQ is important for us?...I know for Pre- Dec 2011 applicants it isn't officially required to clear french exams but do you think the level of French proficiency required is going to be higher now? I plan to clear at least around A2 level - by clearing TEFAQ exam. I can say some sentences and understand some and also beginning knowledge of grammar, but much work ahead is needed. I also took A1 101 French course at alliance francaise New York.

Please share your experiences and let's connect via email (See my profile) to motivate each other.

Thanks
Rahul

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
shay89 said:

The freeze is clearly for FSW, anybody that has CSQ or obtains CSQ at a later time can certainly apply for their Federal process as soon as they are ready.

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
4glory said:
The freeze is clearly for FSW, anybody that has CSQ or obtains CSQ at a later time can certainly apply for their Federal process as soon as they are ready.
4Glory and Patriots1700,

Thanks for your replies. I'm relieved now that both of you have confirmed that it doesn't apply to QSW.

geethareddy

Jun 30, 2012
Hello All,

I am Geeta, we are living in USA, we applied for Quebec PR last year APR 2011. After all, we got the letter yesterday saying the below. I really do not know anything about the French, so used google translator to convert the letter in French to English. I am pasting the content below (RED) (Green)

My questions are:
Will they call us for the interview in next couple of weeks/months?
I am working as a software engineer, i am not sure what is the best way to learn French?
Will they ask us for the proof of french learning OR will they ONLY care about our proficiency and fluency in French?
What happens if i cannot answer the questions well enough in FRENCH?

Please please answer my questions.

N ref. ind: NA00XXXXX
N File: NA0000XXXX
14 June 2012
Subject: Interview selection in new york

sir,
We have reviewed your project of establishment in quebec and thank you.

To this end, we wish to inform you that you are enrolled (e) on a waiting list for a selection interview with a Councillor or a counselor Iimmigration. Of the date of your interview will be arrested, we will communicate with you again.

We wish to point out that the content of our sossiers being strictly confidential, we do not give any information by telephone on immigration applications.
Please accept, Sir, the assurances of our best wishes.