Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Hec,

As you know it was not mandatory in the past to submit french scores but applicants stated on the form the level they would expect to reach. The waiting period is a while and it was advised to learn as much french to support the level you claimed. If at the time the interview was called or if the visa office contacted you to give the evidence within 60 days and you could not supply it, your application would be closed. Thus, candidates should have set realistic targets for the level they wanted to achieve...you are continuously missing the point on what I am trying to tell you, and I am running out of ways I can reformulate my words for you to understand. So to put this to rest, all I am indicating is what you place on the form please ensure you can support it and set realistic targets.

This rule as we all know has changed since, now it adds more reason if you want to claim the necessary language points you better have the supporting documents that is consistent to your claim.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
hec006 said:
What do u think if you have B2 level certification that means you are master in French. No, it's definitely proof your ability somewhat. But that's not all. many French companaies don't rely on french results .. they take only native french speaking person.
You need to do more reading my friend, B2 can get you accepted in a French University and gain you positions in a job that requires French communique. B2 which corresponds to the 7 in the older GPI if one hasthis level they can be regarded as francophonie...again please do not type superfluous arguments that may mislead others

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Bajan4Quebec said:
Actually, if you are a native French speaker you did not have to submit test scores...for example some persons I know from haiti and Guadeloupe did not have too.- maybe if any person in france for last one year, he can be good in french and may be at B2 level.If they don't need to submit the test result the why the question is coming to submit the exact level that I have written in application. Maybe in in Africa, any pesron works in french company he can be at B2 level.

Alas, you understand my point it depends on the prevailing GPI so therefore old candidates are judged on the GPI for that time and new candidates are judged on the new GPI.- yes correct and logical. But, BIQ has not mentioned anywhere that old GPI for old applicant and New GPI for applicant and they have appied 16/25 rule for Quebec2011 etc. So to put the argument to rest why do you fear if your french score will be calculated on new GPI rule?- I am not afraid.I want to just know the real fact. They have implemented 16/25, they have applied mandatory test result( It is retroactive). they have applied A2=2 points..But You are an old (not age but year lol) applicant arent you? - Yes It gives more solid reason therefore that Quebec2011 was not judged via new rule but rather on the document- Document submitted B1( should receive 8, has got 7) that he/she supplied as support to their claim in the application. I hope you are clear ( i am already crystal clear-)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
hec006 said:
What do u think if you have B2 level certification that means you are master in French. No, it's definitely proof your ability somewhat. But that's not all. many French companaies don't rely on french results .. they take only native french speaking person. do you see how this argument you posit does not make much sense? You are vying for a CSQ which is predominantly French speaking and I add to work...why the do they accept persons from india, the caribbean, Asia which isnt french to work...if French companies dont rely on french results and take native french speakers...why doesnt Quebec immigration just take on those applicants from france, la reunion island, martinque, French regions in Africa, eh? Again I implore you not to mislead

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Bajan4Quebec said:
You need to do more reading my friend, B2 can get you accepted in a French University and gain you positions in a job that requires French communique. B2 which corresponds to the 7 in the older GPI if one hasthis level they can be regarded as francophonie...again please do not type superfluous arguments that may mislead others
We are tailking about points not french level. B2=12, B1=8

Yes, B2 is the fracophony people designated by Immigration department. and also B2 is very prestigious level. But, studying four year in french in other countries, you can be francophony, need not to attain DELF B2.

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Bajan4Quebec said:

I am not misleading others... You are not just want to obey 16/25 rule for old and new applicant. yes, I know University take B2 level. But, I am saying without attaining B2 level in Exam, u can also increase your proficiency. to B2 level by other ways( that's the quebec2011 claimed.. He hs submitted test result B1 .. but he claimed that he has attained at B2 level on self basis). That's the point. You can see many B2 students are not Fluent in french. yes, As per shortlisting B2 can be taken. Not on the basis B2 certificate, one can't get job. they have to be fluent. there are many practical things my friend.. Academic or just reading is not the world.Don't be misunderstood and mislead other people.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
hec006 said:
I am not misleading others... You are not just want to obey 16/25 rule for old and new applicant. yes, I know University take B2 level. But, I am saying without attaining B2 level in Exam, u can also increase your proficiency. to B2 level by other ways. That's the point. You can see many B2 students are not Fluent in french. yes, As per shortlisting B2 can be taken. Not on the basis B2 certificate, one can't get job. they have to be fluent. there are many practical things my friend.. Academic or just reading is not the world.Don't be misunderstood and mislead other people.
j'ai avais assez, c'est pénible à continuer... vous ne comprenez pas

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Bajan4Quebec said:
j'ai avais assez, c'est pénible à continuer... vous ne comprenez pas
Nous devons obéir à la vérité .. nous ne pouvons pas l'ignorer, même si elle est trop amère

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
quebec2011 said:
I have DELF b1 my friend and there is nothing like french improvement, they haven't considered some of the points that is the reason for my rejection.

Age 16/16 - correct
Qualification 6/12 bachelor of business management - correct
Area of training 0/16 - Correct-BBM is completed after 15 years of full time study- Points 6 ( assumed by Quebec 2011)
Experience 4/8 I have more than 3 years of experience - maybe Experience is taken as part time.. less than 35 hours of booking per week.- Points 6 (assumed by quenbec2011)
french 7/16 I have Delf b1 - Correct- As per new rule -4+3=7 - points 12 ( assumed by quebec2011)
English 6/6 - Correct ( Based on test results or based previous degree course or job in English.?)
Wife's age 3/3 - Correct
Wife's Qualification 0/3 - Not sure :eek:, Only Possible if she has passed secondary examination
wife's area of training 0 - Based on the Qualification decision
French 2/6 - Correct
financial self sufficiency 1/1 - Correct

Good luck everyone
if quebec2011 post detail data, it can be understood. based on this data.. I have assumed many things.

Xhanim

Apr 23, 2012
Xhanim said:
Hello friends, I have a problem with the following:

The career I studied in my country (Bsc. Computer Science) takes close to 5 years to complete, plus 11 years of primary + secondary school puts it around 16 hours that it takes to complete it in quebec.

Now, when I started studying the university I was at decided to do 3 periods per year instead of 2, resulting in a shorted period to graduate (3.5 years).. but with the same study pensum. Yet it still took me around 5 years to graduate (my fault here)

So, where does this put me? I really need to know if I count with the 10 + 6 points in degree + AOT because if not I don't meet the minimum requirement :/

Thank you.
Anyone?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hello friends,
I was quite busy with my work schedule, so replying late to your comments. It seems that we have missed the actual point of our discussion here.
@ hec006, pls share any official info from quebec immigration authorities that this new changes which we are witnessing will be applicable to all applicants including old applications also which were submitted before the date of this changes?
do you have any written proof about your claims apart from just 2 cases of forum members...?

Also to point out how immigration process works, I would suggest you to observe the implications of changes in FSW and immigration rules of other countries.
As we have seen FSW have 3 MIs published till date and each MI has specific rules for applicants. Now you cannot evaluate pre-feb 2008 fsw applicant or MI 1 applicant or MI 2 applicant with MI 3 regulations. They will be evaluated by the regulations prevailing at the time of submitting application.
The same thing can be applied to qsw too. And that is the reason of publishing GPI (Guide of Immigration Procedures) every month by quebec authorities.
pls share with us any official annoucement or any official data by quebec immigration website that endorses your assumption of treating old applications with newer rules such as 16/25 rule (this was first published in sep-2011 GPI edition).

@ Bajan4Quebec,
With regard to the old applicants, You have raised very valid point of comparing the french level declared in the application and french level assessed by IO/VO at the time of interview. This can be a reason why quebec2011 and walkingmarvel may have got the lesser points than actual points for french proficiency.
One more thing is that you did very good research for the 2 forum members to find that there were many reasons apart from less points given for french proficiency.
And yes, I checked various job posting on job search portals of quebec and they are specifically demanding for very high level of french proficiency, especially for jobs that pays good wages. For entry level jobs, such language skills are not of much importance. Even a high beginner level french proficiency will be sufficient for entry level jobs.

mkshah said:
hi francaise, Bajan4quebec & other forum members,
Now that we are witnessing tremendous changes in immigration rules for qsw....
It becomes really worrysome for us that new rules will be applicable to old applicants or not.

Now, what i think is that, to evaluate the application for selection certificate, usually IO refers to GPI documents prevailing at the time of application. And points are awarded as per the rules mentioned in this GPI documents.

Such as, for march 2011 applicants, GPI document of march 2011 will be referred.

So, I think this new rule for DELF points will become applicable to all new applicants of April 2012 and after that. It will not afftect the status of applications received on prior date.

May be in case of 2 members quebec2011 & walkingmarvel, it can be due an individual IO who
evaluated their cases based on newer rules, but as general experience, qsw applications are evaluated based on GPI documents prevailing at the time of application is received.
hec006 said:
Hello Mkshah, bajan4Quebec,

Whatever you have said is completely as per rule and logical. But also, we can can't avoid the proof declared by francaise.

Moreover, BIQ doesn't put any comments on Points(not in email or any declaration) on individual basis, until the person is getting Preliminary evaluation. We don't know who will be our visa officer and what rule he will apply. This is not logical answer. The IO of Quebec2011, Walkingmarvel etc can't do anything that is against the rule of Quebec immigration.

In addition to the above fact, we don't have any solid proof that any old applicant has been evaluated as per the old rule to nullify the case of Quebec2011, Walkingmarvel.

So whatever has happened for Quebec2011, Walkingmarvel ..same thing will be happened for all.

here result=k.(Quebec Rule) and not Result=k(IO)

K= Assumption of BIQ.. they will select the rule(among all changed rule), which will be applied to old or new or both applicants.

But the main problem, K is not written anywhere. Anybody sends email to BIQ to know about the K, they will say "we don't comments on points".

Now the 16/25 rule is conformed for all. All means old and new both.

A2=2 point. Don't have the proof till now. May be we will get later. Requesting to all to share your preliminary results in detail.

IELTS will be on Old or new rule. Requesting to all to share your preliminary results in detail.

Other cases ... I think will be same.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey everyone

they reached october 2010 applicants, its going quickly

so 2011 applicants go on practice french youll be called in few months, time passes tooooooooooo quickly

depends on the your Area A B C D , A will be called b4 maybe :D

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hello friends,
I was quite busy with my work schedule, so replying late to your comments. It seems that we have missed the actual point of our discussion here.
@ hec006, pls share any official info from quebec immigration authorities that this new changes which we are witnessing will be applicable to all applicants including old applications also which were submitted before the date of this changes?
do you have any written proof about your claims apart from just 2 cases of forum members...?

Also to point out how immigration process works, I would suggest you to observe the implications of changes in FSW and immigration rules of other countries.
As we have seen FSW have 3 MIs published till date and each MI has specific rules for applicants. Now you cannot evaluate pre-feb 2008 fsw applicant with MI 3 regulations. They will be evaluated by the regulations prevailing at the time of submitting application.
The same thing can be applied to qsw too. And that is the reason of publishing GPI (Guide of Immigration Procedures) every month by quebec authorities.
pls share with us any official annoucement or any official data by quebec immigration website that endorses your assumption of treating old applications with newer rules such as 16/25 rule (this was first published in sep-2011 GPI edition).

@ Bajan4Quebec,
With regard to the old applicants, You have raised very valid point of comparing the french level declared in the application and french level assessed by IO/VO at the time of interview. This can be a reason why quebec2011 and walkingmarvel may have got the lesser points than actual points for french proficiency.
One more thing is that you did very good research for the 2 forum members to find that there were many reasons apart from less points given for french proficiency.
And yes, I checked various job posting on job search portals of quebec and they are specifically demanding for very high level of french proficiency, especially for jobs that pays good wages. For entry level jobs, such language skills are not of much importance. Even a high beginner level french proficiency will be sufficient for entry level jobs.

Monsieur mkshah, 2 cases are enough to prove that new rules are applicable for old applicants also. As you have written in your previous post "it can be due an individual IO who
evaluated their cases based on newer rules".... By the way, these 2 people were not the enemies of BIQ, that their cases were assessed according to new rule, even one of the 2 applicants applied for administrative review, when the result came out, then they didn't increase his french points.. just look at the post given below. Now don't say that the same IO re-assessed his case in administrative review.. :D ...

quebec2011 said:
they have considered my DELF B1 result as per new rule and they had given me 7/16 instead of 8/16 because listening part 12/25, though in the appeal letter I had mentioned this but it seems that they don't consider anything at all once they make their decisions.

good luck

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
francaise said:
Monsieur mkshah, 2 cases are enough to prove that new rules are applicable for old applicants also. As you have written in your previous post "it can be due an individual IO who
evaluated their cases based on newer rules".... By the way, these 2 people were not the enemies of BIQ, that their cases were assessed according to new rule, even one of the 2 applicants applied for administrative review, when the result came out, then they didn't increase his french points.. just look at the post given below. Now don't say that the same IO re-assessed his case in administrative review.. :D ...
Lol... Monsieur francaise, i didnt say anywhere that this 2 forum members were enemies of IO or BIQ... :D but below is what this member mentioned about BIQ and IO..
quebec2011 said:
My dear friend,

My area of training is exactly matching my experience and moreover I was awarded this degree in the past 5 years so definitely there is something wrong in BIQ hk. Anyways there is another person like me who has been rejected based on same reason. he is engineer.

check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.11985.html

And yes... 2 cases are just like droplets among the vast sea of applicants who sent their qsw applications. So 2 cases are not enough for me. I will not believe on any oral info or any member's assumption.
Will wait for official info from quebec immigration authorities for this matter.
thanks for your valuable inputs here. But, if we are not having anything in black & white and in legal form regarding the implications of new rules, then why are we believing in assumptions and guesses and arguing so much... Spending our valuable time and energies..?????

It is better to wait for each member's individual turn for interview and then see... If you are treated with new rules or old rules.

[size=16pt] I strongly believe that old applicants will be treated as per rules prevailing at the time of their application was submitted. If anyone disagrees... It is your own opinion and I have no problem against your beliefs... Anyone can believe anything, without any official endorsement... !

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Salut a touts! j'espere vous etes touts bon Smiley

i have a question. As i've calculated/ assessed my self, i got 56 points already. Is there possibility that i will be rejected on my interview? because I only know basic French and did not take any French exam Sad please enlighten me. Merci Sad