22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
mkshah said:
@ engineeer2003, pls check link in below post for latest info on selection missions for qsw.

Here is the link:

Schedule of Selection Missions...

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/Programmation-missions-travailleurs-lieu-en.pdf

Note: If you have bookmarked the above link in your browser then "REFRESH" your webpage in order to see the update.
I think this is old one.
Last modification: 2012-02-29

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
mdammalli said:
I think this is old one.
Last modification: 2012-02-29
it also has interview dates of April, May, June 2012 for many BIQs.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
nevillek said:
Friends, do you guys fill the application form in pen or type it on computer? It is much better to type and save it on your computer, which you can print and send. Remember to keep a copy for yourself, in case you are invited for interview

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
nevillek said:
Friends, do you guys fill the application form in pen or type it on computer?
1. Be smart, avoid the ink and fill it out on your computer. The linked pdf is fillable: just save it somewhere on your computer and fill it out by opening it from there (don't fill it out in your browser).

2.The form itself is very straightforward. Be realistic about your language skills. It might bite you later on if you overestimate your knowledge of either languages (if you have to go to an interview). Underestimating is also not recommended, as you might end up needlessly at an interview. To access your language ability use this link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/french-language/Grille-autoevaluation-en.pdf

3. I also advise you strongly to evaluate your chances at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

The result is instant and free, you must bear in mind it is an estimate and the decision does not mean your application will be accepted. The same goes for the score forum members may give you in evaluating your credentials.

4.If, your assessment is positive gather all supporting documents and attach all the required forms and documents.

5.Be sure to sign the Contrat relatif a la capacite financiere (self financing), as it's an important piece of paper.

6.Attach payment. I paid by credit card, it allowed me to see when they started processing my file (this is when they charge the card).

7.Be sure to have certified copies of everything that's not an original and translated versions of documents that are not in French or English.

8.In principle, if you have doubts about the completeness of your application, contact Immigration Quebec. There are many ways: in person, phone, email, fax, snail mail.

9.Send your application with a traceable service (fed ex, dhl, or another traceable courier) so that you know it arrived safely. Make photocopies of everything you send.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
ghie87 said:
hi everyone!

i hope you could help me get answers.. thank u..
Hello ghie87

First of all I want to welcome you to this forum, the members here truly seek to help each other through any difficulty that may arise in their application process. I also regret to inform you that the mood in this blog is very somber at this time, given at least two (2) of our active forum members had been rejected for a CSQ. I can only speak for myself, but I believe the reason your credential weren't calculated by fellow forum members up to now is because persons may be unsure of the points/ hopes they give you in their calculations. Forum members can only give an estimate, but your true score depends on the visa officer looking over your file. In this respect, may I direct you to the official MICC site to do a free evaluation at this link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

For a single applicant your score must be greater or equal 49 and with a spouse your score must be greater than or equal to 57. see here http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Looking briefly at your credentials, you are about to be married which implies you must obtain 57 and greater in your file. I will advise you and your spouse to learn as much French and do the necessary exams to strengthen your case the same goes for English. After Decemebr 5, 2011 a decision was made all applicants wanting to claim points for both English and/or French must have the supporting documents (approved test) attached.

Notes:

Work experience must have been accumulated during the five years preceding the application date.
Work experience includes remunerated employment and internships, whether remunerated or not. (so your work experience is fine)

So I invite you to "play around" with the first link, this will tell you the level of French and English you will need to have among other things....

I wish you good luck

and congratulations on your soon to be wedding and new family

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
nevillek said:
bajan ...thx...

but the New PDF is not fillable n the Montreal biq csr told me blue ink!?
It is fillable, there is a program that allows you to do it, I don't have the program but another member may have. My friend, neatness is key...I will advise using the computer. Remember do not type in all caps and do not leave any spaces blank instead use "N/A."

Ps. the Montreal BIQ csr telling you to use ink was not put in writing (therefore you have no proof) so if you get into trouble later for using ink you have no basis. just some tips to help you my friend

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Bajan4Quebec said:
It is fillable, there is a program that allows you to do it, I don't have the program but another member may have. My friend, neatness is key...I will advise using the computer. Remember do not type in all caps and do not leave any spaces blank instead use "N/A."

Ps. the Montreal BIQ csr telling you to use ink was not put in writing (therefore you have no proof) so if you get into trouble later for using ink you have no basis. just some tips to help you my friend

OOPS YES! It is fillable! I use Foxit Reader software and it works just fine. Now I have only one doubt... that is regarding residential address...in the space for residential address, there are things like 'Number' 'Street' 'App' in very small letters exactly above the space for filling up address.....but in my passport addressk, the street comes later and the building name comes first and also, there is a road name too..

For example:

7, ABC Building,
XYZ Street,
White Road.

So how should I fill up 'Street' and 'App'? Should it be as per my passport or as per the form? I am just afraid because in the 'Contract for Financial self-sufficiency, I am filling up the address as per my passport because there is nothing like 'Number' 'Street' 'App' written above the empty space.

So what should I do? Highly appreciate the help :)

P.S.
1) Should family name be in all caps like they have in French? I am from India.
2) Should the first 3 pages of INSTRUCTIONS be printed too?
3) The PDF doesn't allow '+' sign in the telephone numbers so if my number starts with +91...what should I put?
4) Section 7 of the 'App for CSQ' form asks to 'List every place you have lived in the past 10 years' with date, address, everything...this is very confusing! What am I supposed to fill in? Home? Abroad stay? Holidays? What?
5) Are 10th and 12th class exams (I.C.S.E. and H.S.C.) called a diploma and required to be filled in Section 8 (Education excluding Elementary School)? Or do we need to only put the Bachelor degree in that field?

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
nevillek said:

OOPS YES! It is fillable! (This I know) I use Foxit Reader software and it works just fine. Now I have only one doubt... that is regarding residential address...in the space for residential address, there are things like 'Number' 'Street' 'App' in very small letters exactly above the space for filling up address.....but in my passport addressk, the street comes later and the building name comes first and also, there is a road name too..

For example:

7, ABC Building,
XYZ Street,
White Road. (This is incorrect)

So how should I fill up 'Street' and 'App'? Should it be as per my passport or as per the form? You should complete as per form, you are applying for a CSQ not a passport. Therefore your address on the form should be displayed as follows:

23 rue Victor Hugo # and Street
18e Arrondissement City/Region
12345 Postal Code
France Country

Consider this your first lesson in adaptability - do it the Canadian way and do what is asked of you failure to conform your file will be incomplete

I am just afraid because in the 'Contract for Financial self-sufficiency, I am filling up the address as per my passport because there is nothing like 'Number' 'Street' 'App' written above the empty space.

This is incorrect, I advise you strongly to be as consistent as possible follow the same format throughout. If you have noticed on this new CSQ application form: Question 8 and Question 12 follows the same format of "Name, Street, App., City, Region etc...Therefore for self sufficiency follow their format. Besides, you have to make a copy of your passport anyway and the visa officer will see your passport format

So what should I do? Highly appreciate the help :)

P.S. (are you sure you only had one doubt? LOL)

1) Should family name be in all caps like they have in French? I am from India.

This is incorrect for filling out the form in English. If you had been completing your form in all French it will be fine. for example:

Nom de famille: DOE
Nom: John

but in english to type all caps on an official form is highly offensive, unless they request it, it indicates a strict command/demand. Are you demanding that they award you with a CSQ?

2) Should the first 3 pages of INSTRUCTIONS be printed too?

Yes, keep the form in its entirety

3) The PDF doesn't allow '+' sign in the telephone numbers so if my number starts with +91...what should I put?

Write out what the + indicates for example 001

4) Section 7 of the 'App for CSQ' form asks to 'List every place you have lived in the past 10 years' with date, address, everything...this is very confusing! What am I supposed to fill in? Home? Abroad stay? Holidays? What?

Places you have "lived" for habitual purposes...for example, if you had lived in a foreign country other than your own, for over a year. If you had studied abroad, list the Dorm/residence you stayed. If you moved from apartment to apartment frequently list each of them. Please do not leave any gaps in the dates. Therefore if you wrote you quit a residence on April 25, 2012 do not write that you started a new residence July 01, 2012. The visa officer will question the missing months, you must write you started a new residence on April 26, 2012 to close up all gaps.

5) Are 10th and 12th class exams (I.C.S.E. and H.S.C.) called a diploma and required to be filled in Section 8 (Education excluding Elementary School)? Or do we need to only put the Bachelor degree in that field?

applied before these changes were made, I submitted my Certificates and Transcripts for my College, Bachelors and Master's Degrees. I am not sure with the change, another forum member may help more with this. But all the degrees that you list you must supply supporting documents[color

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks a lot Bajan...

1) So if I went to U.S.A. for a month on a tourist/visitor visa to visit a family member, I don't have to put it in the 'places I have lived in the past 10 years'? Are you 100% sure of this? Because I spoke to a Montreal CSR again to ask this, she didn't appear too sure herself, but she was saying something like 'put all the places, it doesn't hurt to put more'.

2) Another question regarding the same thing is, if I am living in the same place for not just the last 10 years, but from my birth which is the last 25 years, should I put 25th April, 2002 to 25th April 2012 in the space for example because it says last 10 years OR should I put 20th January, 1987 to 25th April 2012?

Thanks so much~

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
nevillek said:
Thanks a lot Bajan...so if I went to U.S.A. for a month on a tourist/visitor visa to visit a family member, I don't have to put it in the 'places I have lived in the past 10 years'? Are you 100% sure of this? Because I spoke to a Montreal CSR again to ask this, she didn't appear too sure herself, but she was saying something like 'put all the places, it doesn't hurt to put more'.

Only include locations where you have resided for more than 4 weeks

Another question regarding the same thing is, if I am living in the same place for not just the last 10 years, but from my birth which is the last 25 years, should I put 25th April, 2002 to 25th April 2012 in the space for example because it says last 10 years OR should I put 20th January, 1987 to 25th April 2012?

why would you put April 25, 2002 if you lived the same place for the last 25 years? you should therefore put 20th Jan, 1987 to Blank....because you still live there presently, if you put todays date it will indicate you do not live there anymore from today and thus the visa officer will be looking for where you currently live after today. understood? so it will be 20th January 1987 to blank.

Alternatvely, since you said you stayed by your family member. Let's say you stayed there from 1st December 2005, to December 31, 2005 in NY USA then you should put most recent first for example:

Dates Address

a)January 1st 2006 to Blank space: 23, Rich street Mumbai India
(it will not allow you to write "present" in the box nor sould you attempt to do this)

b)December 1st, 2005 - December 31, 2005: 100 Liberty Ave. Brooklyn NY,NY USA

c)January 20th, 1987 - November 30th, 2005: 23 Rich Street, Mumbai India

Thanks so much~

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks a lot again Bajan. Actually, I downloaded the LATEST application form which is NOT fillable. They have clearly mentioned "Dynamic PDF to come" which means they will be putting up the fillable version soon but I don't want to wait for that so I am just filling up the printed form in BLUE ink. See this link:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/index.html

Also, can you please help me here, I am very confused:

B.Com. in Accounting and Finance done in 2009
M.Com. in Management done in 2011

What is the name and code of my AREA OF TRAINING? I need to put this in my Application Form ASAP. The instructions in the form mention that I need to visit the lists on the following sites to find that out but all of it is in French and I am extremely confused:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/areas-12-16/
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/areas-6/

I don't see 'Masters' degree anywhere in AOT anywhere. Secondly, I don't know if it's a Quebec-recognized degree or a foreign degree recognized by the MRA (Mutual Recognition Agreement)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
nevillek said:
Thanks a lot again Bajan. Actually, I downloaded the LATEST application form which is NOT fillable. They have clearly mentioned "Dynamic PDF to come" which means they will be putting up the fillable version soon but I don't want to wait for that so I am just filling up the printed form in BLUE ink.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/index.html

Also, can you please help me here, I am very confused:

B.Com. in Accounting and Finance done in 2009
M.Com. in Management done in 2011

What is the name and code of my AREA OF TRAINING? I need to put this in my Application Form ASAP. The instructions in the form mention that I need to visit the lists on the following sites to find that out but all of it is in French and I am extremely confused:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/areas-12-16/
for NOC codes see link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

click on NOC 2011 Occupational Description

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Bajan4Quebec said:
for NOC codes see link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

click on NOC 2011 Occupational Description
But it's asking for the AOT code and not the NOC code. The AOT codes are different, check this PDF:

My main problem is not the code but the AOT name. If I have a B.Com. in Acctg. and M.Com. in Finance, what should be the name of my AOT?

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008

Have patience in life. Everybody will get success in their life.

All fruits do not ripen in one season.--Laurie Junot

just enjoy the beat of dhol. Cheers.

Xhanim

Apr 23, 2012
Dear engineer2003,

Thanks for the encouragement words :) sorry I cannot reply you through PM because apparently my account isnt allowed to send them.

About the TEFAQ, best way to prepare for the exam is to study a lot the types of exercises that are going to come up on it, this book: "TEF - Test d'evaluation de Francais: 250 activites" is a very good studying tool.

It is important that you train your hearing with different kind of oral comprehension exercises, it is all about trial and error until you start to listen better.

For the oral expression part be sure to have your lexique in order and try to impress them with complex phrases but without trying too hard, it has to come naturally, for that I really recomend you to study and practice with the book "Grammaire progressive du francais. Niveau avance", it will cover almost all the bases of the theory.

Any other question, just ask :)

By the way, I have a friend who is about to send his file with me, but he has gathered 50 points in total (just one over the minimum required) with B1 in both french competences, what would you recommend to him so he could get more points after sending the file? he is going to try for a B2 delf exam and he has not been in quebec before or gotten a job offer.

Thanks.