Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hi Friend,

It is not so automatic, to qualify for the CSQ one has to satisfy certain criteria mainly providing proof of French and IELTS, Education and AOT being consistent to acquire the points needed...More to this, Quebec has started tightening up its immigration requirements grouping applicants. Surely some will resort to look towards Quebec...But I believe most will look more towards the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) since this is similar to the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program. We must be mindful of their situation, imagine waiting for so long and such a decision was made, imagine the rejection and anguish...So I won't say pessimistic, but rather I applaude them for getting up again and mustering the courage to find an avenue to realise their dreams, I would have done the same thing. We are all vying for an opportunity to live our dreams in Canada, lets be mindful of this and encourage each other....So for me I look at them with optimism and respect, because that courage to stand is what we all need.
appreciate your concerns, but the problem is that i am waiting for my A2 results to be out so that i can atleast put in my application. i have enough points without the french language but just waiting for it. And it frustrates more when such kind of obstacles come in between.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Anyone on this forum, who has received AOR in august in 2010 (Pakistan) and yet no decision is made for the interview date and place in upcoming mission??

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
gryffindorgirl said:
hey guys!

i've been a member since a long time but sent only two posts till now. i did nt gt a lot of responses and im still very confused! please can someone reply to this..im in great need to know the correct information(stay update with BIQ website or send email to BIQ about ur status, when required).
First of all, my consultant had sent my academic ielts saying that wen the update had come they did not mention in thewebsite if a general oracademic ielts is requird(academic/general does not matter, the main thing they look in the speaking,listening band, i guess). so i sent the academic ielts with my application and a legal paper saying i will be completing my french A1 and A2 soon with some tentative dates(no legal paper required, just sent an email or letter). Allhamdullialh i have passed both my A1 nd A2. Now, because of my consultancy guys fault i hav to give my general ielts. im giving it this coming week. so the result for that should maximum take like 2 weeks(i think for IELTS results are published on the website before it comes in hard copy, try to get the link and check on the website and get a print of it and send to the embassy, otherwise wait for the original). in the mean time, i received a letter from the embassy saying they r waiting for my english(ielts) and my french score cards(proof of lang proficiency) and have given me 6 months time..otherwise dey will be "obligated to close my file" *panicking* please tell me whats going on and Inshallah once i gv my ieltsi wil sending out my french and english score cards..by the end of this month... so after that how long do u all think it will take fr me to get a call/intimation for interview(there is no fix time for calling applicant interview interview usually after completion of ur application it takes 6 month to 24 months) ? also, is it true that most applicants r exempted from interview if they do upto B1 LEVEL FRENCH (u can check my previous posts in which i share the chart for interview possibility)??? and the site currently shows that India is exempted from interviews ..is it true ?

PLEASE PLEASE answer my queries! im in need of some advice..also, plz tag me in ur responses as @ gryffindorgirl. else m not able to find the responses!

-Thanks

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Re: what about people like us

dwhnow
the question in your case is whether you will be treated as a new applicant or like you're put on wait-list for interview. if its going to be like a new appl, then like all new applicants you're in competition for those few slots available. and it looks tough.

but if you're being treated like on inteview wait-list, then its fine i suppose...you need to polish your french and impress the officer to grab your csq.

so what did the biq say abt your next interview ? did you have a fixed date or whats the next step fwd ? havent seen too many ppl with your experience in here.

and how far have you progressed with your french ?
dwhnow said:
Hi
I am silent reader of this forum. I was busy in personal stuff and preparing for french. I am very surprised to read about cutoff number for quebec immigration. I appeared last year for quebec selection interview.I was short of 2 point so they gave me 1 year to prepare for french.(To reach level a2 from a1) I am just worried that if I am not able to reach the level quickly.The quota will be filled quickly. Is someone in similar situation. Thanks

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
xse2573 said:
@ Everyone

Please can someone tell me where your CSQ number is located on the certificate?
I have two(2) numbers showing here..."FILE NUMBER and REF. NUMBER"...And both
has been used for correspondence initially....

Thanks
Sorry, I'm far away from home with the holidays and took a few days off work, so I can't verify my CSQ which is left at home, as soon as I'm back I'll give you an update.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
egrace62 said:
Hey Geribubaboy,
aw u doing, i saw ur time line that u av gotten MR....... whao congrats..... yeah i know it might b a stale news, but it is a fresh news for me.... very happyf for you at last u can see d light at the end of the tunnel.....
keep it up sis
Cheers
Hello egrace62, it's been a while since before your last post here, hope you are enjoying life in Quebec. I really enjoy taking notes on your experience shared here since you landed, I guess settling down is taking more of your time these days. Well, here is wishing you and the other landed guys the very best.

Cheers

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Bajan4Quebec said:
do you know if those person who applied before December last year and March this year will be affected by this?
Bajan4Quebec,
Its so frustrating and feel very bad to hear that... :-\ this is not fair...I applied in 2010 and updated the BIQ with DELF A1 in 2011 and with DELF A2 in 2012..Does it mean that i will not have the french points, because i applied with zero knowledge of French??

red.mystry

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2012
Can any one let me know the next TCF or TEF dates in INDIA. its very urgent I have to give the paper in a month

red.mystry

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2012
I have scored A2 in comprehension orale and A2 in expression orale , please can you let me know how many points will I get according to quebec selection criterion.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
4glory said:
Sorry, I'm far away from home with the holidays and took a few days off work, so I can't verify my CSQ which is left at home, as soon as I'm back I'll give you an update.
Thank you 4glory!!!
Please how soon will u be back?...I am getting ready to send my Federal part now

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
applicant.wife said:
Hi,

Not yet..... still waiting :'( :'( :'(
Thank to you & Bajan4Quebec for the confirmation.

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
red.mystry said:
I have scored A2 in comprehension orale and A2 in expression orale , please can you let me know how many points will I get according to quebec selection criterion.
CO>16 & PO >16 = 3+3 =6

CO<16 & PO <16 = 1+1=2

CO>16 & PO <16 = 3+1=4

CO<16 & PO >16 = 3+1 =4

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
jo_1501 said:
I'm a pre feb.2008 applicant in the federal skill worker category. Its a strong possibility my application will be returned and as such I'm looking to quebec as my option. My question is do I go ahead and submit an application now as their is a quota isdue or should I wait for formal rejection from cic.
Hello Jo_1501

I am sorry to hear what happened with pre Feb 2008 applicants and I empathize with you...Onward to your query

There are many factors here that you must consider before sending an application for immigration to Quebec. Firstly is Quebec your preferred choice? or you will you be using Quebec as a backdoor to enter Canada since you applied firstly to the Federal Level? This is a question you must honestly ask yourself and will be asked of you should you be selected for an interview by a visa officer.

Secondly, to determine if you qualify for for Quebec, you can 1) Write your credentials here, like age, education reached, status, kids/no kids, area of training etc and let one of the forum members calculate your score for you. Or you can go here http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html to the MICC link and do the free online assessment. Or both.

Thirdly there are some important considerations you must acknowledge, for example:

- Fee increase for the Application for a Selection Certificate in the Skilled Worker subclass effective April 1, 2012

- Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests

- Notice for individuals planning to immigrate or stay in Québec

- Notice on Internet fraud

Each of the above topics are discussed fully here http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html scroll down the page to the section called "important notices."

Have you considered other Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)? The structure of migrating to other provinces are very similar to the Federal Level to which you applied.

The moment you answer all these initial concerns and you conclude Quebec is for you then apply

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
red.mystry said:
I have scored A2 in comprehension orale 3 points and A2 in expression orale 3 points , please can you let me know how many points will I get according to quebec selection criterion. total 6 full points for A2, congratulations ! :)