+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Dear Javeed ji,

What does it mean? They will not give files back to the people or anything else.I am unable to understand.

Apr 1, 2012
Hello all seniors n ACCA's

dear m ACCA member & Bsc Hons want to apply for QSW, how many points can I claim for these Qualifications?

Is evaluation is rqd b4 applying for QSW?

Waiting

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
vickyRocks said:
Hi Javed,Hec,mkshah,Katy and other senors.

Please guide what documentary evidence i should have of my previous employer that the salary was paid in cash, which can be justifiable in interview? whereas for the current employer i have all the salary slips and income Tax certificate but for the previous employer no proof of salary.Thanks!
Hello vickyRocks,

[ Note: Payslip is needed for current employers only( This is to show that you are still working in current employer. If you can arrange any employment proof for present employer, that you still working, then you may not submit payslip also.)]

It depends on how many years exp you have claimed in your application. If you experience is less than 4 years in current employer, definitely you have to show some proof for the previous employer, otherwise you will not get full points for 4+years experience in quebec immigration process.

But, if you have joining or appointment letter and experience certificate in previous employer, then you can use the same to proof that you have this many years of experience and what is more specifically, I want to mention here, u need to show that u were a full time worker by no of hours of work per week. If this, docs are not ready then, try to contact your previous employer to get arranged all these data before the interview.

Keep remember one thing, they want to see that you have the really worked in the company or not, and you have worked full time or not, and you designation whether it pertain to your area of training or not.

They will not give you enough points if you are paid by cash, by account, by credit card or by as a gift cheque. :)

Thanks

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Canada Lover 007 said:
Dear Stillhope
Being an ACCA member how many points did u claimed against ACCA. m ACCA Mmeber+Bsc hons how many points I can claim????

waiting
Only points for Bsc hons( Primary applicant - 10/secondary applicant-3, AOT-6(primary), 2 (secondary)). No points for professional certification credential ( Ex: ACCA) obtained in UK for chattered accountancy.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
Hi Javed,Hec,mkshah,Katy and other senors.

Please guide what documentary evidence i should have of my previous employer that the salary was paid in cash, which can be justifiable in interview? whereas for the current employer i have all the salary slips and income Tax certificate but for the previous employer no proof of salary.Thanks!
It is ok, i just said i received my salary in cash and the interviewer accepted it. But your employment letter should state your salary. This is enough

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Dear all,,

What does it mean???

In the end, the federal government solved the problem of Canada’s eight-year-long, 284,000-applicant immigration backlog the simplest way possible: it erased it

Ottawa has cancelled applications that predated Feb. 27, 2008, telling applicants they are welcome to apply again and promising to refund the collective $130 million in fees they paid to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

It might have been fairer for the government to sift through the waiting list for particularly worthy candidates, but the list had become so long that just starting over made pragmatic sense. The government’s goal of creating a “fast and flexible economic immigration system” could never get off the ground as long as the enormous backlog existed.

There are compelling reasons for an overhaul that includes prioritizing younger immigrants with Canadian experience and knowledge of French and English. Canada’s employers have long complained of a mismatch between available jobs and the skilled workers admitted under the current point system; they are now also warning of a looming skills shortage. Meanwhile, recent immigrants who have arrived in Canada without knowing English or French, or without job skills that are in demand, are struggling financially.

A critically important area that still needs to be addressed is recognition of foreign credentials. Canada, like other developed nations, is anxious to admit as many professionals and highly skilled workers as it can. But when they get here, these workers must have their credentials accepted by the notoriously self-protective professional bodies of each province. The taxi driver with a PhD in physics is not an urban myth. The federal government is right to want to put an end to that kind of waste of human potential and training.

But it isn’t obvious how Ottawa can revamp this part of the system. Professional bodies are under the control of provinces, not the federal government. The professional orders have the authority to set entry requirements and standards of practice, assess applicants’ qualifications, credentials and work experience and register or license applicants whom they judge qualified.

Unfortunately, professional bodies are not always free of bias. In 2010, the Quebec Human Rights Commission found that foreigntrained doctors faced discrimination when they applied for residency, a final stage of training before they are licensed. That year only seven per cent of Quebec physicians in residency were foreign-trained, compared to 20 per cent in Ontario.

To counter this kind of parochialism, Ottawa wants to work with the provinces and employers across the country to set up a pool of skilled workers who could be deployed quickly wherever their skills are needed. As a theory it sounds fine, except that workers tend to have their own ideas about what they want to do and where they want to live.

One measure that will not fail is the government’s plan to conduct a pre-assessment of applicants before they submit their application. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says the idea is to “be more upfront and honest” with would-be immigrants, screening out those who don’t have the requisite job or language skills. What would make this initiative even better would be to include a warning that the federal government does not have the final word – that the provinces and the professional orders do. Call it truth in recruiting.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
Hi guys,
Am suspectn some files to ve been sent to montreal by biq paris for further processing i.e applicants from africa.Nowadays,biq paris is finding it hard to give info on file and they insist on ref no,instead of taking either file no or it.Also,they claim not to ve opend mails of over 2mnths,imagine mails were opned within 2-3 weeks b4.

goldenboy_116

Apr 5, 2012
Hello Seniors,

I am new to this forum but I have been reading some previous posts. Please let me know how much points can I get with the following data:

1.Training
a. Educational Attainment – Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Philippines)
b. Area of Training – Mechanical Engineering(5 yrs)
2.Experience – Project Engineer 3yrs + Mechanical Design Engineer 4yrs(current job)
3.Age – 31
4.Language
a. English - IELTS Score Listening=8.0 / Speaking=6.0
b. French – No (Plan to enroll in AF next week)
5.Family and Stay in Quebec – None
6.Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - Bachelor of Science in Commerce(Philippines)
b. Area of Training - Management Accounting + Accountancy (total 5yrs)
c. Age - 29
d. English - IELTS Score Listening=6.0 Speaking=6.0
e. French – No (Plan to enroll in AF next week)
7.Validated Job Offer – None
8.Children – 1(under 12 yrs old)
9.Financial Self Sufficiency – Okay
10.Adaptability (you will earn points here if and only if you attended a selection interview) – 0

I am from Philippines but currently residing in UAE so I have to send my papers to Moyen-Orient in Montreal?
I have some papers waiting to arrive and planning to submit end of April including the AF receipt. Please Advise.

Thanks.,

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
c82 said:
Dear all,,

What does it mean???

In the end, the federal government solved the problem of Canada's eight-year-long, 284,000-applicant immigration backlog the simplest way possible: it erased it

Ottawa has cancelled applications that predated Feb. 27, 2008, telling applicants they are welcome to apply again and promising to refund the collective $130 million in fees they paid to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

It might have been fairer for the government to sift through the waiting list for particularly worthy candidates, but the list had become so long that just starting over made pragmatic sense. The government's goal of creating a “fast and flexible economic immigration system” could never get off the ground as long as the enormous backlog existed.

There are compelling reasons for an overhaul that includes prioritizing younger immigrants with Canadian experience and knowledge of French and English. Canada's employers have long complained of a mismatch between available jobs and the skilled workers admitted under the current point system; they are now also warning of a looming skills shortage. Meanwhile, recent immigrants who have arrived in Canada without knowing English or French, or without job skills that are in demand, are struggling financially.

A critically important area that still needs to be addressed is recognition of foreign credentials. Canada, like other developed nations, is anxious to admit as many professionals and highly skilled workers as it can. But when they get here, these workers must have their credentials accepted by the notoriously self-protective professional bodies of each province. The taxi driver with a PhD in physics is not an urban myth. The federal government is right to want to put an end to that kind of waste of human potential and training.

But it isn't obvious how Ottawa can revamp this part of the system. Professional bodies are under the control of provinces, not the federal government. The professional orders have the authority to set entry requirements and standards of practice, assess applicants' qualifications, credentials and work experience and register or license applicants whom they judge qualified.

Unfortunately, professional bodies are not always free of bias. In 2010, the Quebec Human Rights Commission found that foreigntrained doctors faced discrimination when they applied for residency, a final stage of training before they are licensed. That year only seven per cent of Quebec physicians in residency were foreign-trained, compared to 20 per cent in Ontario.

To counter this kind of parochialism, Ottawa wants to work with the provinces and employers across the country to set up a pool of skilled workers who could be deployed quickly wherever their skills are needed. As a theory it sounds fine, except that workers tend to have their own ideas about what they want to do and where they want to live.

One measure that will not fail is the government's plan to conduct a pre-assessment of applicants before they submit their application. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says the idea is to “be more upfront and honest” with would-be immigrants, screening out those who don't have the requisite job or language skills. What would make this initiative even better would be to include a warning that the federal government does not have the final word – that the provinces and the professional orders do. Call it truth in recruiting.
C82 ,

it is not realted with QSW applicand, it is only for FSW applicant.

dipak Davda

Apr 5, 2012
I had applied in july 2010 but still did not getting Interview any one can tell me when i will getting my interview..

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

singherapk

Feb 18, 2011
Hi, VickyRocks

If it is possible? that you may collect a letter (salary certificate) from your previous employer. With such a documentry proof, hope no one will ask you, that whether you were paid in cash or by other means.

[/quote]

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Katayoon said:
The ministry changed the sponsorship requirements. Now the person has to live 5 years in canada before he can sponsor his spouse to come over. The delay is huge. Postponing marriage until PR is obtained means that for the next 5 years the coupl will not live together and after that several years will be wasted on sponsorship.
Moreover, nobody guarantees that pr will be obtained within i.e. 2 years. Just look at the huge backlog, people since 2004 are still stuck with application. We can also become one of these.
To summarize, if possible, don't postpone marriages, because finding a good spouse is even more difficult than getting perm residence of canada 8) life is short and don't waste it on chasing dreams 8)
@Katayoon..How do you know that it will now take 5 years to sponsor your spouse?...Please there is nothing like that happening ...Let us not mislead other forum members PLEASE

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
c82 said:
Javeedji,

Can u tell me what it says????
brother C82 ,
I'm not understand what are u asking for, can you please explain?