+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

kitui

Mar 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: SOS

i attached all other documents and resent it. Quebec returned to me my application again. :(

anyway, so i found out i should send my application to Paris, the office which handles applications from my country.

this will be tricky because i live in USA but sending application to Paris?

anyone with experience with this please? ? ? ?

kitui said:
good suggestion bluecougar26.

i have my i-94 which i can send. only issue is i am currently out of school. what next?

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi Kitui,
Where did you send your application initially? have you not stayed up to one year in your present location? please reply ços I am in a similar situation although mine has'nt been returned.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Can you tell me why your application were return (1st & 2nd time)?
Also let me know which country you came from and your current
status in the U.S.
But I think you haven't filled it approprately or sometime is missing
Did they tell you they are returning it?

rasein

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA, US
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal (CSQ) & Buffalo (Federal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/01/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
shootingstar said:
Did anyone contact his/her BIQ to check on the application status? After my initial AOR, I never received anything. So I'm thinking of sending an e-mail to the BIQ.
Yes, i contacted them...got following reply

Sir,

Under the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, requests for information that require the forwarding of confidential or personal information regarding an immigration file are not processed by email.

If your application is being processed in Montréal, please call the Client contact center:

Montréal area: 514 864-9191
Elsewhere in Québec (toll free): 1 877 864-9191
Outside Québec: + 1 514 864-9191

Client contact center hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (UTC-5)
Wednesday: from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 (UTC-5)

If your application is being processed abroad, please contact the Immigration-Québec office for your country. You can obtain the contact information for that office by visiting our web site a: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/adresses-countries.html

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kps2011 said:
mdammalli, I meant to say while registering for DELF A1 exam, I would require to submit the training certificate as proof of training completed provided by any institute?
Also, kindly confirm whether DELF A1 exam(2 points) is alone enough in my case to file the application.single applicant needs minimum 49 points and couple needs minimum 57 points. If your total points with A1 reach the minimum points required to process a file, then A1 is enough, But I suggest you to clear more delfs to make your case more strong.
And also,i heard that through Alliance Francaise, the study process is very long and I shouldnot be able to take up the DELF A1 exam until in another 5 months.Which I cannt wait soo long.Suggestions required on this. If you are from india then in India, Af conducts A1, A2 four times in a year i.e feb,may,aug,nov. You can take Delf at any time. As far as Course concerned, you can go for intensive courses that are very fast. But for this you need lot of time, coz duration of classes is little long as compared to the classes of normal course. Please check the intensive course availability in the Alliance francaise of your area.

Thanks

MSN07

Dec 25, 2011
mkshah said:
Hello MSN07,
Indeed this is a great forum as u rightly said, and there are many more much experienced seniors here like egrace62, STILLHOPE, wingsofmay777, manoylo, shahi, shannone, quebec2010. In fact I got a lot of help from them when I was preparing for my application and documents. Previous posts of this forum is testimony to this fact.
This forum helps people like us to prepare for our qsw application procedure on our own without help of any immigration agent, and there we need help from each other. :)
Thanks MKSHAH and all seniors mentioned above.
I was travelling and just read this reply. Could you Please tell, what is the link for old rules, to calculate points for English and French as specified above.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011

MSN07 said:
Thanks MKSHAH and all seniors mentioned above.
I was travelling and just read this reply. Could you Please tell, what is the link for old rules, to calculate points for English and French as specified above.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
@kps2011
If you find difficulty in obtaining DELF certificate then here are the other options

the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris (CCIP);

the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP);

the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP;

the Test de connaissance du français (TCF) of the CIEP;

the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;

the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) of the CIEP.

They will not accept anything other than these certificates.
However, As you might be knowing french language is not mandatory for CSQ. If your total score is more than or equeal to 57Points without french language then I suggest you to file application ASAP without claiming points for french language. Later after receiving AOR and before your CSQ interview you can courier certificate to BIQ or directly you can show certificate to interviewer at the time of interview.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
mdammalli said:
However, As you might be knowing french language is not mandatory for CSQ. If your total score is more than or equeal to 57Points without french language then I suggest you to file application ASAP without claiming points for french language. Later after receiving AOR and before your CSQ interview you can courier certificate to BIQ or directly you can show certificate to interviewer at the time of interview.
he can do this, but sending the certificates after applying wont fetch him any points for language. points will be calc as per the docs submitted @ time of appl (as per new rules). during the interview, good french will present a good impression about intentions and possibly get all the 6 pts for adaptability.

kps2011

Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vibez_well said:
he can do this, but sending the certificates after applying wont fetch him any points for language. points will be calc as per the docs submitted @ time of appl (as per new rules). during the interview, good french will present a good impression about intentions and possibly get all the 6 pts for adaptability.

Thanks francaise, I found that AF in India doesnot conduct intensive course.I have only option of regular classes for 2 months(Part1) and other months (Part2) for BASIC A1.And then probably after 4 months I can take up the DELF A1 exam.Suggestions required?

@mdammalli and vibez_well , I request you to kindly confirm once again about what you said.As its very important thing to TAKE DECISION from my side.
And also I request other seniors on the forum to kindly confirm whether I can file the application(Note: Iam qualifying the 57 points under couple)ASAP without claiming points for french language. Later after receiving AOR and before CSQ interview I can courier certificate to BIQ or directly can show certificate to interviewer at the time of interview. PLEASE THIS AS URGENT QUERY.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello
It's almost 70 days since BIQ HK get my file, and I got nothing from them
I sent them an email and they replied on Dec. 28 that my file is waiting for processing, why could it take a long time but all the others got AOR?

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kps2011 said:
Thanks francaise, I found that AF in India doesnot conduct intensive course.I have only option of regular classes for 2 months(Part1) and other months (Part2) for BASIC A1.And then probably after 4 months I can take up the DELF A1 exam.Suggestions required?AF in Chandigarh offers intensive courses.

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
hello friends.
I'm confuse about new rules about language ability. If we submit language certificate at the time of interview, it will get points or not ?
In my case I've cleared delf A1 and A2 . I 'll get 6 points from french language, I'm still lerning french language. now I want to submit my application and during interview time, I'll finished delf B1 . does I get delf b1 points or not.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi vibez,
Well, I think somewhat differently here..
Yes, it is true that a new applicant after 6th dec 2011 must submit language certificates to claim points for language proficiency. But it is nowhere mention that if at the later stage applicant submits updated certificates, then they will not consider it and points will not be given for this updated language certificates. Surely new applicants can submit the proof of higher language proficiency at later stages also to claim higher points. Also, the points will not be locked for language certificates provided at the time of application.
I am looking these new rules very similar to work exp.
At the time of applying an applicant may be having lesser duration of work experience, but at the time of interview, they will consider his latest work experience acquired till interview.
I think the same applies to this new rules of language proficiency.
These are my views about the new rules. Other members views are surely welcomed. :)
If there is anything mention on official website, pls share it for the benefit of all. :)

vibez_well said:

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi bachar,
Have they mentioned about your file number / AOR in reply to ur mail?
What I suggest u is to wait for a week or two. As they have mentioned that ur file is under processiong, surely you will hear from them very soon. :)
Good Luck buddy. :)

Bachar said:
Hello
It's almost 70 days since BIQ HK get my file, and I got nothing from them
I sent them an email and they replied on Dec. 28 that my file is waiting for processing, why could it take a long time but all the others got AOR?