+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Thanks Shooting Star - this topic started today only, and hearing from all of you was really very helpful.
I, alongwith a few other members are about to apply in the next few months, hence was apprehensive if this is the right step or not.

Regards,

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Thomas1987 said:
Hi Quebec2012,

Why am saying its not a right forum because people who have applied or decided to apply will join this forum and you will hear only half part of the story offcourse the good part :).

what i suggest is look for some online blogs about quebec u may get a fair idea and prolly some Quebec Chat rooms too.

When you says Feedback from people who have landed

People from the time they applied they visit this site more than twice a day upto a year or two. Once they land they get busy with their job hunt and settling down process so you cant expect much from those people.

This is my point of View
No Offense

Good Luck/ Bonne chance
Hi,

Listen up guys going to Quebec i believe thats purely our decision and i m very sure that everyone knows the word MIGRATION .
i shall give u one example that once u shift one home to an other home within 25 kms, defiantly u will need some time to settle and u will tackle so many issues like people attitude, environment, jobs, racism, religion, security etc... within 25kms in ur own country. perhaps we r talking about Migration from one country to another country, i am sure u will get probably more worst than those which i have talked about... Quebec is not pulling u forcefully from ur homeland to come and start ur new life there...

everyone is looking for a better future and what ever they got from there own country might be not enough and want a better standard and flying colours of life. so decision is urs... they r two types of people, ones who think and do it and 2nd ones who think and keep on thinking.... ???

I am sure u must be struggling in ur own country, not so ... then wot is the problem if u work an other country where u will get good reward and at least a renown identification....

Nothing personal if someone is offended my apologies...

Rgds,

Mansoor

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey shootingstar,

I am supposed to send my DCSQ to Montreal office, the same office as yours. I was just wondering about the time it takes to receive your AOR, have you received it yet?

thanks

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
mansoorhashmi said:
Hi,

Listen up guys going to Quebec i believe thats purely our decision and i m very sure that everyone knows the word MIGRATION .
i shall give u one example that once u shift one home to an other home within 25 kms, defiantly u will need some time to settle and u will tackle so many issues like people attitude, environment, jobs, racism, religion, security etc... within 25kms in ur own country. perhaps we r talking about Migration from one country to another country, i am sure u will get probably more worst than those which i have talked about... Quebec is not pulling u forcefully from ur homeland to come and start ur new life there...

everyone is looking for a better future and what ever they got from there own country might be not enough and want a better standard and flying colours of life. so decision is urs... they r two types of people, ones who think and do it and 2nd ones who think and keep on thinking.... ???

I am sure u must be struggling in ur own country, not so ... then wot is the problem if u work an other country where u will get good reward and at least a renown identification....
YES MY DEAR FRIEND YOU ARE RIGHT, I THINK PEOPLES HAVE TO DO ALL RESEARCH ABOUT JOBS WEATHER BLAA BLAA ,AND IF THEY FEEL EVERY THING IS ALL RIGHT FOR THEM THEN THEY HAVE TO APPLY. AND IF I M NOT WRONG AROUND 99 % PEOPLES HERE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY ON FEDERAL SIDE THAT'S WHY THEY ARE CHOOSING QUEBEC. IF THEY ARE SCARED TO FACE THESE CHALLENGES THEN BETTER THEY CAN STAY WHERE THEY ARE. I CAN SAY LOT ABOUT ON THIS TOPIC BUT IT MAY HURT SOME PEOPLES FEELING. SO I THINK WE BETTER LEAVE THIS TOPIC HERE AND CONTINUING TO HELPING THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED TO GO QUEBC.

Nothing personal if someone is offended my apologies...

Rgds,

Mansoor

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
hussen said:
Hey shootingstar,

I am supposed to send my DCSQ to Montreal office, the same office as yours. I was just wondering about the time it takes to receive your AOR, have you received it yet?

thanks
hussen
I'm so happy to find someone who is an applicant from the US ;). I don't 'see' so many of us here on this forum and this is the only forum I use.

No idea about the AOR. I just sent my application 2 weeks ago and it reached the BIQ in 3-4 days. Still waiting for AOR. I would think it takes 1-2 months for the Montreal BIQ to send AOR.

I hope some one who has gone through this process in the Montreal BIQ,helps us here.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Quebec_2012 said:
Thanks Shooting Star - this topic started today only, and hearing from all of you was really very helpful.
I, alongwith a few other members are about to apply in the next few months, hence was apprehensive if this is the right step or not.

Regards,
Hi Quebec_2012.
Good Luck on the process. Do a research for your job area and then decide if it suits you. I think that is the only creiteria to be considered. Other factors such as winter(the place where I live has -10 degrees C every year!!! but no big deal), savings, initial struggle etc is not so important in the decision process and these factors will fall into place sooner or later. But, a bad job could be very stressful. Hence, check ur job options and then apply.

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
hussen
I'm so happy to find someone who is an applicant from the US ;). I don't 'see' so many of us here on this forum and this is the only forum I use.

No idea about the AOR. I just sent my application 2 weeks ago and it reached the BIQ in 3-4 days. Still waiting for AOR. I would think it takes 1-2 months for the Montreal BIQ to send AOR.

I hope some one who has gone through this process in the Montreal BIQ,helps us here.
OMG that's too much time :(. Do you think we would be considered for the new 2012 immigration policies in case our DCSQ were opened VERY late from now? :p

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hi all
i am interested in sending my application to Quebic, besides being a FSW. Should an applicant make draft for initial assessment or for the whole application package including spouse?

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
hussen said:
OMG that's too much time :(. Do you think we would be considered for the new 2012 immigration policies in case our DCSQ were opened VERY late from now? :p
what are the new 2012 immigration policies? are they very different to the present ones? i was going to send my application for selection certificate at the end of October 2011 after sitting the TEFAQ exam but i was informed, just a few days ago by the TEFAQ exam place that there was an overbooking and they couldn't fit me in and now i have to wait until late february/march 2012 to sit the TEFAQ exam. Because of this, i have to delay my application for about 5 months. and now im worried that the immigration policies may change. ???

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i have a serious question:

Does it matter if the signature on my passport does not match with the signature on my forms? It's because i have changed the way i sign since i got my passport issued. Is that a problem?

Thanks!

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
hinnajamal said:
i am interested in sending my application to Quebic, besides being a FSW. Should an applicant make draft for initial assessment or for the whole application package including spouse?
if you decide to apply, apply for everyone together. adding later is too much a hassle.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
hussen said:
Does it matter if the signature on my passport does not match with the signature on my forms? It's because i have changed the way i sign since i got my passport issued. Is that a problem?
wouldnt it be much simpler to just try signing the way its in the passport and avoid all the unneccessary headache / possible delays etc on account of that ?

8)

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vibez_well said:
wouldnt it be much simpler to just try signing the way its in the passport and avoid all the unneccessary headache / possible delays etc on account of that ?

8)
I think i'm gona do that, thanks ;)

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
shay89 said:
what are the new 2012 immigration policies? are they very different to the present ones? i was going to send my application for selection certificate at the end of October 2011 after sitting the TEFAQ exam but i was informed, just a few days ago by the TEFAQ exam place that there was an overbooking and they couldn't fit me in and now i have to wait until late february/march 2012 to sit the TEFAQ exam. Because of this, i have to delay my application for about 5 months. and now im worried that the immigration policies may change. ???
The immigration policies are not changing, as far as my knowledge goes but the authorities are going to limit the number of applicants from every part of the world, so that diversity is maintained.
I think you should be fine whenever you decide to apply. Another option would be to send ur application now and update your file later with TEFAQ results.