+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Shahi,

Thanks for the info . So the countdown to ur interview date has begun. That's good. I had another concern.

Do you know any of the guys out here who were securing 55 points or more.

I mean despite scoring 55 points, what is the possibility that you might still be called for an interview for document verification and all.

Considering the status of fraud in India, I have heard very few individuals manage to get a selection on file without the interview.

Thanks.
Regards,

Ajit

Shahi said:
hi CSQ.............how hav u been

Well you are right ..AOR is just an acknowledgment of application received...they give you a file number and inform that your file has been opened ans is under review...

After reviewing your file they will let you know the result...!!

Good luck

Shahi

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was something that I wondered as well CSQ. I think probably even though you received 55 points or above, if you were not able to prove at least an intermediate level of French or there are questions regarding your documents, you would most likely still be called for an interview. That's only my thoughts though:)

new2can

Sep 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
Hi,

I recently applied for Quebec Skilled Worker (as pre assessment showed i am eligible even without French knowledge). I am planning to learn French before interview comes up (if my application is accepted). Any suggestions from where i can learn French? Can i do it online with free courses? OR do i have to register for some paid course for classes?

Also, after going through some of the posts here i realized that in my application i didn't mention that i intended to learn French and i am making an effort towards it. I wonder having not put this information in the application would have possibility of rejection of my application for Quebec Selection Certificate? Please suggest and let me know what do now.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Caribgrl,

I already have a beginner's level of French, i.e. DELF A1. Would that be sufficient to waive of an interview. I know you can't speculate but at least we can comment considering the experience of other candidate of similar french proficiency.

Thanks
Regards,

ajit

caribgrl55 said:
That was something that I wondered as well CSQ. I think probably even though you received 55 points or above, if you were not able to prove at least an intermediate level of French or there are questions regarding your documents, you would most likely still be called for an interview. That's only my thoughts though:)

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi CSQ and Carib

I think if french is not your mother tongue then most likely u will be called for an interview!! Ofcourse document verification is another issue... but mostly non-french ppl are called for an interview

Good luck

Shahi

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi I would have to disagree slightly... I do know of a few people who do not have French as their mother tongue, but were able to prove an intermediate level of French. They were waived of the interview. They probably also were able to secure at least 55 pts (for single applicants) or 63??(for couples)

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
caribgrl55 said:
Shahi I would have to disagree slightly... I do know of a few people who do not have French as their mother tongue, but were able to prove an intermediate level of French. They were waived of the interview. They probably also were able to secure at least 55 pts (for single applicants) or 63??(for couples)
I think i have to disagree slightly with you caribgrl55 because i know people that have passed the interview as beginner (max A1 or A2). it depends from case to case.
when i filled out the forms at the language section i wrote that i am in a beginner level, and beginner level if i am not wrong was 0-4 points i clicked 3 for french and 6 for the english.
they have put me on the waiting list for the interview , what do they expect from me to be now B1 or B2? what do you think? I think they see the values from each of us than than they
match them with you in the interview. They want to see you adaption in the life and work market of Canada (and how much money you will bring to Canada with you) because at the end this is what they care about. I know to speak 4 languages English,Italian,Greek and (French as beginner) beside my mother tongue. All these languages are learned while working and living in each place and for a short period of time. Maximum for 3 months in that place surrounded with French speaking people you will learn more than 2 years of French courses, and this is reality. They know that ;)

Experience makes good :)

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Lirjan, the question was not if they would be able to pass the interview without French as your mother tongue, but would it be possible to be exempt from it altogether if you have enough points. I'm not sure what they would expect you to be at this time, but at least you did not put yourself higher than you really are, because that would not look good at all. When is your interview? I would just advise you to practice as much as you can before then, and maybe you will be able to impress them ;D

French is definitely not the most important factor they consider.... It is a combination of many different things like you said.

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors Please!!!!

Can anybody PM me the format of CV that has to be send with Application for CSQ? Of Course one can mask their private details of their CV bcs. I just need the format of it.

Thanks in advance

bhavikna

Dec 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2008
AOR Received.
13-11-2008
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Hello QSW,

Thanks for your message.

"Social Values" means common values of quebec?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Bhavikna

qsw said:
hello bhavinka,
they will ask you question about your study,
about your profession,(only simple way types of service you provide, your duties, any troubleshooting process.)
about quebec ( SOCIAL VALUES STUDY THOUROGHLY)
how to integrate in quebec
how you will find job
if you could't find a job then what will you do?
total expenses in quebec
celebrities of quebec
satisfy them i will definitly stay in quebec(main key to success)

Baiyang

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2015
Doc's Request.
14 Sept, 2015 (RPRFee)
AOR Received.
March, 2015
File Transfer...
March, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront Dec 2014
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2015
LANDED..........
03-12-2015
mansoorhashmi said:
hi qws,

i am so dispersed about my aor.. i sent my doc on 1st nov.2010. but still i was waiting for my aor. wot i have done today.. i sent them an email on paris email account. dear i dont know did i do good or bad but i have done... plz give me ur valuable feedback on this issue... is it ok or it will be a bad impact on my immigration process.

mansoor
Hi Mansoorhashmi!
If you sent your CSQ application to BIQ Hong Kong, then its too early to get an AOR. Don't worry you will not miss anything.
In my case it took them 4 long months to send me an AOR.
Good Luck!

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baiyang said:
Hi Mansoorhashmi!
If you sent your CSQ application to BIQ Hong Kong, then its too early to get an AOR. Don't worry you will not miss anything.
In my case it took them 4 long months to send me an AOR.
Good Luck!
I think, average processing time of BIQ Hong Kong to get CSQ is 6 months.

but after getting CSQ, what is the total processing time, CIC will take to approve visa?

(I am from India)
I mean, what is the complete processing time for Quebec Skill Worker (from BIQ Hong Kong)?
What time it will take to get CSQ and
after CSQ, how much time CIC will take to process CSQ application?

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
if you send all relevent documents chc takes 4 to 6 weeks to process your
they sent medical document within two or three days
after medical reports reach chc it takes max. 10 days.

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
hi baiyoug,

i submitted my docs in pairs becoz i m living in east africa uganda. but thx for ur valuable feedback. u know once u r counting some things disparately then its too hard to wait... thats y i m worried but i m sure by the grace of ALLAH things will be workout well.

rgds,
mansoor