+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, realized I should have just posted my question here rather than start a new thread :-X

I was looking over the points breakdown for QSW, and I wondered how the VO would calculate work experience. Details are below:

I have 34 months of full time experience + 24 months of experience I got while I was a student. It was mostly 20 hours a week, but was sometimes up to 30 or 40 hrs (during school breaks)

I have more than 48 months of experience, but not all of it is full time. My question is how would they calculate that 24 month period? Would I get 6 or 8 pts for experience?

smfaisal28

Nov 11, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
13-05-2017
Med's Request
29-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2017 (Expecation)
LANDED..........
29-09-2017 (Expecation)
Can anyone please tell me Can I apply without claiming French Points for Quebec Immigration, as 1 consultant is asking me to apply without claiming French Points according to him its not compulsary, any thoughts

Regards
Faisal

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smfaisal28 said:
Hi, Can any senior help me out that I am going to apply without accompanying my wife , I have few Qustions

Qs:1 : Do i need to send "Appendix - Declartion by Spouse" Form, this is creating complication , I think i dont need to send it if not accompanying wife
Qs: Can I send my french related docs later on? , as I havent started learning French Yet

Any Senior please reply,
Thanks
Faisal
Baiyang said:
Ans Qs 1: Yes, you need to even if she is not accompanying.
Ans Qs 2: In my opinion BIQ assess the candidate in two steps: First before the interview and that assessment is mostly based upon the documents you provide. So better you provide the french certificates etc. The second assessment is done during the interview (if called for) specially the assessment of the candidate's level of french language. The total score may reflect scores obtained in above both steps or it may be like this the interviewing person may change/correct the first assessment (document based) during the interview.
Another suggestion may be to have reasonable command on the french level becoz it'l cost you to apply and one don't want to loose the money prcq L'argent ne tombe pas du ciel

visaexpert said:
I have same questions....
I can score enough point without French language. I am learning French but I have not taken exam yet.

If I take the exam now, I will get Result Basic level of French. and If I study 4 months more and take exam then I will score at least moderate level in French.

so I have same question to ask....Can I send QSW application without French TEF result?
Note I do not want French points right now. I am scoring enough points.
and It's true that I am going to take French exam later.
My planning is that, If I take exam before interview and submit TEF result at the time of interview, Will it create any negative impact?

Please suggest in details..........

qsw said:
hi visaexpert;
you can apply without french exam cft, but it will affect processing time.
i suggest you , you can take DELF WHICH IS EASY than TEF.
qsw
smfaisal28 said:
Can anyone please tell me Can I apply without claiming French Points for Quebec Immigration, as 1 consultant is asking me to apply without claiming French Points according to him its not compulsary, any thoughts

Regards
Faisal
Yes, you can apply without claiming French Points for Quebec Immigration.

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
smfaisal28 said:

Regards
Faisal
Hello smfaisal28. I also applied without any exam French/English. I have just sent with my documents a letter from "Alliance de France" course that proves i am following the course from x date. Thats all.
as for the English nothing, i just said i am at intermediate level. I have got my AOR and now i am in the waiting list for the interview.
But anyway you can apply without claim point in French but also you have to prepare your self during this period of time to learn something, the interview will be at least 50% in French.

Good luck.....

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

looks like I was able to answer my own question :p. A customer service person from the quebec website gave me the link to a lengthly document with a lot of detailed information about the Quebec process. Please see the link below. Also note that it is all in French.

For experience: If you worked at a job part time, use the following formula to calculate how many months experience it would work out to:

À ces expériences de travail à temps plein, il faut ajouter les emplois à temps partiel (durée hebdomadaire inférieure à 30 heures). Pour ce faire, la formule suivante est utilisée:
Équivalent temps plein (en mois)= Nombre d’heures par semaine / 30 x Durée en mois de l’emploi à temps partiel

Here is the link: h ttp://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf (remove spaces)

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Hey guys, for DELF A2, I see a maximum of 3 points is awarded for oral comprehension and oral production. How do officers determine how many points to award? If you pass by 50%, is that a 3 or a 2?

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
My Points - Did I Do It Right??

Education 10/12 (3 yrs undergrad - Electronics and Computer Engineering)
Training area 6/16 (claimed Computer engineering)
Experience 4/8 (1 yr + - company only gave basic work certificate with job title but no detailed job description - high risk!)
Age 16/16
French 6/16 (here is my worry - A2 = 6 points - is it that once you pass A2 with any percentage both speaking and listening, u get 6 points?)
English 6/6
Stay in Quebec 0/5
family in quebec 0/3
employement offer 0/10
finances 1/1

TOTAL = 49
Please comment!!!

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
chibiks said:
My Points - Did I Do It Right??

Education 10/12 (3 yrs undergrad - Electronics and Computer Engineering)
Training area 6/16 (claimed Computer engineering)
Experience 4/8 (1 yr + - company only gave basic work certificate with job title but no detailed job description - high risk!)
Age 16/16
French 6/16 (here is my worry - A2 = 6 points - is it that once you pass A2 with any percentage both speaking and listening, u get 6 points?)
English 6/6
Stay in Quebec 0/5
family in quebec 0/3
employement offer 0/10
finances 1/1
TOTAL = 49
Please comment!!!
I think one can claim max 4 points if they passed A2 exam also including A1
A1=2, A2=2 (so altogether 4 points)

Really

Aug 14, 2010
Based on the points system for french language ability that I found on the Guides des Procedures d'immigration (It is also posted here on canadavisa.com, if you search under Quebec points) I think it goes like this:

A1 = 2 points
A2 = 6 points
B1 = 8 points
B2 = 12 points
C1/C2 = 16 points

@ Chibiks, I think there are variations in how points are awarded for language with the TEFAQ and TCFQ exams. Based on the aforementioned chart for Quebec that I perused, one can get different kinds of points based on how they scored in their comprehension orale and expression orale, but on that chart the delf did not have such distinctions. So based on that chart, if you pass your A2, you will most likely get 6 points for french language ability.

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
thanks @ Really and sher_singh.

I think French is a useful skill to have; learning it regardless of Quebec immigration outcome. Goal is to have DELF B2 by Dec 2011.

I am sending the Quebec Govt a comprehensive update of my immigration application together with my A2 result once its out - everthing they will ever need; will even include pictures of myself in the province and email invites from Quebec employers for interviews. I will also write a 1-2 page essay on my motivation for Quebec, my knowledge of the job market etc - hopefully, interview will be waived.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello ppl... nice discussion abt french...

Chibiks it is wonderful that u ll be sending an updated dossier... and if you get your interviw waived ... tht will be wonderful...!!

However even if it is not...believe u me...A2 is a good enuf qualification to clear interview...i m sure u ll be B1 by the time your interview comes!!....I think you are already safe...just put a lil more effort on french!!

Good luck
Shahi

aouksh974

Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Nomination.....
14-12-2010
Interview........
14-12-2010
Salam 3likom,

Guys I found a file to be downloaded, it contains great lists of more than 120 associations, organizations and others those offering help and assistance to new comers. Do not let it go it very important..

Here it is: toofiles.com/fr/oip/documents/rar/repertoire-complet.html

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I am confuse about my Education points for Quebec Immigration.

I am from India and I have taken Education in India only.

I found following links to calculate my points, but still confusion......

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Schooling

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 points

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points

Master's Degree 12 points

Areas of Training

Québec Degrees - SECTION B – Principal applicant: 12 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

Foreign Degrees - SECTION C – Principal applicant: 6 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

I am very confused about Area of Training Points. My highest degree is MSc-CS but there is no points mention in list of Area of Training for MSc-CS degree and I did my MSc-CS by Distance kerning mode. so I don't expect any point from this degree but I can not hide my any Education from immigration forms submissions.

When I try to find Training area point for my 3 years Computer Diploma. I got 2 places where Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years) is mention. First in Section B for Quebec Degree (12 point) and another in Section C for Foreign Degrees (6 Points). I am confuse about Quebec Degree and Foreign Degree and I do not understand whether they will award me 6 or 12 Points.

Please reply in details. Thanks

smfaisal28

Nov 11, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
13-05-2017
Med's Request
29-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2017 (Expecation)
LANDED..........
29-09-2017 (Expecation)
Hi visaexpert.
You will get 12 points for Masters Degree and 6 points for Area of Training for Computer

Thanks
Faisal