Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Some Interesting news for all the Engineers here on the forum.....
Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/recognizing-engineeru2019s-foreign-credentials-will-get-easier-in-quebec-with-new-online-tool-122211.html

Recognizing engineer’s foreign credentials will get easier in Quebec with new online tool

A new online tool will be deployed by the Quebec government to help immigrant engineers as they seek to become members of the Order of Quebec Engineers and have their credentials recognized in the province.
Kathleen Weil, Quebec Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, explains that it is essential that Quebec knows how to attract highly skilled professionals and then to integrate them rapidly into the workforce.

She continues that this new proposed tool will allow immigrants, even before they arrive in Quebec, to see online what are the requirements to become a member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec, self-evaluate the estimated time it will take for them and associated costs, and even track the progress of their applications as they progress through the process.

A full 30% of applications for membership to the Quebec Order of Engineers are from those educated outside of Quebec in 2010-2011.

Weil adds that over the course of the last few years, the Quebec government has been actively involved in over 40 projects to generally help foreigners have their credentials recognized in Quebec’s varied professional organizations.

ParagP

Dec 10, 2011
Hi mkshah,

I have some queries n doubts about my Quebec visa.Hope u will solve my querry.

I am pharmacist and and also a management degree holder.I do have an experience as clinical pharmacist and 2 yr experience at management level.
I do have following queries,Pleas somebody help me to resolve them.
1] I hav my master degree (part-time, S.Manipal university) along with part time work. So my master degree will b calculated along with B.Pharmcy(how many points)
2] How exact exact time does it take to complete the procedure and get the visa in hand.?
3] Is it necessary to have a legal representative through out the process?If we don't allocate the representative, how much time does it take to finish all things if all our documents are in place?
4]What document i need to show as "paid worker" in my country?salary slips?bank statement?or experience letters? please specify.
5] If do not have any dependents and not married (or planning to marry) how does it effect/affect my visa points?
6]If my English proficiency is fluent but still do i need to submit my IELTS exam score?
If i don't have a command over the French, will they consider me as prospective candidate?What test would u suggest to get more score in language proficiency
7] What is the "Police Clearance certificate"? do i need to get it from local police station.Or what is legal procedure to get it done? How much does it cost?
8] If my father is passed away do need to get the death certificate?
9] How much bank balance or FUNDs i need to show VISA OFFICER.?Do they reject applications if we don't support the proofs.(on website they have mentioned for single person u need to carry more than 10000 CAD, What if i have 5000 CAD in hand at the time of final issuance of visa).
10]What is toughest part visa procedure? What sort of preoperative measures i need to take?

shadow1972

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Manila, Phillippines (instead of Singapore)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-3-2012 for Nomination of Saskatchewan (Acknowledgement received on 11-05-2012)
Doc's Request.
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 from CIC, NS (Application sent to CIC on 17-11-2014)
IELTS Request
Over All 7.0, copy sent along with the application
File Transfer...
in between 15-4-2015 and 7-5-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 (and to pay RPRF)
Med's Done....
14-05-15 (Paid RPRF via DD of Scb) - eCAS shows "In Process" from 02/07/2015
Interview........
Alhamdulillah, did not ask for!☺☺
Passport Req..
05-08-2015 (Ecas : Decision Made 06-08-2015) / VFS DHK : 09-08-2015 / VFS SING: 13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-8-2015 (Available for Collection 13-09-2015)
LANDED..........
26-03-2016 Alhamdulillah
Dear mkshah (And STILLHOPE, OSAMAR),

Thanks for your patience for the newcomers in the forum. I do remember you, STILLHOPE, OSAMAR who helped a lots while I was preparing for CSQ after i failed :-\ to reach the cap this year. Without the guidance from you, some great people, i would not be able to get the right direction towards this target. :)

I am learning French at home now (i get a very good and volume book for Bengali learners). Will start my class at AF from 6th January. I need minimum 3 points to reach 57 for CSQ application. My target is 6. ???

Counting down the days. I will be back again to you when I complete my French Target. Hope you will be there again with Green Signal. :)

I do appreciate your help for the newcomers. May the Almighty bring your dreams come true, inshallah.

Take care, please.

Shadow.

deemy

Dec 22, 2011
Respected Members,

I am planning for Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration, i am a bit confused about the points for education and training, the official site is pretty confusing, can some one give me the answers of the following questions and help me in evaluation my profile whether i am eligible or not.

Following link shows me
Master of Arts, Sciences, etc.. (2 years after a Bachelor for a period of two years or one year after a Bachelor of 3 years) = 3 years Honors degree
www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PAKISTAN.pdf

Does my 2 years master degree after a Bachelor for a period of two years equal to the 3 or 4 years undergraduate degree?
Does my qualification falls in the list of training?

My total years of education is 16 years.

Eduction:
B.Sc (Computer, Statistics) - 2 Years - Pakistan
MCS/M.Sc (Computer Science) - 2 Years - Pakistan
Experience:
Senior Software Engineer - 6 Years
IELTS:
Overall: 6.5 Listening: 6, Speaking: 5.5
Martial Status:
Married - 3 Kids under 12 years of age
Spouse Eduction:
B.Sc (Chemistry, Botany, Zoology) - 2 Years - Pakistan
M.Sc (Botany) - 2 Years - Pakistan
Spouse Experience:
2 Years (Teaching etc).
Spouse Age:
30 Years

Thanks and looking forward for your positive reply.

kpdes

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
IELTS Request
7.5 bands
File Transfer...
31-08-2013
Med's Request
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014...:-)
hi ambi1775,

i am new to QSW. (already applied for FSW1 and got rejected due to cap has been reached.

i just have completed my online assessment for QSW and luckily i am qualified for application.

I had a query..
1. i will be submitting all necessary documents with my application to obtain the quebec selection certificate..(i need to submit photocopy of generic application for for canada pr imm00008)
2. lets hope that i've obtained that certificate.
3.when i again apply for PR (after getting sellection certificate); at that time again i need to submit all the documents with generic application form original copy??

kpdes

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
IELTS Request
7.5 bands
File Transfer...
31-08-2013
Med's Request
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
20-05-2014...:-)
hi mkshah,

i am new to QSW. (already applied for FSW1 and got rejected due to cap has been reached.

i just have completed my online assessment for QSW and luckily i am qualified for application.

I had a query..
1. i will be submitting all necessary documents with my application to obtain the quebec selection certificate..(i need to submit photocopy of generic application for for canada pr imm00008)
3.when i again apply for PR (after getting sellection certificate); at that time again i need to submit all the documents with generic application form original copy??

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
no, when you apply for the visa (after CSQ, Fed Stage) you dont have to submit all the documents
only some of them.
kpdes said:
hi ambi1775,

I had a query..

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
ParagP,

1. Am really bad at calculating Edu & AOT points. sorry cant help here :( maybe someone else can pitch in.

2. There is a table maintained by OSAMAR, you can refer that to get a rough idea of the timelines. Also visit http://bit.ly/qswtracker for another table or www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times-table.html#hongkong to get a rough idea of when the CSQ interviews are being scheduled.

3. having a legal rep has no effect on the speed of your application. assumption is that, since they do this for a living, they're supposed to have a better understanding of the whole process. that is also debatable ;) if yours is a pretty simple case then you can do it on your own and use that money to throw us a party when we're all in QC someday !! ;D

4. Please read point no. 10 at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/dcs-workers/list-documents.html

5. you lose on the points that a spouse / child(ren) could bring ! simple. Spouse can get upto 16 pts, kids upto 8 pts.

6. If you need pts for english - you need to submit IELTS scores. If you have points well above the cutoffs then you are a prospective candidate. but QC being a francophone society... they prefer french speaking ppl. if you speak french, thats definitely an advantage and less chances of you being viewed as someone who will take the next flight to toronto / vancouver on landing !!

7. not at the CSQ application stage. PCC can be applied and sought at your nearest Passport office. Visit http://passport.gov.in select your location and download application form no.2 for PCC. collect the supporting docs, fill forms, visit office and submit. its an easy straightforward process.

8. has nothing to do with the immigration process.

9. You dont have to show any funds rightaway. you need to sign a form stating that you will have enough funds when you land. Refer this doc for the correct info. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0522-OA.pdf
Since you are a single applicant, you need to have $2800 for the initial 3 months. Bankstatements can be shown at the interview.

10. THe toughest part is the WAITING. :-\ ??? it will frustrate you and make you want to give up at some point. This is not a program for people who want to leave their country IMMEDIATELY. The whole thing will take a good 1.5 yrs to 2 yrs if everything goes well.

good luck ! :)

indian_guy

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,

I am Indian and have applied for Quebec and received acknowledgment in august 2010
I am still a bachelor
.with my qualifications.experience etc I am getting 49 points .
I have a query for marriage

1:- If I get married now , I know that I need to attain minimum 57 points including spouse . But will my application be considered according to post 06 december rules

2: also will it mean there can be delay in my interview for QSC

Please guide .Its very important for me

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
kpdes said:
hi mkshah,

I had a query..
Hi, kpdes kem cho?
Answers to ur queries:
1. Yes u should fill the IMM0008 form for u and all accompanying members in your application, keep the original filled form with you and attach a photocopy of it with application for selection certificate.

2. it is good thought. :) may god bless you
3.no, when u reach at the federal stage, u need not to send the same documents submitted with application for selection certificate.
It is a different set of forms for available from cic website. Along with these forms, u will be asked u submit PCC and MR. Also u need to send original copy of IMM0008 form here at federal stage.
Wish u good luck for ur application. :)

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi these days I'm collecting documents for Quebec process. I have done a evaluation and result was positive. Again i have done evaluation without french language and even without
french, result was positive. Please advice whether it indicates that I can send my application even without french language test result?

shadow1972

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Manila, Phillippines (instead of Singapore)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-3-2012 for Nomination of Saskatchewan (Acknowledgement received on 11-05-2012)
Doc's Request.
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 from CIC, NS (Application sent to CIC on 17-11-2014)
IELTS Request
Over All 7.0, copy sent along with the application
File Transfer...
in between 15-4-2015 and 7-5-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 (and to pay RPRF)
Med's Done....
14-05-15 (Paid RPRF via DD of Scb) - eCAS shows "In Process" from 02/07/2015
Interview........
Alhamdulillah, did not ask for!☺☺
Passport Req..
05-08-2015 (Ecas : Decision Made 06-08-2015) / VFS DHK : 09-08-2015 / VFS SING: 13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-8-2015 (Available for Collection 13-09-2015)
LANDED..........
26-03-2016 Alhamdulillah
TJ CAN said:
Hi these days I'm collecting documents for Quebec process. I have done a evaluation and result was positive. Again i have done evaluation without french language and even without
french, result was positive. Please advice whether it indicates that I can send my application even without french language test result?

A single applicant must score at least 49 points based on the set criteria and an applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 57 points TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR CSQ.

In this situation, you do not need French result for submitting application. However, French is must for you to settle better in Quebec.

And you need total 55 if you are single and 63 IF YOU ARE DOUBLE to achieve the CSQ.

Now check, if you get minimum 49 or 57, you can submit the application for CSQ. In the interview you have to attain full 6 marks by proving your best preparation to settle in Quebec. SO far i know they observe in the interview your motive for Quebec, your french capacity, skill evaluation and knowledge on Quebec culture.

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
Dear All,

Please advice me as my application returned back by CIO on 28th/November/2011 as my address is in UK till now I do not receive my application so please any one has an experience with this matter advice me with the time.

Best regards.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi TJ CAN
Pls give ur basic details here for qsw immigration points calculation, so that we can help u in calculating points.
TJ CAN said: