+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
applicante.ph said:
@ for those who haven't received AOR yet...

"The date of receipt of application is the date entered (buffered) by
the MICC on the Application for Selection Certificate (DCS) at the time of
receipt of the request. In addition, to be considered as having been received
by the MICC, the DCS must be duly completed, signed and accompanied by the fee
due.
"

so if your AOR is dated after Dec, 5, 2011... you are required to submit language exams
Hi applicante.ph,

Can you please share the source of the above information with us !

Thanks..

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends

With this new points system for language proficiency introduced, can I file my application without the test results now (I havent appeared for DELF A1 or ILTES as of now). My total points along with my spouse without french and english as of now are 45.

Can I tell the immigration authorities in my application that I would be submitting the results later during the interview, since I am in the process of learning french right now.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
oh yes... I missed to see your VO in your timeline, but surely I wish you will reach to the required level by the time till your interview :)
OsamaR said:
Thank you mkshah for your advice.. My visa office is actually Montreal which I believe would take quite some time to get the AOR and then the interview..
Hopefully by then I will be able reach the required level inshallah :)

Osama

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
niravk said:
Hello friends

With this new points system for language proficiency introduced, can I file my application without the test results now (I havent appeared for DELF A1 or ILTES as of now). My total points along with my spouse without french and english as of now are 45.

Can I tell the immigration authorities in my application that I would be submitting the results later during the interview, since I am in the process of learning french right now.

Dear Friend, I am afraid, this will not be possible now with the new rules in effect. Pls see the notice below which is published on quebec immigration website

Link: : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests
Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates from the skilled worker subcategory who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their French proficiency (applicants and spouses) and English proficiency (applicants only) must enclose with their immigration application attestations of results recognized by the Ministère. Children accompanying their parents are exempt from this new requirement.

In addition to optimizing the Ministère's selection practices, standardized tests ensure that the evaluation of candidates for their French and English proficiency is accurate, consistent and fair.

Effective December 6, 2011, the results of language competency tests recognized by the Ministère are the only language proficiency evaluation tool used for immigration candidates who submit an Application for Selection Certificate. Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
niravk said:
Hello friends

niravk,

You need 57 points to apply as married, so you still need 12 more points.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
applicante.ph said:

due.
"

so if your AOR is dated after Dec, 5, 2011... you are required to submit language exams

Hi, applicant.ph, thanks for sharing this info, this will be very useful for all applicants who sent their applications during the days of this changes came into effect. I think there is small correction required in your info.

.....so if your AOR is dated after Dec, 6, 2011 ... you are required to submit language exams

pl see below the notice published on quebec immigration website, it mentions the new rules will be effective from dec 6, 2011.
Pls correct me if I am not.

Link: : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests
Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates from the skilled worker subcategory who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their French proficiency (applicants and spouses) and English proficiency (applicants only) must enclose with their immigration application attestations of results recognized by the Ministère. Children accompanying their parents are exempt from this new requirement.

In addition to optimizing the Ministère's selection practices, standardized tests ensure that the evaluation of candidates for their French and English proficiency is accurate, consistent and fair.

Effective December 6, 2011, the results of language competency tests recognized by the Ministère are the only language proficiency evaluation tool used for immigration candidates who submit an Application for Selection Certificate. Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members

I have done my graduation in commerce (B.com) from Mumbai university. This was a three year integrated course wherein I learnt management subjects like Business economics, Business law, accounting, human resource management, commerce and few aspects of marketing. (I think these subjects are all releveant to management course)

Can I claim 12 points under Section B of the Training list - College Level Technical Training - "Business Management (DCS 3 yrs)"

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi, can anyone help me with how can i insert an image while replying to any post on this thread? ??? ??? ??? :-[

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicante.ph said:

due.
"

HI APPLICANTE,

you mentioned before that you hve no plans in taking any french exam right?
I believe all applicants who havent been interviewed yet, must take the exam... I read from the other thread , the consulate (as what the applicant termed ) was "angry" because he havent got any french results,(he was interview last 2 days ago i think) and told him he speaks basic french only ... that means that applicant had his AOR for many months ago, and still the consul is trying to apply the new policy during his interview.. so maybe, this will be applicable to applicants who are to be interviewd yet.

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicante.ph said:

due.
"

And oh, bytheway applicante.ph..
You mentioned as well that you have a friend who received her AOR then received a letter few days later telling she's for an interview? Will she be interviewed this Dec? thanks!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
titov said:
That means I shud submit my french results along with the application ? yes, my friend, as per new rules, if you want to get points of language proficiency, then you must attach test result attestations along with ur application for CSQ,
I am pretty sure I will get good score in IELTS , but french , im starting to learn only. Is it ok , if I satisfy my points with my IELTS score itself ?
it depends on ur overall points score. If u achieve interview cutoff points (49 pts for single applicant and 57 pts for married applicant) with IELTS alone, then surely you can send ur file without french results, but if u r short of points, then u must gather points of french proficiency.
Just to emphasize here, learning french will be of immense benefit to you in terms of settling and getting job in quebec, so whether u r getting points or not, learn as much of french as you can.
Good Luck for your application.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
niravk said:
Hello members

I have done my graduation in commerce (B.com) from Mumbai university. This was a three year integrated course wherein I learnt management subjects like Business economics, Business law, accounting, human resource management, commerce and few aspects of marketing. (I think these subjects are all releveant to management course)

Can I claim 12 points under Section B of the Training list - College Level Technical Training - "Business Management (DCS 3 yrs)"
Hi nirav, does your degree certificate specifically mentions about "business management"?

Because B.Com. Done From Indian universities have major subjects as Accounting or Marketing or Economics. So I think you will not get pts as asked by you, but it will be included as Accountancy/accounting DCS Major.

cezar99

Dec 11, 2011
All Quebec applicants,

Do you have to attach a bank account as proof of funds? I didn't see this as a requirement anywhere in the instructions - just the signed declaration that one will have sufficient funds upon arrival.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
cezar99 said:
All Quebec applicants,

Do you have to attach a bank account as proof of funds? I didn't see this as a requirement anywhere in the instructions - just the signed declaration that one will have sufficient funds upon arrival.
Hi cezar, you need not to attach any proof of funds with ur application for CSQ, but you must sign and attach contract of funds self-sufficiency mentioning amount of fund you have for the number of persons in your application.
Pls check quebec immigration website for exact figures of funds.
Just keep in mind, you should maintain this much funds throughout the process of your application. It may be asked at the interview stage or at the time of landing.

Good Luck for your application :).

SINKiri

Jan 27, 2011
Any insight on the English testing exemptions? I come from a country where English is not a first language but i have done my studies in English, and i work in an English company. Would i have to sit for exams to claim points for English?
Most of you are talking of claiming points in their applications, is there a provision on the application forms to claim points. I can't get anywhere in calculating mine.
Last but not least, as you work on your french skills, if your English is not up to date, better work on it too! Montreal is a bilingual city and most employers insist on perfect bilingualism. I have some french friends who have not been able to find meaningful employment coz of their limited English skills.