+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He should have assessed you based on the old rules which do not require any test. If you believe that you still score enough points with Basic french and you indicated on the form Basic French (what you actually spoke at the interview), you can appeal. Sometimes files are poorly handled. The interviewers also make mistakes, the idea is not to give up just because of some monsieur/madame.
peso said:
guys i had my interview yesterday and the officer was so angry with me because i had not sent in the french test , he told me at the end that everything is ok. but he told me that he does not know what to do ? maybe he should deny me or give me time to do french and they will give me csq. i think it was the new law that was why, or what do you guys think? another thing which i was angry about is that he told me to speak french and he told me at the end its basic does he expect me to speak like the french people?

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
Vienna Office is not slow in the application but if they find something that they would doubt on whatever be that think, you will wait at least 8-10 Months until they will clarify that doubt.
I waited 9 Months after my interview to take my CSQ, and for what? nothing just a little doubt cause all that. But now i am happy that everything ended good and i forgot all that hard time i
waited.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
syed_h_sha said:
That is the purely depends on the interview officer. few are very strict and few are liberal. Even when you are not claimed points for french In the interview you should show your interest to learn french and working on that. and it would be great if you can speak few words would impress the officer.

I heard most cases given time to learn french and come back after certain time and few cases they sent the CSQ. I guess that depends on the area of your training. so far I never heard that they rejected based on the language skills...

good luck

Syed
Hi Syed, What do you mean by" that depends on the area of your training" ? do you mean if your French was not to a satisfactory level to the interviewer but your area of training is in the list of areas of training then that can grant the applicant to get the CSQ ? ::)

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indian_guy said:
Hello,

I am from India and had applied to quebec immigration in august 2011 and got confirmation in october 2011 .
Points claimed by me were

Education --
Geological Engineering (Bach. - 4 year --- 10 points
Age 16 years
Experience 4 .2 years -- 8 points
French
DELF A1,A2,B1 ( have got more than 16 out of 25 in both oral and listening for all )
8 points
English IELTS
Listening 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Points claimed 6

financial adaptability 1

Total points claimed -- 49

I am currently enrolled in Level 7 in Alliance
I have one doubt , will my IELTS be considered for 6 points or 5 as in listening i scored 7.5 only .
My application should be checked on base of pre dec 2011 , otherwise I am short of marks

also 49 points claimed should be inclusive of 1 point for finance point or exclusive of the same .

Please sugges for above 2 issues
I am very worried..
Hello indian_guy
You should also include points for your training. You have only included your educational points..

b.indiano68

May 28, 2011
Application for QSC sent on 1st September 2011 to BIQ HongKong. No AOR received yet after 3 months, however, two emails were sent to them for enquiry but they did not reply since one week. What should I do next.

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
peso said:
i claimed 3 points, but before i was told i was given 4 for french by biq hk, and noc 0213
I guess you had a problem with your points.. based on the previous post you made BIQ HK gave you 45 points without french exams claiming 4 points for it then after sending your experience you gained 49 points that's why you were called for interview. the 4 points for french is very important in your case as they have given you such points to be called for interview... in the adaptability you have to prove them that you gained that certain level with proof and perfect your interview at the same time to get 55 points.. there are 3 results after interview 1. selected with CSQ, 2. Rejection because of fraud documents 3. they will require you to take the exam to support your claims if they were not satisfied with the either of the language during the interview. my suggestion would contact AF soonest and inquire about the schedule for the exam so you can prepare whatever the decision of the IO during the interview so you can get your CSQ really soon :)) anyway you can still file an administrative review so atleast everyone is given a chance to support our claims. God bless!

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
OsamaR said:
Experts and seniors, please give me your feedback on what I did..

I basically claimed level 5 in French when I submitted my application 10 days ago but I also started taking French course from level 1 at alliance France..
My plan also is to continue taking french courses till I get to the interview but I'm not sure if I will do any exams before the interview or not!!!
I am afraid that I have claimed more points than what I can reach by the time of the interview !!! :eek:

Please give me your feedback guyssss

if your application is claiming 49 points excluding french.. i guess that would be good but if your french score is part of the reason why you reached 49 points and be called for interview then i suggest you should bring proofs of such level like exams to support your claims atleast by the time of interview you will just focus on presenting your interest in quebec. rather interest + language which is more difficult since youhave claimed a very high proficiency... I guess safest claim for french level without test during interview is basic or 2 points..Godbless :)

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OsamaR said:
Experts and seniors, please give me your feedback on what I did..

I basically claimed level 5 in French when I submitted my application 10 days ago but I also started taking French course from level 1 at alliance France..
My plan also is to continue taking french courses till I get to the interview but I'm not sure if I will do any exams before the interview or not!!!
I am afraid that I have claimed more points than what I can reach by the time of the interview !!! :eek:

One piece of advice for you....you can go for intensive courses at alliance francaise, if you have sufficient time for french language and af in your area offers intensive courses so that you can reach level 5 at short time. Moreover, it would be helpful for you to learn it more quickly.

Please give me your feedback guyssss

indian_guy

Dec 10, 2011
niravk said:
Hello indian_guy
You should also include points for your training. You have only included your educational points..
Education --
Geological Engineering (Bach. - 4 year --- 10 points
Age 16 years
Experience 4 .2 years -- 8 points
French
DELF A1,A2,B1 ( have got more than 16 out of 25 in both oral and listening for all )
8 points
English IELTS
Listening 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Points claimed 6

financial adaptability 1

Total points claimed -- 49

I am currently enrolled in Level 7 in Alliance
I have one doubt , will my IELTS be considered for 6 points or 5 as in listening i scored 7.5 only .
My application should be checked on base of pre dec 2011 , otherwise I am short of marks

also 49 points claimed should be inclusive of 1 point for finance point or exclusive of the same .

Please sugges for above 2 issues
The points for my area of training is 0 .

Please suggest me

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Djoker,

if you speak french and can prove it with a test score then you get points for it. if you get adequate points to clear the cutoff, you stand a chance to get teh CSQ and maybe in due course, the visa. there are a lot of points for french language skills.

Djoker said:
If you are applying for QSW you must know how to speak french? or you can choose english or french? \

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Thank you very much applicante.ph & francaise for your feedback..

I will keep taking french courses till I get the time of the interview, and hopefully by reaching level 5 at alliance France that would be equivalent to level 5 in the application form...

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi osama,
dont worry much friend,

As per your timeline, you have sent your file just 10-12 days ago, and looking at the flow of applications received by BIQ HK in recent months, it will take at least 2 months for your AOR and more than 6-8 months for interview (some are saying that now this time will be about 12 months). so you have ample of time to learn french and take exams to reach the mentioned level by you in your application.

It is very good to join in crash course / fast course of AF as you will be finishing levels very quick and also you will be able to take exams. For your info, if you are in India, next exam dates of A1/A2 will fall in Feb 2012 (13th and 14th Feb), and good news is that you can take both the exams simultaneously..

so my advice to you is that no to worry much about your level you mentioned in application, but to learn french and clear exams ( I am sure with intensive study, surely you can reach to B1 level within 12 months).
OsamaR said:
Thank you very much applicante.ph & francaise for your feedback..

I will keep taking french courses till I get the time of the interview, and hopefully by reaching level 5 at alliance France that would be equivalent to level 5 in the application form...

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi indian_guy,
pls can you share, why you are telling that your points for AOT is zero..

is your edu and your work exp is different, or is your degree is older than 5 years...

if your degree is older than 5 years, but you have worked atleast for 1 year in a job related to your education, then surely you will get points for AOT.
:)
if you can share, pls give details of your education and your work experience in last 5 years. This will help to understand your points calculation better. :)
indian_guy said:
The points for my area of training is 0 .

Please suggest me

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
@for those who haven't received AOR yet...

"The date of receipt of application is the date entered (buffered) by
the MICC on the Application for Selection Certificate (DCS) at the time of
receipt of the request. In addition, to be considered as having been received
by the MICC, the DCS must be duly completed, signed and accompanied by the fee
due.
"

so if your AOR is dated after Dec, 5, 2011... you are required to submit language exams

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
hi osama,
dont worry much friend,

As per your timeline, you have sent your file just 10-12 days ago, and looking at the flow of applications received by BIQ HK in recent months, it will take at least 2 months for your AOR and more than 6-8 months for interview (some are saying that now this time will be about 12 months). so you have ample of time to learn french and take exams to reach the mentioned level by you in your application.

It is very good to join in crash course / fast course of AF as you will be finishing levels very quick and also you will be able to take exams. For your info, if you are in India, next exam dates of A1/A2 will fall in Feb 2012 (13th and 14th Feb), and good news is that you can take both the exams simultaneously..

so my advice to you is that no to worry much about your level you mentioned in application, but to learn french and clear exams ( I am sure with intensive study, surely you can reach to B1 level within 12 months).
Thank you mkshah for your advice.. My visa office is actually Montreal which I believe would take quite some time to get the AOR and then the interview..
Hopefully by then I will be able reach the required level inshallah :)

Osama