+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
My interview is in November! Fingers crossed. Its in New York... Anyone and egrace etc, please if you have interview suggestions, what type of French to practice, what documents to bring etc, please let me know. I plan to take bank statement there as well!

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
shootingstar said:
Hello Friends,

I am happy to let you know that my application has reached the designated BIQ(montreal). Now the wait starts :)
Hope all goes well.
"BONNE CHANCE" and I wish u to have lots of patience in your waiting process now.

Regards

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chibiks said:
My interview is in November! Fingers crossed. Its in New York... GOOD LUCK.Anyone and egrace etc, please if you have interview suggestions, HERE IS A THREAD WHERE YOU CAN GET SOME INFO ABOUT THE INTERVIEW http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.htmlwhat type of French to practice, FRENCH WILL BE IN FORMAL LANGUAGE (IF IT IS WHAT YOU ARE ASKING)what documents to bring etc,YOU SHOULD BRING YOUR PASSPORTS WITH YOU(IF YOU HAVE ANY CHILDREN AND THEY WILL NOT ACCOMPANY YOU THERE YOU WOULD BETTER TAKE THEIR PASSPORT ALSO (BECAUSE WHEN I SENT MY SON'S PASSPORT THE OFFICER WAS SATISFIED) BRING ANY ORIGINAL WORK REFERENCE WITH YOU AS THEY NEED TO CHECK THEM, HEALTH AND SOCIAL INSURANCE BOOKLETS (ORIGINAL ONES AND THE TRANSLATED AND NOTARIZED COPIES. WORK BOOKLET (SAME AS THE LETTER ONE) ORIGINAL AND, COPIED TRANSLATED AND NOTARIZED COPY AS WELL AS THE MARKS CERTIFICATE) ONE OTHER THING THAT I BROUGHT WITH ME IN THE INTERVIEW WAS A FILE WITH LOTS OF ONLINE WORK APPLICATIONS AS YOU SHOULD BE READY TO SHOW THEM THEY YOU ARE AWARE OF THE JOB MARKET AND KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT. please let me know. I plan to take bank statement there as well!

THIS IS ALL I CAN SAY, ANYONE WHO IS MORE EXPERIENCED THAN ME CAN TELL U MORE.

ONCE MORE GOOD LUCK

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi I was checking BIQ HK website for the address to send my QSW application and I found following address from this website.

Pls tell whether this is correct address to send application for QSW or not?

Address
Bureau d'immigration du Québec à Hong Kong
c/o Consulate General of Canada
10th Floor, Tower 1, Exchange Square
8 Connaught Place, Central
Hong Kong

Telephone : (852) 2810.7183
Fax : (852) 2845.3889

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
@mk shah: its a correct address, as i have learnt this address by heart now :D
@shahbaz: thanks alot :)
@quebec_2012: best wishes for your learning and rest of the process.

peso

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
My interview is in November! Fingers crossed. Its in New York... Anyone and egrace etc, please if you have interview suggestions, what type of French to practice, what documents to bring etc, please let me know. I plan to take bank statement there as well!
hi bro, am so so happy for after a long time hope all goes well. and i wish you all the best.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
chibiks said:

[blue]Hi chibiks, Good Luck for your preparation and for Interview!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
shootingstar said:
Your document list looks fine. Also did you check the list of dicuments for your BIQ? The BIQ website has very detailed information...Did you also attach your current job letter/salry slip?

Hi shootingstar,
thanks for validating my checklist,
yes, I have attached latest increment letter, appraisal records and last 6 months salary slips along with PF statements for last 3 years.

If you are outside of ur country of citizenship then also attach work permits....
I am staying in my country of citizenship, so no work permit docs reqd to attached. Thanks for suggesting:)

Good Luck!
thanks buddy

And what is this new form? I did not use it!!! Does someone have any link?

This is new form called Generic Application Form for Canada-IMM 0008 with Bar codes. CIC have issued in july-2011. It is form for Permanent Residency in canada required to send at Federal stage, but now as per new process, we need to attach photocopy of completely filled form at CSQ stage.

You can get more info of this new form with barcode on this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

what could i possibly do if my work certificates are not available to me because the employer that i worked for was not so helpful on providing me with them?

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hussen said:
hello everyone,

what could i possibly do if my work certificates are not available to me because the employer that i worked for was not so helpful on providing me with them?
Dear hussen,

If you can't get that reference there is the Work Booklet which can show that if it has been a registered Work.

Regards.

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geribubaboy said:
Dear hussen,

If you can't get that reference there is the Work Booklet which can show that if it has been a registered Work.

Regards.
Actually it was an internship, it wasn't registered because it wasn't considered in terms of work. Do you think i could just write a note to state that it's unavailable to me? but then again, they wouldn't consider it in such case right? What else could be done?

Thank you for your fast replies

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hussen said:
hello everyone,

[blue]Hi Hussen,
It usually happens with many people here so no need to worry much.

if you are not able to get work certificate from your employer, then you can make an affidavit by yourself stating the details of work certificate such as the job responsibilities, date of joining, date of confirmation/period of probation, salary/stipend, number of working hours, other benefits etc.

You can also attach an explanatory letter mentioning that you can not get the work certificate from your employer for so and so reason.

Good Luck!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
For all new applicants who are collecting their documents and will submit their file to BIQ for getting CSQ, now there is a new IMM 0008 form to be attached (photocopy of form) with your application for CSQ:

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

How to use this application package

Download and read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
•Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]. It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 8.1 or higher.•Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
•Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As...'

Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms

To ensure you submit all the pages:

IMM 0008:

a.Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form. (Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.)
b.A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
c.Print, sign and date the form.
◦Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
◦Use of a laser printer is recommended
d.Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/apply-application.asp

Link to download this new form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
New Generic Form-IMM 0008 with barcode:
Some changes in my previous post:

Hi all, this is a new form which is required to submit for Permanent Residence Applicants. However old format IMM0008 (without barcode)
will be accepted till March 2012.
Pls read on...

Important:

New forms and an updated Instruction Guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) are now available. Applicants should follow the new Instruction Guide when preparing to submit an application

Federal skilled worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) after November 14, 2011 must be prepared using the updated instruction guide and Document Checklist (IMM 5612) or they will be returned as incomplete.

The CIO will continue to accept the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM0008) until March 31, 2012. After that date, only the new version of the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) will be accepted and all previous versions will be returned to applicants.

Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.