+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

egdm

Sep 17, 2015
Hi Julietkq

Do you mind giving me your email address as I have a few questions. We have the same timeline and same country.

Thanks. :)

Theus17

Aug 7, 2014
Guys I'm a newbie here.. Good pm by the way!
One newbie question if I am applying for a fsw do I need to pay for my dependents po? My wife and son?
Or just the applicant lang?

One more thing when did the qsw 2015 to 2016 starts? Do I still have the chance to be included in this years intake if I will submit my application for CSq? Thanks guys I hope I will hear something from you..

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Theus17 said:
Guys I'm a newbie here.. Good pm by the way!
One newbie question if I am applying for a fsw do I need to pay for my dependents po? My wife and son?
Or just the applicant lang?

One more thing when did the qsw 2015 to 2016 starts? Do I still have the chance to be included in this years intake if I will submit my application for CSq? Thanks guys I hope I will hear something from you..
What do you mean by "po" & "Lang"? Your question is not very clear.

You can't submit a QSW application at the moment (unless you have a validated job offer or Quebec experience). No one knows when the program will open (Qc states that the opening date will be announced later in 2015 - 2016). There is some speculation that the program may open at the beginning of October 2015, because Qc announced the launch of its online application process for this date.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hello Guys,

I'll be pleased if someone can help with a response.

I am a single applicant, and am preparing for QSWP to be launched by the end of 2015.

My total points so far = 51 (with IELTS band 7, but no French score), MSc Information Systems, and working as SAP HCM Consultant.

I read from Attorney David Cohen's site that absence of FRENCH will not be a bar in the new online system.

Can anyone please advice on this.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silasnjita said:
Hello Guys,

I'll be pleased if someone can help with a response.

I am a single applicant, and am preparing for QSWP to be launched by the end of 2015.

My total points so far = 51 (with IELTS band 7, but no French score), MSc Information Systems, and working as SAP HCM Consultant.

I read from Attorney David Cohen's site that absence of FRENCH will not be a bar in the new online system.

Can anyone please advice on this.
I, and several other regular posters, answer this question at least once a day (not a dig at you, just an observation):

French is not a requirement for QSW.

French is a significant advantage if you have at least level B2 (TEF/TEFAQ required to confirm that & get points).

Having said that, it will be difficult to fully enjoy life in Qc without French, except for a couple of specific locations, and lack of French knowledge (or willingness to learn/take lessons while awaiting CSQ) could significantly impact your ability to live/find work/integrate.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Lammawitch said:
I, and several other regular posters, answer this question at least once a day (not a dig at you, just an observation):

French is not a requirement for QSW.

French is a significant advantage if you have at least level B2 (TEF/TEFAQ required to confirm that & get points).

Having said that, it will be difficult to fully enjoy life in Qc without French, except for a couple of specific locations, and lack of French knowledge (or willingness to learn/take lessons while awaiting CSQ) could significantly impact your ability to live/find work/integrate.
Hello Lammawitch,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The issue is am not totally lost in French. Problem is I might not have enough time to prepare and take the test.
French and English are the 02 official languages in my country, I studied through out in English, so my French is not the best.

jy_k

Sep 16, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 4
Doc's Request.
feb 9
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Feb 4
Med's Done....
Feb 6
Lammawitch said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am currently preparing for Quebec OCT 2015, which is about to open in the next few weeks. But, i have couple of queries in filling up the forms. Need help from the seniors.
There is no official opening date for the 2015 QSW program.

1) Do we need to fill the form A0520 separately for both Primary and Spouse? Kindly confirm.
same (one) form for both

2) In my case, I am the primary applicant, employed and have more than 10 years of exp, and have 62 points. But, my husband is taking care of his Father's business and doesn't have any proper documents with him. And he is not filed tax as well. He is B.COM graduate (1998) and Recently, he did diploma in Accupuncture therapist (compelted in 2015). So I am going to mention as unemployed. Will i be in any risk in not considering for the CSQ?
Why/how does he have no documentation of this work/no tax files? Is this legal in your country? If he is not required to file taxes in your country, you can obtain & provide confirmation of this.

His B Com degree will not gain any points for your application as it's more than 5 years ago.

If he were genuinely unemployed, there would be no problems. I don't recommend lying.

Thanks in Advance for your kindly help.

-------------------------------------

Thanks so much for your response. But, still am not clear. If there is going to be only one form, then where should we document the spouse education and experience details ? How to claim Spouse points? Kindly give me more details on the same.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm so sorry, my reply was not clear (I made a typo which I didn't catch :( )

What I should have said is:

You complete the same form, one for each of you. At the very start of the form, there is a box to tick for main applicant or spouse.

Again, apologies for the confusion.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silasnjita said:
Hello Lammawitch,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The issue is am not totally lost in French. Problem is I might not have enough time to prepare and take the test.
French and English are the 02 official languages in my country, I studied through out in English, so my French is not the best.
You CAN apply without official TEF/TEFAQ results, you just won't get any points for French.

If you wish to evaluate your current level, & estimate what classes/how long you would need to study to bring your level upto B2/pass the exam, here is a free evaluation tool:
http://74.208.223.134/merlin/placement.htm

And here's general information on the tests:
http://www.af.ca/ottawa/exam-centre/tef-tefaq/tef-canada/

Edited to add: you have an advantage in that you live in a country where French is an official language, so use that advantage & practise practise practise!!

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Lammawitch said:
You CAN apply without official TEF/TEFAQ results, you just won't get any points for French.

If you wish to evaluate your current level, & estimate what classes/how long you would need to study to bring your level upto B2/pass the exam, here is a free evaluation tool:
http://74.208.223.134/merlin/placement.htm

And here's general information on the tests:
http://www.af.ca/ottawa/exam-centre/tef-tefaq/tef-canada/

Edited to add: you have an advantage in that you live in a country where French is an official language, so use that advantage & practise practise practise!!

Thanks for the links, much appreciated..

jeane_chua

Sep 4, 2015
Hello. I am Jeane, a QSW applicant. I received a letter intent to reject for CSQ, stating that I need to submit my work permit for my employment years. I work in Saudi for 6 years. My consultancy is asking for my Iqama copy per renewal. My problem is that I dont have anymore all those copies. Anyone who has the same situation with mine? Thanks in advance to those who will reply

Mario magdy

Sep 18, 2015
Hello guys,

Hello. I am Mario , a QSW applicant. I received a letter of rejection because I couldn't able to apply a working experience document and a legalization document for my first job can i ask for administrative review Ana send these documents with it? And is the officer will accept these documents ?